Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't get the nfl thing. Tv deals aren't negotiated by a single owner and the NFL preseason is so structured, the Bucs aren't going to just jet off to Qatar for a week during training camp
And the other guys will say no to Arab money? Like they said no to London games? Come on, now.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
@Berbaclass - as promised earlier here is the article about the premium offered being on top of current bid price.

Found it! It’s Duncan Castles so not a great source but interesting all the same.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sir-jim-ratcliffe-man-united-29851503
and the relevant paragraph - “As a condition of the takeover agreement, it is understood that the pair would be granted options to sell their shares – at a premium to the current bid price – after year one and year two of Ineos' stewardship”

cyberman

I don't get the nfl thing. Tv deals aren't negotiated by a single owner and the NFL preseason is so structured, the Bucs aren't going to just jet off to Qatar for a week during training camp
Steelers are planning to have regular season games in Ireland

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Has the article about Nice wanting Potter in charge been posted?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I don't recall that one of him in the United shirt is photoshopped. Apparently it's a leaked photo from a friend of his Instagram story.
I assume we are talking about this photo?

Clearly not an 'official' photo but theories about photoshopped seem far fetched

If you were going to fake it then I'm pretty sure you would do a better job than that !

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I assume we are talking about this photo?

Clearly not an 'official' photo but theories about photoshopped seem far fetched

If you were going to fake it then I'm pretty sure you would do a better job than that !
I read that as a joke.

owlo

Football clubs are like art. Our value as a whole has little to do with the stock price, or with our on field success.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Massive day today, insider sources claiming a call has been scheduled between Raine, Glazers and SJ.
Lets see what fresh bullshit we get.

Infra-red

I know that this thread probably cannot get any worse, but there's really no point posting things that have obviously been made up by bored children on half-term week.

Voteon

Another bullshiter.
I think most people accept the Glazers are ‘holding out’ for more Qatari money, and using Ratcliffe as a foil to drive up the price.

What is concerning is how the Raine Group is now being bypassed by Qatar/Glazers, as they’d likely be advising Glazers (who hired them) about the bidders and their assets. It’s concerning as it is likely the Raine Group are unsure if SJ has the money and the Glazers, wanting their quick six billion, are angry at this truth being told.

Letting the Raine Group being bypassed thus (they get commission anyway, remember) means Jassim probably doesn’t have the required money and could use future assets, after an initial payment, to purchase the club. All the ‘investment’ spiel regards the local area and training facilities is just good PR to shut locals up.

cheekybackheel

Lets fast forward a bit and assume a sale has gone ahead (doesn't matter who). In what order would you like to see things improve/develop for the club? Whats the priority for most people?

dacore

Lets fast forward a bit and assume a sale has gone ahead (doesn't matter who). In what order would you like to see things improve/develop for the club? Whats the priority for most people?
1. Squad
2. Training facilities
3. Stadium.

We have to get back to the top ASAP which would generatore more money and more "buzz" around the club.

cheekybackheel

1. Squad
2. Training facilities
3. Stadium.

We have to get back to the top ASAP which would generatore more money and more "buzz" around the club.
Regarding a new stadium, I wonder what capacity a new owner would aim for. I wonder how many people are in the queue wanting a season ticket?? no idea. I think we could potentially fill a 90k stadium week in-week out though.

dacore

Regarding a new stadium, I wonder what capacity a new owner would aim for. I wonder how many people are in the queue wanting a season ticket?? no idea. I think we could potentially fill a 90k stadium week in-week out though.
Agreed. Dunno though if they should upgrade Old Trafford or build a "New Trafford". OT is legendary..

Last edited:

Voteon

Depends on who wins.

If Qatar win (I think they will), I hope to see the club’s supporters say no to them, and not be distracted by Mbappe and OT becoming the BeIN Sports Bowl.

Cannot see it happening, though.

My priority is therefore finding some funds for the Clark Griswold bid. There’s a man who recognises plight when he sees it. Mind you, considering he’s a genius with food additives, are we ‘food washing’?

Zora

Assuming you're alluding to this?
[/MEDIA]
Ah, the Galzers. That's a new one. Usually we're referring to them as the 'Glazers'.

I'm actually sick of these wannabe Fabrizos with their fake sources. That jroades chancer is the worst. Knows nothing, has zero sources, and asks people for money for his "news" whilst he makes up stuff. Meanwhile, the rest of us have to work actual real jobs.

Yes, I'm bitter.

glasgow 21

Agreed. Dunno though if they should upgrade Old Trafford och build a "New Trafford". OT is legendary..
What ever happens can we do something about the red brick right around the pitch have no idea why that is left exposed to players. Other than that If there is a structured plan that can let Old trafford be renovated with minimum disruption to home games then that would be my choice. If it can be extended to 90,000 and the exterior given a modern facia and entrance facilities and maybe even a retractable roof that would tick the boxes. I'm not an architect but most things seems possible these days given the right financial backing.

rizx

If in any case (god please no) the Glazers decide to stay after all, can we get a rant topic, where we can express our "happiness" freely :devil:?

Status
Not open for further replies.