Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Was shockingly overrated last season. He's ok but nothing more. Looked a far better player in LvG's horrible negative setup.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have done better for the goal. So should Bailly. I thought he did pretty well overall though. Won some good headers and played the ball quickly which kickstarted a couple of counters. He was incredibly unfortunate to be penalised when he won the ball, and was then sandwiched between two Boro players. Quite possibly more ridiculous than the disallowed goal.

DeOddi

Dear me the overreaction....

Made a mistake (and he wasn´t the only one looking bad in that situation) for their goal, when he expected a cross towards our goal but apart from that he did well without much fuss.

3KDré

I would rather we have Jones in the team than him from now on.

Dir Wangem

Could have done better for the goal, but it's hardly a big mistake. He obviously needs more playtime to find his old form. With Bailly off to international duties, I reckon he'll get plenty of chances this winter.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was terribly terribly overrated last season because our defensive game made him look way better than he already is

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Finally everyone is seeing how crap he is! We won our last 12 games with Rojo and Jones at the back and we put this donkey back in and all of a sudden we're losing again.

That can't be a coincidence. The sooner we cash in on him, the better. Not fit to wear the armband, not fit to wear the jersey.
Not everyone apparently. He is still vice captain after all. I hope Jose sees sense. We're just not the same with him in the side.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Just feck off.

Sleepwalking throughout the season. Crumbles when being called upon. Lapses in concentration almost every game he plays. Even after a loss, he always says the right things but continues his same weak mentality game.

Just get rid, he's been found out.

ash_86

I used to rate him, but he's 4th preferred for me now. It's up to him to step up and prove his worth. We may need his service when Bailly goes to the AFCON.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dear me the overreaction....

Made a mistake (and he wasn´t the only one looking bad in that situation) for their goal, when he expected a cross towards our goal but apart from that he did well without much fuss.

Have you watched EVERY game over the past 12 months? I have. Today is Chris Smalling. He was overrated playing in LVGs system and he's ALWAYS good for a mess up.

I guess you'll overlook the two own goals and the FA cup dumb move.

Smalling is the 4th best centerback on this squad. Hell, as a pairing Bailly with Smalling is horrible. Compared to Jones and Rojo in their first pairing together who looked very comfortable and composed.

Guess you're going to say that Jose didn't pull Smalling because of the goal? Let's see how many more starts he gets this season when Bailly is available.

(Left back is still my bigger concern though) We have U23 players that can play CB too

Man-United

This game is why I want a new defender asap. Lindelof or whoever. Smalling is not good enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fact is none of our defenders are world class now . You can talk all about potential but that's an area we can certainly improve.

PepsiCola

Had a fantastic 2015. Very poor otherwise. The talk of another CB makes sense, smalling isn't good enough.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Was lost between two players, had a decision to make between going for the first ball and staying with his man(Negredo) or covering for someone and close the space behind where Leadbitter was going, in the end he didnt make that decision and was left chasing two tails which is always the worst possible outcome. Who ever left Leadbitter have a free run is taking the bigger guilt in my book but Smalling also shares the guilt as from the three options he decided for the worst one.
Other then that he had a good game, shame about the goal incident because its obvious he is out of confidence so a nice clean sheet would do him good.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Jesus Christ he's a walking liability nowadays. Has no brains, no ability to play with the ball. The only thing going for him is strength.

Thank god Rojo has transformed and Jones is back from the hospital otherwise we would be in deep shit with him.

m1y2

jesus christ some people here, he was good all game, some quality challenges, the goals was obv. partly his mistake but that can happen he didnt play for a long time and that particular situation is quite easy to misjudge... yeah just sell our best defender of last season, he only came back from injury..

Bwuk

Smalling is dross and I've been saying it for ages.

If he played for someone like West Brom, Southampton etc no-one on here would want us to sign him.

PepsiCola

jesus christ some people here, he was good all game, some quality challenges, the goals was obv. partly his mistake but that can happen he didnt play for a long time and that particular situation is quite easy to misjudge... yeah just sell our best defender of last season, he only came back from injury..
No one's talking about selling Blind.

Smalling looked solid last season when he had 2 holding midfielders, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger in front of him. When we stopped playing that system he was exposed.

NoLookPasser

I don't want him starting another match in the PL this season. I thought the game against Chelsea was just a blip but he has learned nothing from that match. He is afraid of the ball for some reason and never wants to take responsibility.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's been pretty shit this season. I don't think Jose likes him very much too and I won't be surprised if he's sold.
More like this year. He was as bad as now in the second half of last season but the Caf decided that he is the best CB in the league.

Bwuk

I don't want him starting another match in the PL this season. I thought the game against Chelsea was just a blip but he has learned nothing from that match. He is afraid of the ball for some reason and never wants to take responsibility.
He always has been terrible on the ball. His best season was last year and he had two holding midfielders ahead of him and Blind at his side which made it easier.

He is the worst centre half on the ball in the league.

Red_toad

At fault for the goal. But wasn't actually that bad for his first game back after a lengthy lay off. Glad to see there's some who are seeking a scapegoat after a win. Fellaini and Smalling seem to be the targeted players. After a win and a wonderfully entertaining game, really.....

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We play quicker out the back when Rojo is on the ball. Smalling slows it up too much.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's been captain almost every time he has played under Jose. I'd say Jose does quite like him.
I think it is more him having been the third captain during LVG's year (when Fletcher left) and Jose didn't change that. I don't think that Jose likes him that much as shows by him not starting when other players are available. But no point on replacing your third captain, unless it means that he'll start most of the time, which Smalling doesn't.

If Rooney or Carrick leave in the summer, I think that there is every chance that Mourinho will make some other player captain.

PepsiCola

At fault for the goal. But wasn't actually that bad for his first game back after a lengthy lay off. Glad to see there's some who are seeking a scapegoat after a win. Fellaini and Smalling seem to be the targeted players. After a win and a wonderfully entertaining game, really.....
No one is scapegoating. He has had a poor 2016 and was skinned early on by Traore and at fault for the goal. It's deserved criticism.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hodor is big and tough but not very bright

Red_toad

No one is scapegoating. He has had a poor 2016 and was skinned early on by Traore and at fault for the goal. It's deserved criticism.
Are you confusing Blind with Smalling? Or is Blind getting a pass on his performance?

My point is people are moaning and bitching about the usual suspects after a fantastic performance by the team. It's fecking tedious. Enjoy the win people, pretty obvious who was at fault for the goal. As for Smallings 2016 he's not been that good, but far from terrible and certainly not our worst defender, as some are making out.

Ekeke

Smalling reads it wrong, but I would like to see where Ander is. When a midfield runner is getting into the box like that our deepest CM should be with him

Loublaze

ATLien
The haters are having a field day here. If Bailly was the defender closest to the scorer he'd be absolved of all blame. We've conceded some similar goals during Jones and Rojo's run in the first team. It was a well taken goal. But no, its all Smalling's fault

PepsiCola

Are you confusing Blind with Smalling? Or is Blind getting a pass on his performance?

My point is people are moaning and bitching about the usual suspects after a fantastic performance by the team. It's fecking tedious. Enjoy the win people, pretty obvious who was at fault for the goal. As for Smallings 2016 he's not been that good, but far from terrible and certainly not our worst defender, as some are making out.
They were both skinned by Traore early on, not just blind - I've posted I thought blind was poor in his respective thread.

Don't dismiss it as moaning and bitching. This is a platform for discussing. This particular thread is about Smalling's performances this season, which have not been great. He was suspect for the goal today and deserves to be criticized for it - was in no man's land.

There are plenty of threads where everyone is buzzing after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.