Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And it's the same set of posters who are absolutely tripping over each other to somehow prove a point which the other won't agree with.

At this point this thread has become useless and I have to sift through pages of this same nonsense to read a tweet or a discussion on something relevant to our takeover.
Spare the rare tweet, there's nothing of interest in this thread beyond the usual arguments.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
When alternative is being owned by a country, that criminalises being gay, ratcliffe looks like Karl Marx.
Qatar aren't portraying themselves or their bid as progressive. Ratcliffe is

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
10 people over a 4 year period being arrested in public is not systematic persecution of a group. If you think it is you really don’t know what persecution is.

Like I’ve always said the Qataris are not actively going out persecuting the LGBT community. The policy to that, and things like sex before marriage, drinking is what goes on in the house should stay in the house.
Because gay people have to be incredibly closeted. Obviously.

NK86

Spare the rare tweet, there's nothing of interest in this thread beyond the usual arguments.
I agree. But then pretty much every morning this thread has grown by 4-5 pages and I think maybe there's something worth seeing. Unfortunately it's just the same people saying the same thing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Pay £6m if that's what it takes
Not sure his dad being an investor, will just dish out a few hundred million just to please his son. But if they are smart, they will make use of the Manchester United brand for new multiple revenue streams.

Appletonred

This is quite a wild thread, politics, religion, morality, and a little bit of football, think we should be just thankful that the glazer era is coming to an end tbh, anyway, I think this gets done for pretty much close to what the glazers are demanding.

Judas

Open to offers
A simple piece of advice - worry about what you can control and forget about what you have no control over. There are a lot more things to worry about in life than who the owners are.

If the Qataris own United, does that make you a bad person? Or if Ratcliffe wins, does that make you a environmental crim?

There is some much energy wasted here over something people have ZERO control over -- other than to stop supporting United.

A few pages of discussion I can understand -- bare your soul, online catharsis, therapy etc.

But 700+pages? Ridiculous.
You have the 3rd most posts in this entire thread, don't you feel like a bit of an idiot complaining about the contents when you've been knee sliding with glee and scoffing on the shit the entire time? Staggering lack of self awareness :lol:

red thru&thru

I believe Glazers will sell. I'm quite convinced of it. What happens after this is what intrigues me.

Who will keep their jobs in the hierarchy? Who replaces them? I do not want the new owners to bring in their "own" people. For now, I'd leave Arnold to do his job, and instruct him to go and get the best, in whatever position he sees fit...if needed.

The current upward trajectory should remain. The takeover will cause plenty of upheaval outside the club, that we need some calm and consistency within it.

Telsim

I believe Glazers will sell. I'm quite convinced of it. What happens after this is what intrigues me.

Who will keep their jobs in the hierarchy? Who replaces them? I do not want the new owners to bring in their "own" people. For now, I'd leave Arnold to do his job, and instruct him to go and get the best, in whatever position he sees fit...if needed.

The current upward trajectory should remain. The takeover will cause plenty of upheaval outside the club, that we need some calm and consistency within it.
Arnold will be the first out of the door, if the club gets sold. No one is going to spend 5bn+ and not appoint their own CEO.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You have the 3rd most posts in this entire thread, don't you feel like a bit of an idiot complaining about the contents when you've been knee sliding with glee and scoffing on the shit the entire time? Staggering lack of self awareness :lol:
Right. You got me. :rolleyes:

Do a breakdown then

TheReligion

Abusive
The SJR ownership for me would be no different than the Glazers staying. The main benefit of selling the club was the hope that the debt would be cleared, which should help make the club competitive without the need of any added investment. If SJR gets the club and keeps the debt, what has changed exactly here? And of course since he won't be buying the club fully, any additional investment in the stadium will be through additional debt.
That’s just silly and misinformed

Of course it would be different. They wouldn’t be taking money out of the club every year for a start!

HarryP

I’ve been out of this thread for ages now, just a quick question - do you think it is ignorant to say that Qatar is one of the worst places in the world for human rights then?!?!?
Hey @Wumminator

Are you still ducking the question as to whether you'd prefer the Glazers to stay (with minority investment from a vulture hedge fund) rather than the Qataris owning us?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You are starting a cultural war now? Western v Islamic values?

But you indirectly have unearthed what is actually going on here.
And the point is?

as the other poster said… it’s unbelievably clear the bias against the Middle East and other “3rd world” countries from the west…classic hypocrisy
That’s the norm in that country. If a Qatari said something about norms here I’d say the same. Whatever works for every society.
In the context of the comment I replied to it shows just what value women have in that society.

“no you got it all wrong mate, I love women. Yeah, that’s why I’ve got 7”

It’s a really delicate and interesting position the women’s team would be put in, and I’m sure some will take a moral objection and leave but thats okay cos we only care about the men’s team, right?

red thru&thru

Arnold will be the first out of the door, if the club gets sold. No one is going to spend 5bn+ and not appoint their own CEO.
Be pretty foolish imo.

I'm not saying he's the answer, however, things are finally moving in the right direction, and would be silly to change.

Not saying the following is on the same level (due to our success), however, the Glazers kept David Gill on after the takeover.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Be pretty foolish imo.

I'm not saying he's the answer, however, things are finally moving in the right direction, and would be silly to change.

Not saying the following is on the same level (due to our success), however, the Glazers kept David Gill on after the takeover.
Hardly a benchmark that. Not as if they had any idea about football to bring in a CEO anyway, even if we had a good on already in David Gill.

Coops73

Ahh never heard of him. Sounds a very powerful and knowledgeable individual. I understand the comparison now.
Erm…yeah fair enough :angel:

The point being you can’t stop the inevitable no matter how powerful and knowledgeable one might be.

mctrials23

I’ve been out of this thread for ages now, just a quick question - do you think it is ignorant to say that Qatar is one of the worst places in the world for human rights then?!?!?
Most metrics seem to put them very much in the middle of the pack.

Mainoldo

Well, you're clearly a big part of it, so you're one of us. Whether it's people joking, or fighting, or reacting to some news. It's not always bickering or human rights, but it's certainly the main concern. Otherwise the thread would just be one big circle jerk of which big star to sign with the oil money.
Bredda. Let the narrative go. Nobody Is sitting round thinking about Qatar and daydreaming thinking we are going to buy all the ‘big stars’.

It’s a lazy narrative ran by the same people who believe in ‘eFans’.

Mbappe ain’t coming just because we get Qatar and if for instance he wanted to come. It’s not the end of the world. We’ve had big stars before.

red thru&thru

Hardly a benchmark that. Not as if they had any idea about football to bring in a CEO anyway, even if we had a good on already in David Gill.
My point still stands. It would be foolish to get rid of anyone straight away.

However, we aren't privy to inside conversations. We don't know how and what is said between people. Arnold could be a complete bell e*d and not fit in with the vision of the new owners.

But for me, the current set up is working. It could be the fact that EtH is masking the issues behind the scenes, however, I like how Arnold is running the club up to this point. I like what I hear from him and I like what I hear about him (from social media, etc).

Hopefully, the new owners have a 90 days review of things and see what's what. I'd at least give them this summer transfer window.

Ps, my ultimate set up has always been to appoint Edwin as CEO and Paul Mitchell ,or Michael Edwards, as DoF. However, I believe the current set up should be given a chance.

Cloud7

There is very little precedence for a situation like this to make any kind of call. There have been very few clubs of our size taken over in the last 20 years or so. City and PSG aren't good comparisons as their starting point was far away from ours. The only comparable club really is Chelsea after Roman was made to sell, but then the people that were placed in that job (At least Grovanovska or whatever her name was) were personally affiliated with him. Arnold doesn't seem to be a personal Glazer man like Woody was.

Either way, we have a very small sample size to go on so its quit pointless making assumptions about what will and won't happen, especially with such confidence.

And if he happens to get replaced and we end up getting someone better, great. By and large him and Murtough's "good work" has largely been based around getting the most exciting managerial prospect in the world in at the club. Had we gotten Poch in and were floundering in sixth place, then nothing they were doing would have been receiving any praise.

It's a bit like how FSG and the Liverpool hierarchy suddenly all became great at managing a club because they got Klopp in and he got things going in the right direction.

Mainoldo

There is very little precedence for a situation like this to make any kind of call. There have been very few clubs of our size taken over in the last 20 years or so. City and PSG aren't good comparisons as their starting point was far away from ours. The only comparable club really is Chelsea after Roman was made to sell, but then the people that were placed in that job (At least Grovanovska or whatever her name was) were personally affiliated with him. Arnold doesn't seem to be a personal Glazer man like Woody was.

Either way, we have a very small sample size to go on so its quit pointless making assumptions about what will and won't happen, especially with such confidence.

And if he happens to get replaced and we end up getting someone better, great. By and large him and Murtough's "good work" has largely been based around getting the most exciting managerial prospect in the world in at the club. Had we gotten Poch in and were floundering in sixth place, then nothing they were doing would have been receiving any praise.

It's a bit like how FSG and the Liverpool hierarchy suddenly all became great at managing a club because they got Klopp in and he got things going in the right direction.
It’s true everyone hating on John like he’s doing anything different to Edwards. The difference is Edwards gets credited for VVD. John gets zero credit for Casemiro. I hope he stays in charge. The last thing we need is ETH reporting to brand new people after just coming in and starting well. Keep the stability is what I say.

Just hire a new negotiating team and a Joel Glazer type to report to.

Ahriman

It’s a really delicate and interesting position the women’s team would be put in, and I’m sure some will take a moral objection and leave but thats okay cos we only care about the men’s team, right?
How did the womens team for Man City and Newcastle react to their owners? Surely there's your answer.

red thru&thru

Just hire a new negotiating team and a Joel Glazer type to report to.
This should be the job of the CEO, Richard Arnold. There have been complaints in the past that United have too many reporting lines, and there for slow, cumbersome decisions are made.

We need to streamline the reporting lines so we can be more agile and nimble in negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.