Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm absolutely thrilled to get rid of these fecking parasites but I also can't help feeling a bit nervous that whoever buys us could end up being even worse, if that's possible.

Lj82

Not sure if the people suggesting a potential bid by the Chinese are saying so in jest or honestly haven't been keeping up with news, but the days where they spent ridiculous amount of money on football is truly over.

There was a crackdown a couple of years back which ended the crazy days. The situation is even more impossible now given the fraught Chinese economy. The recent Chinese version of forbes indicated a big drop in the number of Chinese billionaires. Those who remained on the list saw their fortunes shrunk drastically. And the introduction of a recent policy to "regulate" the rich individuals will certainly aggravate the situation further.

oneway

The Dubai investors are actually more realistic investors i don`t think the Americans and Ratcliffe have the money to buy Utd and build the stadium/training complex and invest in the team. Outside of wealthy Arabs most investors would want to see real returns on their investment people are not going to spend vast amount of money for any other reason.

JustKatie

Can someone convince me that there isnt a scenario where we actually regret the Glazers going and somehow end up with even worse owners??
As an eternal pessimist I wish I could.
Glazers, as crap as they are, have invested in the team.
We could end up with owners who won't spend any money or just as bad, corrupt owners sportwashing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The Glazers are looking for $5-$9bn? But the Dubai Consortium are going to offer $10.6bn? Which is the top end of the scale. If that is an indication of their commercial acumen, then it's not a good sign :D
That's probably including a bunch of add-ons like if we win the CL and world cup in the same season. $2billion.
AWB scoring 20 goals a season, $500million.
Dreamy DDG posing nude in a magazine to be named. $500million
Martial plays 45 matches each season for the next 5 years. 500million

RedDevilRoshi

I'm absolutely thrilled to get rid of these fecking parasites but I also can't help feeling a bit nervous that whoever buys us could end up being even worse, if that's possible.
It is possible which is why I’m not getting too excited just yet.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wouldn’t read anything into that. The club has just been put up for sale.
I doubt that they would put their most expensive asset for sale without first testing the water and see the vibes around it.

Zlatattack

Norway has oil money and are generally a nice country and people. Maybe they could buy United. We'd take Ole back on too, as an assistant manager, or a mascot.

BarstoolProphet

Can't understand the appeal.
Clean, very safe, warm climate, luxurious, a lot of stuff to see and do. It's easy to see the appeal. Only thing missing is the scenery (although desert experience can be quite good) and the general cost of living is very high.

dpansheth

I doubt that they would put their most expensive asset for sale without first testing the water and see the vibes around it.
Broncos sale and potential fees quoted for commanders sale I think is the basis of Glazers decision. And thats why I think they have been trying to find a buyer from a year or so.

So story true and we will get new owners. Who and how good or bad they are remains to be seen.

whitbyviking

Norway has oil money and are generally a nice country and people. Maybe they could buy United. We'd take Ole back on too, as an assistant manager, or a mascot.
Norway would be a nightmare as owners, for different reasons to the others. I live here, I see how they function. If you think nepotism is bad in the Middle East than Norway is comparable. Many friends of friends type deals done here. Only slightly white text here.

Varun1

Ratcliffe allegedly is a shite owner too, there’s a post on here somewhere detailing all the poor things at Nice that’s gone on during Ratcliffe’s ownership.
That would make for interesting reading, does anyone have a link for that post please?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Good for them. But this is reality 2022, not imaginary 2030. They should be nowhere near our club as it stands.
What if the tory govt abolished abortions and other rights ? Would you advocate united being shifted elsewhere until things are sorted out back home ?

redcucumber

He must be a city person.
Ey? What's that got to do with it. I'm a city person, live central and don't understand the appeal of Dubai at all. London, Istanbul, Barcelona, Berlin. Those have genuine, 'city' appeal. Dubai has no real history or edge.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ey? What's that got to do with it. I'm a city person, live central and don't understand the appeal of Dubai at all. London, Istanbul, Barcelona, Berlin. Those have genuine, 'city' appeal. Dubai has no real history or edge.
Everyone has different tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.