Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I've not seen anything from any worthy source that questions 92F ability to complete this deal - stories about disagreement with Raine don't mean much. Not unusual for buyer and seller to talk direct by this point in the process, the intermediary will be paid either way.
The main point against them seem to be that they want 100% or nothing, which might not be what the Glazers want.

Obviously the biggest issue many fans have with the reported INEOS bid is that one or more Glazers will remain shareholders (and possibly board members) plus they have not made the same commitment to clear the club debts that 92F have.

Personally that doesnt bother me too much, since the Glazers would lose control of the club and not be involved in decision making - there is no way anyone is paying billions and not having full control.
Here is one thing I object to, "The main point against them seem to be that they want 100% or nothing, which might not be what the Glazers want".

"Everyone" on social media is saying this, but Ineos will also buy all of the Glazers shares. Its very odd that someone would think that Ineos wouldn't buy all of the Glazers shares, why would they want to stay on as minority owners? It seems overwhelmingly likely that Ineos hasn't been prepared to pay what the Glazers wants, and they have comprised with Ineos paying more, but over time. This is also covered by FT, stating "The structure of Ratcliffe’s bid means that he can part with less capital up front." Several independent sources are talking about put- and call options, which is a typical earn-out arrangement. It is very common in M&A, especially in certain sectors.

This is what the FT is saying:

Is it unclear?

Where is the talk coming from that Ineos wouldn't buy all of the Glazers shares within the coming years? Mark Goldbridge at United Stand? Is he more credible than Financial Times? To be frank, there is just so much pure gibberish out there right now. As a United fan, I just think that is dangerous.

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Someone on here made a great point that the Qatari bid will win, if they dont then they will appear weak in the business world for not being able to complete the purchase.
Losing a bidding war publicly isnt good for the image.

JagUTD

Here is one thing I object to, "The main point against them seem to be that they want 100% or nothing, which might not be what the Glazers want".

"Everyone" on social media is saying this, but Ineos will also buy all of the Glazers shares. Its very odd that someone would think that Ineos wouldn't buy all of the Glazers shares, why would they want to stay on as minority owners? It seems overwhelmingly likely that Ineos hasn't been prepared to pay what the Glazers wants, and they have comprised with Ineos paying more, but over time. Several independent sources are talking about put- and call options, which is a typical earn-out arrangement. It is very common in M&A, especially in certain sectors.

Is it unclear?

Where is the talk coming from that Ineos wouldn't buy all of the Glazers shares within the coming years? Mark Goldbridge at United Stand? Is he more credible than Financial Times? To be frank, there is just so much pure gibberish out there right now. As a United fan, I just think that is dangerous.
Goldbridge would be a step up from the origin of most of the misunderstanding and in some cases, downright ignorance. He's just put it out to a wider audience but it's usually come from the most random, obscure Twitter accounts.

That SJR will buy the Glazers out entirely has never been in doubt or up for debate. A few of us have tried to make this clear, explaining the two separate offers on the table, but it's fallen on deaf ears or, maybe it's blurry eyes given the format.

To many have got themselves worked up on the basis of false information and decided that rather than consider they might be wrong, they've chosen to entrench themselves instead.

Amarsdd

"Everyone" on social media is saying this, but Ineos will also buy all of the Glazers shares. Its very odd that someone would think that Ineos wouldn't buy all of the Glazers shares, why would they want to stay on as minority owners? It seems overwhelmingly likely that Ineos hasn't been prepared to pay what the Glazers wants, and they have comprised with Ineos paying more, but over time. This is also covered by FT, stating "The structure of Ratcliffe’s bid means that he can part with less capital up front." Several independent sources are talking about put- and call options, which is a typical earn-out arrangement. It is very common in M&A, especially in certain sectors.

Is it unclear?

Fearmongering works, simple. Its to push the idea of SJR colluding with Glazers and in some sections even the idea that SJR is helping Glazers keep control of the club.

JagUTD

Someone on here made a great point that the Qatari bid will win, if they dont then they will appear weak in the business world for not being able to complete the purchase.
Yeh, this is exactly the image I and I imagine others have of Qatar and the other oil states.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Would Qatar want to be seen as weak in the same week that Saudi basically forced the PGA tour to their knees?

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
A lot of people have speculated this to be true in the last 1500+ pages to be fair

Nori-

The news today that discussions are ongoing is really positive.

I was fully expecting a SJR announcement at the start of this week but the fact they're still negotiating means the Qataris are still in this race. It could just be the case that the Glazers are dragging this out for as long as possible to get their magical $6b figure.

It could mess up this summer transfer window but we are talking about securing the future of this club.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
After the events of today, I am more anti-state-ownership than ever before.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Fearmongering works, simple. Its to push the idea of SJR colluding with Glazers and in some sections even the idea that SJR is helping Glazers keep control of the club.
Yeah, and its not like I mind propaganda per se, its used to put pressure on Glazer and what not. Build the club's stature. I think Goldbridge has his heart in the right place.

But what does not add up to me is this -- with the Glazers of course not staying -- in any other capacity than minority shareholders during an earn-out period before Ineos buys their remaining shares -- the notion that Goldbridge likes to spread that Ratcliffe only is in the lead (if those reports are true) because he allows the Glazers to stay -- is exposed for what it is, in all likelihood nonsense.

According to all the reports, more or less unanimous, 9-2's bid is up towards 5bn. That pays the Glazers 2.9bn. Ineos bid is reported to also be low, but a little higher for the Glazers than 9-2's bid, i.e. 3.45bn for the Glazers. Right? Correct me if I am unaware of any report saying anything else.

Unless all reports are wrong, this would mean that 9-2's offer more or less is Chelsea money. Right? Boehly got Chelsea for 2.5bn, with a pledge to invest 1.75bn. The Glazers will only care about what they get, they will not care one bit what 9-2 does with the club after 9-2 bought it. Hence the only relevant number is 2.9bn, because that is what the Glazers would be getting. And we must all be able to agree that if these reports are not incorrect -- that is a pretty "meh" offer that its not surprising that the Glazers have turned down. We are a much bigger club than Chelsea. Right?

So against this background -- what is the purpose of creating an extremely hostile environment towards Ineos? I don't think the Glazers ever where going to accept just 2.9bn. If Ineos pulls out tomorrow, there seem to be an overwhelming risk that the Glazers wouldn't accept 9-2's offer, but instead hold out for a higher offer. Its like some is believing their own propaganda.

Strats

This is getting ridiculous. The longer this drags on the more it feels like the Glazers will stay on in some capacity.

As someone else stated somewhere in the thread; Normally you'd act civilised and keep your mouth shut if you saw someone you heavily dislike on the street. Don't think it would be possible to refrain myself from being vocal if i'd see Joel or Avram. Absolute cretins of human beings.

George The Best

Is it unclear?

The difference is that Ineos will buy the Glazer’s shares over time, but SJ/Qatar will buy 100% of the shares asap

NotThatSoph

Not upset but I'd prefer if the circlejerking over the same type of 'witty' joke was limited to every 50 pages at best.
I agree, it runs the risk of getting repetitive.

Just noticed Spuds' stadium has Ineos Grenadier as sponsors for the bench seats. Jimmy Brexit really loves his football
I wouldn't argue with the Brexit Brigade. Anything related to the Qatar bid that lends it credibility is discarded (e.g. see this conversion you're having) and anything that would damage Jimmy Brexit's chances in the eyes of the fans (the way his Ineos team has failed at Nice and Lausanne) is apparently irrelevant.
Well, can't see the Glazers leaving if the valuation is below Ratcliffe, unless Brexit Jim's money won't be paid up front like the Qatari's.
Even closer to the Solskjaer equivalent of ownership.

Trying to convince the rabid top reds anything we get wrong can be related to Brexit Jimmy will be worse than that loser we had as a manager.

I still hope Qatar come in with last-minute because 10 years of shit play and winning feck all does not make me excited to see what some Brexit Boomer can do in another 10 years. Just yuck.
Well, that's us done if it's true. Depressing but all the local lads fans will be sure to celebrate Brexit style.
Yup, puke-worthy stuff. Will struggle to care about us since we've been consigned to mediocrity by the Glazers cnuts and the Brexit rat.
You see what these cnuts have caused over the past 15 years, so for me anyone who keeps them at the club can feck off as well.

That is without considering any of the other disadvantages that come with Jimmy Brexit.
Glazers probably stay with Brexit Ratt but we never had an issue with a thing called dept
Don't bother, these 'ard Brexit types just think water is dry until you prove otherwise and somehow that works in their mind.
We're running a sport club though, are we? The main objective of the last 10 years has been the Glazer family well-being and comfort and ensuring even 10 generations down the line, they won't be lacking for anything.

Yet keeping these cnuts in place is A-OK because a Boomer Brexiteer will apparently have control.
This is most probably a bullshit story but it's the most logical thing to happen.

But hey, at least Jimmy Brexit might attend a game of the team he supports from time to time.
This whole serious point is a misnomer. You either win the race (get United) or you might as well be 5th, 6th or 7th in the process. Same as the league (beyond CL qualification).

And this would apply to us if Brexit Jim buys us. We will compete, his Brexit fans will be happy with the plucky United label and City, Newcastle and whoever Qatar (as I eventually believe they will) buy will keep racking up titles.

And frankly (and this is the for anti-Qatar folk), the bullshit about sustainability can go to hell. We live one life and waiting another 20 years, so we marginally miss out on the title in the style of Arsenal this season has to be the most pathetic attitude I've ever witnessed. It's literally the same dumb argument as Brexit - we'll ruin your life but in 20 years it could be better but we cannot promise anything.
Funny how some of you here were full on Glazers out but now that Jimmy Brexit has done his best snake impression, it's all acceptable.

I'd have loved to see the reaction the other way round
I would somewhat agree but we've seen this fanbase is happy with crumbs, so as long as Jimmy Brexit gets control, most would get in line. Pathetic but that's how it is.
This is why the Glazers (or two of them) staying is a non-starter for me.

Even if Ratcliffe has the majority, they'll probably still want a stake and some kind of voice, even if not the final say.

Keeping the people that literally have brought the club to its knees should be a ln automatic non-starter for any United fan but apparently it's all good if Jimmy Brexit has control and the Glazer duo of cnuts get to stay.
Now, that's truly pathetic.

Of course you will be. Brexit Brigade assemble.
While I get your scepticism and my excitement for Ineos as new owners won't be anywhere near as it is with Qatar, there really is no comparison.

The only 'benefit' of the Glazers staying on their own in my opinion is the distinct possibility they'll have to sell fully in the next 5 years latest while if Jimmy Brexit gets his hands on us, our competitiveness for the next decade or even more is gone.
Proper Brexit post.
If ever there was doubt we need a massive injection of money on- and off-field. Do not want to hear about any Brexiteer snake oil salesman with his bullshit organic local whatever
FTFY.

Yup, refinancing is apparently the same as repayment now.

I love how the Jimmy Brexit gang latch onto these stupid statements without considering the real-world impact on the club.

Fair enough you don't want us to be state-owned but be honest and clear this means the debt stays or even grows with the acquisition
Oh, he definitely doesn't come across as the most clued-in on the deal here but there is an element on here that whenever anything gets posted from the social media side is quick to not just criticise but call names. Listening to them, you'd think some of these guys are the devil. They also are first to pass judgment if you offend their sensibilities.

Some (a lot actually) of these same people are pushing for Ratcliffe in such an unashamed way it's unbelievable hypocrisy. Proper Brexit gammon stuff.
Great attitude. Reminds me of the ones calling for OGS to get time because eventually, in some other time, things would be better.

Proper Brexit logic.
Anyone arguing we'll get close to this City side on thoughts and prayers needs a reality check.

What's the closest we've been to City since Pep arrived? Probably his first year and then we've been miles behind in every single season.

Saying they've won the title by the odd point in years where Liverpool would have walked it in any other 'normal' season completely glosses over the fact we ourselves scrapped through to win our treble while they're crusing to theirs this season and could realistically go for it next season (not win it but just stating this is crazy).

Using exceptions to make a point about long-sustained dominance is ironic, given it's the fact people have to pull examples out of their backside just to make a case for us challenging, let alone beating City which just proves how much of an uphill battle we're facing with Jimmy Brexit in charge.

Qatar or irrelevance is literally the choice.
It's funny, isn't it?

Qatar are competing on equal footing, business-wise and the Brexit Brigade then laugh at them for it. If they went nuclear and offered £7bn, then the narrative will shift the other way. It's almost like we have some of the Sun writers on here.

Another thing people in the UK/West might also not get is that even if it's an individual bid (with some backing from the Qatar government but not really the same way as City, PSG and Newcastle), people from Qatar will still think of it as a Qatar bid.

They pride themselves on the achievements of their country and countrymen in a way most British people don't associate with their country. Does anyone celebrate because Ratcliffe's (or any other billionaire's) teams win or lose? So there's a bit of cultural misunderstanding and some of these people are very happy to consciously indulge in it, very much in the way the Sun and the Mail push their narrative.

wangyu

If they end up still at man utd next season things could get really vocal and potentially ugly I guess

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Is it unclear?

The point is that Jim wouldn't buy all the shares NOW - no one thinks he will be minority, but 51% is possible.
Which is a long way from the full 100% sale that 92F want.

And it means the Glazers would continue to profit from the club for potentially several years. Many fans expected them gone forever by last Easter so this doesn't go down well.

RVN1991

This place is sadder than the FDJ thread. It will probably end in tears as well sadly.

Michael T

On a good day, I like to imagine the deal is done; but the Glazers, in their magnanimity, have agreed with the new owners to keep it quiet until all our transfer dealings are done, without the club getting fleeced.

sparx99

Yeah, and its not like I mind propaganda per se, its used to put pressure on Glazer and what not. Build the club's stature. I think Goldbridge has his heart in the right place.

But what does not add up to me is this -- with the Glazers of course not staying -- in any other capacity than minority shareholders during an earn-out period before Ineos buys their remaining shares -- the notion that Goldbridge likes to spread that Ratcliffe only is in the lead (if those reports are true) because he allows the Glazers to stay -- is exposed for what it is, in all likelihood nonsense.

According to all the reports, more or less unanimous, 9-2's bid is up towards 5bn. That pays the Glazers 2.9bn. Ineos bid is reported to also be low, but a little higher for the Glazers than 9-2's bid, i.e. 3.45bn for the Glazers. Right? Correct me if I am unaware of any report saying anything else.

Unless all reports are wrong, this would mean that 9-2's offer more or less is Chelsea money. Right? Boehly got Chelsea for 2.5bn, with a pledge to invest 1.75bn. The Glazers will only care about what they get, they will not care one bit what 9-2 does with the club after 9-2 bought it. Hence the only relevant number is 2.9bn, because that is what the Glazers would be getting. And we must all be able to agree that if these reports are not incorrect -- that is a pretty "meh" offer that its not surprising that the Glazers have turned down. We are a much bigger club than Chelsea. Right?

So against this background -- what is the purpose of creating an extremely hostile environment towards Ineos? I don't think the Glazers ever where going to accept just 2.9bn. If Ineos pulls out tomorrow, there seem to be an overwhelming risk that the Glazers wouldn't accept 9-2's offer, but instead hold out for a higher offer. Its like some is believing their own propaganda.
I'm not sure any of the reporting or figures can be trusted to be honest. There are so many variables and agendas involved.

That being said I'm not sure why SJ wouldn't just make an offer for the Glazers 69% above SJR offer and then just buy the stock market shares at a later date.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I agree, it runs the risk of getting repetitive.
You need to learn the definition of a joke. All of these posts are ontopic but please keep spouting nonsense, there's certainly a willing audience for it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The name calling in here is like playground stuff.
Nah, you help support Brexit and all it’s done to this country, you get labelled for it.

If he’s successful in buying Utd, he will be known as ‘Brexit Jim’, ‘Sir Rat’ etc by Utd and oppo fans alike, I assure you.

So probably best to get used to it tbh.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Nah, you help support Brexit and all it’s done to this country, you get labelled for it.

If he’s successful in buying Utd, he will be known as ‘Brexit Jim’, ‘Sir Rat’ etc by Utd and oppo fans alike, I assure you.

So probably best to get used to it tbh.
Doesn’t make it any less pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.