Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

Exactly and to be clear it’s someone from INEOS and I think if you spoke to someone from the 92F side of things they would say they same.

I think more interesting is they said October the earliest.
He won’t get the chance to find the extra money, because Qatar will soon come in with a ridiculous bid to end this farce once and for all!

Woziak

Proof of funds should have been conducted months ago if Raine are any good.

It looks to me that ETH is saying F….the Glazers and purging the club, he’s clearly trying to restructure the playing staff and looking for a mass clear out to get his own players in that he thinks he can get in for a lot less weekly. For your viewing it has all clubs and only includes First team playing staff ;

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll/

JediSith

He won’t get the chance to find the extra money, because Qatar will soon come in with a ridiculous bid to end this farce once and for all!
It’s very obvious what the Glazers want. And to be honest it’s a mistake from the 92 foundation that the Glazers are exploiting.

The Glazers want some or all of the £1b or whatever that 92 have allocated for the stadium and local development to be put to the bid instead. The Glazers, knowing it’s there, are trying to get them to add that to the bid, I don’t think 92 have an extra billion they can add to the bid without taking away from that.

One final knife in Manchester United from the Glazers. I understand why Sheikh Jassim would have mentioned the £1b plus for stadium and other Manchester & United causes. But as others have stated that doesn’t benefit the Glazers. But they know it’s there and available. Why would they want it spent on something after they’ve sold it when they can try and get it spent on what they are selling ?

It’s like if you’re buying a vintage car. You don’t tell the seller you have £100k set aside to do it up.

spwd

It’s very obvious what the Glazers want. And to be honest it’s a mistake from the 92 foundation that the Glazers are exploiting.

The Glazers want some or all of the £1b or whatever that 92 have allocated for the stadium and local development to be put to the bid instead. The Glazers, knowing it’s there, are trying to get them to add that to the bid, I don’t think 92 have an extra billion they can add to the bid without taking away from that.

One final knife in Manchester United from the Glazers. I understand why Sheikh Jassim would have mentioned the £1b plus for stadium and other Manchester & United causes. But as others have stated that doesn’t benefit the Glazers. But they know it’s there and available. Why would they want it spent on something after they’ve sold it when they can try and get it spent on what they are selling ?

It’s like if you’re buying a vintage car. You don’t tell the seller you have £100k set aside to do it up.

I don't buy that. If that was the case where do you stop? Everyone knows if you're spending 6b you probably have a lot more than that stashed wherever so what's to stop the cnuts asking for 7, 8, 9b? And before anyone suggests that's not realistic, neither is what they're asking for now!

George The Best

Extract from their public Strategic Review announcement:

“This will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment”

laughtersassassin

Real shame how this is seeming to turn out.

False hope is so much worse than the no hope we had before they announced they where considering selling

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Real shame how this is seeming to turn out.

False hope is so much worse than the no hope we had before they announced they where considering selling
True. But they’ve also increased pressure on themselves exponentially.

They can grin and laugh at fans in public all they want but they’re damaging their own asset and dragging their own name through the mud.

They’re the only group coming out of this looking bad, really bad.

They’ve been exploiting the image of Man Utd for 20 years, and they’ve now gone and ruined that very image…

‘All men destroy the things they Love’, so the saying goes. Not saying they ever ‘loved’ Utd, but they certainly loved feeding off of it. Seems like that’s what they’re having hard time cutting the apron strings from.

They may not sell now, but they’ve pushed it too far this time and don’t have the relationship with the fans to turn it ‘round.

Last edited:

JediSith

Extract from their public Strategic Review announcement:

“This will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment”
I think Sheikh Jassim probably wishes he hadn’t had mentioned that. It made no difference to peoples view. No one against perceived state ownership change their mind because of that and those that like the bid were happy with full sale and no debt.

All it’s done is opened the Glazers eyes to another billion that they can try and get their hands on.

putzmcgee123

I don't buy that. If that was the case where do you stop? Everyone knows if you're spending 6b you probably have a lot more than that stashed wherever so what's to stop the cnuts asking for 7, 8, 9b? And before anyone suggests that's not realistic, neither is what they're asking for now!
Yeah, this is one of the funnier theories I hear peddled about. I seriously doubt the Glazers had no idea the Qatari consortium were so deep in the pockets until hearing they had extra money set aside for investment in the club's stadium and infrastructure. It's a ridiculous notion.

I suspect the truth is much closer to: Joel and Avram are incredibly stubborn about budging on whatever valuation(s) they had in mind, they know the Sheikh & Co want the club badly, they know 92F have some serious financial backing, and they know there is no immediate need for them to sell. They can drag it out for months on end.

What I find most irritating (assuming reports about the other 4 Glazers are accurate) is that we are being screwed over by the dual-class share structure and provisions for conversion. Joel and Avram would have no leg to stand on if not for that and are essentially holding the club hostage because there needs to be consensus among the 6 for a change in control of the club to take place.

JediSith

1 million seconds = 11 and a half days.
1 billion seconds = 31.7 YEARS

1 million seconds ago this thread existed as did the majority of the pages.

1 billion seconds ago this site didn’t exist, neither did Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, most of our first team, many members on here, life as you exist.
3 billion seconds = 95 years ago.

That’s how big a billion is. So basically even if they have it, they are not going to be throwing it around willy nilly .

George The Best

I think Sheikh Jassim probably wishes he hadn’t had mentioned that. It made no difference to peoples view. No one against perceived state ownership change their mind because of that and those that like the bid were happy with full sale and no debt.

All it’s done is opened the Glazers eyes to another billion that they can try and get their hands on.
Have to disagree with this, sorry. The Glazer’s have dug a big hole for themselves here. They have publicly stated that they are looking for initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment. In the same statement they also said “serving the best interests of our fans, shareholders” etc.

Right now, as we understand it, there is only one bid on the table that satisfies both of those criteria. The A class shareholders will rightly go ape if they don’t do a deal with Jassim. Do I think he’s right for the club? I don’t honestly know, but the if the Glazer’s don’t keep their word to what they have publicly announced then they could be in real trouble imo.

JediSith

Have to disagree with this, sorry. The Glazer’s have dug a big hole for themselves here. They have publicly stated that they are looking for initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment. In the same statement they also said “serving the best interests of our fans, shareholders” etc.

Right now, as we understand it, there is only one bid on the table that satisfies both of those criteria. The A class shareholders will rightly go ape if they don’t do a deal with Jassim. Do I think he’s right for the club? I don’t honestly know, but the if the Glazer’s don’t keep their word to what they have publicly announced then they could be in real trouble imo.
Would explain why Sheikh J mentioned it in his bid. But it hasn’t had the impact he expected. How many journalist have you heard mention the point you’ve just made? How many fans even ? Until you today. I’ve not heard or read one fan comment the Glazers press release with Sheikh J bid answering what they are looking for.

Appletonred

2003: Gutted that we missed out on Ronaldinho and bought some unknown rookie from Sporting Lisbon....

putzmcgee123

The upside of the public declaration (in theory), is that more attention on the sale = more suitors = a better deal in the end for the Glazers (whether full sale or partial). I think they ran into two issues though, and a bidding war never materialized:

1. They likely already sized up minority stake offers from private equity before the public disclosure but were greeted by unfavourable terms.
  2. The 92F's involvement likely scared off bidders who might have otherwise been interested. Ratcliffe, no stranger to unsuccessfully bidding on a football club, was unfazed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

You think they're taking financial advice from Messi's father?

Yorke to Cole

2003 the year I left high school…good times Shaun Paul and Black Eyed Peas in the charts.
"Crazy in Love" by Beyonce and "Hey Ya" by Outkast. Dirty Den returns to Eastenders.

David Beckham leaves and Cristiano Ronaldo comes and makes a debut against Bolton. Rio Ferdinand misses a drugs test. I think that cost us the league title against Arsenal.

crossy1686

career ending
I think it's obvious they aren't going to sell, might as well forget all about it. If they were going to sell, it would have been done by now.
Or they’ll just sell later? Why is everything completely off because it hasn’t happened today?

They’re probably waiting for us to sell a bunch of players so they can run off with that money first.

croadyman

Or they’ll just sell later? Why is everything completely off because it hasn’t happened today?

They’re probably waiting for us to sell a bunch of players so they can run off with that money first.
Nah looks like it has hit the buffers

Woziak

Solid Post, I agree completely

Rhyme Animal

I’m not sure I agree with this angle…

Everyone knows that anyone who completes a full takeover will need to invest heavily and clear the debt left by the POS former owners.

As such, any responsible buyer with need to have an extra billion to put into Utd. Ratcliffe should surely also have it.

I do however think there’s an element of the Glazers not wanting to be shown up by Jassim and co with them coming in and immediately putting right the situation.

There’s a tangible feeling of petulant spite from the Glazers - or at least from the repulsive Avram Glazer with his recent appearances and laughing at hurt, annoyed fans.

I think the mask is slipping slightly with them and you’re starting to see an actual, tangible resentment toward Utd from them.

I think they’re petty, spoiled men who actively don’t want Utd to flourish and will cut their nose to spite their face a bit with it - a bit like how Levy often acts when losing prize players, I think it’s a bit like that with them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Jassim also said that he would clear the debt. Based on your logic, the Glazers would also want a piece of that pie? Your logic is akin to a person wanting to sell a house and wanting to increase the price -- when he finds out the amount of renovation the potential owner wants to do.

TBF. If any bidder claims he wants to take over 100% of the club it would be obvious to the Glazers the 'over & above' investments that would be required incl clearing the debt and the infra improvements.

The value of United has been financially calculated. It's not complicated. But we are way past the point of its actual financial value.
Right now, it's in the 'valley' of the risk projection/appetite (between EV and the bidder's projected business model's returns) and what the Glazers think they can get.

And nothing to do with extracting infra budget etc.

Tarrou

It's literally a state that just spent 200bn on the world cup, 10x more than anyone has ever spent. The Glazers know they have plenty of cash.

Waynne

I think it's obvious they aren't going to sell, might as well forget all about it. If they were going to sell, it would have been done by now.
They're looking to squeeze every last penny from this club. If Qatar put an offer tomorrow for $10 Billion, they'd take the money and run.

stoinz

This is like the Exorcist franchise. We can't seems to get rid of them. Don't really know what is their end game here, they are pissing off fans and potential buyers all at the same time.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They're looking to squeeze every last penny from this club. If Qatar put an offer tomorrow for $10 Billion, they'd take the money and run.
You never know with the Glazers. 10 billion may just get them to try and push for 12 billion. Human nature -- greed.

The key is when someone walks away. Then they know they have zero choice and have pushed it as high as they can go.

Rhyme Animal

I am just copying this from Instagram
"Manchester United Supporters' Clubs from all over the world are joining together to fight the Glazers
and fly a banner over their stadium for the Tampa Bay season opener. Please help us and join this fight!"
https://www.gofundme.com/f/glazers-...U1Lh9bJaaI3TIQTl2Y8lDew-DBo4CKDdSiVztAviGmxIE
Surprised this hasn’t happened already tbh.

With the amount of fans Utd has globally, I’m surprised it doesn’t happen everywhere they go.

It makes the news, is peaceful and damages their appeal to sponsors.

RopersReturn

Perhaps if the Raine Group were more honest and told them that they weren’t able to work together in realistically achieving the outcome the Glazers are haggling for, the bstards might finally give in and sell.

JediSith

I’m not sure I agree with this angle…

Everyone knows that anyone who completes a full takeover will need to invest heavily and clear the debt left by the POS former owners.

As such, any responsible buyer with need to have an extra billion to put into Utd. Ratcliffe should surely also have it.

I do however think there’s an element of the Glazers not wanting to be shown up by Jassim and co with them coming in and immediately putting right the situation.

There’s a tangible feeling of petulant spite from the Glazers - or at least from the repulsive Avram Glazer with his recent appearances and laughing at hurt, annoyed fans.

I think the mask is slipping slightly with them and you’re starting to see an actual, tangible resentment toward Utd from them.

I think they’re petty, spoiled men who actively don’t want Utd to flourish and will cut their nose to spite their face a bit with it - a bit like how Levy often acts when losing prize players, I think it’s a bit like that with them.
All we know is Ratcliffe bid is financed and he’s not said anything about the the stadium. We can only assume any stadium investment will also be financed.. that maybe be a wrong assumption. But it works in Ratcliffe’s favour

Status
Not open for further replies.