Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY65

My original post was a response to the fact that multiple posters got riled up by his posts.
Understood, that's fair and probably smarter than getting riled up. I don't agree with his posts on every topic, sometimes they can be too positive, but I found the amount of posters going after him for a perfectly reasonable desire not to be owned by Qatar (presuming it's a state bid) to be odd.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
INEOS should just up their bid to the four siblings reported to be willing to sell.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don't mind people having different opinion and being content with glazers staying but then don't call for manager to be sacked for not fighting with city or not winning a title. You want mediocrity so stick with it.
I don’t think anyone who doesn’t want Qatar to take over is calling for ETH’s head.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Understood, that's fair and probably smarter than getting riled up. I don't agree with his posts on every topic, sometimes they can be too positive, but I found the amount of posters going after him for a perfectly reasonable desire not to be owned by Qatar (presuming it's a state bid) to be odd.
I’ve gone after him here for being too positive hence the use of ‘synonyms’. No issues if you don’t want Qataris owning the club, your choice, but no pretending the situation is great for the club as it stands. As for Greenwood, the fact that he is still technically at the club says a lot about our current owners than most other things.

jasT1981

Alright, so lets say they do pull the sale off the table.

Could there be a case for market manipulation against them? They have over-valued the club (almost double isn't it? 3bn valued but asking 6bn. Then the Washington NFL team got sold for a massive price, so they apparently they upped the price even more. Then not communicating with either bidder or the group they tasked with selling for months, and anytime someone reported as coming close to the asking price, the asking price changed.

Could this actually make the share price drop and the club being worth less due to their actions? Meaning any future sale will never come near 10bn, let alone the 6bn reported as on the table now.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’ve gone after him here for being too positive hence the use of ‘synonyms’. No issues if you don’t want Qataris owning the club, your choice, but no pretending the situation is great for the club as it stands. As for Greenwood, the fact that he is still technically at the club says a lot about our current owners than most other things.
I also wish that Greenwood wasn’t at the club.I’ve got a feeling that might be quite tricky from a legal perspective though.

People will have different views on what is great. There are Newcastle fans who think being owned by a murderous regime is great. There are fans who think Henderson going to Saudi is great. On this very website we have had people say they’re going to start supporting Getafe as they’ve signed Greenwood on loan - I imagine some people see that as a “great” signing.

for me - being a club that does not become a sportswashing process is great.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Are people losing their crap over a daily fail exclusive written by two journos that no one really knows who they are?

This is almost as bad as people losing their crap over a s*n article! Let's wait until a more reputable source reports it.

If it was true the NDAs would be null and void I'd imagine, or you'd have reports of one or more of the bidders pulling out to save face

bstb3

Could there be a case for market manipulation against them? They have over-valued the club (almost double isn't it? 3bn valued but asking 6bn. Then the Washington NFL team got sold for a massive price, so they apparently they upped the price even more. Then not communicating with either bidder or the group they tasked with selling for months, and anytime someone reported as coming close to the asking price, the asking price changed.

Could this actually make the share price drop and the club being worth less due to their actions? Meaning any future sale will never come near 10bn, let alone the 6bn reported as on the table now.
Market manipulation? Probably not unless they (or people tied to them) have somehow benefitted directly from actions they have taken. Speculation based on rumours not able to be tied back to them doesn't really fall into that camp. All they have officially said is they are considering strategic investments which could include a sale and periodically that the process is continuing.

Share price dropping? Quite possibly depending on how much sentiment is in the market relating to a realistic sale. Certainly the pricing doesn't reflect anything like £10bn, but if it is genuinely off the cards at the speculated bid prices then yeah it will likely drop. NYSE is closed on Monday for Labor day, so timing of some news this weekend would make sense, even if this story is seemingly very speculative with the numbers.

FlawlessThaw

Are people losing their crap over a daily fail exclusive written by two journos that no one really knows who they are?
Nick Harris I’ve generally found quite legit from Twitter. Course I could be wrong though but this isn’t Curtis or someone like that.

Plastic Evra

Have they manipulated the market ? Do you mean the share price fluctuation and some of the surges we saw after certain rumours were reported ? I'd think it would be hard to prove they directly had a hand in disseminating that info though we all know journos are probably relaying talking points from sources that are an active party in the sale (not necessarily the Glazers).

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Nick Harris I’ve generally found quite legit from Twitter. Course I could be wrong though but this isn’t Curtis or someone like that.
But do you not think the bidders would have pulled out by now if true? We'd have known long before, especially by Qatar, they'd definitely want to save face and say they withdrew due to Glazers timewasting etc rather than let the Glazers call the shots and pull the club off the market before they have their say

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
People getting riled up does not make me a WUM. I have posted nothing controversial in here that others haven’t echoed in their own posts.
To be fair…you did say that United have a great squad and it’s good to have McTominay in the side.

FlawlessThaw

But do you not think the bidders would have pulled out by now if true? We'd have known long before, especially by Qatar, they'd definitely want to save face and say they withdrew due to Glazers timewasting etc rather than let the Glazers call the shots and pull the club off the market before they have their say
Last I heard the bidders hadn’t heard from the Glazers in quite a while. If this is true then it’s a scoop ahead of when the Glazers themselves would like this information out.

AshRK

I don’t think anyone who doesn’t want Qatar to take over is calling for ETH’s head.
Not now eventually there will be. Like they wanted Jose gone and Ole gone. You can't have both of the worlds. On one hand being content with owners who are drying the club out and then expecting us to fight with the city and others around the world. We have the worst owners and it's a shame.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Last I heard the bidders hadn’t heard from the Glazers in quite a while. If this is true then it’s a scoop ahead of when the Glazers themselves would like this information out.
Qatar also said the bid is on the table still, and we've had reports that Raine are looking to bridge the valuations. If the Glazers are now going to pull the club off the market without telling the bidders ahead of time, then they're going to really struggle to sell in the future after the shite they've pulled there.

The bidders will most definitely know via either the Glazers or Raine that the club is off the market. They'd likely know and withdraw long before the Daily Fail get their exclusive, but that's my opinion on it

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If true, yeah, we're definitely done out here. But hey ho, keep buying shite and supporting the overpaid lads.

pascell

Always knew this was the case, but still frustrating to read.

Was always the case, they never show up to games and have no emotional attachment to United. Basically the only attachment they have to United is monetary and the case still stands, when they're hit monetary wise, they'll sit up and listen.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I have been thinking - I wonder if Qatar has seen where Saudi is going and thought - why don’t we just do this? Seems odd that Saudi got Newcastle then started pumping money into their own league - surely Qatar would just be better building their own league up and fighting for power that way. I see they’re signing Coutinho and Veratti - I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The stadium isn’t a joke,

Youth team is doing well.

Women’s team has started strong.

We won a trophy last year and have a great squad.
Take a break and more importantly, give us a break from your shite.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I have been thinking - I wonder if Qatar has seen where Saudi is going and thought - why don’t we just do this? Seems odd that Saudi got Newcastle then started pumping money into their own league - surely Qatar would just be better building their own league up and fighting for power that way. I see they’re signing Coutinho and Veratti - I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
I’ve thought the same. Perhaps we could see the creation of some sort of amalgamated Middle Eastern/Arabian league?
is that controversial? Maybe I am a WUM:lol:
It is.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’ve thought the same. Perhaps we could see the creation of some sort of amalgamated Middle Eastern/Arabian league?
I just can’t see football not going that way - especially now Saudi have done what they have done. Looking at the Qatari league signings this window - there is already more players there than I thought with some teams spending millions. Why not invest say - one billion in their own league rather than own United?

Plastic Evra

The QSL have been trying to do it for a while and are still, they also tried to prop up their national team way before they started investing in European clubs which ultimately they reckoned was a more effective use of their time and capital.

Qatar is a small country compared to Saudi and I think the latter have a critical mass that is a prerequisite to even make that project of elevating their domestic league theoretically viable.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The QSL have been trying to do it for a while and are still, they also tried to prop up their national team way before they started investing in European clubs which ultimately they reckoned was a more effective use of their time and capital.

Qatar is a small country compared to Saudi and I think the latter have a critical mass that is a prerequisite to even make that project of elevating their domestic league theoretically viable.
fair enough. Very good post.

RORY65

I just can’t see football not going that way - especially now Saudi have done what they have done. Looking at the Qatari league signings this window - there is already more players there than I thought with some teams spending millions. Why not invest say - one billion in their own league rather than own United?
It's possible but Saudi Arabia is genuinely a country that loves football, that was evident by the fans at the World Cup while the Qataris seemingly didn't give a shit which means I think their domestic league will always be fairly weak relatively while they invest abroad.

I think the interesting point is what the end goal is for Saudi Arabia who obviously have more interest and greater resources. We saw with golf that they pumped money into their own league but the end game was to take over the sport by running the PGA and the DP World Tour. Are there interests only their domestic league and Newcastle plus other clubs they invest in or do they want a stake in something bigger?

RuudTom83

The club simply isn’t worth anywhere near what that scum is asking for.

Nobody with a few billion to spend should come anywhere near the club. Why would you pay that scums debt and then pay to repair the stadium they have neglected.

As fans one day we will be rid of them, so that is what I tell myself…no matter how many years it takes.

Last edited:

Someone

Something
Club value won't increase with an old stadium and no trophies. I like ETH but he's no Fergie, it's gonna take a lot of investment and proper planning for us to be successful again. The league is incredibly competitive now, and even if we manage to win the treble this season, that won't double the club value.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They were never leaving.
I said this right at the very start. I got dog's abuse for it as well.

I said this was all just them trying to see what the club might be worth and maybe looking for a bit of minority investment.

Either that or they were hoping that perhaps 4 or 5 incredibly rich bidders turned it into a dick measuring contest and they ended up with an offer so big they couldn't say no.

Aresred

so there will be another 10 years without a chance to win the premier league ,I hope that one day this nightmare ends somehow

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I think there'll be a decent amount of United fans not devastated by this potential news (me included).

It was quite clear that it was Qatar or Glazers, and given that choice I'd stick with the Glazers every time.

Castia

There was little interest at the current price they’ll never get a £10b offer. In fact they probably won’t get a 5B bid again after Qatar take their money elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.