Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Fofana and Gvardiol as the young CB’s for the long term with Koulibaly taking the place of Thiago Silva as the older leader who plays in the less demanding central CB position.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Your post is waffle, in all fairness. The club, board, manager, football director, recruitment/scouting team, academy managers and whatever other job titles are all involved in the decision making with transfers. You can not just separate certain decisions and say "not the club's decision". The manager is part of the fecking club. And that's why you have a director of football and an army of people in desk jobs contributing to these decisions.

Honestly, to be so bloody ignorant, arrogant and frankly fecking rude to call someone's post waffle, when your own post is a steaming turd of irrelevance is bloody incredible. If you'd bothered to read on a few posts you would see that a detailed and civil discussion exploring the subject carried on between myself and a few other posters, who all managed to conduct themselves like reasonable human beings. Well done for lowering the tone, big man.
I apologise for calling your post waffle, you are right it wasn't called for.

You think Chelsea wanted to sell KDB?. Emenalo was pleading with Mourinho to play him but didn't want him and then KDB wanted to leave .What do you want the club to do?. They wanted to loan him out but KDB wasn't having it, he was right too he was too good to be loaned out.
The club didn't want to sell most of these players on that list thats why they put a buyback on Livramento.
First option on Ake when sold to Bournemouth, Guehi first option.
Abraham buyback. Lamptey knew he had RJ infront of him.
The club deserve some criticism sure i agree, too much short term thinking. But when Tomori is like 5th choice CB because of Lampard, Conte didn't rate Ake the best thing to do is to sell.

It looks worse too because of how bad our recruitment has been in the last years, thats why i'm delighted Boehly is trying to get a DOF in.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Has there been a back line assembled so expensively?
Man City with Cancelo (£58M), Laporte (£58M), Dias (£64M), Walker (£47M) totals £227M and it's only a back-4.

Chelsea with Cucurella (£63M), Gvardiol (£77M), Koulibaly (£34M), Fofana (£70M) and James (£0) would only be £17M higher with one more player included. In a back-4 take out Koulibaly and it's less than City's thanks to James costing feck all.

Popovic

He's going to be a very good player... Boehly isn't fecking around is he

edcunited1878

Chelsea's issue has been generating enough goals. The defensive shape and their work rate off the ball and discipline makes them hard to score against, but when your best playmaker and creator is a right wing back and/or Mount, it kind of limits your potential for scoring goals. Sterling helps a lot, but something is still missing up front. Whether that is Broja getting games or a tweak in formation and tactics with a 3-4-1-2 type.

Best goal output was last season with 76 in the league, with 8 coming from the spot. Highest penalty tally in the league for Chelsea at 8, in the past five seasons.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Get the $ out for Neymar already. If we're spending £70m on an uncapped defender who's barely played in a year, we can swing it.

At least would be fun to watch.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
So they’ll end up getting Cucurella, Fofana, Koulibaly (and likely Gvardiol + Aubameyang)

Boehly’s making a statement.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You don’t think him spending 250-300m or how much it is is in his first transfer window is a sign of intent?

Right, forgot about them
Chelsea have often spent a lot of money. None of their signings so far have really made anyone think they’ve gone up a level. Just feel like yeah they’ve spent money but doesn’t really wow you.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea have often spent a lot of money. None of their signings so far have really made anyone think they’ve gone up a level. Just feel like yeah they’ve spent money but doesn’t really wow you.
Problem is with the amount of outgoings they've had with no money coming in for them they had to spend loads just to stay at the same level

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They’ve got a weird mish mash of players. Not looking like a great team at the moment.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I’m not saying I’m wow’ed. Never paid attention to any of them other than Sterling.
Just that it seems like the new owner wants to prove he’s willing to spend a lot of money.

cyberman

It’ll be bordering on 300m worth of defenders when the window closes!

Anderson_7_

Their attack is quite poor. Havertz is terrible. Mount is useless. Sterling is not clinical enough to carry them.

marktan

They've gone quite a lot of little problems adding up to a crap style of play, but it comes largely from allowing Tuchel to dictate transfers. He's a great tactician but anyone who decides to spend £100m on Lukaku after what he showed in the PL for United should not have a say in transfers.

Issues
- The midfield, without Kante in there there's almost no bite and everything falls to Kovacic to do. I can't remember the last time I noticed Mount do something.
- Sterling and Havertz - neither are great finishers or creators, so they fall into this world complex of not only failing to create much, but also not finishing much either.
- Playing Reece James as a CB instead of RWB when he does play.

I think their transfer spending this window has been pretty poor honestly. Koulibaly is a good pickup for the price but
- They're about the last team in the league that needed Cucerella when they already have an excellent wing back in Chillwell. And I rate Cucurella highly. You can say he can fill in at CB but all in all its a collasol miss-spend (not waste) of £60m.
- Sterling - he will get goals but he's been hit and miss for City in his finishing and creation over the last season or two and it won't be any different at Chelsea. In the Southampton game in the second half that he was wasteful with the ball. I really don't think he's any better than Pulisic who at least will take his man on more, and definitely not worth shunting Pulisic out to his weaker side on the RW at a cost of £50m.
- Selling Werner - not sure many will agree as his finishing is garbage, but I think he was very underrated in both his all round play and his ability to run in behind and create space. Certainly a useful option to have.
- Chasing after any defender that would cost £80m+. Obviously with new management and sacking the sporting people they've had to go for bigger names, but ideally they would've looked at some better priced options like Bremer for example and then allocated some of that money to a CM. Tbh I think £80m on a midfielder is a bigger priority for them than for Fofana. I don't know why they didn't just pay one of Rudiger or Christensen. Just some really poor squad building choices from Chelsea.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Who are their strikers actually supposed to be? Havertz and Broja? Massive problem that.

Telsim

Chelsea are struggling away from home, it seems. Barely scraped a win against Everton, got wrecked by Leeds, and now Southampton. The grit they showed against Leicester last week was non-existent today.

We will be playing Europa League together next year. :D

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
My striker Broja done more in his cameo than Havertz has done in 5 games.

Sweet Square

They’ve got a weird mish mash of players. Not looking like a great team at the moment.
Pretty much. They seem to have mashed together a low block counter attacking defence with a high pressing forward line(While also having no good strikers).

Leaves them playing very boring and ineffective football.

Status
Not open for further replies.