g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

This.

What happened is the worst outcome possible. Ratboy’s money is going to the Glazer’s pocket, and Jimmy haven’t make an statement of clearing the debt or investing in facilities and/or players. He basically just gave the leeches breathing air when they were desperate. Now Qatar will probably buy Liverpool and they will become a force to be recounted with, while we drown in mediocrity.
if the qatar group just went after a mid club in the premier league they could prob still accomplish everything they want, without having to spend the premium it would cost for a club like liverpool.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not once have I thought Qatar's deplorable human rights record is contingent on their owning United. Like with UAE and city, they're attempting to manufacture consent.

You've been told on that before, Rood.

There it is.

The 'whataboutery', leading to a classic false equivalence, which you earlier decried in your opponent's analysis.

I wonder if you actually realise you are doing it.
The point is that there is no human rights benefit either way so what good does this so called 'moral' standpoint do?
I dont believe the bid was all about sportswashing or manufacturing consent either - much cheaper PL clubs to buy if that is the priority (note that UAE and Saudi went for cheap crap clubs) plus Qatar have already spent billions on PSG and the WC, not to mention that the link between state and the 92F bid is not proven anyway.

Anyway you won the 'whataboutery' bingo award for today - well done you !
There is no false equivalence - you dont get to decide which moral issue is more valid for a start and it's largely a pointless discussion once you start trying to compare which billionaire is more of cnut.

Like I said before, there is no ethical ownership option for Man United but, I can tell you that for me personally, I have a much bigger issue with the environmental destruction and BREXIT politics of Sir Jim than human rights in the Gulf. More interesting was the earlier comparison of ethics of the Glazers too but yet some fans mistakenly believe that only one bid has any moral implications.

As I said, it's all a nonsense as far as Im concerned - to put it simply, they are all cnuts on one level or another so Im only interested in which billionaire cnut is the best one for Manchester United. After a decade of mismanagement we already know for sure that it's not Joel Glazer, so it's absolute madness that there are some United fans who would choose him over any other option. Like I said, I dont like what Sir Jim represents but Id still take him over the current lot.

Pickle85

The point is that there is no human rights benefit either way so what good does this so called 'moral' standpoint do?
I dont believe the bid was all about sportswashing or manufacturing consent either - much cheaper PL clubs to buy if that is the priority (note that UAE and Saudi went for cheap crap clubs) plus Qatar have already spent billions on PSG and the WC, not to mention that the link between state and the 92F bid is not proven anyway.

Anyway you won the 'whataboutery' bingo award for today - well done you !
There is no false equivalence - you dont get to decide which moral issue is more valid for a start and it's largely a pointless discussion once you start trying to compare which billionaire is more of cnut.

Like I said before, there is no ethical ownership option for Man United but, I can tell you that for me personally, I have a much bigger issue with the environmental destruction and BREXIT politics of Sir Jim than human rights in the Gulf. More interesting was the earlier comparison of ethics of the Glazers too but yet some fans mistakenly believe that only one bid has any moral implications.

As I said, it's all a nonsense as far as Im concerned - to put it simply, they are all cnuts on one level or another so Im only interested in which billionaire cnut is the best one for Manchester United. After a decade of mismanagement we already know for sure that it's not Joel Glazer, so it's absolute madness that there are some United fans who would choose him over any other option. Like I said, I dont like what Sir Jim represents but Id still take him over the current lot.
How do you feel about Qatar's environmental record, given it's such a big issue for you for Ratcliffe?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
It does him good, because he doesn’t get to see the club he supports tainted by the association. Duh!

vivaronaldo

the match day fans are a disgrace - you want to make a difference boycott the games , protest the crap instead on match days and stop spending at the stores , turning up with newton heath scarfes is laughable at this stage and quite embaressing

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
How do you feel about Qatar's environmental record, given it's such a big issue for you for Ratcliffe?
You should reread my post as you obviously missed the main point - it's not a big issue for me at all in the context of Manchester United, because again their ownership of the club will not change anything on an environmental level.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It does him good, because he doesn’t get to see the club he supports tainted by the association. Duh!
Ok so this moralistic stance is just a selfish position with no actual benefit for any cause - like I said, quite clearly not in the best interests of Manchester United Football Club

FujiVice

the match day fans are a disgrace - you want to make a difference boycott the games , protest the crap instead on match days and stop spending at the stores , turning up with newton heath scarfes is laughable at this stage and quite embaressing
How can anyone with a straight face say match day fans are the problem? What a silly thing to say.

George The Best

Qatar aint buying the club. Maybe they never were going to.

You boys still going on about them like you have been dumped by your hot ex!
Somebody needs to buy us though, to get rid of the Glazer’s. This is the big issue. Sir Jimmy isn’t going to do it. Their auction attracted just one bidder who wanted 100%, Sir Jimmy ducked out when he saw the books and found out what they wanted. We are in limbo now, and likely to be for many years. No multi-billionaires are even interested. We are stuffed imo.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ok so this moralistic stance is just a selfish position with no actual benefit for any cause
The club’s heritage is sufficient enough of a ‘cause’.

- like I said, quite clearly not in the best interests of Manchester United Football Club
And someone else could state it’s quite clear that United’s heritage has little to no meaning for you.

Yorke to Cole

And someone else could state it’s quite clear that United’s heritage has little to no meaning for you.
Anyone who does not see or have the foresight to see where the football industry is going (after Qatar World Cup and major Saudi investment) is living in cloud cuckoo land.

That is before we get to the next World Cup with 48 teams participating in largely the United States. There will be matches other than friendlies or exhibition tournaments played in this coun

This ownership has been negligent in maintaining standards in competition, facilities and supporters have not been served in terms of match going to stadiums that has not been upgraded.

The last decade has been a failure.

People on this forum and otherwise who are against a change of ownership in favour of the Glazers remaining are supporting that negligence.

Reiver

Why has one of the match day fans not invented time travel, travelled back in time, found Malcolm Glazer's dad, put on a pair of steel toecaps, kicked him squarely in the balls, and so prevented him from having children?

Part of the problem.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Billionaires are ego and legacy driven. They arent like nepo babies like the Glazers, who have no pride in their product. You telling me Jim Ratcliffe wouldnt want to be the man to take Manchester United back where they belong? He has to look at this as a major challenge. Lets home he shakes this shit up immediately.
He doesn’t have control of the purse strings so what does it matter?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Absolute madness that anyone could convince themselves that a group who wanted to remove the current owners, clear their debts and rebuild the stadium are a danger to the heritage of Manchester United !

You have got it completely the wrong way around

clarkydaz

not as bad as your spelling

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Absolute madness that anyone could convince themselves that a group who wanted to remove the current owners, clear their debts and rebuild the stadium are a danger to the heritage of Manchester United !

You have got it completely the wrong way around
If Kim Jong Un came in with a late bid promising to do all that you’d be alright with it?

laughtersassassin

Pisses me off to no end this died down again. Hurry up and get it done so there is at least a small glimmer of hope that things might change

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Hypotheticals are a bit pointless but I have said before that there are regimes I would have a problem with, Qatar is not one of them though.
Just wanted to establish if you had limits, whether genuine or not.

Yorke to Cole

Just wanted to establish if you had limits, whether genuine or not.
If you recall the opening statement of Sheikh Jassim's bid for 100% of the club. He said amongst other pledges to invest in the surrounding community. Now compare that with the Glazer ideology of viewing Manchester United as a franchise ( as Malcolm Glazer referred to the club as) whereby the stadium and it's surrounding land has remained undeveloped.

Which of the 2 cares more about the community?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
If you recall the opening statement of Sheikh Jassim's bid for 100% of the club. He said amongst other pledges to invest in the surrounding community. Now compare that with the Glazer ideology of viewing Manchester United as a franchise ( as Malcolm Glazer referred to the club as) whereby the stadium and it's surrounding land has remained undeveloped.

Which of the 2 cares more about the community?
If you don’t offer enough for the sellers to sell (never mind a reported inability to provide verification for the funds) then those pledges just amount to rhetoric or words on a piece of paper.

colombianmancunian

if the qatar group just went after a mid club in the premier league they could prob still accomplish everything they want, without having to spend the premium it would cost for a club like liverpool.
They probably want a consolidated brand and the scouses are also for sale.

Yorke to Cole

If you don’t offer enough for the sellers to sell (never mind a reported inability to provide verification for the funds) then those pledges just amount to rhetoric or words on a piece of paper.
So you can repeatedly ask whether a communist dictator can be a good or accepted as a good owner, but you are unable to answer one valid question that relates to the prospective future of the club?

Jassim did provide the proof of funds but it became clear that the 2 protagonists did not want to sell?

This is the problem with people on this website. When you ask pertinent questions that make people have to stop and think of a possible alternative point of view, you never really get a straight answer from anyone you get into a debate with.

I had this in another discussion topic on this forum and when I asked certain questions people seemed to do a runner, so to speak.

People are thinking with their emotions and not with their heads and not thinking of the long term solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.