Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownRiver

The glazers getting a valuation close to their absurd initial £6b valuation, is great business for them. This drawn-out competitive process and leaks have put them in this position.

I do not think either Jim or Jassim will increase their bids once more, and we will know something this/next week. If it does get drawn out, I do think Jassim will go all the way. Also remember, Qatar may offer the Glazers investment opportunities to entice them.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Unless there is exclusivity for either side this can be a never-ending saga unless one of the bidders says enough is enough. Pointless to get hopes high for a conclusion to this saga either way.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Even if the Qatar bid is higher now I'm guessing the Glazers will be hoping if they keep 20% with the INEOS bid that will be worth more in the future so they'll make more money eventually
It's not that much higher so it's not really worth waiting 3 years. Better to take the cash now.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Unless there is exclusivity for either side this can be a never-ending saga unless one of the bidders says enough is enough. Pointless to get hopes high for a conclusion to this saga either way.
I guess if the Qatar bid is lower then that’s that, no? Hopefully. Would be a depressing end if they took over.

Castia

I reckon the people who want Jim wanted Moyes back in the day

You know what I mean?

Chief123

This is a done deal. Only a matter of time now before the worlds worst kept secret that Sheikh Jassim completes the takeover.

There’s no way he goes back in with a bid knowing it’ll get rejected. It looks like the meeting yesterday probably did happen as reported. It would just be inviting ridicule if he put a bid in knowing it isn’t going to be accepted.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Qatar have added 500m on after being kept in the dark for a few weeks following a previous “final” bid. I don’t see why the Glazers don’t keep them stewing for another few weeks and see what they come back with.

dpansheth

it would help everyone on this thread if they start their comment with:
- What they think SJR bid's valuation of Man Utd is
- What they think SJ bid's valuation of Man Utd is
- their preference if any

Leave debt & other developments out of the picture.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
SJR's bid 1: ~£4.14bn to the Glazers. And with that they don't need to pay anything and just get to walk away. The remaining 31% stays on the stock exchange. That's if they buy.

SJR Bid 2: ~£2.9bn to the Glazers but 20% of the club remains with Joel and Avram Glazer. 31% remains floated. Other siblings walk away. No debt payments on Glazers etc.

Jassim bid: £3.45bn to the Glazers for their 69% and will then spend another ~£1.55bn -£1.75bn paying off the stocks on the public market and delisting the company. Need to see who is paying the debt as original offer it was on the Glazers but this hasn't said anything to clarify.

Marcelinho87

This is a done deal. Only a matter of time now before the worlds worst kept secret that Sheikh Jassim completes the takeover.

There’s no way he goes back in with a bid knowing it’ll get rejected. It looks like the meeting yesterday probably did happen as reported. It would just be inviting ridicule if he put a bid in knowing it isn’t going to be accepted.
I think this is what happened, the hotel thing then this, smoke/fire etc.

nainaisson

The Glazers are going to want the "pledged investment" money for themselves. I can see them holding out until they get that money promised to them too.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Someone said that a hot favourite preferred bidder was leaked for Chelsea about a week before Raine suddenly switched course and announced Boehly. Hopefully they pulled the same trick with Ratcliffe
I do not remember a leak. Ben Jacobs was writing info about Boehly's bid. Later it was easy to see Jacobs was getting everything from Boehly. It was Boehly, Ricketts, and a Saudi group. The Saudi group refused to share all their financial with Raine and were out. Then the Ricketts were getting a lot of backlash because of the Trumpanze fund raising and they started disagreeing about going forward and they were gone. Then Boehly was named preferred bidder when everyone else fell away.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What is the hotel thing I see being mentioned?

wolvored

Qatar have added 500m on after being kept in the dark for a few weeks following a previous “final” bid. I don’t see why the Glazers don’t keep them stewing for another few weeks and see what they come back with.
Because for the actual team it will be a disaster on the transfer front, so dont see why you would want that

dpansheth

SJR's bid 1: ~£4.14bn to the Glazers. And with that they don't need to pay anything and just get to walk away. The remaining 31% stays on the stock exchange. That's if they buy.

SJR Bid 2: ~£2.9bn to the Glazers but 20% of the club remains with Joel and Avram Glazer. 31% remains floated. Other siblings walk away. No debt payments on Glazers etc.

Jassim bid: £3.45bn to the Glazers for their 69% and will then spend another ~£1.55bn -£1.75bn paying off the stocks on the public market and delisting the company. Need to see who is paying the debt as original offer it was on the Glazers but this hasn't said anything to clarify.
Is this the current bid?

lostcauz

Does SJR have the minerals for it? Seemed like he was struggling by the third round of bidding. Initial offer was for 69% and now down to 51% (With a rumour of another bid for 69%)
How much can he afford to borrow to buy the club, invest in the squad and facilities. Not to mention the current debt.

mu4c_20le

Glazers are cooking the qataris like Texas brisket

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The Glazers are going to want the "pledged investment" money for themselves. I can see them holding out until they get that money promised to them too.
If I'm buying a house, why would I give the money I'm going to use on renovating the house to the seller?

Chief123

What is the hotel thing I see being mentioned?
Joel Glazer was seen and photographed leaving a hotel in london yesterday which is owned by Sheikh Jassim’s father. Reports have been putting two and two together to suggest it was for a meeting with the Sheikh or his reps. Would make sense considering there’s a new bid the day after.

wolvored

Does SJR have the minerals for it? Seemed like he was struggling by the third round of bidding. Initial offer was for 69% and now down to 51% (With a rumour of another bid for 69%)
How much can he afford to borrow to buy the club, invest in the squad and facilities. Not to mention the current debt.
Is it 51% though? If they own 69% and can keep 20% that adds up to 49% for Ratcliffe. Where does this magical 2% come from?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If I'm buying a house, why would I give the money I'm going to use on renovating the house to the seller?
If I’m buying a house I don’t tell the seller my bid includes 25k worth of renovation work. The Qataris saying they’ve bid 7 billion dollars with a PS of it including a billion for the community is just bizarre. It is completely irrelevant to the process.

Marcelinho87

Joel Glazer was seen and photographed leaving a hotel in london yesterday which is owned by Sheikh Jassim’s father. Reports have been putting two and two together to suggest it was for a meeting with the Sheikh or his reps. Would make sense considering there’s a new bid the day after.
Was Avram, the rat looking one.

But yeah no coincidences here for me, it was linked.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If I’m buying a house I don’t tell the seller my bid includes 25k worth of renovation work. The Qataris saying they’ve bid 7 billion dollars with a PS of it including a billion for the community is just bizarre. It is completely irrelevant to the process.
Agree with that too.

DownRiver

I do not think there will be an exclusivity period in the true sense of having further negotiations. The Raine Group have increased bids by putting the two bidders against each other in order to keep the tension until the last moment; having an exclusivity period with any particular bidder will give the power to the bidder to make their own rules. I do, however, think there will be a preferred bidder where final details will be agreed with the bid not changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.