Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorke to Cole

Total click bate, however the last quarters finances of the 22/23 season are supposed to be released on Monday I believe, so we might start hearing something concrete concerning the takeover next week.

There must be some dialogue going on with SJ/92 and The Raine Group with the Qatari group saying we wanted to buy a champions league club and this current team will not even be playing in Europe, so we need a decision quickly or we move on to other options, and that would leave INEOS to pick up the slack.

If they really are in very advanced talks and doing due diligence, they will want the opportunity to attack the winter transfer window to at least try and get European Football next summer whether it’s Conference or Europa League.

We sold £48m worth of players with £40m being homegrown players which would have increased our transfer budget potentially to £200m giving us about £325m to £350m overall. We spent £185m so without further sales the club if it had the money could potentially spend £165m in January before other exits.

If we sell Jadon Sancho, Harry Maguire and Scott Mctominay for £100m which won’t be easy let’s say £80m, selling Scott for £25m will give us another £125m as he counts as HG added to the budget providing the club has paid off its existing £800m debt.

INEOS will be spending no more than £100m in January I can assure of that however if SJ actually did win the bid, they could potentially providing they invest money to clear the debt, have a £250-280m transfer budget in a January window.

They would be allowed under FFP providing they sold those three players.

I can assure you of one thing the Qatari consortium led by SJ would have done their due diligence not only on the clubs finances but also the playing squad and the Directors/Team manager running the club and will have their own list of targets. ETH will be told to manage the players they buy and if he can’t produce a wining side he’ll be dismissed and they will go recruit either Xavi, Zidane or De Zerbie, they simply won’t care.

The poorer the performances become on the pitch, the more likely the Qatari consortium planning an assault on the transfer market to hit he ground running.

They won’t go for maybe players, they will have a list of sure things in all positions sone experienced, some younger.

GK - Jan Oblak
RB - J Frimpong
LB - T Hernandez
CB - A Silva
CM/10 -N Barella, L Lucas
RW - A Griezmann, L Sane, F Chiesa
LW - R Laeo S Gnabry
Striker - V Osimhen or I Toney + M Leornado

They may even sell Rashford to PSG for £100m and let Martial go to Barcelona I’m. Not saying they will get all of that list but they will try and make 3 or 4 marquee signings in the key areas that the team has genuine fragility.
Those three managers are not a sure thing in my opinion. I would want them to give Ten Hag longer to clear out more players and establish so e of the current youth players.

I would like a new owner to reinvigorate the workforce in all departments of the club because it is clearly on a downward spiral. The options for right wing are terrible, the latter is decent but very injury prone. Your striker suggestions are good, but I would like them to explore the possibility of bringing Greenwood back if the right steps are taken.

The Milan keeper would be good instead of Oblak.

I don't know what the he'll is going to happen.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They could but the real money is in Developing on the land with shops, hotel’s restaurants, a world class indoor arena the club loses a considerable amount of value if they sell the land and would not get the £500-600m they would need.

Todays poor result, another in a failed regime actually has a silver lining. If united finish outside of the PL positions for European football next season this will have a huge ramification on finances dropping revenue by £100-150m plus they will lose ranking points they will need to be considered for the lucrative World club cup in 2025 with Chelsea and City already guaranteed qualification. Add that to the FSP rule of 70% in 2025/26 and the club genuinely could be looking at bankruptcy under The Glazers or at best strict FFP sanctions if they don’t sell ?

You heard it here first but my guess is they were planning to say one more season and see what that could squeeze out of the bidders but if ETH has say, lost 7 or 8 games out of the first 13 to 14, he’ll be sacked without hesitation. They will want to give a new manager 24 games to try and make Europa League, it’s that serious !
So ETH has to take one for the club even though he may get sacked.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Nothing changes until the top changes. Simple as that!
Even if the top changes ala Todd Boehley and his cronies, it didn't change for the better.

Changing owners isn't any guarantee. But it will at least give us a chance from slowly being squeezed into financial oblivion.

Woziak

Those three managers are not a sure thing in my opinion. I would want them to give Ten Hag longer to clear out more players and establish so e of the current youth players.

I would like a new owner to reinvigorate the workforce in all departments of the club because it is clearly on a downward spiral. The options for right wing are terrible, the latter is decent but very injury prone. Your striker suggestions are good, but I would like them to explore the possibility of bringing Greenwood back if the right steps are taken.

The Milan keeper would be good instead of Oblak.

I don't know what the he'll is going to happen.
ETH needs to find a team that will play for him and play attractive football fast, he’s paid to fix things on the pitch. He bought
A Onana, Antony, Mount, Mallacia and Hojlund and they need to start working fast , his loan signings Weghorst, Sabitzer, Reguilon now injured don’t look great either, Amrabat looks fine but not at left back!

Do you honestly believe if SJ/Qatar take over they will allow John Murtourgh to continue, ETH days of buying players will be long gone and personally that’s a good thing.

I want him to stay too but he’s incredibly stubborn and set in his ways, we could have bought for the same money
E Martinez(30), Theo Hernandez(55) ,
J Frimpong (30) ,J Maddison(40),
A Rabiot(Free), M Thurham(Free)
M Ascensio(Free), M Diaby (65m) B sesko (40m) for the same investment of those other players only Casemiro and
L Martinez have been successful.

That’s on the club, Arnold, Murtough and ETH, the recruitment is just awful!

colombianmancunian

I want him to stay too but he’s incredibly stubborn and set in his ways, we could have bought for the same money
M Ascensio(Free), M Diaby (65m) B sesko (40m) for the same investment of those other players only Casemiro and

Are you serious? Dibu is shit. Last season he received 11 goals in 3 matches.

greenoffpearson

Raine Group's performance.

I would not be surprised if the Raine Group approached the Glazers with the sale idea.

They would have known that the Glazers search for cash 2021/ early 2022 ended with no cash.

They must said to the Glazers, we have a hotline to about 40 billionaire groups who were fighting for a piece of Chelsea, some of those animals would make your family look like good guys - there was even a British guy, Sir James, who bid 2 weeks after the deadline.

Three months later, 3 bids, including a perceptive Finnish guy who took the chance to take the piss out of the bidding process and a British billionaire without the money to buy the club.

Then actual rights of the Class A shareholders that had been forgotten about in the mighty Manchester United strategic review.

People excusing the poor process, saying it takes this long to sell such a collosal asset, when the idiot sellers have not even decided who to sell to and had been threatened by legal action if they failed to carry out their fiduciary duties.

Look at the picture of Avram, with the pram, what would he actually do with the extra money, buy the dog robotic legs?

In the meantime, the manager can't set up a team without the albatrosses hanging around because the Glazers don't want to take the financial hit to get rid of them.

cpresc

ETH needs to find a team that will play for him and play attractive football fast, he’s paid to fix things on the pitch. He bought
A Onana, Antony, Mount, Mallacia and Hojlund and they need to start working fast , his loan signings Weghorst, Sabitzer, Reguilon now injured don’t look great either, Amrabat looks fine but not at left back!

Do you honestly believe if SJ/Qatar take over they will allow John Murtourgh to continue, ETH days of buying players will be long gone and personally that’s a good thing.

well you’d also need to budget for the time machine required to step into the future to identify only the transfers that worked out before hopping back and doing your shopping

Strangest Tribe

Praying the fat custard man is right on this one, until we get a complete reset at the club it’s only going in one direction sadly..

putzmcgee123

United Stand deleted their tweet. :lol: These fan pages are too funny...aggregate "news" from other fan pages first, ask questions later.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Didn't he try for Rabiot and he decided to stay put.

Zora

I would not be surprised if the Raine Group approached the Glazers with the sale idea.

They would have known that the Glazers search for cash 2021/ early 2022 ended with no cash.

They must said to the Glazers, we have a hotline to about 40 billionaire groups who were fighting for a piece of Chelsea, some of those animals would make your family look like good guys - there was even a British guy, Sir James, who bid 2 weeks after the deadline.

Three months later, 3 bids, including a perceptive Finnish guy who took the chance to take the piss out of the bidding process and a British billionaire without the money to buy the club.

Then actual rights of the Class A shareholders that had been forgotten about in the mighty Manchester United strategic review.

People excusing the poor process, saying it takes this long to sell such a collosal asset, when the idiot sellers have not even decided who to sell to and had been threatened by legal action if they failed to carry out their fiduciary duties.

Look at the picture of Avram, with the pram, what would he actually do with the extra money, buy the dog robotic legs?

In the meantime, the manager can't set up a team without the albatrosses hanging around because the Glazers don't want to take the financial hit to get rid of them.
You’ve plucked all of this from your backside. But it’s very creative, I’ll give you that.

Woziak

well you’d also need to budget for the time machine required to step into the future to identify only the transfers that worked out before hopping back and doing your shopping
Ma United don’t need a Time Machine, the club’s been getting it wrong for a decade now ;

A Di Maria, A Sanchez, B Schweinsteiger, M Schnederlain, A Sanchez, R Lukaku, P Pogba, E Bailey, R Falcao, H Mkhitaryan, J Sancho. The list is endless and only Ed Woodward has resigned from his position of CEO for being a compete buffoon added to United Inept Goblin owners who wanted to take us into a ESL, they’ve ruled over that period 10 long years by next summer and all remnants of once being the kings of England wiped out by bad decision after bad decision.

Not once appointing football people to run a football club but instead merchant bankers. No Time Machine could ever fix that mess because the day they appointed ED Woodward was the start of the United downfall!

Only with new owners, new leadership, people who demand excellence in every department of the club, A ruthless CEO who can spot things early and then make the right decisions by appointing best in class, only then will united climb out of the flames .

Hoof the ball

FFS :lol:

Imagine being owned by this clown.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he’s started going senile and that dog has been being consulted on the running of Utd.

Also, for further insult - he’s not actually even a billionaire as the Sun states.
FFS, it reminds me of Emperor Caligula appointing his horse to the position of consul and sitting him in on senate discussions.

Someone

Something
Is this thread still going? It's been like a year now? It's not going to happen.
I think realistically, the day this is really over, the Qataris and SJR will both come out with statements that it's over. The fact that both are still invested in this means that there's more to it than we know.

Yorke to Cole

David Mellier, the Bloomberg journalist said that Raine are largely responsible for why this has been delayed. He felt that the Raine promised them a guaranteed £6 billion with multiple parties interested.

The reality is that the club has not been run as £6-10 billion business. As a poster put on this discussion a video of the roof pissing all over everyone, money wasted, various managers come and gone and subsequent squad changes. Bank people with little or no football knowledge.

As James Rhodes says the only reason the value has gone up is because the "football business environment grew" and the club has not become what it could have.

colombianmancunian

Any GK that wins the WC is not shit ?
He had a purple patch on WC, a tournament they won by grit and Messi’s individual talent. I exaggerated when I said he was shit, but he is a rather average and limited keeper. No big club was after him during the transfer window for a reason, even after he won the WC.

Aston Villa is his level. Average. The guy literally received 11 goals in 3 matches, something even questionable keepers such as Barthez for us, didn’t allow.

Last edited:

Woziak

He had a purple patch on WC, a tournament they won by grit and Messi’s individual talent. I exaggerated when I said he was shit, but he is a rather average and limited keeper. No big club was after him during the transfer window for a reason, even after he won the WC.

Aston Villa is his level. Average. The guy literally received 11 goals in 3 matches, something even questionable keepers such as Barthez for us, didn’t allow.
Aston Villa is his level, the sheer arrogance of some united fans! Right now they are a level above us and Unai Emery’s record with less available transfer budget is currently better than ETH in the PL in this calendar year.

They have an identity , recently bought a 6’3 international CB , actually have two very good left footed right wingers , a left footed CB that now looks another bargain of the century and have players from the bench that affect the team. I’d rather have players like Leon Bailey and Jacob Ramsey on the bench than the dross we currently have !

Last edited:

johnnyteutonic

Aston Villa is his level, the sheer arrogance of some united fans! Right now they are a level above us and Unai Emery’s record with less available transfer budget is currently better than ETH in the PL in this calendar year.

They have an identity , recently bought a 6’3 international CB , actually have two very good left footed right wingers , a left footed CB that now looks another bargain of the century and have players from the bench that affect the team. I’d rather have players like Leon Bailey and Jacob Ramsey on the bench than the dross we currently have !
I don't disagree.
Funnily enough, that bargain left-footed CB's agent was on his way to Manchester last season to close the deal before ETH pulled the plug on the deal...

cyberman

Behave for feck sake

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Saw something about Ineos trying again with a different bid, but probably just for clicks.
A different bid now? I thought it was a restructuring of their current bid or something like that. Either way unless they smack more money down on the table, i don't think any bid of theirs is going to work.

Still, we shall see i suppose

RedDevilQuebecois

Saw something about Ineos trying again with a different bid, but probably just for clicks.
If not, it reeks with similar desperation to the situation at Chelsea. Ratcliffe tried something at the very last minute, but the process was already decided between Roman Abramovich and Todd Boehly's group by then.

putzmcgee123

If not, it reeks with similar desperation to the situation at Chelsea. Ratcliffe tried something at the very last minute, but the process was already decided between Roman Abramovich and Todd Boehly's group by then.
A key difference here is that the Glazers are probably willing (and certainly able) to delay this and reconsider new offers to the final second if it means they walk away with even a penny more. I hope the negotiations are further along to a resolution than it seems to us.

putzmcgee123

October we're here.
Wake Me Up When September Ends (Glazer Family Cover)

On the bright side, we just have to endure the week before we get some respite in the form of another international break. That sure would be a great time for them to announce a sale. :boring:

Status
Not open for further replies.