Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Definitely a fair point.

The point I am trying to make is this:
(a) There are starting to be enough worrying signs — nothing more — that there are reason to question if 9-2 will be able to pull this off. These signs indicate that the offer put forth by 9-2 from the Glazers viewpoint is not very competitive, they have fallen out with the financial advisor handling the auction, etc.

(b) If true — that would — leave us with Ineos bid. From my viewpoint, the general view of Ineos bid is full of misconception and based on more or less incorrect propaganda.

The Ineos bid is based on a common standardized transaction form that has been an option from Day 1. A private takeover with an earnout mechanism.

—> Against this background, is it wise to continue a full scale attack on Ineos labeling Ineos an enemy of the fans and what not?

I am not saying in any way, shape or form that we should rule out 9-2. If forced to bet the house on any of the bidders, I would face a lot of anxiety to pick a candidate. But I am the worrying type, that does have vast experience of large public M&A transactions, and the current lay of the land does worry me as a life long die hard fan of this club.
I've not seen anything from any worthy source that questions 92F ability to complete this deal - stories about disagreement with Raine don't mean much. Not unusual for buyer and seller to talk direct by this point in the process, the intermediary will be paid either way.
The main point against them seem to be that they want 100% or nothing, which might not be what the Glazers want.

Obviously the biggest issue many fans have with the reported INEOS bid is that one or more Glazers will remain shareholders (and possibly board members) plus they have not made the same commitment to clear the club debts that 92F have.

Personally that doesnt bother me too much, since the Glazers would lose control of the club and not be involved in decision making - there is no way anyone is paying billions and not having full control.
However, my bigger issue with INEOS is the poor performance and management of their other football teams.

In any case, it is not currently clear why there has been no further news on the takeover, many assumed that something would happen after the cup final.
My guess is that there is in internal split in the Glazer family and that they can't agree on which bid to move forward with, some probably want out ASAP with others wanting to hold on in hope of higher pay out in the future.

JagUTD

Finally! Sick of all these foreground talks that have been going on.

AneRu

Like I said, all 6 don't seem to have their mind set on one thing. Based on the recent FT article, it seems even the 4 (who previously wanted to sell) are looking for an option to stay, thus INEOS providing an option of a structure that allows all 6 to stay while INEOS has a controlling stake. It is anyone's guess if it will work or not but again, all that matters in what Glazers want, not what INEOS or SJ wants.
I don't think the four want to stay as such but they just don't want the other two making more at their expense, if Jim is going to pay 300m in top, for example, they too want a piece of it. They way I see it, the Qatar offer is simple for all six hence them keeping the door open to Jassim in the hope that he will hit the magic number that all of them are comfortable with.

What I worry about, wrt Sir Jim's bid is the potential for the club to be stuck in limbo whilst the seven different owners with divergent interests fight it out until the Glazers are completely bought out and feck off. They will surely want some safeguards to their interests, something which enables them to have a say even if they aren't in control and they will insist on some sort of mechanism that allows them to have a say.

Because if they allow SJR to simply take control having used circa 3b to get it he will have some money left over that he, as the majority shareholder will simply use to invest in the club, increase his shareholding whilst diluting theirs and reach a point where he owns enough of the club to effect policy changes that will just drive the Glazers into irrelevance. Having done that he could use the small print in whatever agreement he would have reached with them to avoid buying their shares.

stw2022

Romano is having to keep filming his 'Ratcliffe is the winner' and 'Qatar owns United' alternative YouTube videos every week now in case his hair length looks too different in then compared to his other videos

AneRu

He is not considered part of the Royal family, specially after his dad was removed from the state 10 years ago.
He represented Qatari interests in Credit Suisse, chairs a bank that's owned 37% by the state. You don't get to do that unless you are one of the 'in' guys. What I suspect is that he was chosen because the perceived distance from the branch in power which won't jeopardize either of Man Utd or PSG with Uefa.

tufapshakur

Understand Glazers deliberations are going on in the background about accepting the highest offer: regarding potential sale of Man Utd.......

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Someone's upset that their AI generated sheikh still hasn't paid up the 6 billion.
Not upset but I'd prefer if the circlejerking over the same type of 'witty' joke was limited to every 50 pages at best.

nainaisson

Some journalist said, I'm not sure who, that Sheikh Jassim hadn't heard back from the Glazers/Raine since his latest bid. So, if they're actually talking now, that's progress... I guess.

strandty

Last beacon of hope for the Glazers regards the Super League maybe coming back seemingly dead

dacore

"The same procedure as last year, Mr(s) Glazer?"
"The same procedure as every year, *insert buyers name*!"

Chief123

Hang on... The Glazers are in talks with two parties for the potential sale of Man United?
Apparently the Glazers have been giving the bidders the cold shoulder. Discussions have been icy so far but they are meeting tomorrow to hopefully break the ice.

DownRiver

C’mon you Qataris, you must be so jealous that Saudi Arabia will eclipse you as the dominant Arab country in football. Give it it another bid why don’t ya…

RedDevilRoshi

Didn’t Jamie tweet yesterday that both Jassim &
Ratcliffe were being kept in the dark? Now he’s stating that they are both being kept informed of the situation in the background.

It reminds me of Mark Goldbridge when he releases a new video on YouTube with a misleading headline that Qatar has won the bidding war or Ineos have won the bidding war or we have signed a player after being linked with him in the Metro.

JagUTD

Warning, you may not like but you can swallow the bitter pill now or later. Yasir Al-Rumayyan in 24 months has bought Newcastle and taken over Golf none of this is going to end well folks.
I was going to ask why none of the oil states haven't just tried to buy the Premier League and it reminded me that luckily the league is owned by the 20 member clubs at any one time. This also plays into the other on going issue with City and how ultimately their fate will come down to the other 19 clubs.

It's a sad state of affairs though watching the world of sport slowly become the play thing of a few ultra wealthy individuals. I can see a lot of breakaways in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.