Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Palace lineup with rotation should really be;

Tibo
Azpi - Luiz - Cahill
Zappa - Baka - Drinkwater - Fab - Alonso
Hazard - Batshuayi
It's Palace, I don't see the point in that 3 man midfield. I'd rather go with..

Tibo
Azpi - Luiz - Cahill
Zappa - Baka - Fab - Alonso
Pedro - Batshuayi - Hazard

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
It's Palace, I don't see the point in that 3 man midfield. I'd rather go with..

Tibo
Azpi - Luiz - Cahill
Zappa - Baka - Fab - Alonso
Pedro - Batshuayi - Hazard

Yeah that was my alternative. What would you then advise mid week the 3-5-2 with drinkwater dropped in for pedro?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah that was my alternative. What would you then advise mid week the 3-5-2 with drinkwater dropped in for pedro?
Yeah probably. Either that or just go Drinkwater in for Fab. Not sure about putting that much pressure on Drinkwater so early though. Maybe push Luiz up instead.

AshfordLad

Conte demeanour on touchline was the most worrying thing today. Seemed a bit resigned.

Good as gone if I were to bet on it.

el3mel

Conte and Allegri will exchange their jobs at the end of the season I reckon.

AshfordLad

Conte and Allegri will exchange their jobs at the end of the season I reckon.
I think its going to be AC Milan for Conte and much earlier than end of season (at least his departure from Chelsea anyway).

Also, really doubt Allegri would want to come to Chelsea with the current difficult board to work with. He will have many options by next summer.

el3mel

I think its going to be AC Milan for Conte and much earlier than end of season (at least his departure from Chelsea anyway).
If Allegri left Juve this season I think Conte will prefer Juve to Milan. If Allegri stayed, Conte will go to Milan and Chelsea will go for Simeone.

BarcaSpurs

If Allegri left Juve this season I think Conte will prefer Juve to Milan. If Allegri stayed, Conte will go to Milan and Chelsea will go for Simeone.
Didnt simeone just sign a new long term contract and pledge his commitment to Atletico?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Conte demeanour on touchline was the most worrying thing today. Seemed a bit resigned.

If he leaves before the end of the season who could possibly replace him? Would be a big problem for you guys.

Edit - just saw @el3mel post above. Forgot Carlo is available.

AshfordLad

If Chelsea go after him I think no brainer he'll go.

Carlo is also available.
I don't think Chelsea would have to go as far down as Ancelotti. Simeone would be a good fit with the current transfer policy but otherwise it might be Jardim maybe even Clement.

If he leaves before the end of the season who could possibly replace him? Would be a big problem for you guys.

Edit - just saw @el3mel post above. Forgot Carlo is available.
It would be Hiddink again most likely or one of the youth coaches. Don't think there is any chance of Ancelotti return.

Listar

I wonder if Chelsea fans were one of those that keep harping on wait for bigger test after our palace match. If palace is not actually a test but a free pass, then that doesn't bode well for Chelsea. :lol:

salford_

Asked my dad about the game and he said it had a feel to it that something wasn't quite right behind the scenes. Morata showing just how good he is though, his loss was a huge blow.

Not a cat in hells chance they sack Conte. End of season he may go back to Italy but i think the next manager there is nailed on Simeone.

AshfordLad

Asked my dad about the game and he said it had a feel to it that something wasn't quite right behind the scenes. Morata showing just how good he is though, his loss was a huge blow.

Not a cat in hells chance they sack Conte. End of season he may go back to Italy but i think the next manager there is nailed on Simeone.
Highly doubt if Chelsea will sack him but he will walk none the less. He has gotten no support from the board in the summer. On the plus side, finally Granovskia might get the sack, which would be great going forward.

salford_

Highly doubt if Chelsea will sack him but he will walk none the less. He has gotten no support from the board in the summer. On the plus side, finally Granovskia might get the sack, which would be great going forward.
Oh he may walk, but at end of season probably when an Italian job opens up.

Eddy_JukeZ

Watched Hazard a few times this season and he looks tepid. Seems he played poorly again.

Still not fully recovered from injury or bad form?

ti vu

Watched Hazard a few times this season and he looks tepid. Seems he played poorly again.

Still not fully recovered from injury or bad form?
Missed pre season due to injury, so it's hard to build from ground zero even though he maybe fit now. Also with all the suspension and injuries, Chelsea didn't have the stability of starting line up like last season. It surely doesn't make it easy to quickly get back to top form.

Wayne's World

The only question I want to ask is who the feck sanctioned the 33 million move for Batshuayi? He's the reason the quality of the Premier League is so shite these days when that's the kind of player going for that kind of money these days, he's dog shit.

I can see Conte walking before the end of the season

Zoo

If you constantly bark at players like they are soldiers eventually they will stop listening.

AshRK

Judas will always be number 1. Funny how they were crapping on jose without realising the players they have are a moody bunch who won't think twice to backstab conte.

Bojan11

Judas will always be number 1. Funny how they were crapping on jose without realising the players they have are a moody bunch who won't think twice to backstab conte.
Or maybe they realising what it is like to get injuries?

They were very lucky last season they had no real injuries. I remember when they basically collapsed against us because Alonso wasn't playing. They couldn't cope with one player missing.

Costa was ever present for most of last season too.

Nickosaur

Felt a little bit dejected today, after a very negative performance v Liverpool, followed by City spanking Stoke. But this result cheered me up enormously.

Were Palace up for it today? Zaha made a difference? Or where Chelsea just really awful? (Kante and Morata were two big losses)

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Half expected Chelsea to drop points today without Morata. He's a brilliant player. And Batshit is shit.

Mike09

Crystal Palace was playing mad. They press high, used the pace & skills of Zaha & Townsend to bully their midfield & defense, Crystal Palace was the better team and they could have scored more goals as well. Bats is a shit player (not just a striker). Chelsea needs a backup striker in January. And I'm happy to see one of our rival dropped 3 points against a team like Palace :p

SirMattBugsby

I don't think Chelsea would have to go as far down as Ancelotti. Simeone would be a good fit with the current transfer policy but otherwise it might be Jardim maybe even Clement.

Find it surprising and frankly a bit in poor taste that you guys think Simeone will come running to Chelsea. He's turned Atlético into a top team (you know, the kind that draws 1-1 with Barça) afters of hard work. Everyone loves him there, so much so that he's putting his well-known desire to coach Inter on hold. You think he'll give up all that for this heirarchial mess?

salford_

Find it surprising and frankly a bit in poor taste that you guys think Simeone will come running to Chelsea. He's turned Atlético into a top team (you know, the kind that draws 1-1 with Barça) afters of hard work. Everyone loves him there, so much so that he's putting his well-known desire to coach Inter on hold. You think he'll give up all that for this heirarchial mess?
i get what you're saying, but i think he will be in the prem in the next 2 yrs, 3 most. If conte goes, abramovich will throw money at him, he was tempted before by all accounts but they took conte

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
The usual fickleness always rears it's head after a poor performance. We have had a tough start to the season, we have a few injuries. Drinkwater still not fit, morata out, kante missing then Moses goes off injured. All a bit mad at the moment. I think there will be a definite change in personnel, or at least needs to be because our central defence has been played around with too much. Conte needs to take some blame for the way he's approached some of these games, most notably Arsenal and City at home.

Yesterday vs Palace I think it was a mix of returning from international break, key players missing, playing away to a London derby club who have a new lease of life with Hodgson coming in, and Zaha coming back was a big deal because he and Townsend were very good yesterday. These things happen, they dust themselves off and go again. I believe there was a touch of arrogance going into the game yesterday and we took our eye off the ball.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
The usual fickleness always rears it's head after a poor performance. We have had a tough start to the season, we have a few injuries. Drinkwater still not fit, morata out, kante missing then Moses goes off injured. All a bit mad at the moment. I think there will be a definite change in personnel, or at least needs to be because our central defence has been played around with too much. Conte needs to take some blame for the way he's approached some of these games, most notably Arsenal and City at home.

Yesterday vs Palace I think it was a mix of returning from international break, key players missing, playing away to a London derby club who have a new lease of life with Hodgson coming in, and Zaha coming back was a big deal because he and Townsend were very good yesterday. These things happen, they dust themselves off and go again. I believe there was a touch of arrogance going into the game yesterday and we took our eye off the ball.
You have captured all the right points yet from my perspective like with Arsenal, Conte was over confident and should have played Luiz in midfield and also Christensen and Rudiger.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I see Jose's brainwashed you aswell.

He was a great manager for us but 15/16 was his fault, and it's not even/shouldnt be debatable.

AshRK

I see Jose's brainwashed you aswell.

He was a great manager for us but 15/16 was his fault, and it's not even/shouldnt be debatable.
Yes don't want to debate with a CTC fan who is too biassed to see through straight. Soon enough you will blame everything on conte too.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What's the deal with Drinkwater? (his last name always gets me) Long term or back soon?