Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodsInRed

At least Qatar give them some sort of employment. We in the west have plenty of blood on our hands, who's own lethally xenophobic anti-migration policy is to blame for thousands upon thousands of refugee deaths in the Mediterranean Sea.
Yeah damn those pesky Westerners forcing people onto boats. The most xenophobic in the land.

whitbyviking

Basically the relationship of Ineos with its other 2 clubs considering the decisions they have taken, the personnel they have hired and the way their teams have performed. But magically, they will become true lovers of the game and get decisions right for a club of our stature.

It's like expecting a CEO who has fecked up 2 smaller firms in a particular industry to suddenly get stuff right for a behemoth of the same industry. The only place I have seen this happening is Wall Street and we know how that goes.
They haven’t fecked them up. There has been no improvement at Lausanne, they have pretty much stagnated and at Nice they are constantly trying new things to succeed. It’s taking longer than expected but apparently with the new group DOF things will improve. Both clubs are financially sound and managed responsibly. They seem to be learning from their mistakes.

What makes people think the Qataris will come in and get it right immediately. It’s a risk and they have no experience at all. Of course they could do so and money hides a lot of evils, but the source and amount of money available still isn’t clear. Some of the tweets regarding their “plans” for running the club suggest a potential circus too; club legends, transfer votes from fans etc.

For the people too who think the Qataris are going to come in, drop billions and expect nothing in return you are mad and I have a bridge to sell you. It will be an investment to them and they will expect a return. It’s going to depend what type of return they want as to how palatable they will be, already rumours regarding the land around the stadium etc. Imagine the scenario they want to redevelop the land around old Trafford and the council are difficult with planning approval, will the club then become a bargaining chip to be used as a means to coerce an approval? No friends in business. Strangely enough I think from the two Ineos will be the ones expecting less or no return from the club as I see this as a vanity project for Sir Jim at least, one last big wave of his wrinkly old chap

Rojofiam

Do you know the point of a business? Google will help if your struggling.
Ineos makes a lot of investments in a lot of areas. Buying Man. United to make money off of it is impossible unless you invest heavily into the club...and even then the potential profits are a drop in the bucket compared to what Ratcliffe's company makes in a year...but I guess you don't WANT to understand it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You need to reread my statement, because again you’re displaying a high level of misunderstanding “my guy”.

The people against the Qatari bid in here have listed their reasons in literally thousands of posts. I’m not going to type them out.

I’m not personally against Qatar per se, I prefer Ineos slightly for reasons given hundreds of pages ago, but if Qatar take over then I’ll still support. The thing I find needs taking to task in here are the spurious reasons people give for supporting the Qatari bid, many of which are absolutely laughable, when more or less every argument made against Ineos can be made against the Qatar bid too, on a larger scale. The only thing that can’t be levelled against the Qataris is the Tory/Brexit support, but in reality I suspect they fall much more on that side of the fence than they would on a Remain/Labour side, so that in itself is daft too.

No need for any PHD level reasoning or whatever it was you said, an ability to read is sufficient to put you on a better footing here.
You literally wrote a whole post that doesn't adress my question.

If it's a private bid, what is the problem? Since everyone keeps saying that a state bid would just pay the money.

And making up stuff about the way the club would be run when Ratcliffe hasn't even commited on clearing the debt (either through Ineos or altogether) is just peak hypocrisy. The fan vote stuff I'm pretty sure was a rumour and not confirmed at all.

As for the club legends bit, I'm much more expecting Ratcliffe to get some proper British lads than Qatar who will try to do a Bayern and hire competent people that used to be associated with the club. How do I assume that? Well, I'm looking at what he's done in his other ventures.

Sid234

I dont think I have F5'd on a thread hoping for good news as much as this one since the Wesley Sneijder thread few years back..

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I dont think I have F5'd on a thread hoping for good news as much as this one since the Wesley Sneijder thread few years back..
You a returnee then? Joined 2013. hmmm :lol:

Baxquux

Has Delaney got anything right during this saga?
No. Both as a transfer 'ITK' and as an analyst of the politics and ethics of club ownership, he's shown himself a (sanctimonious and hypocritical in the latter regard) clown...

RopersReturn

If SirJim does end up winning, then I can see him falling out spectacularly with Joel & Avram. This deal sounds doomed to fail with those two still clinging onto power.

CodeRed

Ha ha I know. Me too.
Thanks the the reminder also. I remember getting into a drunken heated argument back then at a friend's house that we should sign Roy Scheider. Obviously getting confused with Wesley Sneijder. Never got over that. :annoyed:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The amount of double standards is pretty shocking. Why doesn’t Jassim just pay £6b for club, but then “Jim is clever keeping the glazers because he doesn’t need 100%, he doesn’t even need them out to own the club. So he’s a shrewd business man”
It’s Jassim who is insisting his bid is 100%. If he wants the club so badly he should just match the valuation. Or he could drop his percentage and give a higher valuation to the shares he does buy.
There’s no double standards about it.

Moriarty

We just can’t seem to flush them out. Nightmare.
If it's true that two of them want to stay, then the Qatari bid is doomed. If Ratbag is happy to buy his way in and let the Glazers stay on in some capacity, then what is the effect of that on the playing side? Do we get to modernize with the best football people in all key positions, or do we carry on as we are? I have no idea what the answer is.

Barthez

December 2023: Jassim is considering a 10th and final bid. Sir Jim still leading the race by the narrowest of margins. Glazer’s feel an additional $100,000 should seal the deal but are waiting to see how United come out of the hectic Xmas schedule before committing to the sale.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They probably will imo. They can’t take the embarrassment.
I can honestly see Qatar bending over and giving the Glazers what they want. I think they'd likely see missing out on United to SJR as quite shameful on their country, but thats just my opinion. SJ will get frustrated, offer the Glazers what they want, then the Glazers will just run off into the sunset with their big huge fat bags of cash, like the money greedy leeches they are.

Barthez

I can honestly see Qatar bending over and giving the Glazers what they want. I think they'd likely see missing out on United to SJR as quite shameful on their country, but thats just my opinion. SJ will get frustrated, offer the Glazers what they want, then the Glazers will just run off into the sunset with their big huge fat bags of cash, like the money greedy leeches they are.
Agreed. These guys don’t finish second. It’ll be like bringing shame on the family. At the same time they don’t want to be seen bending over and letting the Glazers ride them for every $ they can

Marcelinho87

Individual bid or not, I find it hard to believe Qatar would sit on the sidelines and watch it fail when being so strongly linked to it and after all the debate revolving around them, not an individual.

State ownership? It's already a thing I'm afraid, it's here to stay and now par for the course. I'd rather it wasn't, but shit happened.

INEOS? Are they different to the Glazers really? They'll get debt to buy a sufficient number of shares to get control. That means injecting funds for additional investments is problematic. It just sounds to me like a more convoluted Glazers 2.0 at a higher ticket, ergo higher debt servicing. Feck them.
Yes INEOS would be different.

What the Glazers have done isn't the norm and is a guide on how not to run business, without their father propping them up they'd be fecked.

INEOS wether you like them or not have done well as a business.

Debt plays no part, smart savvy businesses make debt work for them, the Glazers didn't care as it wasn't their debt as soon as they signed the paperwork.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Agreed. These guys don’t finish second. It’ll be like bringing shame on the family. At the same time they don’t want to be seen bending over and letting the Glazers ride them for every $ they can
I think it'll be a case of they'll give the Glazers what they want, and then mask it with something like "The commercial oppertunities and the sponsorship opportunities far outweigh the price we paid" etc etc. They'll cover up the fact they bent over for the Glazers in some way or other. Still, as long as the Glazers are gone, thats all that matters. I wouldn't mind SJR buying us, but his plan of keeping the Glazers around is really putting me off

Acquire Me

I guess the Glazers have got themselves perfect leverage and will get everything they want and then some.

It is obviously good to see them feck off, but the way they have leached into us for nearly two decades is horrific.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So why doesn’t he just offer what the glazers want to buy out all their shares?

The amount of double standards is pretty shocking. Why doesn’t Jassim just pay £6b for club, but then “Jim is clever keeping the glazers because he doesn’t need 100%, he doesn’t even need them out to own the club. So he’s a shrewd business man”

At least let’s have some consistency in the views, questions and expectations of bidders.
Probably for reasons that go above your head. He's a multi billionaire that runs a company with 60bn revenues so I'm sure he knows what he's doing mate.

Qatar know what they have to do. If they don't go higher they don't win. Simple as that.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I guess the Glazers have got themselves perfect leverage and will get everything they want and then some.

It is obviously good to see them feck off, but the way they have leached into us for nearly two decades is horrific.
It's disgusting and it's the fact they have no shame about it.

They couldn't care less about the club, and you can guarantee that they wouldn't have given two fecks about the loss yesterday. It was just a day trip for them, stir a bit more anger with the fans and more speculation with the press. It's like they thrive on drama, they love being centre of attention, especially Joel and Avi, especially with the takeover speculation, you can guarantee they're absolutely loving all the attention!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Probably for reasons that go above your head. He's a multi billionaire that runs a company with 60bn revenues so I'm sure he knows what he's doing mate.

Qatar know what they have to do. If they don't go higher they don't win. Simple as that.
I agree, if Qatar want United, they'll get United. They just don't want to be seen as bending over backwards and giving the Glazers what they want, which is why i think they're just increasing the bid slowly but surely. There will come a point where the leeches say 'that'll do... that'll do'.

Status
Not open for further replies.