g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Don't think there were any, but there are plenty who just follow success. You wonder if we started winning big again if some of those City fans would crawl back to us again.
I have no doubts, Glory Hunters have no shame.

I know one guy who 'supported' Arsenal and Celtic. Then liked Barcelona because Henry went there, then one day claimed he'd always been a Barca fan. He's Irish but supports Argentina and the last time I saw him he had a PSG shirt on and now 'likes' PSG because Messi went there. He's 40 :lol:

It's a very real phenomena.

croadyman

I hope I'm wrong but I think there's at least a week to go yet. Both bidders have reached their maximum, but the Glazers will still try and squeeze some more out before selling. Qatar announced their last bid was final, so the Glazers have had to play it cool for a bit. Their next step will be to leak that the Ineos bid is slightly preferable, even though it isn't, and they are close to agreeing it. Qatar will play it cool for a while and then re-state that their final bid was indeed their final bid, but that it is still on the table. The Glazers will play it cool a bit longer, then accept they can't get any more and agree. Qatar, end of next week. If there is anything in this theory we can expect stories about how the Ineos bid is better quite soon.
Jeez another week of this is gonna be tough,wasn't so bad during the season with games to distract but now it feels much slower

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I posted this to someone else before and never got a reply. For those discussing the migrant workers issue, have you read through some of the accounts written by said workers? Some of the things I’ve read were absolutely horrific.
Have you read about the atrocities in British colonies for hundreds of years? You will find them a tad more horrific. Before you say the British govt is not buying us, I am just saying pot kettle black. Every country, corporation, billionaire is tainted/ evil. Unless Rainbow Unicorn Inc of Lalaland buys us, we will be in dirty hands. You can keep arguing on the extent of dirt but the point stays. United has almost been run to the ground. I mean negative owner contribution of 145 mils? Those are the numbers which should scare to as supporters of the club. Exploitation of the weak and the poor is as old as humanity itself.

NotThatSoph

You would be very surprised the facts that they have the funds ready to be transferred state otherwise according to Ben Jacobs anyway.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's a state bid, after all, so they can use cash income from e.g. their gas trading. If it was a private bid, then they would have to either use loans, bonds, or sell other assets first.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
A state bid is a state bid, that is my point.

Abu Dabhi, Saudi and Qatar didn't need to pose as an individual to get ownership of the club.

So why is it a fact that this is a state bid?
1. It's hard to imagine a Qatari consortium (comprised of Qatari money men) that genuinely operates independently of the state/the emir, i.e. has no more direct/meaningful ties to the state than, say, the Glazers have to the US government.

2. Qatar already own PSG. The rules may change, but per now the same "entity" can't own two teams in one and the same competition (i.e. the CL in this case).

Partridge

Basically you're like 95% of the supporters of the club who support the club but don't buy a shirt etc on an annual basis, and 99.9% of global fans who can't attend any games (and if you did attend games the demand for tickets is that high United wouldn't miss you attending to be honest - we sell out during the glazer era, we'll sell out every match whoever the next owners are).

Not pathetic, just means you're a normal supporter like the majority of fans

note. % made up on the spot
Actually, it use to be the opposite. I attended games where I could for around 15 years, and bought alot of merch...anyway, my heart remains with the club..

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

I know one guy who 'supported' Arsenal and Celtic. Then liked Barcelona because Henry went there, then one day claimed he'd always been a Barca fan. He's Irish but supports Argentina and the last time I saw him he had a PSG shirt on and now 'likes' PSG because Messi went there. He's 40 :lol:

I dont think there's a great deal wrong with it, if you are a casual fan that watches games for fun.

But its weird from a tribalism point of view, I've always supported United and I can't support anyone else.

I have always followed Inter since R9 and Barca though so I have a team I "support" in every major league in europe but more I'm pleased if they win, but I dont own shirts or actively watch every game for non-united.

I did watch every barca game with Ronaldinho and Messi, but now i dont care so much. I also watched every CR7 game.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
You want Ratcliffe Sults? I’m really shocked at that.

I don’t think what you’re worried about would happen btw - if 92 Foundation turned out to be a crap ownership (which I really don’t think they will), I don’t think people would start racially abusing them on the terraces, and if they did they’d get lifetime bans.

I do however think that with a Qatari ownership of Man Utd, the scrutiny of human rights in the ME would go up exponentially. But the same would have to be levelled at City and Newcastle, by the media I mean.
I'm not particularly bothered as long as a few critical ingredients are sorted (debt, infrastructure, management). I'm far from convinced about Sir Jim. Jassim is a favourite with most fans due to the perceived likelihood of finances being easily made available for the things I have mentioned. Basically, not very much we can do about who takes over we don't have a say either way. Just hope we don't have another scenario where another club was formed on the back of the Glazer takeover and lost some of the best and most loyal fans.

My ownership preference has always been German style.

romufc

1. It's hard to imagine a Qatari consortium (comprised of Qatari money men) that genuinely operates independently of the state/the emir, i.e. has no more direct/meaningful ties to the state than, say, the Glazers have to the US government.

2. Qatar already own PSG. The rules may change, but per now the same "entity" can't own two teams in one and the same competition (i.e. the CL in this case).

1. So you are happy for SJR to take money of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. JP who have recently had to pay 200m for facilitating abuse to underage girls but are not okay with Jassim taking money of the state? The hypocricy is beyond me here

2. Qatar own PSG and rules need changing, so those rules wont apply to Nice and Manutd? again hypocricy.

stevoc

If they are glory hunters they can’t be very good ones and should have jumped ship 10 years ago. There is a difference between being a glory hunter and wanting your club to win things and be successful. I would hope every fan falls into that second category regardless of who you want the owners to be.
Well yes and no. In the strictest sense yes it refers to someone who changes teams every few years based on who's winning.

But for me it can also mean someone who started supporting a team because they were consistently successful like United were under Ferguson. A lot of these folks become genuine die hard United fans who could never switch support. For others who would I'd say we've been just successful enough post SAF to retain most of them.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Complete and utter nonsense. Have you ever been to Qatar? Talked to any person from there, know a businessmen from there? As for referring to the whole nations as "primitive cultures", I hope you will be banned.
Saudi Arabia has people publicly lashed, beheaded and even crucified for challenging the state or the religion. If that's not a primitive culture I don't know what is.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Of course it's down to Pep, but if Liverpool had the extra £500m or so net City have spent then they could've bought the same level of rotation for the attack City have, and one of those two 1 point deficits in the league could very likely have been overturned.

That's the only point I'm making - Klopp did almost as well with a far lower budget - do we honestly think Klopp with the same budget would not do as well if not better?

That's the benefit of being able to sign the likes of Kalvin Phillips for £50m and forgetting he's there. Signing Grealish for £100m. What you need, you get at City because they have unlimited money. Not the case at well run non oil clubs like Liverpool.
Our spending is close to that of City, so we're all good then?

NotThatSoph

A state bid is a state bid, that is my point.

Abu Dabhi, Saudi and Qatar didn't need to pose as an individual to get ownership of the club.

So why is it a fact that this is a state bid?
You might want to do a quick google, boss.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
1. So you are happy for SJR to take money of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. JP who have recently had to pay 200m for facilitating abuse to underage girls but are not okay with Jassim taking money of the state? The hypocricy is beyond me here

2. Qatar own PSG and rules need changing, so those rules wont apply to Nice and Manutd? again hypocricy.
Busted :lol:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

They're all state backed, and this is coming from a guy who lived in the middle east for 5 years.

The thing you need to note is the United Arab Emirates is only 51 years old, Qatar is 52. Before that they were Bedouin wandering the desert mostly.

When they struck oil they had immense wealth and there's still very tribal routes with different families even to a point where your surname is a "good name" or bad name in terms of ranking.

The UAE for example sometimes a higher ranking tribe name might not fully respect a military officer because of their tribe name. It's slowly changing but 52 years isn't much for a country like Qatar to fully modernise.

They (Qatar) built literally cities and roads for the WC.

And your name and family history will only go back with the state 52 years, if you have wealth its because of your family has ties to royals or you were put there for some reason at the very beginning.

You didn't get there from hard work or luck. There were no real schools when the country was founded so your grandparents were unlikely to have gone to high-school for example.

But people around Al Thanis age would have been sent to good schools/universities in Europe especially if you are a high ranking official.

For example the sheikh in Dubai went to Cambridge.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

:lol:

stevoc

I dont think there's a great deal wrong with it, if you are a casual fan that watches games for fun.

But its weird from a tribalism point of view, I've always supported United and I can't support anyone else.

I have always followed Inter since R9 and Barca though so I have a team I "support" in every major league in europe but more I'm pleased if they win, but I dont own shirts or actively watch every game for non-united.

I did watch every barca game with Ronaldinho and Messi, but now i dont care so much. I also watched every CR7 game.
Being a casual fan or just a fan of a certain player and following them is fair enough if you're open about it. But this individual I'm talking about claims at various points to have been a die hard, Arsenal, Celtic and Barcelona fan who now watches PSG the last 2 years but rarely Barca. And gets upset when you point he's a glory Hunter.

pocco

loco
Cancelo was a excellent fullback for any attack minded coach before he arrived at City hence I wanted us to sign him from Valencia.

Guardiola was backed with half a billion in his first two years at City and no coach in the history of the EPL has had that sort of backing. Compare that to Klopp's first two summer windows and the difference is huge. Liverpool and Klopp really took advantage of Barcelona's stupidity when Barca shelled out £140m for Coutinho. And with that money, Liverpool bought Allison and Van Dijk.

Guardiola is utilising a positional playstyle which first came to prominence via the Dutch coach Rinus Michels and then Johan Cruyff. And it was through Cruyff that Guardiola benefited and tweaked the concept. And it's that same idea that will be backed by another club through their owners, which will create problems for Mansour and Guardiola imo. You can't implement that idea with a GK as limited as De Gea.
He was, Pep unlocked his potential further. Cancelo didn't set the world alight at Juve and he was all potential until City really. But that's way besides the original point re City and their depth in midfield. In terms of actual midfielders it wasn't and isn't amazing, but Pep's style, tactics and ability to spot potential uses of different players is key.

Pep had £500m in his first two years. ETH had over £200 in his first year. So they might not end up too fast apart in terms of backing, and that's with the Glazers.

romufc

You might want to do a quick google, boss.
I took your advice and used a quick google.

Manchester City is owned by, City Group.

81% is majority owned by Abu Dhabi United Group

Sheikh Mansour, who ownes Abu Dhabi group is the Vice president to the UAE.

Mansour is a member of the boards of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). He is vice chairman of Mubadala Investment Company, the Emirati state-owned sovereign wealth fund.

Now.... using your quick google tools, can you find me where Jassim is part of the ruling body.. not his dad or cousins or friend or brother in law or anyone else.. Jassim.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Hypocrisy? I was answering a question, offering an opinion on why it's not very likely that the bid is not a state bid.

I'm not a fan of Ratcliffe. I have never even attempted to construct any kind of apology for him or his earth destroying company.

I have also pointed out - on several occasions - the, let's say interesting possibility of United and Nice both being in the CL.

Everything is black and white with you people, ain't it?

NotThatSoph

I took your advice and used a quick google.

Manchester City is owned by, City Group.

81% is majority owned by Abu Dhabi United Group

Sheikh Mansour, who ownes Abu Dhabi group is the Vice president to the UAE.

Mansour is a member of the boards of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). He is vice chairman of Mubadala Investment Company, the Emirati state-owned sovereign wealth fund.

Now.... using your quick google tools, can you find me where Jassim is part of the ruling body.. not his dad or cousins or friend or brother in law or anyone else.. Jassim.
Sheikh Mansour is part of the Abu Dhabi government, but he owns City as a private individual. The state is officially not involved, they've been very clear on this. Leaders own things in a private capacity all over the world, here's Joe Biden's house:

That house is not owned by the American government.

pocco

loco
If you do not want Qatari ownership fine. If you lose interest in the club in case Jassim/9-2 foundation succeed in buying it, it is fine too. However, once you start petty, derisory, holier than though remarks regarding posters who do not want the club to be owned by Ratcliffe, be prepared to take the same on your chin.
I'm sure everyone is quaking in their boots over the level of intellectual retort coming their way from the pro Qatar lot. "You own a phone" etc.

croadyman

So Xavi knows Jassim from when he managed team in Qatar,God knows why something from February took so long to come out

romufc

Hypocrisy? I was answering a question, offering an opinion on why it's not very likely that the bid is not a state bid.

I'm not a fan of Ratcliffe. I have never even attempted to construct any kind of apology for him or his earth destroying company.

I have also pointed out - on several occasions - the, let's say interesting possibility of United and Nice both being in the CL.

Everything is black and white with you people, ain't it?
Fair enough, I apologise.

I want us bought out, I favour the Qatar bid because it is what we have wanted in terms of priorities.. get glazers out, remove debt, invest in infrastructure.

If SJR provided with the same offer, then you would say yes, he should be the buyer, but he is planning to keep the Glazers in.

In respects of the 2 clubs, Red Bull own two clubs that play in the CL.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Sheikh Mansour is part of the Abu Dhabi government, but he owns City as a private individual. The state is officially not involved, they've been very clear on this. Leaders own things in a private capacity all over the world, here's Joe Biden's house:

The hint is in the name Sheikh Mansour though, he may own it but his wealth comes from his ranking as a government official

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The latter. They think debt automatically equals the next Glazers. Irrespective of whether the debt is even a liability of the club, which it won't be.
Please give me a run-down on your FS services experience.

You have to be an expert, since you're so confident and all.

Posh Red

Have you read about the atrocities in British colonies for hundreds of years? You will find them a tad more horrific. Before you say the British govt is not buying us, I am just saying pot kettle black. Every country, corporation, billionaire is tainted/ evil. Unless Rainbow Unicorn Inc of Lalaland buys us, we will be in dirty hands. You can keep arguing on the extent of dirt but the point stays. United has almost been run to the ground. I mean negative owner contribution of 145 mils? Those are the numbers which should scare to as supporters of the club. Exploitation of the weak and the poor is as old as humanity itself.
What does any of that have to do with this discussion? Trying to talk to some people in here is mental :lol:

Edit: just to be clear I don’t actually have any strong feelings on who should own the club. But people are being incredibly disingenuous with some of their arguments.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Seriously?

I'm not even going to respond to such a drivel. I can say more but I would rather keep my silence.
You're a good man, no need replying to that.

NotThatSoph

The hint is in the name Sheikh Mansour though, he may own it but his wealth comes from his ranking as a government official
His wealth isn't really relevant because he doesn't own City, Abu Dhabi the state does. But, officially, he is the owner.

romufc

I dont get the relevance of a house? I didnt know that USA has a royal family... wow, I need to type what you typed in google for that.

Can you let me know what I need to type in google to find out the USA royal family ?

Status
Not open for further replies.