City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Nonsense, if someone accused you of having dodgy photos on your phone and it went public and everyone thought you're a dodgy person and treated you as such, if an investigation opened up and you knew 100% you were innocent, you'd hand you phone over to authorities immediately to prove your innocence. You wouldn't go telling them nah mate get a warrant, because that lends credence to the accusation and drags the situation out much longer
This is terrifying advice.

If you are under investigation, for the love of all that is holy, do not hand your phone over to the authorities immediately to "prove your innocence". Get a lawyer, shut the feck up and follow their advice.

Asking the authorities to get a warrant does not lend credence to the accusation, it protects your rights.

VARsenal

Supports
Arsenal

If you are under investigation, for the love of all that is holy, do not hand your phone over to the authorities immediately to "prove your innocence". Get a lawyer, shut the feck up and follow their advice.

Asking the authorities to get a warrant does not lend credence to the accusation, it protects your rights.
Perfect advice for people with skeletons to hide. My point was merely on the cooperation aspect, whether it be directly or through a lawyer, there's no way an innocent person makes an investigation as hard as possible for authorities, there wouldn't be anything to lose by cooperating if you're innocent, especially when you're being tainted public and are treated badly because of a false accusation.

always_hoping

Liverpool and Arsenal are 2000/1 to be relegated next season.

Manchester City who are aiming for 5 titles in a row are 25/1.

pricing in the 115 charges and possible punishment of relegation.

Fitchett

So, UK General Election called for 4 July. Labour are currently well ahead in the opinion polls. A change of government could see a change in attitude from the new government with regard to pursuing the 115 charges against city. Keir Starmer is an Arsenal fan, so could that factor override not wanting to upset the UAE government?

Traub

So, UK General Election called for 4 July. Labour are currently well ahead in the opinion polls. A change of government could see a change in attitude from the new government with regard to pursuing the 115 charges against city. Keir Starmer is an Arsenal fan, so could that factor override not wanting to upset the UAE government?
:lol: putting international relations behind who you support in a game. I think some people need to take a step back - way too invested in this.

Ludens the Red

Nonsense, if someone accused you of having dodgy photos on your phone and it went public and everyone thought you're a dodgy person and treated you as such, if an investigation opened up and you knew 100% you were innocent, you'd hand you phone over to authorities immediately to prove your innocence. You wouldn't go telling them nah mate get a warrant, because that lends credence to the accusation and drags the situation out much longer, which is what City are doing.
All PL clubs have a contract with the PL regarding reporting their financials and cooperating in any investigations if said financials were not adding up, City are not doing that, they're the ONLY ones not doing that, I wonder why.

Nah it isn’t. It’s great advice if you wanna get something done and dusted and get your property back. If you are innocent in the case he explained. If you hand over your phone with PIN code the investigation is over far quicker and you get your phone back. There’s plenty legislation to use to seize your phone and there’s even a separate offence for refusing to provide PIN codes to enter said phone. Solicitors would actually advise cooperating so long as course if said suspect was innocent.

MegadrivePerson

All politicians pretend to be football fans because it makes them seem more relatable. I doubt most of them really care about football.

Remember when David Cameron couldn't remember which team he pretended to support? He said he supported West Ham when he'd previously said Aston Villa. Then tried to claim he must have got them mixed up because they wear the same colours!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
All politicians pretend to be football fans because it makes them seem more relatable. I doubt most of them really care about football.

Remember when David Cameron couldn't remember which team he pretended to support? He said he supported West Ham when he'd previously said Aston Villa. Then tried to claim he must have got them mixed up because they wear the same colours!
Neh Kier Starmer for all his faults is genuinely a massive football fan.

LInkash

It seems like football is something that is important to Starmer or at least on his radar though, given his meeting with Sir Jim.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Beyond City, there is a larger question of who we let buy our businesses. Especially, some of our iconic ones around the country like long standing football clubs.

No Abramovich, No Usmanov, No Dubai, No Saudi state. At least do some basic diligence and apply common sense. No obvious crooks, no states.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Nah it isn’t. It’s great advice if you wanna get something done and dusted and get your property back. If you are innocent in the case he explained. If you hand over your phone with PIN code the investigation is over far quicker and you get your phone back. There’s plenty legislation to use to seize your phone and there’s even a separate offence for refusing to provide PIN codes to enter said phone. Solicitors would actually advise cooperating so long as course if said suspect was innocent.
I thought for a second that, maybe things are different in the UK... turns out they are not.

And your last statement is basically you agreeing with me. If your solicitor advises you to cooperate, you can do so knowing that it is in your best interest. As a layman, you don't know what you're up against.

Yakuza_devils

Beyond City, there is a larger question of who we let buy our businesses. Especially, some of our iconic ones around the country like long standing football clubs.

No Abramovich, No Usmanov, No Dubai, No Saudi state. At least do some basic diligence and apply common sense. No obvious crooks, no states.
No fecking Glazers too! Those are real thieves! At least the others invested their money (clean or not is different discussion altogether). The Glazers just rob and rob. And leave us slow bleed to death.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I thought for a second that, maybe things are different in the UK... turns out they are not.

And your last statement is basically you agreeing with me. If your solicitor advises you to cooperate, you can do so knowing that it is in your best interest. As a layman, you don't know what you're up against.
I don't really trust anyone with my data other than myself. I am probably the exception as I see most of my friends freely give out all kinds of information on FB etc..So I would be naturally more careful to just hand over the PIN to my phone, lawyer present or not. I definitely would want to be there and Id want a very narrow appropriate scope to the search.

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking your attorney to be there at the time. If there was a life or death situation like in the movies I could be convinced but otherwise there is no harm taking the safe route.

Ludens the Red

When you put it like that yeah. Though yeah if you’re innocent and know it, it’s not a bad decision to still not seek legal advice in this specific circumstance.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What I’d like to know is why Everton and forest keep getting punished but not a single word about city

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
What I’d like to know is why Everton and forest keep getting punished but not a single word about city
As has been said multiple times, they admitted guilt, City haven't

Last edited:

baskinginthesun

It might be a case of they've been charged further, I think and it seems the punishment may come up quicker than the 115. Which is still ridiculous.

VARsenal

Supports
Arsenal

Ah yes, so you agree that if cooperating is not in your best interest, ie. there's illegal/dodgy things you might not want them to find out about (whether related to the accusation or not), then don't cooperate.... As City have done.

TheReligion

Abusive
The more you think about it, the more bizarre and embarrassing for English football this is.

115 charges and still allowed to function and continue in the meantime as if nothing has happened.

A criminal in such circumstances would have bail conditions and some kind of restrictions whilst this went to court. It really is a disgrace.

Adz_99

Can't wait until these cnuts are relegated/liquidated and we never have to hear their club legend Noel Gallagher giving us his expert football opinion again.

The funny thing about City is if they completely vanished from the sport nobody would really miss them. If Liverpool went it'd be funny but you would sort of miss the rivalry. Not this lot however. The most plastic of the plastic clubs.

Adz_99

The more you think about it, the more bizarre and embarrassing for English football this is.

115 charges and still allowed to function and continue in the meantime as if nothing has happened.

A criminal in such circumstances would have bail conditions and some kind of restrictions whilst this went to court. It really is a disgrace.
I still have hope they'll get their comeuppance eventually.

You simply can't be charged with 115 financial breaches and get off with a 10 point deduction and a fine. Relegation should be the bare minimum.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s so hard rooting for City in this match. I’m almost rooting for united for the first time in my life.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Give in to the dark side...
They win an ETH keeps his job citing progress what could be going forward. But I just want City to get punched in the nose in a final. Knocked out of the Cl when favored and knocked out of the FA Cup by inferior city neighbors would have to hurt.

tomaldinho1

Inhalers being readied their dressing room. Envelopes being stuffed with cash for the refs. Oil tankers with bows on being sent from the gulf. Can we resist the cheats 2nd half.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And here's ESPN's Luis Miguel Echegaray this morning praising City with only a briefest mention of the charges. It's comical how the media just fall in line.
I don’t usually like Craig Burley at Espn as he mostly behaves like a Liverpool and City loving twat. But he tore into City a week or two back which was wonderful to see - more pundits need to grow a pair and call City’s bullshit out.

thisisnottaken1

They win an ETH keeps his job citing progress what could be going forward. But I just want City to get punched in the nose in a final. Knocked out of the Cl when favored and knocked out of the FA Cup by inferior city neighbors would have to hurt.
He probably won’t keep his job. It’ll be a lot like Van Gaal.

K Stand Knut

Wasn’t sure where to put this and didn’t think it needed it’s own thread but overnight, went from 2000/1 down to 10/1 to get relegated. They are currently 25/1 to get relegated

Something is stirring