Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepulturite

Here is what I am saying. I will make it 100% crystal clear.

I got tagged by someone who lives thousands of miles away from Manchester about how happy he is supporting Manchester United now his home town heroes might purchase the club. He is buzzing about this.

I don’t see it as anything to brag about at all. The guy lives thousands of miles from the game. He has plenty of local teams he could watch and support. I 100% don’t get the supporting of a team you can’t watch. That’s not xenophobic. That’s what I believe. I don’t get cockneys who support United or Scousers that support United.

For me, your football club is one that is nearby or potentiallypassed on by someone in your family. It’s a way of life that you and people like you go to watch the local match.When some posters enjoy their local team buying a club, some posters enjoy their local team scoring a goal.

I KNOW this means I would alienate a large chunk of our fanbase. I genuinely don’t care. Of course you can support the team from wherever, it is just odd to me.

EDIT: and because of my romantic views of football, I don’t want a regime with thousands of deaths on their hands with anythhing to do with my club. I don’t want a regime with misogynistic, homophobic and hateful laws taking over the club. I would rather not win anything than win something that has been tainted through a morally dubious regime.
Really interesting take to be making on a United forum owned by someone who isn't from Manchester, or even from Britain.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Really interesting take to be making on a United forum owned by someone who isn't from Manchester, or even from Britain.
Im not supporting the Glazers am I? I would love them to feck off as well.

Ideally, we would have fan representation in the ownership. Unfortunately, the game is too far gone.

cyberman

This is such fecking bs. I'm so sick of people accusing others of racism because they are opposed to being owned by the state of Qatar. The same shit was said about those that wanted to have a conversation about human rights records during the World Cup. It's a really low, scumbaggy thing to do.
No, he’s accused of racism because of actual signs of racism.
it’s a shit show of a thread but it deserves to be called out.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
This is such fecking bs. I'm so sick of people accusing others of racism because they are opposed to being owned by the state of Qatar. The same shit was said about those that wanted to have a conversation about human rights records during the World Cup. It's a really low, scumbaggy thing to do.
Would you like to have a look at @Wumminator's latest claim that he is a more important United fan, simply because he is from Manchester? What are your thoughts in that?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You’re definitely acting superior. I think you can make your point (which I broadly agree with) in a far less shitty way.
Yeah. Probably, but then again - I left this thread because I didn’t want to upset people and then got dragged back in by someone tagging me because the Qataris have taken over.So, feck it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Would you like to have a look at @Wumminator's latest claim that he is a more important United fan, simply because he is from Manchester? What are your thoughts in that?
Can I simply reword your question to make it easier. I’m going to add in a word to make it correct.

Would you like to have a look at Wumminator’s claims that he is a more important MANCHESTER United fan because he is from Manchester?

redcucumber

Jesus Christ almightly.

Yep, as it was said here you truly showed your true colours. You just doubled on your lousy take people quoted you on. Incredible.
I mean, surely a fan that has invested tens of thousands of pounds and thousands of hours travelling to and from games is just more involved? It's a global game and you can obviously watch from an igloo in the Arctic etc., but there's a big difference between the two.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah. Probably, but then again - I left this thread because I didn’t want to upset people and then got dragged back in by someone tagging me because the Qataris have taken over.So, feck it.
They haven’t. Looks like nothing has changed. This is like a septic transfer forum thread. Best avoided until the title changes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Surely the ones who travel long distances every week are just as important as someone who just travels down the road. They put a lot of effort in to support United. This thread is taking a funny turn again isn't it?

Josep Dowling

Also I know plenty of Cockneys that are United fans. That’s why there is always jokes about United fans going back to London on the trains.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Surely the ones who travel long distances every week are just as important as someone who just travels down the road. They put a lot of effort in to support United. This thread is taking a funny turn again isn't it?
Yeah, the people who go every week have massive respect from me! They’re the true life blood of the club. I know some dedicated reds who come from Ireland every weekend.

sepulturite

I mean, surely a fan that has invested tens of thousands of pounds and thousands of hours travelling to and from games is just more involved? It's a global game and you can obviously watch from an igloo in the Arctic etc., but there's a big difference between the two.
No one is disputing that, but he's saying he's a superior fan to anyone else outside of Manchester, he actually used that word. And that's absolute bollocks. I've supported United for 30 years, but somehow I'm less superior because I was born in Ireland? Feck off with that crap.

Real Name

You called me a white supremacist because I believe people should support their local team.
I didnt call you one, I said your posts sound like posts from one.

Also you didnt just say people should support their local team, which they should. You followed it with remarks about people from thousands away supporting United being odd, how your posts will alienate ton of fans and you dont care and how superior you are to all the fans who aren't from Manchester like you.
That's why your posts sound like they sound. Do you tell yourself in the mirror how superior you are every morning?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It has. If we had to rank fans then match-going fans (wherever they come from) would have to top the list. With those who attend games home and away top of the list. Wumminator’s broadside at cockney reds (many of whom never miss a game) is a bit unnecessary. Also. We don’t have to rank fans.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
If he's spent a huge chuck of his time and resources travelling to watch games I agree with him.
Based on your logic, a season ticket holder from London surely would spend more time and money to watch United's home games (and away games too). Does this make him a more important fan then @Wumminator, who's apparently a local Manchester lad?

Because that is not how @Wumminator terms it. He thinks he is more important then others, just because of where he was born and raised in. Nothing else.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No one is disputing that, but he's saying he's a superior fan to anyone else outside of Manchester, he actually used that word. And that's absolute bollocks. I've supported United for 30 years, but somehow I'm less superior because I was born in Ireland? Feck off with that crap.
Am I superior as a fan who regularly goes to games over someone who doesn’t?

Yes.

Are there other fans who are superior to me?

Absolutely.

Real Name

Did I see there isnt a difference and local fans arent more involved?
That goes without saying.

Yes it's a global game but someone from thousand miles apart is just as fan as someone 5 metres from Old Trafford if he isnt just wathcing for results and doesnt care more than that.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Can we just point out that my insults towards Cockneys are not just because of their lack of allegiance to United but also because they’re cockneys.

NotThatSoph

There are a lot of xenophobes and racists around, I think it's a bit hypocritical to be selectively outraged here.

Real Name

I think we should make a list of United fans.

More miles you're away from Manchester less points you get.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It is a bit mad that anyone would deny that someone born and raised in Manchester doesn’t have, at the very least, the possibility of having a deeper connection with the club than someone who isn’t a Mancunian. That’s just a fact.

Although it’s surely not possible to have some kind of “connection threshold” below which someone is not a ‘proper fan’

Tarrou

aussie based fans are the most superior anyway as we regularly screw up our sleeping patterns to get up at 3am and watch utter shite (well, until this season)

Status
Not open for further replies.