Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSpud

This Qatari story is giving off all the right signals too. They are talking about the stadium update, they are talking about fan engagement in the coming weeks, lets see if any of it is true. Remember when the Glazers said they would be holding those fan forums after the SL fiasco and they held maybe one or two?

mu4c_20le

I always hate this argument. Do you love your hotel, the aircraft you fly, gas in your hob, mobile phone supplier, the car you drive as you love United and have a connection with? Anyone who doesn't like us going that path, just let them. Why always bring up these stupid arguments. I, myself, am not sure how I feel about it and how I will feel if it actually happens. If its a consortium, it might be different, but even then I'm not sure.
Whataboutism is the natural defense mechanism.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This could be personal investment which would make sense as they can create clear distinction with PSG ownership.
His personal wealth is his family's and, therefore, his country's wealth. If he's getting involved, then the Qatari state is definitely getting involved. It's why I don't think this private investment group will involve him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Interesting how there are comments implying we'll be unstoppable with filthy rich owners, as if we'll win every trophy in sight with ease. City have armed themselves with a world class squad and arguably the best manager in football and still don't have a CL trophy
That says more about Pep than owners to be honest. Owners can only pump money.

BlueHaze

We get owned by any of them oil states and 7 years from now we'll get dragged down the same mud the city cnuts are in now. Don't trust them for shits. They'll stain the club with their filth. It is a very sad fact that it's looking close to really happening.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Name a single case where sugar daddy oil owners kept the manager at a big club.
No other situation has been like this one. This is the first time an actual big club will be bought by these people. It’s quite obvious the right manager is in place. It’s discussed in the article that they aware of the current climate and mood amongst fans etc.

HarryP

I'd argue that he's more reliable for City news (though can be a bit iffy from time to time). However, since this is an exclusive, I'm thinking that some Manchester-based source can be relaying him the info, so it's not like this info is unreliable.
It seems that info has been relayed to him by Qatari sources because there's a lot of detail in his article and it includes the obligatory fan whooing stuff like 'money to take Utd to the top' and '...is a Utd fan' etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Whataboutism is the natural defense mechanism.
The dismissal of everything as ‘whataboutism’ is the foundation of hypocrisy. It just says ‘I can apply morality as and when I choose, but you cannot.’

Precaution

Sure sounds like a standup fella

Hamad ruled an autocratic regime in Qatar with no organized political opposition and prohibitions on free speech and dissent.[6][7][8] During Hamad's rule, Qatar hosted two US military bases. It also maintained close relations with Iran. He supported and funded rebel movements, particularly in Libya and Syria during the Arab Spring, while maintaining political stability at home. The Sheikh founded news media group Al Jazeera. He also played a part in negotiations between the US and the Taliban.[9][10] In June 2013, Hamad, in a brief televised address, announced that he would hand power to his fourth son, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.[

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As mentioned, there is a bid deadline in the coming days. That doesn’t mean they will or even could own the club in the next few days. Just means the bid will be in and the rest of the process plays out.
A process which Raine group aims to complete this quarter

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
That says more about Pep than owners to be honest. Owners can only pump money.
Pep Guardiola is a decent manager (but I'd be a decent manager with prime Lionel Messi in my team!). I think we are seeing recently that without a strong assistant manager (e.g. Mikel Arteta) he is prone to making weird decisions - the team setup vs Spurs on Sunday for example, and when he did get City to a CL final he decided to 'experiment' when if he had stuck to the system and the players that had got them there, he would have probably won it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Qatar, Beckham, Messi ,Inter Miami -

Messi would sign for United for an year and then move to MLS ?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It seems that info has been relayed to him by Qatari sources because there's a lot of detail in his article and it includes the obligatory fan whooing stuff like 'money to take Utd to the top' and '...is a Utd fan' etc.
Perhaps. This isn't his first exclusive about United's sale, though, which makes me think that he might have someone in the Raine Group or in touch with United, somehow. Ben Jacobs and Adam Crafton both, however, have Qatari sources, so they'll offer a more Qatari perspective.

cyberman

Surely that’s a European problem and not an English one? I’m seeing City buy clubs all over Europe that they could theoretically meet in Europe.
In fact wasn’t there a problem with Chelsea and a Dutch club where they wanted the Dutch club not to qualify for Europe?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Name a single case where sugar daddy oil owners kept the manager at a big club.
A sugar daddy hasn’t bought Real Madrid that’s why. They buy no marks and try and turn them into Real Madrid. Not to mention, Manchester United sack manager already if they are displeased with them, it’s not a concept introduced by Arabs. We’ve had 4 people in the hotseat in the last 18 months.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sir Jim Ratcliffe the United fan from Oldham vs Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani the United fan from Qatar. Get them both on telly and whoever belts out 12 Cantonas best wins.
If he is so big on supporting the local, why didnt he buy Oldham Athletic?

mu4c_20le

No other situation has been like this one. This is the first time an actual big club will be bought by these people. It’s quite obvious the right manager is in place. It’s discussed in the article that they aware of the current climate and mood amongst fans etc.
The last part just sounds like standard PR

I want to be optimistic, but I get the feeling that some of you pro oil are just assuming that they will make the correct and most sensible decisions all the time.

Nick7

Surely that’s a European problem and not an English one? I’m seeing City buy clubs all over Europe that they could theoretically meet in Europe.
In fact wasn’t there a problem with Chelsea and a Dutch club where they wanted the Dutch club not to qualify for Europe?
Yeah there’s ways around it. See Red Bull, sorry, FC Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

Blood Mage

Ten Hag isn't fecking Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce. The new owners will be fully behind him as it's clear he's building something promising.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The last part just sounds like standard PR

I want to be optimistic, but I get the feeling that some of you pro oil are just assuming that they will make the correct and most sensible decisions all the time.
They put things in place to make sure they do well. PSG a slight exception maybe but I think it’s just because that league is so weak it’s hard to build something truly resilient to the pressures of the CL.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We get owned by any of them oil states and 7 years from now we'll get dragged down the same mud the city cnuts are in now. Don't trust them for shits. They'll stain the club with their filth. It is a very sad fact that it's looking close to really happening.
One thing that I think is overlooked is that United being successful with rich owners carries very different connotations to City or Burnley becoming CL winners with rich owners. The perception is very different. We are old money. Nobody would say Real Madrid success is tainted if they had a sugar daddy. They are supposed to win. It’s more of a taking point with City because of how fecking ‘unnatural’ it seems to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.