Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

In trouble if Tuchel goes. It doesn’t seem like there is a decent structure in place behind the scenes and they will need another manager willing to play three at the back or the squad will be horrendously balanced.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In trouble if Tuchel goes. It doesn’t seem like there is a decent structure in place behind the scenes and they will need another manager willing to play three at the back or the squad will be horrendously balanced.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would be stupid to sack him, generally speaking. Would be even crazier to sack him before getting a DoF in.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
That was a painful watch. Tuchel better feel lucky that Roman was forced to sell. That performance could have been his job.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think they’ve had as poor a window as everyone is saying, but something is certainly off at Chelsea atm.
None of it fits completely together. No matter how we set up, it seems unsuited to at least a third of the players on the pitch.

A Mount plus Kovacic midfield two … with at least one of the back 3 being a movement liability in Azpi? It just doesn’t work.

If you are going to play that setup, and not play Zakaria, then you had to start with Chalobah in the center of the three, with KK and Fofana to either side. Chalobah can play at operating as a 6 better than RLC can, and what makes Tuchels call weird was that he did use Trevoh that way in our big CL run.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I think they will replace Jorgihno and Kante in winter, not next Summer.

And it wouldnt surprise me if Boehly and his group were licking their chops to replace Tuchel. Americans allow even new GMs to hire their own coaches, much less entirely new owners. My guess is they are waiting for the DoF hire that is supposed to come before the winter window opens.

If they want to win right now they have to be more ruthless. Azpi is a sub… period.

Mount is not a winger , and he’s not going to do the job in a two man midfield. So until they get someone like Alvarez,actually play Zakaria, or give Chalobah a shot… you can’t play Mount except as a situational sub either.

For someone whose claim to fame is tactics, his setups are just …. Wrong.

Not today… but using RLC as the base of a 3 man midfield, shielding a back two? NO!

On the transfer window: the players we did get suit us fine. It is some of the players we had that don’t. If Kante was healthy, and Kovacic was fully healthy, we might not even notice the issues. They just left it late to realize that wasn’t going to magically fix itself.

If you had a back four of: cucu/Chilwell, KK, Fofana, James.

A midfield of Alvarez, Kova, Mount/Gallagher

and a front of Sterling, Auba/Broja, Havertz, with Sterling roaming to each side to attack spaces Cutting in, and Havertz helping to link play and following in off the main strikers movements .,.. we might look ok.

But that isn’t the reality Tuchel has to work with. He needs to be pragmatic.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It’s honestly quite surprising that Tuchel doesn’t seem to have any clear vision of how he wants his team to play after this long in the job. He doesn’t seem to know his best team, best formation, or best tactics. Every match is trying something new and casting around for something that works.

Cantonagotmehere

I think they will replace Jorgihno and Kante in winter, not next Summer.

And it wouldnt surprise me if Boehly and his group were licking their chops to replace Tuchel. Americans allow even new GMs to hire their own coaches, much less entirely new owners. My guess is they are waiting for the DoF hire that is supposed to come before the winter window opens.

If they want to win right now they have to be more ruthless. Azpi is a sub… period.

Mount is not a winger , and he’s not going to do the job in a two man midfield. So until they get someone like Alvarez,actually play Zakaria, or give Chalobah a shot… you can’t play Mount except as a situational sub either.

For someone whose claim to fame is tactics, his setups are just …. Wrong.

Not today… but using RLC as the base of a 3 man midfield, shielding a back two? NO!

On the transfer window: the players we did get suit us fine. It is some of the players we had that don’t. If Kante was healthy, and Kovacic was fully healthy, we might not even notice the issues. They just left it late to realize that wasn’t going to magically fix itself.

If you had a back four of: cucu/Chilwell, KK, Fofana, James.

A midfield of Alvarez, Kova, Mount/Gallagher

and a front of Sterling, Auba/Broja, Havertz, with Sterling roaming to each side to attack spaces Cutting in, and Havertz helping to link play and following in off the main strikers movements .,.. we might look ok.

But that isn’t the reality Tuchel has to work with. He needs to be pragmatic.
Good post. My Chelsea pal said the same thing that another Chelsea fan said above, if Roman was here, Tuchel would probably be gone tomorrow.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I give him more time as he probability deserves it and besides not many great managers are out there at the moment, all of them seem to be well settled at the moment.

Remember the geese

If I had the choice of having Tuchel or Potter at United, I'd take the latter. If Chelsea have the opportunity to bring him in now, they should take it. If not, end of season it is.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Tuchel so far has had an amazing Continental record and that should count, the criticism he gets on the back of a rough run is a bit harsh i think.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Meh they will just get some random manager and win the CL.

Tuchel in!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To be fair even when they were favourites for the league, they were never a team with style. A bit like us with Ole during the winning streak. Problem with managers like that is always the long term, the results catch up with the performances.

Anderson_7_

Their midfield is playing like drunk; no chemistry whatsoever. And their attack is completely toothless.

Tuch crying about lack of hunger and mentality. He might be done. :(

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Cant believe the press was waxing lyrical about the Fofona-Thiago-Koulibaly backline. Fofona has been skinned this season more times than I can count, I remember watching him against Arsenal when he was still at Leicester , Martinelli went past him at will, now he is getting roasted by players in Croatia. As for Koulibaly his reputation is tall but his performances have been dire. He was ran ragged v Leeds and again looks so far off the pace. As for Thiago, he is 37 and at that age the legs can give away any moment.

For me, Chelsea are hands down the worst of the big 6. They are my pick to finish 6th and I think they will find themselves a fair distance from 4th position before the halfway mark of the season.

bringbackbebe

Tuchel seems to be burdened with more than he can handle. Bad idea if Chelsea were to fire him. He should instead be backed up with a good DoF so he can concentrate on what he's good at - coaching & tactics. Transfer market isn't really his thing.

NoPace

Tuchel so far has had an amazing Continental record and that should count, the criticism he gets on the back of a rough run is a bit harsh i think.
He's obviously a good manager, but they might be better off just moving on from him and Thiago Silva (who makes 2 or 3 really fantastic defensive plays a game but I think has lost a yard of pace, which I mean he's 38 in a few weeks).

Bringing in a fresh manager who wants to play 4 at the back and a DM would leave them with some tough questions and unhappy players (only one of Chillwell or Cucarella starting, same for Mount and Havertz and Gallagher, with one of the those latter two moving on for good money) but it would freshen things up and I think a solid team with James and Cucarella at fullback, Kovacic as a #8 and a proper winger opposite Sterling looks really well balanced, which at the moment they're not at all.

Not sure who it would be. Tuchel I guess could go to Sevilla or a hilarious Lukaku reunion at Inter or Werner reunion at Leipzig.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He’ll be your manager soon when Boehly sacks Tuchel
Given that Boehly has stuck with the generally quite incompetent Dave Roberts as manager of the Dodgers for years and years, I think it's extremely unlikely he'll sack Tuchel anytime soon. Ironically, Chelsea's manager position might have gone from one of the least stable to one of the most in the league with the change in ownership.
Thoughts?

Shinjch

Makes their summer seem even stranger considering we were told it was Tuchel who picked the players to recruit.

In Rainbows

Wait, why do people think Boehly runs the Dodgers? It's an ownership group made up of many rich people. It's hard to say who made the decision to hire Andrew Friedman, who is the true genius behind the Dodgers' excelling on all sporting fronts. And hiring him doesn't mean too much. He or whoever hired Friedman could have gotten lucky.

If anything, this move is very anti-Friedman like. Which suggests that Boehly doesn't put much thought into his decisions. Doesn't look all too good for Chelsea if this guy is in charge.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Signed Auba because Tuchel worked well with him and then sack him 6 days later :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I just want one normal day following Chelsea please. Just one.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anthony Gordon making his way to Lampards house as we speak with a big box of chocolates.

macheda14

Of course any thing is not guaranteed in football but there is reason for last season form and this season form at the start.

He got his choice of players now and logically speaking he has more chance to turn things around with his own choice of players than let it slip away.

Anyway we will see what will happen. If i am right we will comfortably at 2 nd place before world cup window.
What you thinking now then bud?

Status
Not open for further replies.