Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I understand people wanting Ratcliffe previously on thd basis of anyone being better than Glazers.

Do we still want him now? If so, why? Brexit supporting numpty.
Look at the current clubs he owns. They arent exactly beacons of hope in terms of success. He had appointed his brother to Nice to run it at one stage.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not even a fan of Musk but people on here keep doing this thing of finding one slight and hammering on it while conveniently forgetting that he has several successful businesses and definitely knows more about running a company than the most of us. Even if you’re not a fan of his persona, man is super successful so you’d think he’d get the benefit of the doubt.
Humans, particularly on the internet, revel in the negative. This is a very good point.

Redjazz

Each of the Glazers have amended their ownership forms with the SEC to include this:

Strategic Process

"On November 22, 2022, the Issuer announced that the Issuer’s board of directors (the “Board”) was commencing a process to explore strategic alternatives, including, new investments into the Issuer, or a sale, merger, or other transaction involving the Issuer (the “Strategic Process”).

As part of the Strategic Process, the Reporting Persons intend to engage in discussions with third-parties, management, the Board, other representatives of the Issuer, and/or with other holders of securities of the Issuer. In connection with these discussions, the Reporting Persons, including Mr. Glazer in his position as a member of the Board, may suggest, take a position regarding, or participate in, a variety of matters relating to the Strategic Process, which may include, among other things, suggesting changes to the Issuer’s operations, management, corporate governance, capital structure, and control, as well as other alternatives that relate to or would result in: an extraordinary corporate transactions, such as a merger, tender-offer, take-private, or other transaction that could result in the delisting or deregistration of the Class A ordinary shares; changes to the capitalization or dividend policy of the Issuer; or other material changes to the Issuer’s business or corporate structure, including changes to the Issuer’s charter or bylaws or changes in management or the composition of the Board.

To facilitate their consideration of such matters, the Reporting Persons, in their individual capacity, intend to retain consultants and advisors and may enter into discussions with potential sources of capital and other third parties. The Reporting Persons may exchange information with any such persons pursuant to appropriate confidentiality or similar agreements. The Reporting Persons will likely take some or all of the foregoing steps at preliminary stages in their consideration of various possible courses of action before forming any intention to pursue any particular plan or direction.

As a result of these considerations or as a result of the Strategic Process, the Reporting Persons may, from time to time and at any time, (a) acquire additional securities of the Issuer in open market transactions, privately negotiated transactions, through a tender offer or otherwise, or (b) dispose of any or all of their securities of the Issuer in open market transactions, privately negotiated transactions, in connection with an extraordinary corporate transaction, or otherwise."

This has a lot more flesh on the bones than earlier releases, basically ruling nothing in or out.

Andersons Dietician

I read about the club buying the land around Old Trafford a few years ago, any truth to that?
If true any plots large enough to build a brand new stadium?
Somewhere on this site is a map of the surrounding land owned by the glazers, and no, not without knocking down OT.

Boondog

This was coming. The Glazers don't really know how to run a football club. Once Ferguson (as the manager) and David Gill were gone, the decline in the footballing side of things was quick and shocking.

The investor/purchaser will know that a large investment into the first team is still required. Assume that this will be reflected in the purchase price. IMO, you don't go out to buy a club like United planning to run it on a shoestring budget.

The potential of an oil money bid makes me apprehensive. But maybe these are the times we're living in and I should get on with them.

IMO, this is a huge risk for the fans. A bad owner could really derail us - downside risk. On the other hand, an owner who understands the realities and technicalities of running a football franchise could really hit things out of the park - upside risk. Before ETH, I would have been down with tearing as much as possible into the ground - because everything about the club was just run so poorly. But now, I'm a bit less sure of how to assess these risks.

Can't help but feel that Ronaldo being gone is a positive for this process - fewer distractions and risks to consider for the potential buyer.
I think the only way we come out of this in the negative is if a weak consortium wins the bid. And by weak I mean deeply leveraged to make the purchase. I want an owner who isn't at risk of being outbid on the rare young players who hit the market. Like Bellingham this summer for example. We have no shot at that kid without a better ownership situation.

sparx99

Somewhere on this site is a map of the surrounding land owned by the glazers, and no, not without knocking down OT.
I thought those maps showed the opposite. There is enough room to build a new stadium next to the current one and then knock old Trafford down. There was a lot of discussion about that when we had the last announcement about stadium improvements.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not even a fan of Musk but people on here keep doing this thing of finding one slight and hammering on it while conveniently forgetting that he has several successful businesses and definitely knows more about running a company than the most of us. Even if you’re not a fan of his persona, man is super successful so you’d think he’d get the benefit of the doubt.
And have you, by any chance, read up on how he's achieved his success in these businesses? His business practices, how he treats employees (Twitter is just one in a long line of shitshows) and how that works with United's values?

I am not even going to go into the fact that his persona is exactly the problem or that he started out with blood money, so he didn't come from nothing like some on here would have you believe.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Do new owners need to pay the money upfront? So if they want 6bn, Ratcliffe would have to pay out effectively half of his net worth of 13bn? Not sure how it works with takeovers of clubs.
See this is where it all gets interesting. You need a big merchant bank to put together a deal to buy something that expensive. After Musk overpaid for Twitter that market has to be looking shakey. The collapse of the Teamviewer deal and the reasons given (incoming global recession) maybe have also have them spooked, as might the unintended consequence of interest raise rises on a club with a half billion pound mortgage - and who knows how leveraged the rest of their business empire is? Very would be my guess.

But most of all the failure of the European Superleague along with the intensity of competition for top four in the EPL now means they have to spend way more and more effectively than ever before to make the UCL, and if they do not they will see their asset continue to crumble even with ETH.

The Glazers are perhaps thinking this is the last helicopter out of Saigon in terms of selling big. But it may be that helicopter already left.

kaku06

And have you, by any chance, read up on how he's achieved his success in these businesses? His business practices, how he treats employees (Twitter is just one in a long line of shitshows) and how that works with United's values?

I am not even going to go into the fact that his persona is exactly the problem or that he started out with blood money, so he didn't come from nothing like some on here would have you believe.
Which billionaire are you suggesting then who is clean as a whistle to own us? I hope you ain’t that naive to not know that.

Jules_T

Elon will offer to buy us for 12B with much jubilation from the fans. Two weeks before completion he will attempt to back out of the deal explaining that some of the 1.1 billion worldwide fans are not actually real but bots on Twitter, especially after we go on a losing run.

He will be forced to follow through with his bid and take ownership at the end of January.

He will then sack half of the 25 playing squad members and tell the remaining players they need to get more hardcore and train more.

Over the next week, 4 of the 13 remaining players will resign on the spot at which point he will ask any players still with a contact to turn up at Carrington to see if he can put a team together for the next match at home to Barcelona.

I think we should think twice about selling to Elon.

Plassryss

Blood money? Really, where do you have that from?

hp88

Strange liverpool and possibly Utd are both up for sale.
Something must be brewing, interest rates on the rise probably hasnt helped.
Not sure on what the debt situation is like with Liverpool but this would have been a massive blow for us but I think the deciding factor was the ESL flopping.

Rightnr

Blood money? Really, where do you have that from?
His family fortune comes from blood diamonds. The guy is no saint and anyone who thinks otherwise is either deluded or more likely uninformed.

Andersons Dietician

I thought those maps showed the opposite. There is enough room to build a new stadium next to the current one and then knock old Trafford down. There was a lot of discussion about that when we had the last announcement about stadium improvements.
Been a while since I’ve seen the map but from memory I don’t see where they could fit a new stadium without needing to build over some of the land OT is on.

Especially considering you would hope if someone goes down the route of building a new stadium it’s bigger and better plus developing fan areas, possibly fitting in another smaller stadium for the woman’s team youth teams.

Still got the issue of the railway and Hotel football.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I’ve just read a weak news report that says they want around 9Billion. No one one earth is going to pay that. Guess we’re stuck with these parasites

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
His family fortune comes from blood diamonds. The guy is no saint and anyone who thinks otherwise is either deluded or more likely uninformed.
So many people think he's "self made". It's worrying. The only self made billionaires are the likes of Pablo Escobar and El Chapo.

KeanosMagic

Although having the Glazers sell is initially brilliant news to hear, does anyone thinks giving the way football is going, it can be an even bigger worry who can actually afford to take over the club? I.e Saudis owing Newcastle / Qatar owing PSG

As much as I have despised the Glazer ownership and was delighted by the news last night, I can’t but feel apprehensive about the limited number of potential new owners that would be willing/able to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle going forward.

Reactions: Jippy

Rightnr

Which billionaire are you suggesting then who is clean as a whistle to own us? I hope you ain’t that naive to not know that.
I wonder if I'll ever a post on here without some dumb whataboutist reply.

I've written a fair few (most would argue too many) posts in the last 2 hours about there being no clean billionaire.

The problem with Musk is competence and character. Be fails on both. Competence because he'll think he knows how to run a football club when he probably thinks we play on wooden floors. Character because he takes no criticism and sacks off anyone that shows him up to be incompetent in a field no one would expect him to be (except him and his big ego).

Plassryss

Elon Musk started computer programing and invented how we today read «live» newspapers online. Then invented paypal and had to sell and got 160m dollars. Then Tesla and so on. You might not like the guy but he is a genious

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Elon will offer to buy us for 12B with much jubilation from the fans. Two weeks before completion he will attempt to back out of the deal explaining that some of the 1.1 billion worldwide fans are not actually real but bots on Twitter, especially after we go on a losing run.

He will be forced to follow through with his bid and take ownership at the end of January.

He will then sack half of the 25 playing squad members and tell the remaining players they need to get more hardcore and train more.

Over the next week, 4 of the 13 remaining players will resign on the spot at which point he will ask any players still with a contact to turn up at Carrington to see if he can put a team together for the next match at home to Barcelona.

I think we should think twice about selling to Elon.
You forgot the part where you could get a photo with any player for $100 or buy your place in the matchday squad for $500.

Arlo

*In Arnie's voice*
"Joel Glazer...... It is time!"

Seriously though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Rightnr

Elon Musk started computer programing and invented how we today read «live» newspapers online. Then invented paypal and had to sell and got 160m dollars. Then Tesla and so on. You might not like the guy but he is a genious
Yeah, you forgot he invented sliced bread and before that the wheel. Ffs

kaku06

Rightly said. I don’t care about Elon musk but generally people like to hate some people. They like someone upto a point but as soon as someone becomes rich or famous, they start hating on them. It’s a pattern. It reminds them of their own insignificance. They would find something and keep pounding on it ignoring all good points.

MUnchies

Great idea, his takeover of twitter is going swimmingly.
Another one who follows the media narrative. He has owned twitter for what? 2 weeks or so now and he is crashing twitter because he is making his own fecking rules after spending 44billion :lol: "oh we have to work extra hours" "no more free lunch" "no more working at home" Lazy feckers. To think a successful billionaire like Musk doesn't know what he is doing is funny.

So you think twitter is going under now?

AlPistacho

He is rich but not "I own Man UTD" rich.
Quick google search gives a net worth of 25m.
Yeah that’s cash. Total assets i think he’s around £100m. Of course not enough to buy Man Utd, but enough to be the face of a consortium.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
“IF” United are for sale, I guess we can kiss goodbye to any major signings? Surely they won’t spend big if they’re on about selling.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There's so many things wrong with this post that I was surprised not to see white text.

kaku06

I wonder if I'll ever a post on here without some dumb whataboutist reply.

I've written a fair few (most would argue too many) posts in the last 2 hours about there being no clean billionaire.

The problem with Musk is competence and character. Be fails on both. Competence because he'll think he knows how to run a football club when he probably thinks we play on wooden floors. Character because he takes no criticism and sacks off anyone that shows him up to be incompetent in a field no one would expect him to be (except him and his big ego).
Ohh the irony. Heard you the first time, answer the question again. Who do you want us to buy?

kaku06

Another one who follows the media narrative. He has owned twitter for what? 2 weeks or so now and he is crashing twitter because he is making his own fecking rules after spending 44billion :lol: "oh we have to work extra hours" "no more free lunch" "no more working at home" Lazy feckers. To think a successful billionaire like Musk doesn't know what he is doing is funny.

So you think twitter is going under now?
He has destroyed twitter already beyond repair according to some here.

mu4c_20le

Running a club must not be that difficult if bankers and accountants can do it. And he won't be handling the day to day. I can see him being a Mourinho type, ego and success driven. If it works it's all about him, etc

Rightnr

Running a club must not be that difficult if bankers and accountants can do it. And he won't be handling the day to day. I can see him being a Mourinho type, ego and success driven. If it works it's all about him, etc
You must not be paying attention to what he's doing at Twitter :lol: .

The guy just gave everyone Friday off (after ending work from home for just about the most wfh profession) and then told everyone (everyone that didn't take voluntary redundancy that is) to come in on Saturday the next day.

He's the embodiment of a loose cannon and control freak.

slyadams

He literally didn't invent Paypal or Tesla. The guy is demonstrably not a genius.

acolyte

My god, people are STILL promoting this Elon Musk fantasy? After he's shown the world his whole backside over this Twitter fiasco?

This is a 51 year old man-child with the mentality of a 15 year old boy, who's fickle and changeable in the worst way for a boss to be, and whose "wealth" is entirely tied up in the stock prices of companies he's actively tanking.

AlPistacho

“IF” United are for sale, I guess we can kiss goodbye to any major signings? Surely they won’t spend big if they’re on about selling.
Being in the CL next year would increase sale price. So they might buy a striker to increase our value both in terms of assets and as a CL gamble.

Someone

Something
He's a piece of shit.

acolyte

None of this is true beyond "started computer programming". His company was bought out by Confinity, which eventually rebranded as PayPal. His "programming" was so crappy the company rewrote all his code. Don't even get me started on what he did to the actual founders of Tesla. Just like Trump is the poor man's idea of a rich man, Musk is the stupid man's idea of a genius.

Enough Musk spam.

Murray3007

Think this is all due to the European Super League now 100% completely dead in the water. no surprise we now have United and Liverpool on the market selling on from American owners. Hard to sort of think who will come in.

mav_9me

Strange liverpool and possibly Utd are both up for sale.
Something must be brewing, interest rates on the rise probably hasnt helped.
I think both of us are fecked.

That's exactly why they are trying to get out. With the looming recession and money getting much more expensive, they realize it no longer makes sense to hold on and now is a good time to get out. But how? Who is going to buy either of us?

This is an awful economy to buy a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.