Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepulturite

Am I superior as a fan who regularly goes to games over someone who doesn’t?

Yes.

Are there other fans who are superior to me?

Absolutely.
To the first part, no you are not.

And to the second part, with the way you behave on here every United fan in the world is superior to you.

Real Name

It is a bit mad that anyone would deny that someone born and raised in Manchester doesn’t have, at the very least, the possibility of having a deeper connection with the club than someone who isn’t a Mancunian. That’s just a fact.

Although it’s surely not possible to have some kind of “connection threshold” below which someone is not a ‘proper fan’
Nobody is disputing that.
What people are disputing is him taking shit on all the fans abroad.

Yes it's a global game but someone from thousand miles apart is just as fan as someone 5 metres from Old Trafford
They aren’t though.

I’m still a season ticket holder and a “local lad” originally, though my brother uses it for most games now. Since I moved to Sweden I’m absolutely not as much as fan as the lads who go most weeks, and especially not as those who go home and away. That’s just obvious.
Our most important fans are always going to be the core local support.
Then we have a bunch of Southern and Irish fans who are absolutely brilliant and committed, but the second you start moving further afield, as with myself now, no you aren’t as important.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nobody is disputing that.
What people are disputing is him taking shit on all the fans abroad.
I think many would dispute that. Although it’s not that important in the grand scheme of things. That’s something else I find weird. The way so many people get incredibly worked up that there might be fans who are more connected and/or do more to support the club than they do. Who cares?!?

Godfather

I think many would dispute that. Although it’s not that important in the grand scheme of things. That’s something else I find weird. The way so many people get incredibly worked up that there might be fans who are more connected and/or do more to support the club than they do.
It's actually the other way round. What is really REALLY weird is people like that WUM account that come on here to point out how much more important they are than others. Now that is really weird. Bit sad also.

Real Name

They aren’t though.

I’m still a season ticket holder and a “local lad” originally, though my brother uses it for most games now. Since I moved to Sweden I’m absolutely not as much as fan as the lads who go most weeks, and especially not as those who go home and away. That’s just obvious.
Then we have a bunch of Southern and Irish fans who are absolutely brilliant and committed, but the second you start moving further afield, as with myself now, no you aren’t as important.
Just as fan not as much as fan.
There's a difference. Of course local fans are more involved and more important.

Guy said he's superior.
That sounds... Well. Wrong.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's actually the other way round. What is really REALLY weird is people like that WUM account that come on here to point out how much more important they are than others. Now that is really weird. Bit sad also.
That’s weird too. Although I put it down to him getting emotional about the prospect of Qatari ownership (which I understand) and lashing out at people getting excited about it (which I also understand) He doesn’t come out it all looking well though.

Real Name

How am I taking a shit on them?
Here is what I am saying. I will make it 100% crystal clear.

I got tagged by someone who lives thousands of miles away from Manchester about how happy he is supporting Manchester United now his home town heroes might purchase the club. He is buzzing about this.

I don’t see it as anything to brag about at all. The guy lives thousands of miles from the game. He has plenty of local teams he could watch and support. I 100% don’t get the supporting of a team you can’t watch. That’s not xenophobic. That’s what I believe. I don’t get cockneys who support United or Scousers that support United.

For me, your football club is one that is nearby or potentiallypassed on by someone in your family. It’s a way of life that you and people like you go to watch the local match.When some posters enjoy their local team buying a club, some posters enjoy their local team scoring a goal.

I KNOW this means I would alienate a large chunk of our fanbase. I genuinely don’t care. Of course you can support the team from wherever, it is just odd to me.

EDIT: and because of my romantic views of football, I don’t want a regime with thousands of deaths on their hands with anythhing to do with my club. I don’t want a regime with misogynistic, homophobic and hateful laws taking over the club. I would rather not win anything than win something that has been tainted through a morally dubious regime.
You should keep track of what you're saying.

sepulturite

They aren’t though.

This is all fair enough, and I agree. For me it's his terminology that pissed me off, saying he's a superior fan. It's just bollocks. As I said I've been a fan for 30 years, but I just can't get over to games like I did in my 20s, I just don't have the money anymore, that doesn't mean I'm a less 'superior' fan.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
When on Earth did I do this?

This whole thing started because someone who supported a murderous regime taking over my club tagged me to wind me up.

I then pointed out to him he can be happy his favourite murderous anti gay regime are taking over our club, but he’ll never experience supporting United as I have.

Godfather

That’s weird too. Although I put it down to him getting emotional about the prospect of Qatari ownership (which I understand) and lashing out at people getting excited about it (which I also understand) He doesn’t come out it all looking well though.
He's gone on with it for too long to put it down to an emotional outburst.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This is all fair enough, and I agree. For me it's his terminology that pissed me off, saying he's a superior fan. It's just bollocks. As I said I've been a fan for 30 years, but I just can't get over to games like I did in my 20s, I just don't have the money anymore.
I can’t get to games as much as I like either.

I’m skint!

If it’s any consolation - you are also a superior fan to people who have never been tk the games and support from thousands of miles away.

Chief123

Well ya see, if one fan is celebrating someone from his country buying a club and the other is at the game there is clearly one more rewarding way to follow the game.
Bollocks. How the hell does it make it more rewarding to be from the country the club is in? So every foreign supporter can’t have the same satisfaction? Lame back track effort.

You tried to mock the guy by bringing the fact he lives in a different country - like that really matters? Wtf has that got to do with any conversation?

You’ve spewed a lot of shite in this thread in general sitting on your high horse trying to take the moral high ground while stooping down to try and have a cheap dig at the other poster for being a foreigner. Let’s be honest, your issue with Qatari owners is because they are foreign right?

Spoony

The People's President
I think Wumminator is probably on the wind up.

I’m skint!

If it’s any consolation - you are also a superior fan to people who have never been tk the games and support from thousands of miles away.
He he. I'm skint too.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Bollocks. How the hell does it make it more rewarding to be from the country the club is in? So every foreign supporter can’t have the same satisfaction? Lame back track effort.

You tried to mock the guy by bringing the fact he lives in a different country - like that really matters? Wtf has that got to do with any conversation?

You’ve spewed a lot of shite in this thread in general sitting on your high horse trying to take the moral high ground while stooping down to try and have a cheap dig at the other poster for being a foreigner. Let’s be honest, your issue with Qatari owners is because they are foreign right?
How does it make it more rewarding… to support a club from the same country?

fecking hell. Is that not obvious?

My issue with Qatar is (like most people up until this bid) I think they’re a disgusting regime with blood on their hands and repressive laws. I genuinely couldn’t give a shit which country the owners are from as long as they’re not… evil.

Real Name

I’m skint!

Maybe some fans from thousands miles away dont have money to go to games?

I guess the more money you have you're more superior to others, amIrite?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

It definitely would. Where are you from? I’m from Dublin, in Ireland. It would 100% have felt more rewarding to be watching a team called Dublin United win all those trophies over the years.

Still felt rewarding as hell, mind you. So it’s all good.

redcucumber

Oh look, there it is again.

Chief123

He has finally shown his true colours. All these talks about Qatar's bad human right records are just excuses to mask his true problem about the Qatari bid, that Jassim is not an Englishman. I would not be surprised if @Wumminator is not the only one in this thread that shares the same feeling about this.
Exactly this.
How does it make it more rewarding… to support a club from the same country?

fecking hell. Is that not obvious?
Are you stupid? Why does the fact someone is from a different country make it more or less rewarding? You are talking utter nonsense. So the maximum reward is only for those that live within the postcode of the club?

Godfather

When on Earth did I do this?

This whole thing started because someone who supported a murderous regime taking over my club tagged me to wind me up.

I then pointed out to him he can be happy his favourite murderous anti gay regime are taking over our club, but he’ll never experience supporting United as I have.
You did it twice within the last two pages? I'm not even arguing the point that local fans are obviously hugely important. How freaking obvious can it get. But to feel the need to point this out in the manner you did is childish.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Exactly this.

Are you stupid? Why does the fact someone is from a different country make it more or less rewarding? You are talking utter nonsense. So the maximum reward is only for those that live within the postcode of the club?
If United won the Prem this year - where would you most like to be in the world at that moment?

Godfather

TBF - I then have people posting absolute drivel at me so I had to respond.
Some drivel yes but most was justified. What you could have done is let it go or own up that the way you put this was over the top. Instead you decided to make an even bigger ass out of yourself. And I must know as I've been there more than once during my 15 years on this board. So leave this thread be man. There's not much we can do about the situation anyway. I think Qatar are nailed on to buy United.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Maybe some fans from thousands miles away dont have money to go to games?

I guess the more money you have you're more superior to others, amIrite?
They don’t have the money because it would be financially irresponsible to travel once a week to see a team thousands of miles away.

Negative Red

Some fantastic relevant points made regarding the sale. I'm glad I come here for updates. Well done. Let me know when you've decided who the best fan is.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Some drivel yes but most was justified. What you could have done is let it go or own up that the way you put this was over the top. Instead you decided to make an even bigger ass out of yourself.
Fair enough. I guess I’ll have to take the accusations of xenophobia and racism on the chin because I think it’s important to support a local team.

dove

It is a bit mad that anyone would deny that someone born and raised in Manchester doesn’t have, at the very least, the possibility of having a deeper connection with the club than someone who isn’t a Mancunian. That’s just a fact.

Although it’s surely not possible to have some kind of “connection threshold” below which someone is not a ‘proper fan’
I think most people agree with that. It's just that the posts from that guy are always negatively aimed towards our international fans and typically have some stupid childish remarks about "FIFA players" and whatnot, and always looks like it was posted by a xenophobic. It probably stems from his inability to understand how can someone support a club living thousands of miles away when they have local clubs to choose from, as he himself said. Trying to understand it would maybe help to broaden the perspective a bit.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think most people agree with that. It's just that the posts from that guy are always negatively aimed towards our international fans and typically have some stupid childish remarks about "FIFA players" and whatnot, and always looks like it was posted by a xenophobic. It probably stems from his inability to understand how can someone support a club living thousands of miles away when they have local clubs to choose from, as he himself said. Trying to understand it would maybe help to broaden the perspective a bit.
I do think everyone would enjoy football more if they went to local clubs and watched them regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.