Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It does feel very Jimmy Brexit with his supporters. They vehemently don’t want a foreign entity owning the club but happy to ignore Jimmys sins. Very strange.
His sins don't even come close to Qatar. Jesus wept how many times does this need to be said.

When Jim let's thousands of people needlessly die in his employment get back to us.

AlPistacho

It's funny, isn't it?

Qatar are competing on equal footing, business-wise and the Brexit Brigade then laugh at them for it. If they went nuclear and offered £7bn, then the narrative will shift the other way. It's almost like we have some of the Sun writers on here.

Another thing people in the UK/West might also not get is that even if it's an individual bid (with some backing from the Qatar government but not really the same way as City, PSG and Newcastle), people from Qatar will still think of it as a Qatar bid.

They pride themselves on the achievements of their country and countrymen in a way most British people don't associate with their country. Does anyone celebrate because Ratcliffe's (or any other billionaire's) teams win or lose? So there's a bit of cultural misunderstanding and some of these people are very happy to consciously indulge in it, very much in the way the Sun and the Mail push their narrative.
Great points.
The thing about Qatari’s celebrating an Qatar individual achievements as if it was their own is also very true and something most people here don’t understand.

AlPistacho

You people always talk as if those of us who prefer INEOS to Qatar are, by the power of our will, bringing that reality to fruition, and thus accountable for the struggles you are fantasising about.
Doesn’t an individuals past give an indication of how things might be in the future?

If the glazers get £5b for United, and decide to buy West Ham for £x amount. Will West Ham fans think yeah forget how they ran United, we’re smaller more funds to make us become more competitive?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What have this branch of “Qatar“ done to show they can manage a club?
They aren't proven failures which is seen to already be better than Ratcliff. And they are clearing the entire debt of the club and booting out the Glazers immediately which gives them a huge head start to start a better future.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Doesn’t an individuals past give an indication of how things might be in the future?

If the glazers get £5b for United, and decide to buy West Ham for £x amount. Will West Ham fans think yeah forget how they ran United, we’re smaller more funds to make us become more competitive?
I'm not sure how this relates to my post?

AlPistacho

It’s going to be like Brexit. The Jim brigade will use all sorts of mental gymnastics while City and Newcastle are winning everything. At least they can have the moral high ground while fighting for top four though.
Assuming we stay a top 4 club. People don’t realise how difficult things can get when you have too many chefs in the kitchen.

hp88

Look at City celebrating

They themselves know deep inside that no one gives a feck about them and that all the success they get is meaningless. Them, PSG and Newcastle are the bottom of the barrel of football. Boggles the mind how most of our fanbase would be jumping at the opportunity for us to become such a hollow, tainted club like them.
We wouldn't be anything like City though, when Abu Dhabi took over City they were absolute nobodies, other than the stadium they had nothing to their name, shit fans, shit players and feck all history whereas we have got it all, we don't need someone to come in pump billions into a project, we are ready to go.

Rojofiam

We wouldn't be anything like City though, when Abu Dhabi took over City they were absolute nobodies, other than the stadium they had nothing to their name, shit fans, shit players and feck all history whereas we have got it all, we don't need someone to come in pump billions into a project, we are ready to go.
Yes, I've heard this narrative before. To me it sounds like you're just making up the rules the way it suits you. In reality, United will be tainted forever.

mu4c_20le

Does Jassim or 92 own Malaga? Please show the proof, shouldn’t be hard.
All I'm saying is that, if it's no longer a state bid, it suddenly loses much of its appeal. Its no longer a money cheat, for example. Malaga is the worst case scenario obviously, but whats the point if it isn't state wealth? How is it worth it.

Rojofiam

Investment from billionaire owner. I'm not sure how much and their success story is definitely about more than the money injected but also they wouldn't be where they are without him.
I know who their owner is but my point was how can any club aspire to challenge for the PL after making leaps and bounds over several years like a Brighton or a Spurs if the competition becomes so unfair towards non-state-owned clubs in the future?

Gee Male

I hate how being anti-state ownership is interpreted as pro-Jim.

feck both these options.

kaiser00

Ineos would be terrible owners. Some of my ex colleagues who work for them in Grangemouth have described how SJR ruthlessly stripped pay some of the pay and conditions. Loyalty to long-term dedicated workers is now non-existent. Pay and employment/contract are often cut abruptly to make up for management errors. Ineos planning is one of the worst for a big employee.

DOTA

I know who their owner is but my point was how can any club aspire to challenge for the PL after making leaps and bounds over several years like a Brighton or a Spurs if the competition becomes so unfair towards non-state-owned clubs in the future?
Oh, I agree, of course. Just specifically on Brighton I don't think it's unreasonable when people are keen to point out that their growth is not a story most other teams who finish 16th in League One (I think that's the last season before he took over) can try and emulate.

Rojofiam

If investing on the pitch as you and your guy Ratcliffe says is all it took. Then we’d be more successful post SAF under the glazers. Nice after their year buying prem has been would not be a pathetic 9th, Chelsea would be top 2 this year.

While that’s part of it. The rest is strategy. Investment in infrastructure. Remember Man City didn’t get to far when they were spending like headless chickens in 09 -11
I don't see how 9th is "pathetic" for Nice. Ratcliffe hasn't delivered on his promise if he really claimed that he will be challenging PSG, but if you look at the past 10 years for OGC Nice and their current wage bill, 9th is around where they should be sitting. Where the club finishes in the league is also not solely down to the owners. We won 5 League titles and 1 CL under Glazer ownership. We had 6th and 7th place finishes under them.

It's also a completely different type of investment compared to Manchester United. More money is involved, it's a 100 times more difficult to turn a profit from our club, which is why no smart businessman would go near it if it was about making money.

If you look at the Glazers, the only positive they've done in the last 10 years was sanction a lot of money in the summer when we missed out on top 4 the previous season. The penny pinching in the summer of 2018 and 2020 was also pathetic. They haven't invested a cent of their own money into the club, ever. They are also clueless about football and have no emotional attachment to United or the sport itself.

hp88

Yes, I've heard this narrative before. To me it sounds like you're just making up the rules the way it suits you. In reality, United will be tainted forever.
If 100% of the money we are spending is generated by the club how is tainted ?

If we had Qatar Airways or INEOS printed on our shirts and were paid silly money for doing it then I see your point but we don't need to go down to that level.

Rojofiam

If 100% of the money we are spending is generated by the club how is tainted ?

If we had Qatar Airways or INEOS printed on our shirts and were paid silly money for doing it then I see your point but we don't need to go down to that level.
One really irritating thing for me would be sportswashing. Just look at how much Newcastle fans admire the Saudis now.

Oh, I agree, of course. Just specifically on Brighton I don't think it's unreasonable when people are keen to point out that their growth is not a story most other teams who finish 16th in League One (I think that's the last season before he took over) can try and emulate.
They likely wouldn't even be in the PL without Tony Bloom and co., but they are not someone you cannot compete against because of their financial superiority.

NK86

I don't see how 9th is "pathetic" for Nice. Ratcliffe hasn't delivered on his promise if he really claimed that he will be challenging PSG, but if you look at the past 10 years for OGC Nice and their current wage bill, 9th is around where they should be sitting. Where the club finishes in the league is also not solely down to the owners. We won 5 League titles and 1 CL under Glazer ownership. We had 6th and 7th place finishes under them.

It's also a completely different type of investment compared to Manchester United. More money is involved, it's a 100 times more difficult to turn a profit from our club, which is why no smart businessman would go near it if it was about making money.

If you look at the Glazers, the only positive they've done in the last 10 years was sanction a lot of money in the summer when we missed out on top 4 the previous season. The penny pinching in the summer of 2018 and 2020 was also pathetic. They haven't invested a cent of their own money into the club, ever. They are also clueless about football and have no emotional attachment to United or the sport itself.
Basically the relationship of Ineos with its other 2 clubs considering the decisions they have taken, the personnel they have hired and the way their teams have performed. But magically, they will become true lovers of the game and get decisions right for a club of our stature.

It's like expecting a CEO who has fecked up 2 smaller firms in a particular industry to suddenly get stuff right for a behemoth of the same industry. The only place I have seen this happening is Wall Street and we know how that goes.

DOTA

They likely wouldn't even be in the PL without Tony Bloom and co., but they are not someone you cannot compete against because of their financial superiority.
I speak as someone who as a kid watched Rotherham United outclass them in what is now League Two and we certainly could never compete in the long term with the kind of financial superiority that saw them leave clubs like us behind.

Quagmire Maguire

Ineos will be worse owners than the Glazers, nothing will change. Money will be borrowed and siphoned out of the club in much the same way the glazers do.

Brexit Jim has also proven to be a liar, plus his other teams have been shite and run poorly.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Qatar will be worse owners than the Glazers, nothing will change. Money will be borrowed and siphoned out of the club in much the same way the glazers do.

AI Jassim has also proven to be a liar, plus his other teams have been shite and run poorly.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Qatar will be worse owners than the Glazers, nothing will change. Money will be borrowed and siphoned out of the club in much the same way the glazers do.

AI Jassim has also proven to be a liar, plus his other teams have been shite and run poorly.
:lol:

Rojofiam

Ineos will be worse owners than the Glazers, nothing will change. Money will be borrowed and siphoned out of the club in much the same way the glazers do.

Brexit Jim has also proven to be a liar, plus his other teams have been shite and run poorly.
Just more incoherent rambling, as if there wasn't enough of that already in this thread.

Care to explain why Ineos would choose buying Manchester United as an opportunity to make money?

DOTA

Good post.

Agree 100%.

jm99

All I'm saying is that, if it's no longer a state bid, it suddenly loses much of its appeal. Its no longer a money cheat, for example. Malaga is the worst case scenario obviously, but whats the point if it isn't state wealth? How is it worth it.
Well no, what you're implying is because one Qatari individual didn't run a club well, that no Qatari individual could ever be capable of running a club well, regardless of wealth or competence, it would be the equivalent of saying Ratcliffe would be shit because Mike Ashley couldn't run a football club.

Whether jassim is a front for the state or a private individual, he's promised an entirely debt free club, huge investment on the pitch and the facilities. Using the malaga comparison is lazy and borderline xenophobic (I don't really throw that term around a lot, but implying because one man from one country did a bad job running a club, means it taints everyone from that country is pretty bizarre)

The Irish Connection

Exactly. Not to mention all the dithering transfer windows trying to save money (or just incompetence) but often paying just as much or more in the end. Fellaini, Maguire etc.

Now they’re dithering again to the detriment of the club. Scum.

AlPistacho

Ratcliffe / INEOS a company with a £60b turnover took over a mid table team in the French league and couldn’t improve them?

9, 4, 11, 2, 9, 9, 15, 16, 6, 13 do you know what those numbers represent? PSG league finishes in the 10 seasons before they got taken over.

4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1,1,1, 2, 1, 1, you can figure out what these numbers represent. But based on some of the comments by Ratcliffe fans I think I’ll have to state it. It’s PSG league finishes after they got taken over.

It’s remarkable the very people who will call PSG a failure for not winning the CL, will also defend Ratcliffe for not improving any of the teams he’s bought.

And saying United will be different. Is like saying a player who is crap in division 2 will be great in the premier league.

Last edited:

TheGodsInRed

Ineos would be terrible owners. Some of my ex colleagues who work for them in Grangemouth have described how SJR ruthlessly stripped pay some of the pay and conditions. Loyalty to long-term dedicated workers is now non-existent. Pay and employment/contract are often cut abruptly to make up for management errors. Ineos planning is one of the worst for a big employee.
Nice anecdote. Care the balance this with an employee experience form a Qatari slave?

Status
Not open for further replies.