Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

If I had to place a wager, I would bet on the Glazers staying and Elliot investing about a billion in return for (a) roughly 15% of overall ownership (b) lots of control in deciding how the club is managed (particularly with respect to player recruitment). There are too many rumors now about the Glazers not being willing to sell, and some of the recent decisions (e.g. hiring a lead data scientist to help with recruiting) do not strike me as decisions that owners on their way out would make. Not saying this will definitely be the outcome, but it's the one I'd bet on.
It's a much shittier deal for the Glazers than Jassim's bid though. They get less money, their grip on the club becomes looser and they probably cede control outright to Elliot within a couple of years.

Roboc7

Someone still hasn’t explained what a partial sale would be. Would the two dickheads sell their own shares or expect others to simply sell theirs to keep them all on? Why are the other 4 relying on the two asshats to agree to a sale, they can sell their shares at any time
They would all need to agree to a sale. I can only see a partial sale working where they each sell a very small percentage to raise £500m odd just to alleviate the pressure and allow them to sell in a few years time.

How and why anyone will offer them a lot more in the short term is fairly unlikely but they are motivated by greed not competence.

Funds from a partial investment have to go to the club so they will only sell off the minimum if they went through with it. Obviously any percentage they effectively give away has to be made up as well which will only push their unrealistic price even higher.

talking robot

It's a much shittier deal for the Glazers than Jassim's bid though. They get less money, their grip on the club becomes looser and they probably cede control outright to Elliot within a couple of years.
I don't disagree. It just seems like they aren't willing to let go.

Tiber

I don't believe anything related to this takeover unless its reported by Unclecuntypal

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In the case of Joel and Avi? Desperation maybe? Or they think they can outsmart Elliot?
People have really fallen for this Joel and Avram being emotionally invested in the club business hook line and sinker.

It’s a negotiation tactic. What sort of position would they have been in if all the Glazers were known to want rid?

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
It’s been 12 days since the second bids were submitted. I’m not sure that qualifies as a pause to negotiations on a £6bn deal. Just because we aren’t getting news reports every day doesn’t suggest the whole thing is on pause. Surely you weren’t expecting a one-click Amazon style checkout?
Actually, at this point, you won’t have many hours ticking on the advisors side. The process was lined up so that a buyer could be selected in late March.

Depending on who wins the auction, if the buyer will go for 100% or just the 69%, the merger process could easily go on for 8-10 weeks — after the Glazers have agreed to sell their shares. But that is another issue.

stevoc

Urgh, that’s a more sickening prospect than state ownership to be fair. Fecking dinosaurs. :houllier:
Indeed I prefer the current state of affairs where United winning or even anything positive about United triggers Wolfman Keys.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
It would be hilarious if the Glazers manage to feck up their fecking off. Won't happen tough, as it's probably the worst outcome for themselves.

They would have damaged United's brand, their own reputation and (as they surely shared a lot of private information with the bidders) they should be prepared for the leaks that make the stock price drop a little more. Letting Elliot in would in fact mean having two insurmountable debts instead of one.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wonder if Keys and Gray will suddenly love United and lavish praise on the team?
Someone just needs to invest in some effort and put together a compilation video of their ABU behaviour and they will be sent back to Blighty.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Well if Ratcliffe did the same we are screwed
Yeah but INEOS has said they are prepared to part invest, whereas Qatar want all or nothing.
I don’t doubt the Glazers are pissing everybody off but I think Jassim is more likely to walk and Jim will stick around and pick up whatever scraps are on offer.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Interesting to see that our govt actually lobbied the PL to accept the Saudi bid for Newcastle, I'm not sure which horse they would be backing in the race for Man United though

SJR is a Tory donor and massive Brexiteer but HBJ (Jassim's father) also likely to have high level governmental connections from his past investments into the UK

Spoony

The People's President
Aim to invest 30b. I'm sure Qatar will aim to 'invest' a similar amount and all. This will please the government, I'm sure.

MF1138

Seems Boris and his cronies already sold off football's soul to the highest bidder :lol:

pogbasformerbarber

Exactly. Minority stake has never made sense. The only thing that could potentially happen is the others sell and Joel/Avram or both stay on as a minority knowing the investment from SJ or SJR will increase the value.
Yep…spot on. Partial sale news is purely window dressing to try and create leverage.

Marcelinho87

Don't get what?, why I think it's small time?

Shall I expand its the same as those Newcastle lads who dress the same way as Sheikh's and who carry Saudi flags it's all very cheap and small time and a bit begging like, bootlicking behaviour imo
It's just some blokes having a bit of fun.

Not everything needs analysing so deep.

stevoc

Shall I expand its the same as those Newcastle lads who dress the same way as Sheikh's and who carry Saudi flags it's all very cheap and small time and a bit begging like, bootlicking behaviour imo
Ugh, I fecking hope United fans have more sense than to do that type of cringy shit if we are bought by Qatar. City fans do it too, fecking embarrassing themselves dressing like knobs with tea towels wrapped round their heads.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

So judgement

Mr. Robot

No no; I literally was asking what was going on in the photo, hence “I don’t get it”.

Status
Not open for further replies.