Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Harry P letting off a single party popper and handing Plant a half pint of shandy bass - in a plastic cup, in an otherwise empty pub, while ‘I’m Not In Love’ by 10cc plays on the jukebox, at half speed.
:lol:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I have read this, and your previous post in this thread, and I have absolutely no idea what you are saying. The words are like absurdist/imagist poems.
It was me trying to fit in with the awesome reason on display in this thread.

Don’t worry about it, @Shakesey has these random outbursts from time to time. Either that or he’s been sat chatting to GPT again :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol:

You know me too well! I asked GPT to scramble the words of another poster so that it almost made sense

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mount, Kane....these does sound INEOS type of signings

DOTA

I can see what you're going for with Mount but I'm not sure there are any circumstances that wouldn't have seen us linked to Kane. Even in a world where we had absolutely no interest and he was desperate to renew at Spurs his agent would have to be grossly negligent for the press not to be talking up his chances of coming here.

devilish

I can see what you're going for with Mount but I'm not sure there are any circumstances that wouldn't have seen us linked to Kane. Even in a world where we had absolutely no interest and he was desperate to renew at Spurs his agent would have to be grossly negligent for the press not to be talking up his chances of coming here.
Kane is an excellent player but he's also 29 and he'll cost a bomb. When you take in account Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro and Martial in account then United will be left with a huge rebuilding process in 4 years time. You'll expect our transfer department (DOF, scouts etc) could come with with different names to two from the local pond especially considering the fees involved with these two transfers. You'll also expect that transfers would head at a standstill during a takeover unless, there would be minimum change (Sir Jim Ratzer?) which therefore means that most of the people currently in command will still remain at the club.

Amarsdd

Kane is an excellent player but he's also 29 and he'll cost a bomb. When you take in account Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro and Martial in account then United will be left with a huge rebuilding process in 4 years time. You'll expect our transfer department (DOF, scouts etc) could come with with different names to two from the local pond especially considering the fees involved with these two transfers. You'll also expect that transfers would head at a standstill during a takeover unless, there would be minimum change (Sir Jim Ratzer?) which therefore means that most of the people currently in command will still remain at the club.
Honestly, you are fckin relentless. Can't help but laugh at you, at the same time also clap a little bit at your relentlessness.

greenoffpearson

Yes more INEOS, except if looking at the current recruitment team they may have chosen that profile of player. The groundwork may have been done. The manager ok'ed the strategy.

However you would hope that any buyer would accept what the manager has agreed. Further given the timescale again the sensible approach is to work with the current team.

JagUTD

Borrowing costs have gone up quite a lot in the last few days - Gilts at nearly 4.2%. I think we need a cash buyer.
I doubt anyone is stumping up £5bn in cash. Given you have to show where the money comes from it's not particularly easy to make £5bn appear from nowhere and claim you found it down the back of the sofa.

DOTA

This doesn't seem to be a reply to my post?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Is that is the sort of sweeping generalisation and prejudice you would expect from somebody who stands in the way of racism?

pot, kettle and black my friend, do not group people together, presume their beliefs, motivations and morals and then damn them one and all with the same criticism

your post stinks of hypocrisy and a lack of self understanding
Yet anyone who is concerned about Qatar is either a massive racist or secretly a Glazer collaborator who never wants United to win the league again.

Mount would be a perfectly reasonable signing. A far better option than spending all summer chasing Neymar.

devilish

Yet anyone who is concerned about Qatar is either a massive racist or secretly a Glazer collaborator who never wants United to win the league again.

Mount would be a perfectly reasonable signing. A far better option than spending all summer chasing Neymar.
they are two different type of players though

devilish

This doesn't seem to be a reply to my post?
I apologise for that. In my part of world when we agree on something we simply fly over it and point on something we might disagree upon. Yeah I agree with what you've said 100%

Zed 101

yeah that was my point! making assumptions, grouping people together and criticising them as a class is wrong irrespective of whether you agree with them or not!

DOTA

I apologise for that. In my part of world when we agree on something we simply fly over it and point on something we might disagree upon. Yeah I agree with what you've said 100%
Ahh, fair enough.

dacore

I don't understand why Kane and Mount would prove a preferred bidder? Couldn't it just be Ten Hag who wants these players and the new owners want to make him happy?

cheekybackheel

There's a slight possibility we might hear tomorrow or saturday if we guarantee CL football after the Chelsea game tonight. Im not holding my breath though.

strandty

There's a slight possibility we might hear tomorrow or saturday if we guarantee CL football after the Chelsea game tonight. Im not holding my breath though.
Could quite easily be a clause in either parties agreement that depends on Champions League qualification i.e. terms of payment, price, budgets etc so not out of the question.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Thats only according to one source though.
Pfft good point and hes absolutely useless. No one else is reporting it.
Focus on the football i suppose. Hard to when this literally forms the future of the club for the next 17 years...

glasgow 21

Could quite easily be a clause in either parties agreement that depends on Champions League qualification i.e. terms of payment, price, budgets etc so not out of the question.
Can't wait for the sale to be held up until after the US tour due to attendance of Glazers to then sale is held up after round 6 as Glazers wait to see how new season is progressing. The though that CL qualification is dependent to close any deal surely can't have any base in fact.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Pfft good point and hes absolutely useless. No one else is reporting it.
Focus on the football i suppose. Hard to when this literally forms the future of the club for the next 17 years...
Marty Mcfly is that you? Very specific time the new owners are going to be around for 17 years!

cheekybackheel

Can't wait for the sale to be held up until after the US tour due to attendance of Glazers to then sale is held up after round 6 as Glazers wait to see how new season is progressing. The though that CL qualification is dependent to close any deal surely can't have any base in fact.
CL qualification isn't necessarily dependent for a deal, but in terms of releasing a statement about the buyout it sounds a lot better for the Glazers if they hand over the reigns knowing it's in the bag, it just makes them look, sound and feel better.

I've said it before but it's like selling a car with small scratches in the paintwork. It might not stop any offers, but you'll feel a lot better selling it if you filled the cracks and painted over them. It's all psychological at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.