Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How the feck do we have 3 of our main back 4 with semi serious freak injuries that habe them out for well over a month for all of them? Most years this happens but its usually just injury prone players with their muscles and shit like that. This year is just awful luck. Not to mention that the 4th member of that back 4 is still recovering from a broken leg. So yeah.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also I agree with pogue here, has to be a new injury. They are professionals and have scans on anything potentially serious and he wouldnt just take painkillers or injections if this happened before. They wouldve had a scan that you can read instantly.

saivet

A new injury causing a broken toe after training on your own for a few days? Not being reported to me as a new injury either. Sounds like more a case of Jose fecking up this situation.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's absolutely baffling that Mourinho was having a go at him for actually being injured. Is it more proof he's losing his touch? Mourinho was normally spot on with this sort of stuff back at his best. It's not Smalling is some lazy git either, he and Blind started and played the most games out of everyone in our team last year - I think it was like 50 odd matches.
Blind actually got credits from Mourinho for at least wanting to sit on the bench last Sunday, while I think it's fair to assume he could've been made fit enough to start against Swansea (but with the risk of then missing his international duties). So I would definitely say it's fair to assume Mourinho isn't really upset with Smalling, especially when you consider he played with those injections twice. I'm not worried.

Shaw had criticism coming of course, because of his idiot brother. But all in all Mourinho was probably just trying to raise the stakes with his comments, and he might've been right looking at some of the performances so far and the Arsenal game coming up.

ti vu

This isn't subtle stuff though. Any eejit can read an xray of a toe and any eejit would take an xray before injecting fecking cortisone into an unknown toe injury. And that's when you're treating any random punter, never mind an elite athlete!
Sound to me like a new injury, too. For a broken toe injury to go undetected for weeks with all these professional medical staffs in a club of this size :houllier: Valencia and Bailly got their problem diagnosed in few days?

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Smalling probably just pretended it wasn't that bad so he could remain playing and keep his place. Obviously it got to the point where it was effecting him and he had to get it sorted.

The medical team can only do a scan if he reports a problem, a small fracture can seem like just bruising unless it's dislocated.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think Jose will sell Smalling in the summer.
I doubt that, he was his first choice ever since the season started. He even praised him few games back because he played injured(which tbf was followed by blaming hin one week after for not being brave).

Loublaze

ATLien
I think Jose will sell Smalling in the summer.
Stranger things have happened like Trump winning the election. I highly doubt he'll be looking to sell him. I think Mourinho rates Smalling highly

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
It's absolutely baffling that Mourinho was having a go at him for actually being injured. Is it more proof he's losing his touch? Mourinho was normally spot on with this sort of stuff back at his best. It's not Smalling is some lazy git either, he and Blind started and played the most games out of everyone in our team last year - I think it was like 50 odd matches.
:lol:

RedDevil@84

He's not over 30 so why short contracts? He's a starting 11 player and vice captain, only 26
I somehow am still not convinced about his abilities to be off injuries and on form consistently.
Anyways.. I wanted to say let us not hurry with the contract and see how he goes this season.. And perhaps not too long. Ended up saying the opposite :)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So is his toe broken or not? :lol:
That article says it is too.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What's the status here?
Is he injuried or not?
And if not, what do you think about his situation?
Will Jones/Blind keep him out of the squad?
If we agree that Bailly is first choice when fit.

Just submitted the lineup prediction, and started thinking about our cb situation.
Honestly no clue who Mourinho considers his best pair, or best partner to Bailly.

Loublaze

ATLien
What's the status here?
Is he injuried or not?
And if not, what do you think about his situation?
Will Jones/Blind keep him out of the squad?
If we agree that Bailly is first choice when fit.

Just submitted the lineup prediction, and started thinking about our cb situation.
Honestly no clue who Mourinho considers his best pair, or best partner to Bailly.
He's injured and expected back December 11 apparently. I think Mourinho sees him and Bailly as his starting pair when all are fit. Jones still has to prove his fitness considering his terrible record, and I think Smalling has an added height advantage and being the best CB in the air by far

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He's injured and expected back December 11 apparently. I think Mourinho sees him and Bailly as his starting pair when all are fit. Jones still has to prove his fitness considering his terrible record, and I think Smalling has an added height advantage and being the best CB in the air by far
I can easily see him benched on his return from injury.

Think it could be Bailly and Jones.

RedCurry

I m a fan of Smalling but having Jones in place of him in last couple of matches has really made a difference to our speed of passing from the back.

Smalling is a very good defender, a great athlete but probably the worst player on the ball I've seen play for us.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I m a fan of Smalling but having Jones in place of him in last couple of matches has really made a difference to our speed of passing from the back.

Smalling is a very good defender, a great athlete but probably the worst player on the ball I've seen play for us.
Fellaini makes Smalling look like Ronaldinho, but except from that, i agree :)

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is still a very good defender, i can't forget what he did these last 3 seasons.

His passing will always be a negative with him, but besides that he is a beast. He got real competition with Bailly though, who is quite better than him technically.

Loublaze

ATLien
I can easily see him benched on his return from injury.

Think it could be Bailly and Jones.
We just never learn do we? Jones hasn't had a sustained injury-free period in four seasons! A few games can't make us forget surely. I think Smalling will get back in at the very least because he's the tallest CB we have and for Mourinho I think that negates his limited passing ability.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
We just never learn do we? Jones hasn't had a sustained injury-free period in four seasons! A few games can't make us forget surely. I think Smalling will get back in at the very least because he's the tallest CB we have and for Mourinho I think that negates his limited passing ability.
Didn't Mourinho and Smalling have a failing out recently?

Plus I've never been entirely convinced by Smalling. His shirt pulling annoys me immensely.

I'm sure Jones will get injured at some point.Some things are certain..like death and taxes.

Loublaze

ATLien
Didn't Mourinho and Smalling have a failing out recently?

Plus I've never been entirely convinced by Smalling. His shirt pulling annoys me immensely.

I'm sure Jones will get injured at some point.Some things are certain..like death and taxes.
Not unless one believes everything the media writes. Vidic was a bigger offender when it comes to shirt pulling. I think Smalling will reclaim his place upon full fitness. If Mourinho doesn't rate him anymore he'll defently be looking to buy a new CB to partner Bailly IMO

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So on November 11th it was reported that Smalling has a broken toe and he’ll be out for 4, possibly even 6 weeks. Mourinho denied this. It’s been 3 weeks since and there’s nothing to suggest he’s on his way back. Could turn out that Bailly plays before Mike...

SteveW

So on November 11th it was reported that Smalling has a broken toe and he’ll be out for 4, possibly even 6 weeks. Mourinho denied this. It’s been 3 weeks since and there’s nothing to suggest he’s on his way back. Could turn out that Bailly plays before Mike...
Clearly he has a broken toe. Jose would have got this suppressed to stop himself from looking like a bigger twat after his outburst.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How long does a broken toe take to heal? It's been a month already and no sign.
Must be somewhere close surely?!

Toad

How long does a broken toe take to heal? It's been a month already and no sign.
Must be somewhere close surely?!
I think even when he is back it will be a struggle to get back in with the form Rojo has shown recently and Bailly through the games he has played for us. Even Jones has been pretty solid so far. I hope he is made to work for it in training instead of automatically getting his place back because it would be unfair on the lads that have done well for us.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Will need to earn his way back in. Jones, Rojo and Bailly have all moved past him and he really hasn't looked good for about a year now.

izec

I dont see him starting. So far this season he wasnt better than Jones and Rojo lately. Bailly is better anyway

Jaybomb

I think he's been frozen out after the Chelsea game.

Can't see him getting back into the Starting 11 anytime soon. Rojo is showing his quality at CB, Bailly looks absolutely class and Jones has surprisingly stepped up and put in some good performances recently. Also Blind is surely ahead of him in the pecking order.

I think we should sell him and hopefully get about 30m for him. I've never rated him. Would be decent at a team like West Ham, but can you really say he's the sort of player we should be playing week-in/week-out if we aspire to be winning Champions Leagues? I can't. He's a massive liability in my opinion.

Kag

He's still our best central defender and I'm banking on him to demonstrate as much when he gets another run in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.