Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlPistacho

All I'm saying is that, if it's no longer a state bid, it suddenly loses much of its appeal. Its no longer a money cheat, for example. Malaga is the worst case scenario obviously, but whats the point if it isn't state wealth? How is it worth it.
People are saying United are the only club that can organically compete with City, Newcastle et. No debt purchase. Debt paid off, Glazers out, commitment to stadium investment Vs financed shares purchase, glazers in, no commitment to anything.

You’re really asking?

putzmcgee123

OT but I genuinely dreamed City were stripped of the FA Cup as someone stood on it in the Royal Box during the celebrations and people weren't happy.

Dreams are consoling at times
If it was Kyle Walker, the dream was probably realistic enough to have you questioning if it was real. In my case, I was reading the news in the format of a typical NYSE press release and figures were quoted in USD, so it really felt real.

RedDevilUnited369

People act like environmental issues doesn't affect millions more people than just the population of Qatar…

…and also environmental issues won’t just affect the kids of those millions/billions of people but the true affects will be to their grandchildren and so on…

There is moral issues that shouldn’t be ignored about Qatar, which shouldnt be ignored about the rest of the world, western countries very much included.

But environmental issues being ignored in the moral and ethics argument is bemusing to me…

It affects far more people and will only be getting worse.

Hope those choosing to not address it aren’t on their Trump shiz….”there’s no such thing as global warming” :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All this crying and taking pot shots at Sir Jim on here makes me laugh. Aim your frustration at your preferred bidder who doesn't seem to know what he / they are doing. Qatar haven't covered themselves in glory throughout this farce either although I don't see many saying it.

mu4c_20le

Well no, what you're implying is because one Qatari individual didn't run a club well, that no Qatari individual could ever be capable of running a club well, regardless of wealth or competence, it would be the equivalent of saying Ratcliffe would be shit because Mike Ashley couldn't run a football club.

Whether jassim is a front for the state or a private individual, he's promised an entirely debt free club, huge investment on the pitch and the facilities. Using the malaga comparison is lazy and borderline xenophobic (I don't really throw that term around a lot, but implying because one man from one country did a bad job running a club, means it taints everyone from that country is pretty bizarre)
I used Malaga as an example because they are literally the closest example of being owned by someone close to the Qatari ruling family but as an individual. If I used any other example no doubt the reply would be that they are different etc etc. If any of you genuinely think it could be an individual bid, then you should be very very concerned with where the money comes from. Jassim himself probably isn't even richer than Ratcliffe, his daddy is but hates football.

So if you really think it's not a state bid and not just saying that as a deflection to defend the Qatar bid, then why are you believing the PR sent through the Daily Mail?

RedDevilUnited369

All this crying and taking pot shots at Sir Jim on here makes me laugh. Aim your frustration at your preferred bidder who doesn't seem to know what he / they are doing. Qatar haven't covered themselves in glory throughout this farce either although I don't see many saying it.
I’ve said it, how does the Country of Qatar not blow SJR’s bid out of the water?

I don’t get it.

Partridge

It’s a sad state of Utd in the end if this is true
The club will be forever ridden with debts

the best thing for the club (imo) sorry to say if the club can resets itself by going to administration and start all over again in a clean state.
It’s better in the long run unfortunately.
:lol: that's ridiculous. Quick format of the club, and we're back like nothing happened..

rajds89

We get it, you don't want the Qatar bid to win and would prefer the Rat/Glazers to stay in power.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I’ve said it, how does the Country of Qatar not blow SJR’s bid out of the water?

I don’t get it.
I know what you mean.

Sir Jim isn't poor though by any means. He's got a personal worth of more than most PL owners and that's not even including his company behind him either.

I don't want it to be Qatar but if it is going to be them and this is all just part of the game then I'm bored. Get the cheque book out and get it bloody done as it's a total and utter embarrassment for everyone including them until it's done. Then we can all move on.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We get it, you don't want the Qatar bid to win and would prefer the Rat/Glazers to stay in power.
I have my preference like everyone else has but I'm so sick of it now. It's a total and utter embarrassment for all parties.

AlPistacho

How so? Jassim stated full purchase and hasn’t weaselled into bed with the glazers. I’m certain if Jassim had a bid proposal like Jim and then offered 2 glazers to stay and then the entire bunch. Most would be critical. Some would use it as a reason to justify other none business views. We’d start hearing comments like “these snakes can’t be trusted” “these people do anything”.

It be like reading the differences in comments on crime articles on the Daily Mail when the crime is similar but the photos/name of the perpetrators are different.

AlPistacho

I used Malaga as an example because they are literally the closest example of being owned by someone close to the Qatari ruling family but as an individual. If I used any other example no doubt the reply would be that they are different etc etc. If any of you genuinely think it could be an individual bid, then you should be very very concerned with where the money comes from. Jassim himself probably isn't even richer than Ratcliffe, his daddy is but hates football.

So if you really think it's not a state bid and not just saying that as a deflection to defend the Qatar bid, then why are you believing the PR sent through the Daily Mail?
people are using Nice and Lussane because they are owned by Jim directly… not a fellow Brit who also makes political donations and has strong political influence

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How so? Jassim stated full purchase and hasn’t weaselled into bed with the glazers. I’m certain if Jassim had a bid proposal like Jim and then offered 2 glazers to stay and then the entire bunch. Most would be critical. Some would use it as a reason to justify other none business views. We’d start hearing comments like “these snakes can’t be trusted” “these people do anything”.

It be like reading the differences in comments on crime articles on the Daily Mail when the crime is similar but the photos/name of the perpetrators are different.
But he's not the highest bidder. He's had 4 rounds now and can't outbid Sir Jim or that's what we are led to believe has happened anyway. We don't know for sure.

Ultimately Qatar could get this done and dusted if they want it that badly. They clearly aren't buying it to make money anyway as it's a terrible investment at that price. Far easier and quicker ways to make money than owning a PL football club.

So what's the hold up?

IncyWincySpider

The Boy Jassim doesn't love Manchester United enough to offer real money and compete with Jimmy Brexit. He'd rather wait and buy Liverpool on the cheap.

Either that or daddy's cut off his pocket money.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The Boy Jassim doesn't love Manchester United enough to offer real money and compete with Jimmy Brexit. He'd rather wait and buy Liverpool on the cheap.

I keep suggesting this as a possibility but not had many takers.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
But there are only two options. Pick one.
It's the same thing of Labour versus Tories. Some people cannot vote Labour just because and then claim it doesn't mean they support the Tories.

In a dual-option world, you have to pick the least bad one.

RedDevilUnited369

It can’t be the case, it’s a state backed bid…isn’t it?

Rightnr

I keep suggesting this as a possibility but not had many takers.
Were you the one who suggested people who support the Qatar bid also support Greenwood coming back?

I suggest that you often 'suggest' a load of bollocks.

kaiser00

Nice anecdote. Care the balance this with an employee experience form a Qatari slave?
At least Qatar give them some sort of employment. We in the west have plenty of blood on our hands, who's own lethally xenophobic anti-migration policy is to blame for thousands upon thousands of refugee deaths in the Mediterranean Sea.

Rojofiam

Ratcliffe / INEOS a company with a £60b turnover took over a mid table team in the French league and couldn’t improve them?

9, 4, 11, 2, 9, 9, 15, 16, 6, 13 do you know what those numbers represent? PSG league finishes in the 10 seasons before they got taken over.

4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1,1,1, 2, 1, 1, you can figure out what these numbers represent. But based on some of the comments by Ratcliffe fans I think I’ll have to state it. It’s PSG league finishes after they got taken over.

It’s remarkable the very people who will call PSG a failure for not winning the CL, will also defend Ratcliffe for not improving any of the teams he’s bought.

And saying United will be different. Is like saying a player who is crap in division 2 will be great in the premier league.
I hope you're not suggesting that PSG are even close to being a well-run club. :wenger:

Just look at how much they've spent compared to the other teams in their league, compare their wage bill to the other teams in their league, see what kind of culture they've established at the club: drama from top to bottom, player power, sacking managers prematurely, not having a vision to build towards, signing players for their names, no planning.

AlPistacho

But he's not the highest bidder. He's had 4 rounds now and can't outbid Sir Jim or that's what we are led to believe has happened anyway. We don't know for sure.

Ultimately Qatar could get this done and dusted if they want it that badly. They clearly aren't buying it to make money anyway as it's a terrible investment at that price. Far easier and quicker ways to make money than owning a PL football club.

So what's the hold up?
He is the only full bidder. Why hasn’t Jim just offered the full price for the club ? Why is Jim, using finance to get a share and keep the glazers ? You’d think seeing as he’s not buying the full club the least Jim could do is use his own money and pay off the debt.

AlPistacho

I hope you're not suggesting that PSG are even close to being a well-run club. :wenger:

Just look at how much they've spent compared to the other teams in their league, compare their wage bill to the other teams in their league, see what kind of culture they've established at the club: drama from top to bottom, player power, sacking managers prematurely, not having a vision to build towards, signing players for their names, no planning.
No. But what does that say about Ratcliffe/INEOS if they can’t even progress Nice in that league ?

DOTA

Were you the one who suggested people who support the Qatar bid also support Greenwood coming back?

I suggest that you often 'suggest' a load of bollocks.
Not quite, I seconded it.

Your input is noted but although I can be bad with names and fail to recall that much, from the little impression I do have I'm happy to say I think the low opinion here is a mutual thing, so it won't be given a great deal of weight.

Also, you're being weirdly aggro to do this the next day, in response to something innocuous.

Cantona in disguise

It's the same thing of Labour versus Tories. Some people cannot vote Labour just because and then claim it doesn't mean they support the Tories.

In a dual-option world, you have to pick the least bad one.
There is not one single political party worth voting for in this country. I'd rather abstain than lend a vote to any of them. Life is not as tribal as people want to make it. You can not want either Jim or jassim, but still want the glazers out even If that is unlikely at this point.

Rojofiam

No. But what does that say about Ratcliffe/INEOS if they can’t even progress Nice in that league ?
They have stagnated, I admit this. Have done several times before, so I don't see your point.

I still think Ratcliffe would run Manchester United way better than the Glazers have done, and he's not a state.

Been my stance from day 1 really.

Rightnr

Not quite, I seconded it.

Your input is noted but although I can be bad with names and fail to recall that much, from the little impression I do have I'm happy to say I think the low opinion here is a mutual thing, so it won't be given a great deal of weight.

Also, you're being weirdly aggro to do this the next day, in response to something innocuous.
My opinion of the 'logic' presented in your post is indeed that it is very low quality. You and a few others literally present your opinion as facts and then have to twist and turn to justify some of the nonsense you spout. For one, if it's a state bid, how come 'daddy' can so easily scupper it?

As for the other 'suggestion', maybe for you it doesn't mean anything but that just reveals your bias once again. If you think something is not important, apparently it's not worth talking about/relevant. Zero reflection there.

DOTA

My opinion of the 'logic' presented in your post is indeed very low quality. You and a few others literally present your opinion as facts and then have to twist and turn to justify some of the nonsense you spout. For one, if it's a state bid, how come 'daddy' can so easily scupper it?

As for the other 'suggestion', maybe for you it doesn't mean anything but that just reveals your bias once again. If you think something is not important, apparently it's not worth talking about/relevant. Zero reflection there.
Rambling.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He is the only full bidder. Why hasn’t Jim just offered the full price for the club ? Why is Jim, using finance to get a share and keep the glazers ? You’d think seeing as he’s not buying the full club the least Jim could do is use his own money and pay off the debt.
You don't need 100% of the club to be the boss and decision maker.

And it's been widely reported that the Glazers would eventually sell all their shares to him anyway so he would gain more as he goes.

jm99

Malaga are an example of a club owned by a different person who happens to be the same nationality and is unlikely to have any bearing on how jassim would run us.

I think it is likely a state bid. But if its a private bid, then I'm believing what was said in jassim's public statement, not any daily mail BS. Both jassim and Jim have made one public statement each, Jim didn't really commit to anything. Jassim committed to clearing the debt, investing in the stadium and facilities and on the field.

Beyond those two statements I give no credence to anything reported by any journos who clearly know feck all.

AlPistacho

They have stagnated, I admit this. Have done several times before, so I don't see your point.

I still think Ratcliffe would run Manchester United way better than the Glazers have done, and he's not a state.

Been my stance from day 1 really.
If he can’t improve Nice, and has widely been criticised in France and also Switzerland for being pretty clueless with running football teams. Why do you think he’ll do well at United? The glazers for all their flaws, are relatively hands off.

AlPistacho

You don't need 100% of the club to be the boss and decision maker.

And it's been widely reported that the Glazers would eventually sell all their shares to him anyway so he would gain more as he goes.
So why doesn’t he just offer what the glazers want to buy out all their shares?

The amount of double standards is pretty shocking. Why doesn’t Jassim just pay £6b for club, but then “Jim is clever keeping the glazers because he doesn’t need 100%, he doesn’t even need them out to own the club. So he’s a shrewd business man”

At least let’s have some consistency in the views, questions and expectations of bidders.

Giggsyking

Noted, however it's not a simple as that.

If you use your argument then that would apply to all investments made by those entities.

Clearly the UK government, and Western governments in general, have a different standard.

Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, those of the standards that are going to be applied and not our own.

During the financial crisis Barclays Bank were bailed out by a combination of those emirates. The UK government were more than happy to give it the go-ahead because it saved the British taxpayer literally billions of pounds when the UK government was struggling to bailout other institutions.

Now it would be bazaar, to the extreme, if they now decide that Qatar are no longer a good egg.

However I appreciate that some people are against the bid, for good reason, however unless you start a campaign and convince the British government that your moral stance should be acknowledged by the country as a whole then unfortunately, with respect, you won't get very far.

You could argue that as United fans we should universally make a stand against state ownership, however given how poorly fans are regarded, the Glazer fiasco being a prime example, I would conclude that the chances of anyone "important" listening are negligible.
Ok, however if your argument is that these countries/persons are "causing" a cancer in football due to their "doping" then that is a different argument.

Since the 1970s only Brian Clough's Derby and Forest, Bobby Robson's Ipswich had been examples of smaller clubs making an impact. The others have been either sleeping giants or giant football clubs, Jack Walker's Blackburn and Leicester were financially helped.

So the plight of Brighton is nothing new.

There is no way that there will ever be financial parity, just look at Real, Barcelona, Juventus or Bayern, 'established' old clubs that don't give a sh. t.
Very good post

jm99

Has Delaney got anything right during this saga?
Has anyone gotten anything right? About a month ago, nearly every journo went with the story that Jim was going to be announced as the preferred bidder within the next week, then that never materialised. Yet some people still trust the papers totally when it comes to the exact amounts each bidder has offered, it's baffling to me

whitbyviking

If it's a private bid, what exactly are your moral 'reasons', my guy? Please explain because a lot of you here make some vague statements and think that's some PhD level philosophy.
You need to reread my statement, because again you’re displaying a high level of misunderstanding “my guy”.

The people against the Qatari bid in here have listed their reasons in literally thousands of posts. I’m not going to type them out.

I’m not personally against Qatar per se, I prefer Ineos slightly for reasons given hundreds of pages ago, but if Qatar take over then I’ll still support. The thing I find needs taking to task in here are the spurious reasons people give for supporting the Qatari bid, many of which are absolutely laughable, when more or less every argument made against Ineos can be made against the Qatar bid too, on a larger scale. The only thing that can’t be levelled against the Qataris is the Tory/Brexit support, but in reality I suspect they fall much more on that side of the fence than they would on a Remain/Labour side, so that in itself is daft too.

No need for any PHD level reasoning or whatever it was you said, an ability to read is sufficient to put you on a better footing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.