Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Sounds like they actually do prefer selling to Qatar after all, for a whole host of reasons that would be financially beneficial to the family's future fortunes.
Yeah that’s what I get from it today.

Anyways I just want some closure to this circus sooner rather than later. It’s dragged on for too long now.

Rojofiam

This was one month ago. They just got the news now that this happened.

BBC reporting it and no paywall.
You know what...let them think this happened today or this week, the meltdown will be funnier that way.

mu4c_20le

This was one month ago. They just got the news now that this happened.

BBC reporting it and no paywall.
To be fair, Orny does not mention the contact was made over a month ago so it does feel a bit naughty from him...

Tiber

Suddenly lots of briefing against Qatar today...its very encouraging

Skills

Snitch
Nasser: Hello!
Avram: Hello Nasser, its me Avram Glazer, you remember me?
Nasser: Yes, yes, how can I help you?
Avram: listen man, you know Jassim?
Nasser: I met him few times.
Avram: Can you please talk to him to up his bid.
Nasser: I will try.
Avram: Thanks Nasser and Rashfooooord (ici c'est Manchesterrrrrr).
Naser, hangs up.

Did people really believe this?
:lol:

Austinho

Either way it’s leaning towards the Glazers want Qatar to takeover and are testing the waters for more money.
My theory is that Qatar came in at the start with a lower bid believing 1) the Glazers wanted/needed to sell outright after the failed Super League debacle 2) the Glazers couldn't afford to stay and redevelop Old Trafford etc and 3) the fans desperately wanted the Glazers out and they didn’t have a leg to stand on.

I think the Glazers are fabricating this whole ‘oh actually, Avram and Joel love the club and want to stay’ angle in an attempt to increase Qatar’s bid and have been stringing Jim Ratcliffe along to make it look like they are committed. Cue Avram turning up to cup finals to give the illusion of him being invested in staying. Why would anyone put the club up for sale and then act like they always wanted to stay?

Qatar in turn have been calling their bluff this whole time, knowing they are the only ones who can truely afford the club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Nasser: Hello!
Avram: Hello Nasser, its me Avram Glazer, you remember me?
Nasser: Yes, yes, how can I help you?
Avram: listen man, you know Jassim?
Nasser: I met him few times.
Avram: Can you please talk to him to up his bid.
Nasser: I will try.
Avram: Thanks Nasser and Rashfooooord (ici c'est Manchesterrrrrr).
Naser, hangs up.

Did people really believe this?
Clearly doesn’t happen like that, but it’s not too far outside the realms of possibility that contacting him happened

Remember the geese

No.

Jassim was so incompetent the Glazers actually had to go to his handler and ask him to explain how you actually negotiate.

He then returned with another bid, roughly the same as the last one and still lower than the other guy.
Ah, I see. That puts a different light on things. The involvement of the PSG owner is a surprising twist. Although perhaps not for the cynically minded.

BarstoolProphet

You guys in are in so deep with this you can't see the woods for the trees.
Yeah, agree. The childishness from both sides have increased tenfolds now. Gloating if one bid wins over the other, when both bids have major red flags attached for several reasons, is completely baffling. Saying stuff like Brexit Jim and hoping Qatar bid wins = would also support Pol Pot ownership. Sigh.

MDFC Manager

The article is somewhat interesting in the way it is structured, it tells more about the dynamic between each parties than anything else. From what I understand:

- Sheikh Jassim isn't directly involved in the talks with the Glazers or Raine, he lets his negotiation team handle these.
- Sheikh Jassim asked Al Khelaifi's opinion on the Glazer's evaluation of the club which is 8b$.(We don't know what Al Khelaifi opinion was)
- Al Khelaifi was then contacted by the Glazers in an attempt to convince him to talk to Sheikh Jassim.
- Al Khelaifi met the Glazers in Florida this week.

Who is Al Khelaifi working for, the Glazers or Sheikh Jassim? If we believe Ornstein, the Glazer learned that Al Khelaifi had Sheikh Jassim ears and they are trying to use it to get more money, seemingly without success.
Also explains why SJ team is speaking directly with Glazers?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Also explains why SJ team is speaking directly with Glazers?
That's true, I forgot about the previous meltdown on the caf. If Ornstein is correct then that move probably comes from the Glazers.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Feels like a massive wind up at the moment. Talks of rounds, bids, final bids, final bids that aren't final bids. Every day this drags on makes you wonder if the Glazers are agreed on selling or not.

RedDevilUnited369

The Glazers couldn't care less if its Qatar, Ineos, or Father Christmas that buys the club - they want the largest amount of money possible - currently, that's being offered by Ineos.
I would say it’s clear that is true, but they want the money now which is why they want SJ to up his bid.

It makes no sense to wait three years for what is essentially £700m when they could get billions now, make investments and literally make £700m+ EVERY YEAR for the next three years.

el3mel

Are Qatar finally pulling it ? Please be it.

I have no doubt in my mind Qatar will make United a force to be reckoned with within 2-3 years minimum.

Meanwhile that other guy will be just Glazers mk 2 or even worse.

GoldanoGraham

Been offline all day - seen some clickbait in my Twitter feed but nothing else - is there anything to report on? Or is it just the usual wild speculation?

Amsterdam Devil

That’s nothing alike. Those smaller clubs are used to enhance everything back to Manchester City as feeder clubs we’ve seen them loan players and even staff for experience etc

Nice wasn’t bought to be a feeder club they’re currently his biggest footballing asset it’s a completely different situation
And their fans are not unhappy with what they are doing at Nice it seems according to the Athletic. So why are you unhappy about Nice then?

GreatDane

I'm convinced that the Glazers are just doing their own Randolph and Mortimer from Trading Places impression to see how much they can feck with people.

Rojofiam

Been offline all day - seen some clickbait in my Twitter feed but nothing else - is there anything to report on? Or is it just the usual wild speculation?
The only "development" from today was that approximately 1 month ago the Glazers contacted El-Khelaifi in order to see if he can persuide Jassim into making a higher bid.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Still think beef is better than mutton.
Mutton is more good than beef but there's more good beef cuts than there are good mutton cuts but the best mutton cuts are more good than most beef cuts except the best beef cuts, which are goodest.

Spoony

The People's President
Mutton is more good than beef but there's more good beef cuts than there are good mutton cuts but the best mutton cuts are more good than most beef cuts except the best beef cuts, which are goodest.
Yeah but a lamb burger just doesn't taste right. It's good. But not as good as beef. Surely goat's better than lamb?

LordSpud

I honestly see the breakthrough coming tomorrow eve or Sun/Mon. Our PR guys will want to take as much of the shine away as possible from the City treble.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yeah but a lamb burger just doesn't taste right. It's good. But not as good as beef. Surely goat's better than lamb?
Lamb is the best meet by far….followed closely by Duck, then chicken and then beef.

georgipep

I get what you're saying mate and fair play to stinking to your principles

But you can find fault in absolutely anything from the oil you use in your car to the cloths that are made in indian sweatshops and you're phones that are made in China

I just want to enjoy football I'm not going that deep.
And regular Germans were just enjoying the economic boom, didn't go too deep into all the killing. If you get my point.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I honestly see the breakthrough coming tomorrow eve or Sun/Mon. Our PR guys will want to take as much of the shine away as possible from the City treble.
Glazers control timing, not PR of our club and they have no upside to time it offsetting Citys treble, they dont care ... I think it will rage on for some time yet with nothing more than drips along the way

Status
Not open for further replies.