Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegadrivePerson

I wonder if the Glazers are seeing what's going on with Saudi Arabia and thinking that they will be able to sell to them for a higher figure than they have currently been offered?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder if the Glazers are seeing what's going on with Saudi Arabia and thinking that they will be able to sell to them for a higher figure than they have currently been offered?
Considering they already own Newcastle I’m going to guess no

MegadrivePerson

They already own Newcastle, mate.
Considering they already own Newcastle I’m going to guess no
I know, but perhaps they think it will go the same way as the golf and Saudi Arabia will end up completely taking over.

We know there's already a link to Chelsea, so it's not completely out of the question.

Looking at it purely from a Glaziers perspective it feels like it might be a bad time to sell now with all the Saudi money coming in to the sport.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know, but perhaps they think it will go the same way as the golf and Saudi Arabia will end up completely taking over.

We know there's already a link to Chelsea, so it's not completely out of the question.

Looking at it purely from a Glaziers perspective it feels like it might be a bad time to sell now with all the Saudi money coming in to the sport.
Alternatively it might be a very good time to sell. If the Saudi’s keep going they could end up creating their own all star super league and the value of the premier league and champions league will plummet if all the stars leave for SA which means MUFC will never be valued higher than it is right now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
they are going away though.. that’s what this entire process is about

I can’t believe so many people are buying this crap about them maybe staying

they are just holding out for more cash
and if they don't get it?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Well, as owners or even bosses, you aren't there for a popularity contest especially when your KPI is to maximise profits.
but no way the profits will be more than the £6bn (of thereabouts) for selling the club - and they'd be free of the interest payments

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Would you care if you were sitting on a billion dollar asset you have no emotional attachment too what others think of it?
a billion dollar asset, with huge interest payments due - or take £6bn: I l know which I'd do

Gandalf

All this mbappe malarky, and I'm here thinking "but what about FFP?" It couldn't happen anyway.
If the Saudi league keeps going the pressure to scrap FFP is going to be enormous. There are clubs in Europe that could compete financially if they were allowed to and if the product on the field starts to become diluted due to a mass exodus of stars to Saudi we will rapidly see UEFA change their stance to prop up the value of the UCL.

stevoc

If the Saudi league keeps going the pressure to scrap FFP is going to be enormous. There are clubs in Europe that could compete financially if they were allowed to and if the product on the field starts to become diluted due to a mass exodus of stars to Saudi we will rapidly see UEFA change their stance to prop up the value of the UCL.
You mean City and PSG?

Gandalf

You mean City and PSG?
Don't forget Newcastle but yes the doped clubs would lead that list although if United were not run by clowns they could too. Once we get past the pearl clutching about FFP, it's primary function at the top level is to stop oil clubs in Europe buying titles which frankly it has miserably failed to do. If as a result of FFP the Saudi League gets all the stars and starts pulling in the big tv deals the opposition to letting the oil clubs off the leash is going to melt away.

Flying high

The Saudi league makes FFP even more important than it was, not less so.

Partridge

Sort of agree with the stars to Saudi stance. Currently, it's attracting the "final pay day" lot with a couple of exceptions. San maximin (understandable why he would go) being the latest. If they start to attract younger stars, that's going to be an issue.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't forget Newcastle but yes the doped clubs would lead that list although if United were not run by clowns they could too. Once we get past the pearl clutching about FFP, it's primary function at the top level is to stop oil clubs in Europe buying titles which frankly it has miserably failed to do. If as a result of FFP the Saudi League gets all the stars and starts pulling in the big tv deals the opposition to letting the oil clubs off the leash is going to melt away.
That's the stated function of FFP. In practice its purpose seems to be a revenue stream for UEFA via the fines levied on offending clubs.

Gandalf

Depends on what you think it is for.

FFP does not stop the Saudis inflating spending and leads to a drain on talent from the top European leagues. With Serie A and La Liga having lost a lot of their allure in recent years it is critical that the UCL props up European football. The money on offer from the tv netwroks is goinf to start to diminish if the top players in the world are no longer playing in Europe. It won't happen ovenight but if your choice is allowing City and PSG to buy all the top stars and keep getting those fat UCL deals or maintain financial integrity and watch all the money go to other leagues there won't be that much of a debate.

Flying high

Depends on what you think it is for.

FFP does not stop the Saudis inflating spending and leads to a drain on talent from the top European leagues. With Serie A and La Liga having lost a lot of their allure in recent years it is critical that the UCL props up European football. The money on offer from the tv netwroks is goinf to start to diminish if the top players in the world are no longer playing in Europe. It won't happen ovenight but if your choice is allowing City and PSG to buy all the top stars and keep getting those fat UCL deals or maintain financial integrity and watch all the money go to other leagues there won't be that much of a debate.
FFP will help ensure clubs don't go bust trying to compete with these temporary challenges.

The whole United squad could get sold to Saudi and I still wouldn't watch it. Some people will, but I sincerely doubt the extreme level of funding will last the decades required to build a proper following that even gets close to making financial sense.

stevoc

So without Glazer ownership you think United could make a £260m bid for a player and then pay them hundreds of millions for 1 year?

Gandalf

FFP will help ensure clubs don't go bust trying to compete with these temporary challenges.

The whole United squad could get sold to Saudi and I still wouldn't watch it. Some people will, but I sincerely doubt the extreme level of funding will last the decades required to build a proper following that even gets close to making financial sense.
FFP has failed miserably in this regard so far and in the meantime wealthy owners cannot inject cash into thier clubs because they can only spend revenue. I am not advocating for anything personally but a number of the bigger clubs are already pushing back against FFP and if they begin losing their star assets to another league that will inflame the situation. If FFP stays then you create the perfect environment for the Super League to come back and maybe this time they say the hell with fan protests and being excluded from domestic leagues. If the top 20 clubs quit their domestic leagues do we really think the average punter is going to pay for the channel that shows Brentford vs Forest or the one showing United vs Barca?

Seven Seas Sardines

Sort of agree with the stars to Saudi stance. Currently, it's attracting the "final pay day" lot with a couple of exceptions. San maximin (understandable why he would go) being the latest. If they start to attract younger stars, that's going to be an issue.
ASM and Neves at 26 I'd consider young and not necessarily getting their last big contracts.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Heard from someone relatively connected on the INEOS side.

It’s INEOS , hope to complete by October.

Woziak

Heard from someone relatively connected on the INEOS side.

It’s INEOS , hope to complete by October.
We’ve heard so much ITK Bs, we’ll if that’s the case he needs to find another £1.7bn to buy out the minority share holders by October and I heard from an ITK that both parties are actually struggling to prove proof of funds and more importantly where they are coming from and this is the real reason for the delay not that the Glazers don’t want to sell.

Let’s be completely honest here no one knows FA about the takeover apart from the 6 Glazer Siblings!

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
We’ve heard so much ITK Bs, we’ll if that’s the case he needs to find another £1.7bn to buy out the minority share holders by October and I heard from an ITK that both parties are actually struggling to prove proof of funds and more importantly where they are coming from and this is the real reason for the delay not that the Glazers don’t want to sell.

Let’s be completely honest here no one knows FA about the takeover apart from the 6 Glazer Siblings!
Exactly and to be clear it’s someone from INEOS and I think if you spoke to someone from the 92F side of things they would say they same.

I think more interesting is they said October the earliest.

George The Best

Proof of funds should have been conducted months ago if Raine are any good.

Pes6Monster

I agree. FFP was designed to stop both the financial chicanery of elite clubs and comparatively smaller sides spending beyond their means. It's not particularly failed more arrived far too late.

The Saudi League does not have a continental competition running simultaneously, so the league is the optimum. Cannot see one league championship ruling the roost for top talent. Even the likes of EPL and La Liga depend on the CL.

Heard from someone relatively connected on the INEOS side. It’s INEOS , hope to complete by October.
Can't see it, either.

Proof of funds should have been conducted months ago if Raine are any good.
Could take months to ensure the cash is viable?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If you take a risk free rate at 2% then they miss 38k every day.
So if Jassim’s last bid went in 6 weeks ago, that’s a minimum of almost £1.5m that each of them have basically lost / passed up.

An amount of money that would completely overhaul most people’s lives.

What a bunch of complete fecking wasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.