Class of 92: Out of their league

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
But you're complaint about the over saturation of them. So why read about the show or watch it?

Because you're obsessed with Keane. And I know for a fact had the show been about Keane you'd have been sat in front of your TV with your Roy Keane shirt on shaking a rattle and applauding every word that fell out of his mouth.
You don't even know me ffs :lol: We've never met me in real life. The only thing I ever done was defend Keane against some of the crap you spewed, along with other posters, and all of a sudden you know me?

"I know for a fact" :wenger: Do you even know my name?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah I know what you mean but, I suppose it's more the fact Salford City never ever entered by head in relation to anything that was football before the lads took it over.

Also, it's more a local thing for the place and the people in the surrounding areas.
I think it's a really interesting story tbh and this show gives you a better idea of how football works in the lower leagues. It's one of those shows that if you've got a deep love of football you enjoy because I think all of us at one time or another has thought "I could manage em better!".

acnumber9

You don't even know me ffs :lol: We've never met me in real life. The only thing I ever done was defend Keane against some of the crap you spewed, along with other posters, and all of a sudden you know me?

"I know for a fact" :wenger: Do you even know my name?
The only time you mention Keane is in his defence? That's utter bollocks an could easily be disproven with a few minutes searching your posts. How did you feel about Roy Keane's documentary and why did you watch this one when you're at pains to tell us you don't care?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Why did it keep saying their striker dropped down 5 levels to play for them, surely that can't be true?
By the looks of it it was three divisions, was with Chester who were in the Conference at the time. Still a fair drop. They got Danny Webber from League 2 though and given he's only early 30s, you'd think he'd be ripping it up for them so I'm not sure what happened there.

.Rossi

I think it's a really interesting story tbh and this show gives you a better idea of how football works in the lower leagues. It's one of those shows that if you've got a deep love of football you enjoy because I think all of us at one time or another has thought "I could manage em better!".
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from.

The only time you mention Keane is in his defence? That's utter bollocks an could easily be disproven with a few minutes searching your posts. How did you feel about Roy Keane's documentary and why did you watch this one when you're at pains to tell us you don't care?
Right seriously, what the feck is with you and your obsession with me and Roy Keane? It's so weird and creepy. I think Roy Keane was a world class player for the club I support and I've defended him against people, who now, just label him as nothing but bitter. AKA, you!

I'd say you're a right laugh at home....

"How was your day at the office dear?"
"................................"
"It's that Rossi guy off the internet again, isn't it?!"
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE LIKES ROY KEANE!!!! ARGHGHGHGHG"
Hulk smashing your way through the neighbourhood

As for why I watched it....Not that it's any of your business what I do when I'm at home, or anywhere else for that matter, I watched it because it was United related and there was nowt else on the TV.

acnumber9

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from.

Right seriously, what the feck is with you and your obsession with me and Roy Keane? It's so weird and creepy. I think Roy Keane was a world class player for the club I support and I've defended him against people, who now, just label him as nothing but bitter. AKA, you!

I'd say you're a right laugh at home....

"How was your day at the office dear?"
"................................"
"It's that Rossi guy off the internet again, isn't it?!"
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE LIKES ROY KEANE!!!! ARGHGHGHGHG"
Hulk smashing your way through the neighbourhood

As for why I watched it....Not that it's any of your business what I do when I'm at home, or anywhere else for that matter, I watched it because it was United related and there was nowt else on the TV.
For a guy who copies posts on an Internet forum it's a joke to call this weird and creepy. Also since you get all sensitive and started crying when people said you were weird maybe you should be less of a hypocrite and not call other people that eh?

So you obviously cared about it enough. That's why it's on TV. Because there are people who would watch it.

.Rossi

For a guy who copies posts on an Internet forum it's a joke to call this weird and creepy. Also since you get all sensitive and started crying when people said you were weird maybe you should be less of a hypocrite and not call other people that eh?
Yep, me copying a few posts from another forum ages ago is worse than some randomer following a guy around a forum, claiming for a fact he knows what he does and having a weird obsession with him because he likes Roy Keane :D

acnumber9

Yep, me copying a few posts from another forum ages ago is worse than some randomer following a guy around a forum, claiming for a fact he knows what he does and having a weird obsession with him because he likes Roy Keane :D
I've probably quoted you less than 20 times in all the time I've been here. If that constitutes following you around then so be it. You love Keane or at least somebody you know does and it's obvious every time you post about him. By the way you may want to look back at this and remember where that line was drawn. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pla...race-to-humanity.406059/page-21#post-17714654

.Rossi

I've probably quoted you less than 20 times in all the time I've been here. If that constitutes following you around then so be it. You love Keane or at least somebody you know does and it's obvious every time you post about him. By the way you may want to look back at this and remember where that line was drawn. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pla...race-to-humanity.406059/page-21#post-17714654
:lol: My God you really do hate me don't you? :D

I also just said I love Roy Keane....I've never denied that :D

acnumber9

By the looks of it it was three divisions, was with Chester who were in the Conference at the time. Still a fair drop. They got Danny Webber from League 2 though and given he's only early 30s, you'd think he'd be ripping it up for them so I'm not sure what happened there.
I actually wondered about that myself and checked him out on the internet to see what happened to him. His scoring record everywhere he played was shocking.

acnumber9

:lol: My God you really do hate me don't you? :D
You don't want to apologise or admit your hypocrisy then? It's too much to call you weird for copying what people say across multiple forums but I point out your love for Keane and it's okay to call me weird and creepy?

.Rossi

You don't want to apologise or admit your hypocrisy then? It's too much to call you weird for copying what people say across multiple forums but I point out your love for Keane and it's okay to call me weird and creepy?
You claimed you know me :wenger: You then posted a thread where people gave me a load of abuse :D I mean, I'm lost to what is happening here.

I'm in here discussing the Co92 and in you come, bringing up Roy Keane and throwing shit in my direction, out of nowhere :D I mean, I knew you hated me but Jesus Christ :lol: No one said anything about Keane until you came along

acnumber9

You claimed you know me :wenger: You then posted a thread where people gave me a load of abuse :D I mean, I'm lost to what is happening here.

I'm in here discussing the Co92 and in you come, bringing up Roy Keane and throwing shit in my direction, out of nowhere :D I mean, I knew you hated me but Jesus Christ :lol: No one said anything about Keane until you came along
It was a joke. Ask one of your alter egos if they can explain it to you. I posted a link to a thread in which you claimed a line should be drawn at calling somebody weird or creepy. You're a hypocrite and deserve more mocking than you actually got. Now run this through your super computer and see what it tells you to post in reply.

.Rossi

It was a joke. Ask one of your alter egos if they can explain it to you. I posted a link to a thread in which you claimed a line should be drawn at calling somebody weird or creepy. You're a hypocrite and deserve more mocking than you actually got. Now run this through your super computer and see what it tells you to post in reply.
And why are you still insulting me exactly? You actually sound like Roy Keane :D

acnumber9

And why are you still insulting me exactly? You actually sound like Roy Keane :D
Am I? I haven't called you weird or creepy. I know you hate that and it's bullying according to you. Anyway this isn't what the thread is about so if you want to respond then you can PM me.

.Rossi

Am I? I haven't called you weird or creepy. I know you hate that and it's bullying according to you. Anyway this isn't what the thread is about so if you want to respond then you can PM me.
OK. I'll PM you. And I'd suggest we both delete the posts here.

Doesn't reflect well on either of us and derails the thread

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Perhaps that's because many things associated with United are "cringey and embarrassing."
Such as?

Actually reading your post and some other posts, its clear to me which aspect of United is embarrassing and cringey.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
I'm surprised Gary didn't give the manager more time before sacking him.. :)
Also hypothetically in 15 years time, Salford are promoted to the premier league and giggs is our manager. Wouldnt that be a conflict of interest?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Also hypothetically in 15 years time, Salford are promoted to the premier league and giggs is our manager. Wouldnt that be a conflict of interest?

I've been wondering about that too.

acnumber9

It could be but in that very unlikely event he would have to get rid of one of those conflicts.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
:lol::lol::lol:
Poor old Phil. He can't help not having much brain power - but he's pretty harmless..
A bit like you with little brain power if you cannot understand that this is a very small and easy mistake to make! It's hard enough to learn a language, let alone the slight interpretative differences and slang!

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
All the bitching of the class of 92 is pathetic. It sounds better than fergies fledglings and ultimately it was the start of a new era for Manchester United and the start of the success at least from a league point of view.

Yes Phil Neville broke through a little later and Gifts a little earlier, but they all went through the youth ranks broadly at the same time and all contributed to the new era, which also goes in nicely with the rebranded Premiership.

This conversation should steer back to the documentary last night which was really interesting and a real insight to the emotions and feelings of the fans and these players as owners.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I don't think people are too annoyed with Liverpool (rightly, imo) celebrating their history. It's when they do it in an attempt to justify their relevance. Something which has ironically just secured them one of the best managers out there.

The only possible down side i've seen from this whole Class of 92 circle jerk is learning how meh some of them are as blokes. Everything else, as O2DS said, is only good.
Personally I thought they came across as fairly humble decent down to earth guys. They are not your party type, which is a big factor why they were so professional and successful.

Adcuth

I hate Liverpool football club, with an absolute passion. I wouldn't be arsed giving anyone at that club the time of day. Yet, they won 5 European cups in the past, have a glorious history on the pitch and their success at European level sets them aside from other English clubs.

Yet, some United fans will blow their nose with that and laugh at them for "living in the past" and "celebrating past glories" Well, what's the difference between that and celebrating a set of youth players from 23 years ago? The hypocrisy irritates me

Also, some of the crap that has been spouted since that film came out a while ago.
"Oh Phil always played behind Giggsy" - Eh no he didn't! That would be a man called Denis Irwin
"Oh Roy being suspended from the CL final was God's way of showing how good Nicky Butt was" - :lol: That was probably God's way of showing us he's not a red.

Also, you would swear they were the only reason for United's success the way people go on about them. Never mind the fact that players like Eric, Schmeichal, Keane, Ronaldo, RVN, to name a few, were actually there too.

I lived through all those players coming through. I saw them come into the first team and retire. I lived every second of it and loved it. But, as I stated above, it gets on my tits at times.

Also, I couldn't care less who builds a hotel in Manchester or who buys a football club....Why the hell would I hate anyone for that?!
So should we stop celebrating the Busby Babes as well. They are only a team from the past after all.

Oggmonster

I think you overestimate that 'lot of people'.

Aside from a small section of United supporters - no one cares. I mean the group as an entity, not the players individually.

Although Phil can get to feck.
Dunno how you've come to that conclusion. BBC wouldn't put something on their main channel at one of their prime times if only "a small section of United supporters" cared. For what it's worth I've spoke to a few City fans about it all who watched it and all who found it interesting.

I don't get the hate for the Class of 92 stuff. It's funny to listen to and it does seem to of stemmed from when Keane slagged them off. I don't get why people would dislike them really. So what if they've made the whole thing a bit of a brand, what's the problem with that? Few people trying to make a bit of money off their success is suddenly a bad thing. It's not different to the Beckham Brand or the Ronaldo brand etc. If anything the Class of 92 one is the one United fans should be most proud of as it is something our club created. Instead people seem to have this thing where they find it "cringey" that they've had some kind of success after football, I don't get it really.

They do use that success for publicity of sorts, with this documentary, Neville and Giggs buying that hotel but again what's the problem with that? It's free publicity. If anything it's better as they're probably being paid to appear on the shows or giving interviews etc. Fair play to them really.

It's funny how people strongly dislike the idea of them yet still either watched the show or moaned about it without watching it.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Think they're probably using a bit of poetic license and referring to his early days at Bury when they were in the Championship, also suspect the Bury (Neville) connection like Webber's United connection is how they tempted these players to join Salford for a last fling. Was an interesting glimpse into grass root level football and all the lads came out of it looking good and with better senses of humour than I'd suspected most of them had.

Adcuth

What the hell!!! how have i only just seen that thread. I was one of the ones who got copied hahaha

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Really enjoyed it, thought they all come across well.

The fact that some people get wound up by some of our biggest legends says a lot. I don't know why some people bother watching United.

djembatheking

This

You miserable b*stards. Too much irrelevant nonsense and going off on a tangent in this thread.
A group of Man Utd legends are on prime time BBC1 for 2 hours on a show about football - just enjoy it!
The whole forum is full of negative thinking mate . I really enjoyed that last night , 5 lads that grew up together playing for their favorite club , winning the lot and staying big mates through it all , earning millions but staying down to earth . They all love the game and it must be fantastic getting involved with Salford City together . They are a credit to Manchester United , the likes of which we won`t see again .