g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Should this news be true, then every game from this weekend on should be full of protests, even if that means every game is forfeited.
They need to get the fecking message. They need to go.
Yeah them getting the message about selling up is definitely more important than games taking place which I realise sounds mad

Tarrou

How will they get 10B if they run the club to the ground
and Qatar will be unlikely to come back for us, they'll buy another PL club and even if they didn't, they probably wouldn't wanna go through all this bollocks again

croadyman

and Qatar will be unlikely to come back for us, they'll buy another PL club and even if they didn't, they probably wouldn't wanna go through all this bollocks again
Yeah that will be the ultimate kick in the guts but fully expecting them to buy a PL club

Teja

Is it really possible that they get the valuation they're looking for? They can't be that deluded right?

Other groups are moving on with the multi club model, fancy stadiums, great recruitment. We're still stuck in the 2000s with a ton of debt that needs to get refinanced at higher long term rates. We face competition from clubs like Newcastle already. We seem to have tapped out all of the commercial sponsorship options, the only way is to grow organically a few % a year (if that). There's no way the enterprise value goes up in these circumstances right?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
They dont see beyond their nose.
It is so bizarre how people have such different views.

I see a lot of people here saying they’ll stop supporting United if they don’t keep winning major trophies. Or saying that our fanbase will diminish if we don’t start winning trophies.

I guess I just can’t get my head around that. I’d rather never win a prem again if it means our club doesn’t become a tool for a regime that I despise and treats marginalised people with such disdain.
For me - United would still be there and it would still be a beautiful amazing thing.

Others seem only interested in winning at any cost. That’s not what sport is.

InfiniteBoredom

Is it really possible that they get the valuation they're looking for? They can't be that deluded right?

Other groups are moving on with the multi club model, fancy stadiums, great recruitment. We're still stuck in the 2000s with a ton of debt that needs to get refinanced at higher long term rates. We face competition from clubs like Newcastle already. We seem to have tapped out all of the commercial sponsorship options, the only way is to grow organically a few % a year (if that). There's no way the enterprise value goes up in these circumstances right?
They are banking on individual streaming deal/club owned media content, it’s the next evolution in football. For better or worse, despite our relative mediocrity over the last decade, United negotiating its broadcasting rights alone is a very attractive proposition to any capitalist. As much as it would destroy the UK football ecosystem, a scenario in which the traditional big clubs start hankering for a bigger share of the TV pies to counter sovereign state investment seems inevitable.

croadyman

They are banking on individual streaming deal/club owned media content, it’s the next evolution in football. For better or worse, despite our relative mediocrity over the last decade, United negotiating its broadcasting rights alone is a very attractive proposition to any capitalist. As much as it would destroy the UK football ecosystem, a scenario in which the traditional big clubs start hankering for a bigger share of the TV pies to counter sovereign state investment seems inevitable.
Hope it doesn't materialise as gives them an opportunity to make even more money from us

Pickle85

I see a lot of people here saying they’ll stop supporting United if they don’t keep winning major trophies. Or saying that our fanbase will diminish if we don’t start winning trophies.

I guess I just can’t get my head around that. I’d rather never win a prem again if it means our club doesn’t become a tool for a regime that I despise and treats marginalised people with such disdain.
For me - United would still be there and it would still be a beautiful amazing thing.

Agreed. Some seem more interested in supporting 'High Profile Transfer FC' than the actual club. I find it baffling that a Qatari takeover wouldn't immediately render any of the club's subsequent achievements totally hollow for some, to be honest. Many are hiding their own need to follow a club that's winning the biggest trophies behind 'I just want what's best for the club'.

cyberman

Agreed. Some seem more interested in supporting 'High Profile Transfer FC' than the actual club. I find it baffling that a Qatari takeover wouldn't immediately render any of the club's subsequent achievements totally hollow for some, to be honest. Many are hiding their own need to follow a club that's winning the biggest trophies behind 'I just want what's best for the club'.
Who do you think is going to buy us for 10b? 90 year old Ratcliffe?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah them getting the message about selling up is definitely more important than games taking place which I realise sounds mad
Hundred percent, you've got it spot on.

It's the message that needs to be heard loud and clear.

Varun

Staff
Absolutely gutting news to wake up to. Tragic ffs. fecking leeches will never leave unless protests make the situation untenable with matches being cancelled, attendances dropping like shit etc

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
So they’ve basically trolled the fans who already hated them before any of this. Smart move.

Red_toad

Who do you think is going to buy us for 10b? 90 year old Ratcliffe?
No one is. Unless we get all the rights for matches. Only way to get rid of them is for the fans to wreck the club, which is what they’re slowly doing anyway

Mainoldo

Qatar just need to put their money where their mouth is. I have zero sympathy…

This pretty much is like a transfer and they are negotiating with Levy. The price is £6bn. If you want us that bad… pay it. I’m a football fan I have no interest in how fair the valuation is or how much extra they have to put it.. we literally are self-sustainable unlike most clubs. You can put in once and not have to dip in again as long as you make the right decisions.

Teja

Any rumblings of that happening? I think it'll get killed the same way the super league got killed. The PL / FA / UEFA etc. will all crack down on it pretty hard.

Anyway, the PL deal is pretty lucrative, so I'd think clubs would be content with that.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Until a official announcement I take any news on this safe with a massive pinch of salt.

InfiniteBoredom

Any rumblings of that happening? I think it'll get killed the same way the super league got killed. The PL / FA / UEFA etc. will all crack down on it pretty hard.

Anyway, the PL deal is pretty lucrative, so I'd think clubs would be content with that.
You don’t necessarily need to get all the matches and break off relationships, just cup games and a portion of home games would make for a very lucrative package, our followers number is pretty inflated but let’s just say if we can monetise 30, 40 millions fans worldwide at 5-10 dollars per subscription for club content, that’s a massive increase in the bottom line and easily double the club’s value. That’s also the forecast for Barca Studio, for instance, which they just sold off to generate some immediate cash.

RedDevilQuebecois

It's simply because all of the most dominant clubs in the last decade or so have all been touched by money from the Middle East. Whether it's about being owned by Arabs (PSG, Manchester City) or receiving huge sponsorship deals from public funds based in the Middle East (Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona), it is not a coincidence that they have been killing the competition for a decade.

You can either stick to your moral high ground and then eventually lose relevance like Liverpool did for most of the last 33 years, or you adapt to all the subtle parts of the reality on the market in order to remain relevant and highly competitive. It is what it is.

cyberman

Nope. I'd rather the Glazers stuck around than we became state owned though.
And this valuation has guaranteed United becoming state owned. There is no maybe anymore. I can’t see how this is anything close to a good thing.
2025 may seem a long time away but it’s not, this isn’t even Glazers staying. It’s really this process so far x2.
I don’t believe this story one bit but the posters doing victory laps over not being state owned are stupidly short sighted. You should be devastated that Jim hasn’t won.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

I'm not having that anyone said that.

Pickle85

It's simply because all of the most dominant clubs in the last decade or so have all been touched by money from the Middle East. Whether it's about being owned by Arabs (PSG, Manchester City) or receiving huge sponsorship deals from public funds based in the Middle East (Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona), it is not a coincidence that they have been killing the competition for a decade.

You can either stick to your moral high ground and then eventually lose relevance like Liverpool did for most of the last 33 years, or you adapt to all the subtle parts of the reality on the market in order to remain relevant and highly competitive. It is what it is.
There's a difference between being state owned and generating a certain amount of revenue via sponsorships from bodies based in a country, though. If you think that refusing state ownership is 'sticking to my moral high ground' then fair enough, I'd rather do that. I'm not unrealistic and I know it's becoming more and more difficult to compete for the biggest trophies without this kind of money, but an influx of cash through those means would make anything we win subsequently pretty meaningless to me, so what's the point.

Teja

You don’t necessarily need to get all the matches and break off relationships, just cup games and a portion of home games would make for a very lucrative package, our followers number is pretty inflated but let’s just say if we can monetise 30, 40 millions fans worldwide at 5-10 dollars per subscription for club content, that’s a massive increase in the bottom line and easily double the club’s value. That’s also the forecast for Barca Studio, for instance, which they just sold off to generate some immediate cash.
It's all pie in the sky stuff though - no one has been able to monetize that so far.

Barca Studio is weird, they claim that it's really valuable and whined about selling off the rights but I was looking at that during the FdJ / Barca selling off future revenues saga and it doesn't really make that much money. I think it's more fluff than anything.

Meanwhile the more real situation is ~1bn in debt that needs to get refinanced.

davidmichael

I don’t get why everyone is getting twisted up when it’s a story by The Daily Mail, do people honestly believe that a story that big and has worldwide financial/business impact would be broken by The Daily Mail ?

If true then we’d hear from Qatar or Ratcliffe that the parasites had pulled out or we’d hear from Raine via Bloomberg or someone of that standing that the parasites have pulled out and we’re no longer on the market.

Have people also forgotten that our historical debt needs to be paid by 2025 unless refinanced under current day interest rates which the parasites nor the club can afford based on FFP or whatever the new version will be called, that’d mean the club struggling financially and most likely regularly failing FFP or sliding down to mid table due to no investment which would mean the parasites getting half of what’s currently on offer.

Until it’s reported by someone far more reputable than The Daily Mail I’m of the thinking that this is the parasites ‘Hail Mary’ attempt at squeezing one last bid out of Qatar to get nearer to £6 billion seeing as they know there’s investment in the squad and infrastructure sitting there too as Qatar were silly to make that money public knowledge and with the parasites being greedy fecking cnuts they want some of that too.

Pickle85

And this valuation has guaranteed United becoming state owned. There is no maybe anymore. I can’t see how this is anything close to a good thing.
2025 may seem a long time away but it’s not, this isn’t even Glazers staying. It’s really this process so far x2.
I don’t believe this story one bit but the posters doing victory laps over not being state owned are stupidly short sighted. You should be devastated that Jim hasn’t won.
I'm absolutely not saying that the Glazers refusing to sell is a good thing. It's a get bad thing. But if it keeps it out of state ownership then good, as far as I'm concerned. You can see there's a difference between celebrating the fact that we won't be state owned and celebrating the fact that the Glazers won't sell altogether, right?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don’t get why everyone is getting twisted up when it’s a story by The Daily Mail, do people honestly believe that a story that big and has worldwide financial/business impact would be broken by The Daily Mail ?

If true then we’d hear from Qatar or Ratcliffe that the parasites had pulled out or we’d hear from Raine via Bloomberg or someone of that standing that the parasites have pulled out and we’re no longer on the market.

Have people also forgotten that our historical debt needs to be paid by 2025 unless refinanced under current day interest rates which the parasites nor the club can afford based on FFP or whatever the new version will be called, that’d mean the club struggling financially and most likely regularly failing FFP or sliding down to mid table due to no investment which would mean the parasites getting half of what’s currently on offer.

Until it’s reported by someone far more reputable than The Daily Mail I’m of the thinking that this is the parasites ‘Hail Mary’ attempt at squeezing one last bid out of Qatar to get nearer to £6 billion seeing as they know there’s investment in the squad and infrastructure sitting there too as Qatar were silly to make that money public knowledge and with the parasites being greedy fecking cnuts they want some of that too.
Because that's what people do on this forum these days - lose their shit without thinking if the source is trustworthy. Not sure if it's the changing times and people just believe everything they read/see or if they're just too lazy to think.

IncyWincySpider

I won't believe this story is true until I see it verified by an account with less than ten followers and a Qatari flag in their profile.

greenoffpearson

A little dubious about the story:

1 There is a process to withdrawal - a notice via the club. The initiative was via the club and not the Glazers directly.
2 The whole process appears to have the Glazer hallmarks of a lack of class, but why leak the story on a Saturday night to someone journalists who have not been at the forefront of the story,so far.
3 If there was a withdrawal then why didn't the bidders also leak the information to their preferred sources - Keegan/Times
4 Unless the Glazers mob have found sustenance money, elsewhere, nothing has changed. They are a financially needy bunch, who have almost exhausted their possible share sales to the point of losing their quorum.
5. They are so tight they did not even give the club a loan to buy a £20/30 million player (Amrabat) but instead dragged it out for months until the very last acts of the transfer window.
6 If true, no doubt, the institutional investors will probe the club with some searching questions.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
If true then other more reliable sources will follow very shortly so we won’t have long to wait and see

Zora

@Wumminator has been on the ale all night. He gets like this on Saturday nights, I’ve noticed this regular pattern from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.