Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pes6Monster

Page 2004 then...

Was 2004 the year that Fergie risked the club's long term future over some horse spu**?
Nope. As intriguing a narrative as it is, United got bought because of aggressive Glazerite expansion. Cubic, who owned just over a quarter of shares, actually increased their take whilst countersuing Ferguson. After an amicable settlement was reached, they sold up a whole year later.

They're currently ruining Hurling as a competitive sport through their Limerick franchise (the footballers are still shite).

I think that was me, although I didn't say anything about after the window. What I said was the club could be using this period of finalising the legal stuff to agree some transfer fees. Once the Qatar's are announced the fees will likely be quoted higher.
Why would the selling Glazers give a shiny about that? Their asset sells itself.

Of course they will mate...Ratcliffe’s the absolute worse option.
All options are terrible, really. From Brailsford psychological horror-show, Glazer family staying or Qatar's PSG-style galactico shitshow. I really don't care what car any of them drive. They are all shit options.

Not me. I think Jassim tried to address the main points of the strategic review. Get money invested into the stadium/infrastructure and do whats best for all shareholders. This should be a Board decision, not just the Glazer’s. The 6 non-Glazer Board members should rightly consider what is right for the club and shareholders - not just the Glazer’s pockets.
I think those six have already factored this but genuinely don't believe Qatar can arrange it. They have the cash but have to go through their consortium.

They showed their hand trying to buy supporter consent with a list of 'investments'. Now the Glazers know they're willing to invest in us and not them.

It's not an encouraging sign of Qatar's nous, especially as Ratcliffe seems to have read the situation much better.

Nah, Glazers are obviously not here for the long haul now mate.

They can’t hang with the big boys and the PL has changed. They’re done.

If they don’t sell to Jassim now, I’d rather they held on to the club until another full sale buyer comes in who means business.

Ratcliffe’s bid is lame as feck, as is his running of Nice and as is everything he ever says about football.
United can certainly spend like the 'big boys'. A good couple of transfers and the right manager later, they're back in business. With new, easier CL places incoming, they'll probably hedge their bets knowing the debt is on United and not them.

stw2022

If they wanted BBC to keep whatever they said they should have waved anonymity

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
If they wanted BBC to keep whatever they said they should have waved anonymity
Also don't be edgy and tailor the message for as many audiences as possible. The media deals in soundbites, not overly long rambles and bad language.

Sampy93

This news about spurs owner getting indicted isn’t good news for those who want Sheik Jassim I think. I’m no expert, but wouldn’t that mean the sale of spurs and a brand spanking new stadium in London?

Either Qatar shift attention and buy spurs in a straightforward manner like the Chelsea sale or it scares the Glazers and truly forces them into a decision.

My gut is telling me it’s Ratcliffe or bust now :(

Tarrou

Nope. As intriguing a narrative as it is, United got bought because of aggressive Glazerite expansion. Cubic, who owned just over a quarter of shares, actually increased their take whilst countersuing Ferguson. After an amicable settlement was reached, they sold up a whole year later.

They're currently ruining Hurling as a competitive sport through their Limerick franchise (the footballers are still shite).

Why would the selling Glazers give a shiny about that? Their asset sells itself.

All options are terrible, really. From Brailsford psychological horror-show, Glazer family staying or Qatar's PSG-style galactico shitshow. I really don't care what car any of them drive. They are all shit options.

I think those six have already factored this but genuinely don't believe Qatar can arrange it. They have the cash but have to go through their consortium.

They showed their hand trying to buy supporter consent with a list of 'investments'. Now the Glazers know they're willing to invest in us and not them.

It's not an encouraging sign of Qatar's nous, especially as Ratcliffe seems to have read the situation much better.

United can certainly spend like the 'big boys'. A good couple of transfers and the right manager later, they're back in business. With new, easier CL places incoming, they'll probably hedge their bets knowing the debt is on United and not them.
they’re doing the biggest business deal of their lives by far

they’d do it because they like money?

SecondFig

This news about spurs owner getting indicted isn’t good news for those who want Sheik Jassim I think. I’m no expert, but wouldn’t that mean the sale of spurs and a brand spanking new stadium in London?

Either Qatar shift attention and buy spurs in a straightforward manner like the Chelsea sale or it scares the Glazers and truly forces them into a decision.

God, I hope so

Tarrou

why would it mean the sale of Spurs?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

I doubt it'll make any difference. Lewis is 86 and probably has little to no day-to-day involvement with the ENIC Group at this point.

cjg-888

Not me. I think Jassim tried to address the main points of the strategic review. Get money invested into the stadium/infrastructure and do whats best for all shareholders. This should be a Board decision, not just the Glazer’s. The 6 non-Glazer Board members should rightly consider what is right for the club and shareholders - not just the Glazer’s pockets.
That's fair. A statement of intention from him was nicer to see than what Ratcliffe put out .

Jassim intends to buy the Glazers and shareholders out though right? Investment pledge amounts after sale shouldn't have much bearing to them, just bid offer amount and price per share. Glazers and shareholders would probably prefer the pledge amount in the actual bid total rather than pledge of future investment.

Glazers know jassim/Qatar have money, and the current bid may not be enough so far for them. Jassim stating they have another $1b set aside, possibly makes the Glazers want a piece/all of that or more.

Who knows, just speculating.

stw2022

Also don't be edgy and tailor the message for as many audiences as possible. The media deals in soundbites, not overly long rambles and bad language.

The Twitter comments are actually fecking mental. They're like a bunch of Qanon nuts who think the fact an interview was edited is some kind of bizarre, pro-Glazer conspiracy perpetrated by the journalist, the BBC and the media at large.

These aren't normal people. These are completely Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Andrew Tate loving-style fan boy nut jobs. How they have become a player in this debate is another nail in the coffin for the argument that social media is positive for public discourse.

We're a football club. There's isn't a conspiracy to hold opposition to the Glazer's down. Nobody else gives a feck who owns us. This isn't keeping Rothchild's, the Koch brothers or the illuminati up at night

Last edited:

Cantona in disguise

The Twitter comments are actually fecking mental. They're like a bunch of Qanon nuts who think the fact an interview was edited is some kind of bizarre, pro-Glazer conspiracy perpetrated by the journalist, the BBC and the media at large.

These aren't normal people. These are completely Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Andrew Tate loving-style fan boy nut jobs. How they have become a player in this debate is another nail in the coffin for the argument that social media is positive for public discourse.

We're a football club. There's isn't a conspiracy to hold opposition to the Glazer's down. Nobody else gives a feck who owns us. This isn't keeping Rothchild's, the Koch brothers or the illuminati up at night
It's not just the trump elon tate people any more it's all sides of the coin. Everything is tribal and its nuts. Social media has made everybody think their opinion is correct and if it doesn't fit its a conspiracy or you're a Russian bot or some other stupid conspiracy. Sorry rant over. Back on topic

stw2022

It's not just the trump elon tate people any more it's all sides of the coin. Everything is tribal and its nuts. Social media has made everybody think their opinion is correct and if it doesn't fit its a conspiracy or you're a Russian bot or some other stupid conspiracy. Sorry rant over. Back on topic
What were they expecting? An hour-long, live, Princess Diana style Panorama interview?

You're right it's all both sides of the coin. Debate without unhinged conspiracy simply doesn't exist.

"We're his media" say the hard left and the hard right under the impression they're totally different from each other. Tate, Musk, Corbyn, Trump. Take your pick.

What matters to these people isn't ownership of the club, it is self promotion. MUST fell into similar traps few years ago .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What were they expecting? An hour-long, live, Princess Diana style Panorama interview?

You're right it's all both sides of the coin. Debate without unhinged conspiracy simply doesn't exist.

"We're his media" say the hard left and the hard right under the impression they're totally different from each other. Tate, Musk, Corbyn, Trump. Take your pick.

What matters to these people isn't ownership of the club, it is self promotion. MUST fell into similar traps few years ago .
Utter utter drivel.

putzmcgee123

This isn't keeping Rothchild's, the Koch brothers or the illuminati up at night
I wouldn't be so sure about that part. "Rothschild and Co. is acting as exclusive financial advisor to the Glazer family shareholders." Joel and Avram are probably calling at all hours of the day and night. :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
I’ve lived my life by the saying “No news is good news” and now this. They’re making me look a right cnut, to be honest.

GoldanoGraham

News trail has now fallen off a cliff…….I genuinely thought the chat would ramp up while we were out in the US on tour but it seems to be the opposite.

The fact that there are just no leaks on anything can only mean that there really is nothing happening at the moment and we are just in a limbo state - just cannot see how a full sale can be still an option for the Glazers as there is no encouragement from them that this is likely at all.

Have a horrible feeling that they’re just cobbling together financial backers to fund the new stadium with outside investment and retain their stranglehold.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Lewis will probably pay a fine, billionaires don't go to prison for stuff like this.

Ratcliffe might win but the 86-year-old billionaire owner of Spuds paying a fine won't be it.

Woziak

Lewis will probably pay a fine, billionaires don't go to prison for stuff like this.

Ratcliffe might win but the 86-year-old billionaire owner of Spuds paying a fine won't be it.

If People think that Lewis being suspended from NYSE is a pre cursor for Qatar buying Spurs, they are over reacting. He may not pass a fit and propers Directors test but others within Enic can, he can resign his position and let his children own the Club with Levy who is a minority owner anyway.

For me it just transfers more power to Levy who’s a megalomaniac anyway. Joe Lewis owns 86% of Spurs and will allow his children to take control, he’ll probably transfer shares to son Charles Lewis and daughter Vivienne, he won’t do jail time but he’ll have to pay a huge fine.

More importantly he’s going to be cited for inside trading and affecting the NYSE with brazen mis use of power, If anything the Glazers will be slightly worried as they have stated through the last 8 months they were looking to sell the club, in so much so that Bloomberg and Reuters have been made to look like fools.

They may be looking nervously over their shoulders and will face the Rothchilds advising them in a very definitive way, they could be cited for Stock manipulation too by misleading traders throughout the sale process, especially if anyone goes on record to say they were giving inside information by a Glazer, any Glazer and there are 6 of them, if one has leaked something and someone close by made millions from buying for €14 to selling for $24, selling the club will be the least of their problems.

If anything this might actually accelerate the situation by making them accept SJ offer, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least of the Qataris are going round the houses like they did with Minority A share holders to try and find some dirt and influence a quick sale. Rest assured when you have as much money as the Qataris they know how to play dirty too?

Fans expecting them to simply give up when they’ve invested 8 months already are insane, they hate losing at the best of times but when their media has claimed on multiple occasions; SJ and 92 Foundation are the winners, this would be beyond embarrassment for them in the Middle East!

Imagine SA royal phoning up the Emir and saying do you need a loan to buy Man United, we can lend you the extra billon pounds as Mbappe just agreed to one year and we won’t charge you interest, one player for one year, then allowed to leave on a free will cost Saudi Arabia €1bn.

The most iconic football club in the world with over 145 years of legacy and history wining multiple trophies over that period of time is not worth 7/8 times the investment of one Mercenary, that’s more likely to effect the Glazers thinking with them
Now demanding £8bn?

stepic

not that i want them as owners, but given the amount of money Saudi are spending at the moment, you'd think they wouldn't have considered selling Newcastle off to the Qatari's or even Ratcliffe and buy us themselves.

Siorac

Aight, looked back in here after a few weeks to see if there's any news but apparently the main concern is whether some nutjobs had their full podcast aired on the BBC or not.

I'll take that as "no news".

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

The BBC are no saints and have been caught doing what they think they did to them. But there's no rhyme or reason to why the BBC would back the glazers, they are simply too stupid to realise that they were going to be edited and it's important to get everything in as succinct as possible,

Tarrou

looks like we're heading towards a 200m spend this summer doesn't it?

surely if they are staying they'd have just told us by now? Get the bad news out of the way before there are games to protest in, and then start taking credit for all the transfers

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

surely if they are staying they'd have just told us by now? Get the bad news out of the way before there are games to protest in, and then start taking credit for all the transfers
Or maybe spend and hope we start the season well then tell everyone in the international break they aren't leaving

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

This is BAU.

If anything was agreed they would have had to inform the NYSE so there’s zero chance it’s any of the “agreed with Qatar/Ineos but waiting until after the window” conspiracies.

I think the new management Arnold/Murtough/ten Hag are keen to avoid the boom bust cycle we have had previously where managers are backed to get top four, achieve that goal and are then rewarded with a fallow window to balance the books rather than kicking on for higher honours.

Pretty sure we are soon going to be negotiating for new sponsor deals which could be lucrative as long as we can prove we are a regular champions league club rather than Europa League.

Tarrou

This is BAU.

If anything was agreed they would have had to inform the NYSE so there’s zero chance it’s any of the “agreed with Qatar/Ineos but waiting until after the window” conspiracies.

I think the new management Arnold/Murtough/ten Hag are keen to avoid the boom bust cycle we have had previously where managers are backed to get top four, achieve that goal and are then rewarded with a fallow window to balance the books rather than kicking on for higher honours.

Pretty sure we are soon going to be negotiating for new sponsor deals which could be lucrative as long as we can prove we are a regular champions league club rather than Europa League.
but who said anything was agreed?

getting the targets for ETH suits all parties in this transaction

even if the Glazers are leaning towards staying, it suits them

it suits them if they are leaning towards leaving too

What’s the conspiracy? I said maybe the club are using this period whilst the details are getting finalised to negotiate deals

people have a poor understanding of stock market rules in this thread

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
but who said anything was agreed?

getting the targets for ETH suits all parties in this transaction

even if the Glazers are leaning towards staying, it suits them

it suits them if they are leaning towards leaving too

What’s the conspiracy? I said maybe the club are using this period whilst the details are getting finalised to negotiate deals

people have a poor understanding of stock market rules in this thread
I think we are in agreement, I’m just expanding on what you said. The conspiracy bit was aimed at god knows how many people that have suggested in this thread that something is agreed and we are finishing transfer dealings first so the prices don’t jump up. Which is ridiculous.

As I said it’s BAU which is what you’ve basically described there.

Tarrou

I think we are in agreement, I’m just expanding on what you said. The conspiracy bit was aimed at god knows how many people that have suggested in this thread that something is agreed and we are finishing transfer dealings first so the prices don’t jump up. Which is ridiculous.

As I said it’s BAU which is what you’ve basically described there.
Ah sorry, but probably not quite agreed then

I agree the deal isn’t completely agreed as that would be illegal, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close to agreed and there are just minor details to sort out

all parties involved in that scenario would be keen to get these transfer deals agreed before an announcement

there is certainly enough wiggle room with the exchange in that scenario.. in fact, announcing something before it’s completely agreed would be a bigger flagrancy of their rules

anyway I do seem to be one of the only remaining posters confident of a deal happening, are you still with me on that?

Tarrou

If Lewis is charged and prosecuted, he will then fall foul of the Owners & Directors test and will, in theory, be ineligible to own a club
good point, yeah maybe that could happen, but surely a long way off?

he’ll take it to court and I don’t expect much to happen for a good year

just had a read about the charges and he looks completely fecked, doubt he sees jail time though what with being a billionaire and old as feck.. take a deal with a big fine would be my guess

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Ah sorry, but probably not quite agreed then

I agree the deal isn’t completely agreed as that would be illegal, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close to agreed and there are just minor details to sort out

all parties involved in that scenario would be keen to get these transfer deals agreed before an announcement

there is certainly enough wiggle room with the exchange in that scenario.. in fact, announcing something before it’s completely agreed would be a bigger flagrancy of their rules

anyway I do seem to be one of the only remaining posters confident of a deal happening, are you still with me on that?
Ok alternative to that - they don’t need either buying party to agree to their approach this summer so they are continuing with their new football/business strategy. Last year’s announcement talked of looking for strategic investment. They currently have that on the table in various forms so they have decided that funding is not a problem and the “credit facility” that is well documented isn’t all they have to rely on in the medium to long term so investment in the squad is actually something the club is happy to do this summer.

In short the club has formulated a new business/football strategy based on the assumption they are staying (and whatever minority investment scenario that entails). If they sell to INEOS or Qatar then it doesn’t really matter. The new owners keep that strategy or they can tear it up and formulate a new one. The fact is that it’s being sold as an ongoing concern so until they get the keys they have no say.

Status
Not open for further replies.