Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

walsh

Evans back in our defence and we look shaky again. Young has done nothing. Jones has been anonymous at times. Badically all three players he brought in haven't been good enough. Should have stayed with thevteam that beat swansea. fecking idiot.
What a shit post.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Oh, and this Luiz basketball walls in the middle of the park all the fecking time, what the feck is Dowd up to with him ? He should've been well off now.

iAm20Legend

They're going to get another in the 2nd half. The best we can hope for perhaps is that we pull one back. Actually get something in the fecking net.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We never defend well when Evans plays. He's all over the show. If Smalling had played today we wouldn't be loosing.
Don't let anyone here hear you. It's always the rest of the defences fault and he's a top class centre back is what they'll tell you.

Ash_G

Everyone seems to think we're playing really well, which in a certain way we are, but consistent attacking down the flanks relying on whacking balls into the box for Januzaj and Welbeck to compete with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic etc isn't actually good, it's fecking barmy. We've actually only created two chances, one from a defensive mistake (Welbeck) and one from playing one two football through the middle (Young)

Yeah, thing is we're not even doing our own tactic well and we rarely do atm. We overload one side, so you have full back, winger and a cm/attacker against their two and then we get in but no one then makes a run in the box to get on the end of the ball.

Thing is for me this has just shown that if we saw a bit more bottle we could well have had a proper go. Chelsea haven't been particularly good at all. We've moved our inform striker in the hole, our in form winger up front, when we clearly could have kept them in the roles they were doing.

kps88

That was a clear pen, didn't see it during the game.

Yep. I think if he didn't make contact with the ball it would have been given. Refs tend to ignore it if the striker gets a shot off. Strangely, we didn't really appeal too much either.

DevilRed

I made this point pre-game people didn't wanna know.

Defensive wingers won't compensate for our defensive disorganisation.
I know oscar and willian are dangerous on the counter, but i'd imagine if we had Januzaj on the left we could actually force them to defend a bit and that in itself is a better form of defence than the shite we are seeing now.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
As things stand, we're six points off 4th place with a lot of points left to play for. The Scousers face off next weekend and we have still to play both another time as well.

For people to say a loss here will kill our hopes of Champions League football next year is downright bizarre.
Is that right? Lose today and we're only 6 points off 4th? Hmmm, suddenly I'm feeling a lot less depressed :)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard has been absolutely excellent so far. I hope Luiz will be taken off soon. 2-0 isn't so comfortable with 10 men. Haven't seen a replay of the yellow card he got, was it an elbow? Looked bad in real time.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Worth a mention that really we just look like missing a great player in the final third (Rooney/RVP)

Kag

Ha ha, the worst poster on the forum appears, telling lies again, just preparing his "Kagawa would have won it for us" rant. At least the fanboys will be clearing off soon enough...
We've created two chances. Hence, feck all. I haven't mentioned Kagawa during the game. I seldom enter his thread. I offer a lot more to debate than the snidy non-stop bullshit you come out with every time we lose a game. Do one.

lynchie

We've created feck all.
Nonsense. We've had a couple of chances that should have been put away, and got into good positions behind the Chelsea defense several times only to mess up the final ball. With a more clinical striker we'd be up.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I understand Kagawa is supposed to be a top player but it's not as if he hasn't had enough chances to impress. He's been pretty shite most times he's played I'm tired of making excuses for. If he gets on the pitch he needs to step up.

As opposed to Young and Valencia who were simply flawless this season.

lilcurt

Your opinion is valid, the problem is the time you have decided to bring it to the fore is the moment when United aren't doing as well, after previously not being interested in telling anyone online your opinion. Why don't you keep it to the pubs, mate?
It's an opinion if you don't like it ignore it and keep reading the posts below, you have no right to pull me up me for it. It's human nature to vent when disappointed, add to the fact I actually said we are playing well but doubt we can get two goals I hardly call that stirring.

Anyway the argument/conversation ends here as I'm not spending anymore time defending my right to express my opinion whether positive or negative. I will know that in future I have to post a bank of 10 positive messages before I'm justified in making one that mildly expresses dissatisfaction.

Timdbro

Moyes needs to fecking look at this as an opportunity; fletcher and Kagawa on for young and jones, and let's see if we can actually play some football.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
The annoying thing is that we cant really blame anyone. We should atleast be level, but we're not. Nothing in this game, bar the goals (which I've heard is supposed to be sort of important in football), suggests that we should be 2-0 down.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Well, he did take his standing foot away before Danny could even get the shot off. Clear penalty in my book.
Definitely a penalty for me too but probably not the easiest call for the referee to make in that situation

Tough break, undone by a deflection, albeit a nice strike by Samu and terrible defending leaving Hazard alone in the box after the corner.

Wellbeck & Adnan both have played well for me. Chelsea still look like a shadow of the team they could be, neutered by Mou

Ainu

Everyone seems to think we're playing really well, which in a certain way we are, but consistent attacking down the flanks relying on whacking balls into the box for Januzaj and Welbeck to compete with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic etc isn't actually good, it's fecking barmy. We've actually only created two chances, one from a defensive mistake (Welbeck) and one from playing one two football through the middle (Young)

Relying on an 18 year old who was unheard of 6 months ago to provide all our spark isn't actually a good thing.
There were other moments where we were very close to creating clear opportunities, but the final ball went wrong. There was on ball from Januzaj straight across the goal that was begging to be tapped in at the far post (why the feck was Valencia not in the box?) and another after Januzaj's pass through some Chelsea legs where Evra messed up a simple looking cutback to Welbeck. These moments didn't result in chances but were good bits of play, we weren't just pumping it into the box. The final ball is letting us down and we need to get more bodies in to the box, that's the story of our attacking failures I'm afraid.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think the thing this really highlights is how we need to change, we're playing the ball well and intensity is there but Young/Valencia against good European teams simply won't work. They may produce on occassion but more often than not we'll see posession and endeavour with no end product. I really want to see Moyes start to change this... we either need to play Kagawa into form in the right position (Januzaj coming from the left) or buy that player that will take us from midfield to the final third and create chances.

Hope Europe isn't watching because this is the blueprint for beating us reasonably comfortably. Which is a shame because there's a lot of young players playing really well there.

Edit: Move Jones to CB and play him when he's fit. Darren Flectcher please!

Europe? Let's worry about the likes of Sunderland first

Status
Not open for further replies.