Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil You Know

Even a state backed bid has limits.
But those limits would be less than a private interest (the Glazers) whose primary motive is profit, as opposed to a putative state interest whose primary motive is speculated to be reputational.

Infra-red

Not at all surprising - this has looked inevitable for a while. The club needs to make a public statement asap calling an end to the strategic process.

croadyman

:lol: feck me Croads I don’t think I’ve ever seen you have a go at anyone before! Go on lad!
I am genuinely feeling absolutely pig sick as have a horrible feeling this will be corroborated by top sources. Haven't got any time for anyone who would rather Glazers stay than Qatar

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I am genuinely feeling absolutely pig sick as have a horrible feeling this will be corroborated by top sources. Haven't got any time for anyone who would rather Glazers stay than Qatar
In all honesty I’m not sure anyone on here cares as much about Utd as you do mate, and I know that you get properly invested with it all.

Try not to let it get you down too much as it’s only football at the end of the day.

Maybe there’s a lower league / local team you can follow as well to give you a break from all the Utd negativity mate? Any team’d be lucky to have a fan with your energy buddy.

croadyman

In all honesty I’m not sure anyone on here cares as much about Utd as you do mate, and I know that you get properly invested with it all.

Try not to let it get you down too much as it’s only football at the end of the day.

Maybe there’s a lower league / local team you can follow as well to give you a break from all the Utd negativity mate? Any team’d be lucky to have a fan with your energy buddy.
Cheers appreciate the kind words and will carry on following my local team who are actually doing quite well at the moment. They are called Droitwich Spa FC you may have heard of them.

IamBurnsey

I really hope all this latest news is just some idiots looking for cheap clicks and views because I honestly can't stand the thought of glaziers being here any longer, this club is going to go downhill badly if the glaziers actually think they are going to get this reported 10 billion they are sniffing after. The club is struggling these days even with small loan deals nevermind competing for the big names in Europe, I honestly don't know how things will go if the glaziers don't leave ASAP, not very well I would imagine!!!

Yorke to Cole

We need some balanced thinking in this discussion that know their numbers like woziak or putzmcgee123. A,so where Messier1994?

Another thing that is heeded is Neil Custis reaffirming.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We need some balanced thinking in this discussion that know their numbers like woziak or putzmcgee123. A,so where Messier1994?

Another thing that is heeded is Neil Custis reaffirming.
I know my numbers enough to tell you they need to sell.

But if we're talking 2025, they can still cling on and squeeze every last bit of cash out of the club before discarding it as a used toy for the next owner to fix.

(To add) If the article is legit, the Glazers are speculating the interest rate environment will materially change by 2025 (lower interest rates = better valuation especially for indebted companies like United because funding is cheaper). But it's also dumbass thinking with no risk assessment because it can easily got tits up.

Football might grow as a sport but if we keep getting left behind, we won't get to share the spoils the same way we (disproportionately) did under Fergie. I've been asked by my (much younger) brother on several occasions which one do I support Ronaldo or Messi. Each time I answer United but anyone who's not deluded can see where things are going and we're getting left behind because we won't be able to afford (or create) the next superstars.

This is vulture capitalism of the style most private equity firms would have in their hall of fame.

Yorke to Cole

I know my numbers enough to tell you they need to sell.

But if we're talking 2025, they can still cling on and squeeze every last bit of cash out of the club before discarding as a used toy for the next owner to fix.

This is vulture capitalism of the style most private equity firms would have in their hall of fame.
Do you think the 92 Foundation need to come in higher by another £500 million or so?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Do you think the 92 Foundation need to come in higher by another £500 million or so?
The sale price is the one thing no one in the industry is able to gauge because the Glazers are so slimy and greedy.

At this point, I cannot see how they stay long-term in a financial perspective but these clowns have bewildered much smarter and better connected people than me, so who the heck knows.

The jokes about Succession have been present since the start of the sale but I really think they reflect a lot of this greedy family's dynamics.

hobbers

Would rather see the club relegated and it’s value sliced in half than those scum get a sale with such an inflated fee

Scorched fecking earth to burn the leeches off

oz insomniac

As a long time overseas fan who left the UK over 50 years ago, this has just crushed my interest.

I’ve said it previously, Man Utd Shirts being worn here in Australia has fallen dramatically and it certainly won’t get any better. The Glazers are absolutely the worst type of owners any sporting club could have, let alone what was once by any measure the biggest club in the world.

For me at least it’s just back to looking up the result with a lot less interest, won’t be streaming any soccer so a loss for that business. Terrible news and a kick in the guts to millions all over the world.

croadyman

INEOS should just up their bid to the four siblings reported to be willing to sell.
Quite frankly that's better than nothing,mind you if that Nick Harris is a good journo then it's academic as sale is over

Last edited:

Irrational.

Don't worry he has company in @bosnian_red and let’s not forget @Fridge chutney with a bit of @Pes6Monster thrown in as well
Some of these are on my ignore list - one who questioned the authenticity of fans not from Manchester and failed epically trying to backtrack, recently mentioned he is “not a WUM”; and the other up until this summer was winding other fans up spamming the transfer pages with transfer activity from Stevenage FC.

spwd

Maybe this is the first they’ve heard of it or it’s over and you don’t really need to make an announcement if you’ve lost the race
They would have known the cnuts wanted more or less double what both were offering before now.

Mepp

As a long time overseas fan who left the UK over 50 years ago, this has just crushed my interest.

I’ve said it previously, Man Utd Shirts being worn here in Australia has fallen dramatically and it certainly won’t get any better. The Glazers are absolutely the worst type of owners any sporting club could have, let alone what was once by any measure the biggest club in the world.

For me at least it’s just back to looking up the result with a lot less interest, won’t be streaming any soccer so a loss for that business. Terrible news and a kick in the guts to millions all over the world.
That's a lot of words just to state you are only in it for the glory. We used to have a phrase for those kind of fans

croadyman

Completely agree. Looking purely at the sporting side, we can not compete with what is being spent and the infrastructure behind them. For example, Brighton have a far superior scouting system at present.

They need to go. I like many cannot stand them. The way we are run is abysmal.

I do not like him but we have to wait what Jacobs says. Also Romano, only said this week that talks are ongoing and it being kept very quiet. This is going to make Custis look Shyte.

The things that concerns me is the timing, before Labor day and what that Muppetier says.
Yeah share price will drop through the floor after Labor Day. Absolutely shite feeling knowing we won't have the recruitment team to help Erik under these leeches. No chance of spending the money required to compete for players either.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

Don't worry he has company in @bosnian_red and let’s not forget @Fridge chutney with a bit of @Pes6Monster thrown in as well
In response to the post you quoted, i want what's best for United and in my opinion that doesn't involve becoming a sportswashing project. That is a dealbreaker for me, despite how horrible and inept the Glazers are. I hope they leave, but not for state ownership.

Overall i just find the situation United are in disheartening and troublesome.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That’s cool but sport is about winning. I’m sorry that you’re so casual about our neighbours winning trebles while we scrounge around signing loan players. Supporting the team means wanting the best for the team.
More to football and sport than just winning everything.

The Ferociousness

Don't get why people losing their shit over a unreliable source when Ben Jacobs has come out and said both bidders have not been informed of a no sale.

I'm sure the glazers wouldn't be telling the mail, before they inform the actual bidders

Bert_

That’s cool but sport is about winning. I’m sorry that you’re so casual about our neighbours winning trebles while we scrounge around signing loan players. Supporting the team means wanting the best for the team.
Sport is about achievement. Which is much more than simply "winning".

Micky Targaryen

At this point, I think relegation for this club will be a win win situation for all types of supporters. Once relegated, the Glazers can finally feck off and the top reds can continue rambling about the dark days and supporting the community.

RedDevilQuebecois

Using references from The Godfather as metaphors, I asked myself for a while whether the Glazers are more like Jack Woltz (the old and stubborn rich man in need of being given one offer that he can't refuse in order to yield) or like Moe Greene (the man who does not taking offers out of arrogance and spite, and yet will have to be pushed out by a very radical action as the price of being totally unreasonable) instead. The Glazers (or rather Joel and Avram) have clearly become Moe Greene metaphorically.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Using references from The Godfather as metaphors, I asked myself for a while whether the Glazers are more like Jack Woltz (the old and stubborn rich man in need of being given one offer that he can't refuse in order to yield) or like Moe Greene (the man who does not taking offers out of arrogance and spite, and yet will have to be pushed out by a very radical action as the price of being totally unreasonable) instead. The Glazers (or rather Joel and Avram) have clearly become Moe Greene metaphorically.
So, who’s Al Neri…?

croadyman

At this point, I think relegation for this club will be a win win situation for all types of supporters. Once relegated, the Glazers can finally feck off and the top reds can continue rambling about the dark days and supporting the community.
Yeah and I feel awful agreeing with you

Dannn411

What a bunch of idiots. No chance in hell they will ever get £10 billion. In fact, with the way they run the club Qatar's offer was probably the high point.

I've always thought it will have to take a Chelsea-style government intervention to get the bastards out of here and it looks like that might be the case.

croadyman

What a bunch of idiots. No chance in hell they will ever get £10 billion. In fact, with the way they run the club Qatar's offer was probably the high point.

I've always thought it will have to take a Chelsea-style government intervention to get the bastards out of here and it looks like that might be the case.
Government couldn't give a toss about helping

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Should this news be true, then every game from this weekend on should be full of protests, even if that means every game is forfeited.
They need to get the fecking message. They need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.