Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
yea, ideal. It would put us in the same spot we are now, just in a year or two, with the parasites having blown their chance to exploi us on exit. ‘Ideal’ also includes no lasting damage to the club (hence “steady the ship”), basically what they did at AC Milan, and then an exit strategy. If thisminority sale happened, i would expect SJR to be interested again in a couple years. Not sure if you just deliberately applied your narrative to a set of words that didn’t have that narrative inherent in them, or you just can’t read.

it would basically put us 2 years back, and end up in the same spot, just with the glazers not getting their£6b
:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: I would hate to hear about how you deal with relationship break-ups!!

Vengeful I suspect.

Have you ever quoted this to someone before acting out?

''And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Alonzo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me see; I think I shall murder someone because I enjoy having sex with cuffs on.

That sounds like a good solution.
That is a really poor analogy. I get that you were trying to be funny, but you’ve just said two unrelated things.

I would like a minority sale to Elliot, and for a specific set of events to happen, which would get us back to the same point wer at now, just a season or two later, if it meant the Glazers made feck all. You like to have sex with cuffs on (which is fine), so you think you’ll murder someone. Can you please explain how the analogy applies here? Or was it more a proclamation of your own, that was intended to have nothing to do with what i said?

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: I would hate to hear about how you deal with relationship break-ups!!

Vengeful I suspect.
I know many United fans who are far less circumspect about their ‘ideal’ situation for the glazers than i am

Last edited:

sglowrider

That is a really poor analogy. I get that you were trying to be funny, but you’ve just said two unrelated things.

I would like a minority sale to Elliot, and for a specific set of events to happen, which would get us back to the same point wer at now, just a season or two later, if it meant the Glazers made feck all. You like to have sex with cuffs on (which is fine), so you think you’ll murder someone. Can you please explain how the analogy applies here?

I know many United fans who are far less circumspect about their ‘ideal’ situation for the glazers than i am
You are more focused on exacting pain on the Glazers rather than the general health of the club. Firstly it is weird when you have zero personal relationships with the Glazers and yet you want them to suffer. Vengeful of people you ahve never met? Sounds like a projection or redirection of some anger if you ask me.

More importantly, wanting the Elliots to take over means so much uncertainty including the possibility of asset stripping. How does that help us in the long run?

Focus on what's best for United as a club, and as a fan would be a healthier approach. I get the INEOS v Jassim debate.

But I just dont see the value of having Elliot taking over United through defaulting of loans or whatever -- and United being potentially asset stripped as helping United as a club in the mid to long run.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Good post. I suppose it's about time we start looking for the silver linings of an Elliot ownership, and if there are any. They seem to be well poised to win the process at this point. In fact, I believe the talks are well underway. I find solace in that they will also feck over the disgusting leeches in the fine print, and could probably oust them in due time. Elliot aren't the type to run a football club long term, which will see them sell down the line. I just wonder who will be left to buy it by that point?
Sincere apologies for ignoring this post. Its really fallen out of the cracks so to speak.

I believe that the Glazers are selling for two reasons

a- the infrastructure needs heavy investment
b- interest rates are set to go to the roof which is bad news for heavily indebted businesses.

That's why they are desperate to sell. Unfortunately for them this is a bad time to sell

A- the interest rate thing is global and will hit anyone who isn't insanely rich. That means it also hit the US owners as well
B- there are a number of clubs who are on sale. The Washington Commanders for example had attracted interest from a big chunk of potential US buyers, then there's PSG who are interested in selling a minority stake etc

Finally we know through SJR that United were not for sale in the Summer which meant that the club sale came sudden. That's a bugger to the likes of Qatar and Saudi who had since bought other clubs which in turn disqualify them from directly buying Manchester United.

Elliott has two things that Glazers don't ie money and experience in managing a club. They can ride this recession wave, they can invest in the club's infrastructure, get it in order and then wait until someone comes with the right price. There are many game changers that can top things around if the United project is given time and investment

a- The European super league. That's a huge game changer if it happens
b- Bezos seem interested into sports. That's a big game changer.
c- the dust will settle on the Washington Commanders deal which means that the remaining bidders might turn their sights on United
d- UEFA is considering to change multi club ownership rules. Which means that QSI might be able to bid for United.
e- It gives time for Saudi and Abu Dhabi to sell their clubs if they want to and then buy United.

colombianmancunian

it would basically put us 2 years back, and end up in the same spot, just with the glazers not getting their£6b
So you basically want the Glazers to lose so badly, that you are willing for us to lose 2 years?

No way. For me Elliot is the worst scenario. I want Jassim, but even Sir Jim is a preferable scenario over Elliot basically giving some air to the Glazers.

Señor Sloppy

The club is at its last wheels. We are losing money. Further debt on higher interest rate will cripple us and therefore the Glazers hold on United further. In such circumstances its quite evident that either the Glazers will have to sell quickly or the club's expenses will spiral out of control. Let us not forget that at the beginning Elliott was thought not to be keen to go in bed with the Glazers and would have preferred investing with someone else instead. So what changed their mind? Could their bid include an exit clause for the Glazers?
Feels like there's a lot of assumptions and absolutism here - you're detailing one rather extreme sequence of events out of hundreds of possibilities.

There's plenty more more ways for the Glazers to remain afloat in the short to medium term yet, not least through those dreaded Barcelona-esque levers that they are yet to reach for. A far more realistic scenario is that the Glazers will just about manage to keep satisfactorily servicing Elliott Management's debt, to the detriment of Manchester United's wider health.

HarryP

No. And that's a bad sign.

The Glazers aren't going to announce they're staying all of a sudden because that could trigger large and viscous protests. So if they now intend to stay, they will slow the 'sale process' down (less news and updates) and gradually brief that they're quite likely to stay. Then, when a point is reached where people expect them to stay, they'll announce it. There'll still be protests etc. but just not as badly if they made an abrupt announcement.
Almost 2 weeks ago since this post now.

Who was it that said we would get an update by Friday (yesterday)...

Brophs

The One and Only
Almost 2 weeks ago since this post now.

Who was it that said we would get an update by Friday (yesterday)...
Wow. You sure have taught a lesson to that poster from the internet who may or may not exist and whose name you don’t know.

HarryP

Wow. You sure have taught a lesson to that poster from the internet who may or may not exist and whose name you don’t know.
No I'm not talking about a poster on here, iirc some journalist said we'd hear something by then.

HarryP

It seems to have gone quiet.

Could hear the anti-Glazer chants loud and clear today though - hope they get the message.
Unfortunately I think those chants, if anything, would only entrench the Glazer's position of remaining. They won't let chants push them out and they've proven that repeatedly.

More likely they will have zero impact either way though.

JagUTD

Is there any truth in the rumour that Avrams nickname back in college was HarryP?

George The Best

Really hope we are now into negotiation stage. If so there are lots of ways to get a seller to reduce their price. A deal this big doesn’t happen without negotiation.

Yorke to Cole

I recall watching an episode of The Sunday Supplement (some years ago) and Martin Samuel was one of the journalists on it.

He said had interviewed Mike Ashley, ( the then owner of Newcastle) and he had said to Samuel, that "takeovers happen without people hearing about it. "

If United, get brought out, does anyone think that is what will happen? We will wake up and the news is done or it imminent.

Kind regards.

Loon

:lol:
My instincts tell me, like it or not, it's a bullshit pride thing with the Qataris now and they will not want to be seen as having failed after not getting the Glazers to sell in 2011 (apparently).

AlPistacho

This has gone quiet on the news front. Think we’ll get a flurry of activity in the next week.

Acquire Me

I recall watching an episode of The Sunday Supplement (some years ago) and Martin Samuel was one of the journalists on it.

He said had interviewed Mike Ashley, ( the then owner of Newcastle) and he had said to Samuel, that "takeovers happen without people hearing about it. "

If United, get brought out, does anyone think that is what will happen? We will wake up and the news is done or it imminent.

Kind regards.
That is exactly what will happen. We will only know when it’s close or done at this stage.

Infra-red

Kind regards.
No. NYSE reporting rules mean that the club will need to release a public statement if anything is even close to happening. The situation at Newcastle was not the same.

Yorke to Cole

No. NYSE reporting rules mean that the club will need to release a public statement if anything is even close to happening. The situation at Newcastle was not the same.
Oh yes. I forgot the stock exchange rules.

However, in spite of being an arsehole, Ashley was probaby right. It was not just Newcastle, City seemed to just happen and Chelsea under Roman Abramovich was definitely instant.

Alonzo

Just to be clear, i think what WILL happen, is that the rats will sell to Qatar, as they are fenced in. With the regulator coming, and (correct me if I’m wrong) legislation either in place or coming that would bar them selling the stadium (ie asset stripping), they have no option.
Out of the likely options, I’d take SJR for reasons that have been repeated about a hundred times. Give me the Daniel Harris esque moral high ground over hollow trophies any day. But i will continue to support the club as my family has for generations regardless.
And my ideal (albeit barely remotely possible), is as above. People inserting their own narrative into it is not my problem.

but yes, i think it’s nailed on they’ll sell. And goodriddance. Family of scum.

Bert_

Premier League ready to DITCH Sky Sports and BT Sport in radical new broadcasting plans

Premier League bosses are discussing the notion of cutting out the middle man when it comes to showing live games with plans to broadcast matches via their own platform.

±++±+++++++++++++++++++++++++

£6billion? Will be bargain of the century if this ever happens.
This is why you have hedge funds and the like sniffing around premier league clubs. There will be a bonanza of broadcast revenue to scoop up once the prem starts it's own streaming service.

sglowrider

This is why you have hedge funds and the like sniffing around premier league clubs. There will be a bonanza of broadcast revenue to scoop up once the prem starts it's own streaming service.
Its a natural progression of an antiquated business model -- moving towards a sharing economy where you cut out the middleman. The technology has been there for nearly a decade.

This will either force the traditional broadcasters to pay up more (to the PL) without raising the monthly subs and use Football as a loss leader for their other programmes or they will have to be some outsource partner to the PL where they provide their TV production or bandwidth/infra expertise.

Imagine only just 10 million United fans around the world (out of supposedly 400 million global fans) paying $10/mo (or more) to watch all of United's matches. Do the math.

This will be the longtail pitch the Glazers will offer Jassion/INEOS. No need for the Super League.

Last edited:

devilish

Its a natural progression of an antiquated business model -- moving towards a sharing economy where you cut out the middleman. The technology has been there for nearly a decade.

This will either force the traditional broadcasters to pay up more (to the PL) without raising the monthly subs and use Football as a loss leader for their other programmes or they will have to be some outsource partner to the PL where they provide their TV production or bandwidth/infra expertise.

Imagine only just 10 million United fans around the world (out of supposedly 400 million global fans) paying $10/mo (or more) to watch all of United's matches. Do the math.

This will be the longtail pitch the Glazers will offer Jassion/INEOS. No need for the Super League.
It's down to their greed. Why should anyone pay 4 subscriptions to watch his team playing live week in week out?

sglowrider

It's down to their greed. Why should anyone pay 4 subscriptions to watch his team playing live week in week out?
There wont be 4 subs which the current problem. The PL owns the broadcasting rights. They can splice & dice it the way they want.

devilish

There wont be 4 subs which the current problem. The PL owns the broadcasting rights. They can splice & dice it the way they want.
Exactly. That's why the current system is unsustainable. You can't expect customers to pay 4 different subscriptions especially if they are still not guaranteed to watch all the games

sglowrider

Exactly. That's why the current system is unsustainable. You can't expect customers to pay 4 different subscriptions especially if they are still not guaranteed to watch all the games
This is why I think Jassim brought in the media/tech guys -- they probably wanted to go over some of the information/DD on MUTV and other commercial partnerships. New business models are about building ecosystems and not the antiquated 'conglomerate' structure approach. 40y.o 's worldview versus a 70y.o's

devilish

This is why I think Jassim brought in the media/tech guys -- they probably wanted to go over some of the information/DD on MUTV and other commercial partnerships. New business models are about building ecosystems and not the antiquated conglomerate structure approach.
I think so as well. He will probably have the backing of Bein who is a media juggernaut.

This really needs to be tackled and tackled quickly. We are having to pay for multiple packages filled with crap that we do not watch only to end up having to watch the newcastle vs West ham game cause some wise guy decided not to show the united game live. Not to forget the money wasted in 'elite' pundits because they somehow think that we give a feck about what the likes of Gaz, Carra and sourness think.

Giggsyking

This is why I think Jassim brought in the media/tech guys -- they probably wanted to go over some of the information/DD on MUTV and other commercial partnerships. New business models are about building ecosystems and not the antiquated 'conglomerate' structure approach. 40y.o 's worldview versus a 70y.o's
I have a feeling Jassim if he wins, is going to negotiate with the PL man utd's own games to be streamed via Bein/man utd app if the PL starts its own streaming service.

sglowrider

I think so as well. He will probably have the backing of Bein who is a media juggernaut.

This really needs to be tackled and tackled quickly. We are having to pay for multiple packages filled with crap that we do not watch only to end up having to watch the newcastle vs West ham game cause some wise guy decided not to show the united game live. Not to forget the money wasted in 'elite' pundits because they somehow think that we give a feck about what the likes of Gaz, Carra and sourness think.
100% agree

sglowrider

I have a feeling Jassim if he wins, is going to negotiate with the PL man utd's own games to be streamed via Bein/man utd app if the PL starts its own streaming service.
Not sure it's possible with the current PL agreement. But at some point it will be leverage for negotiation.
Mutv already shows the matches in demand with 24hrs. Highlights within a few hours.

Fyi I wrote to united like 12yrs ago on this idea of direct to consumer globally Offering my IPTV platform and building a global network. They didn't respond

Status
Not open for further replies.