Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Need a gif of the tackle on Chadli at the end please. Especially the slow mo angle. That was incredible defending - ice fecking cold.

tom33

Please Chris, just stay healthy this season! I'm still convinced that Smalling and Jones would become a fantastic partnership if they managed to stay fit and play together for a full season. It just seems like winning the lottery might be a more realistic hope!

Jagga7

Mike's a helluva defender. He needs to stay fit, could be one of the best in the league if he does.

iAm20Legend

Hopefully he stays injury-free.
Now buy a proper (left-footed :rolleyes:) world class defender to partner him, and we'll do very well.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Did very well today. A composed, calm figure. Don't think he and Romero can understand each other but they got through it to good effect.

entropy

Solid performance from Smalling today. He read the game really well and managed to make vital clearances. Given that he had to deal with a makeshift CB and GK, he had a really good game.

m1y2

Mixe best, never seen so many world class tackles from him in one game, his passing was little bit off but he needs to be trusted..

m1y2

Please Chris, just stay healthy this season! I'm still convinced that Smalling and Jones would become a fantastic partnership if they managed to stay fit and play together for a full season. It just seems like winning the lottery might be a more realistic hope!
The question is where is Jones? left out of the squad or injured AGAIN?

Jad

Looked confident and showed the form that he did towards the end of last season. Great to see him barking orders and trying to calm the team down on the ball towards the end, looked like a real leader.

Devil may care

MOTM, covered Blind when needed and made a couple of vital tackles, looks like LvG is easing him off having to run it out as well which is a good sign.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He fairly bossed things at the back there today alright, saving our holes with last ditched tackles a few times. Easily man of the match.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Obviously man of the match for me, as has been mentioned already. A class act, not much more to say. This will be the season he steps up and confirms himself as one of the league's best CBs, if he can stay fit.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I struggle to think of many better defenders in the league in 1v1 situations.

Kag

How many times does he need to demonstrate that he's our best defender before it sinks in?

I couldn't give a flying one about his passing, because the gap between him and the rest of our central defenders is huge. Defenders defend, first and foremost.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Played very very well today.
Getsme on the #SmallingPlusOne train? :D

---

He is our best CB and has been so for the last two years. We need a partner for him though, i still think Otamendi would be great, but LvG may feel that he needs a ball playing defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.