Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I know of foreign United fans who supported United since the Munich crash. People on a minimum wage who would do a part time job solely so they can afford to go and watch United live. Tha lt was their only holiday per year which considering the city they went to is quite amazing indeed. The founders of our supporters club had dug deep within their pockets to set the oldest united supporters club in the world and to keep it afloat during the bad times (both in terms of performance and Malta's economy). That is something the likes of Sir Matt, Murphy and Sir Alex appreciated greatly. But sure wumminator is superior to them
The same Sir Alex and Busby you said need to wear nappies because they aren’t mentally capable anymore?

Don’t take the moral high ground Devilish. I’ve got about five hundred posts of yours to quote with blatant xenophobia and offensive language.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
No they’re not.
Yes, they are. You have a geological advantage, nothing more. Quantifying how much United means to any individual fan is hard to do and whether they can get to OT regularly wouldn't be fair to use as we dont know if 'foreigner' fan wouldn't do the same if they happened to live close by.
If I lived close by I'd go to more games, but I wouldn't scoff at those who couldn't as it wouldnt mean United meant more to me or that I was a superior fan than someone from a distant land, for example.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
https://worldcoalition.org/pays/qatar/

https://www.ohchr.org/en/news/2022/...ttee-commend-legislative-revision-efforts-and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Qatar#:~:text=Qatar has the death penalty,death penalty for this charge.

They do have capital punishment but only for very serious crimes from what I've read and only had one in the last 20 years.

So I'd be cautious calling them "murderers" as was mentioned right at the beginning of this thread.

Also, as you sure know, it shouldn't be me having to rebut claims like that. If you are bold enough to call someone murderer you should have decent sources for that claim.
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-re...orker-deaths-remain-uninvestigated-new-report

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63904952.amp

https://amp.theguardian.com/global-...grant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/11/30/qatar-world-cup-chief-publicly-admits-high-migrant-death-tolls

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The same Sir Alex and Busby you said need to wear nappies because they aren’t mentally capable anymore?

Don’t take the moral high ground Devilish. I’ve got about five hundred posts of yours to quote with blatant xenophobia and offensive language.
Actually I questioned having people at board level in their 80s but that has nothing to do with that post as I was not talking about myself but about other people I know. For the record I feel that they are far better supporters then I am.

Ps I already said that I Don't want you banned.

cyberman

Yes, they are. You have a geological advantage, nothing more. Quantifying how much United means to any individual fan is hard to do and whether they can get to OT regularly wouldn't be fair to use as we dont know if 'foreigner' fan wouldn't do the same if they happened to live close by.
If I lived close by I'd go to more games, but I wouldn't scoff at those who couldn't as it wouldnt mean United meant more to me or that I was a superior fan than someone from a distant land, for example.
To be fair he wasn’t saying locals are better or anything. He just jumped on a foreign fan for being foreign and for somehow only caring about transfers and not what happens on the pitch. There wasn’t any mention of locals in the posts.
All because he was foreign.

Chief123

Hang on - how can you refute that?
At least get with the script. The cucumber is all over the place.

Nowhere did I state you are a racist or a xenophobe. However, I’ve got absolutely no issue with stating my “opinion” is that you are a Class A xenophobic spanner. Just my opinion.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's a significant act to me that one of our tripe, potentially, will own my favorite football club of all time and I think it's my right to be proud about it.
And you should be.

The footballing world has changed dramatically since the formation of the PL and when United floated on the stock exchange. Some folks are still holding onto the past with dear life; refusing to accept the changes that come along with those seismic shifts.
My only request is that everything stays within the footballing world, without any changes -- and no injection of politics, or religion into this new era.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
At least get with the script. The cucumber is all over the place.

Nowhere did I state you are a racist or a xenophobe. However, I’ve got absolutely no issue with stating my “opinion” is that you are a Class A xenophobic spanner. Just my opinion.
Oh. Really well made point then?:confused:

Chief123

To be fair he wasn’t saying locals are better or anything. He just jumped on a foreign fan for being foreign and for somehow only caring about transfers and not what happens on the pitch. There wasn’t any mention of locals in the posts.
All because he was foreign.
He got called out for his BS by mocking a “foreign” supporter.

He’s spent the next few pages trying to squirm out of it very badly with some incredibly poor back tracking and tangent posting.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He got called out for his BS by mocking a “foreign” supporter.

He’s spent the next few pages trying to squirm out of it very badly with some incredibly poor back tracking and tangent posting.
How am I squirming out of anything? I literally stand by everything I said.

It is incredibly weird to get excited about your country buying a football team in another country.

redcucumber

Nowhere did I state you are a racist or a xenophobe.
You accused him of being prejudiced against Qatari owners on the basis that they are Qatari. That is a textbook example of xenophobia. Hope that clears it up for you.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You accused him of being prejudiced against Qatari owners on the basis that they are Qatari. That is a textbook example of xenophobia. Hope that clears it up for you.
His posts literally contradict in the space of the same post. He’s completely lost his head and like you I think I’m just going to ignore him now. Ideally some mods will step in.

redcucumber

His posts literally contradict in the space of the same post. He’s completely lost his head and like you I think I’m just going to ignore him now. Ideally some mods will step in.
Probably for the best. Seems to be posting emotionally and it's got the better of him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Even though you are a qualified spanner, I do think you are a man of your word and I respect that. Hence why the Qatari takeover can’t happen quick enough so you can honour your word and disappear.
Oh sweet summer child, he will come back with a different username

giggs-beckham

Clueless

It is incredibly weird to get excited about your country buying a football team in another country.
Not really, perhaps psychologically it gives a person a feeling of closeness to the club they love, they otherwise haven't been able to have.

Tarrou

I don’t think that’s weird at all

if you were an overseas fan and someone from your country bought the club I would imagine it’s pretty cool to have that extra connection to the club

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I love @Wumminator's stance on who the most important fans are based on nothing but his own perceived notion of what he thinks makes certain fans important, which is coincidentally directly inline with what makes him a 'superior' fan to most others. It's almost like a dictatorship one would say?

As someone who has moved out of Manchester and lived abroad, I can tell you that there are 'better' fan's out there, based on how much they care for the club, how much they spend to watch games at OT when they can, how far they travel and what time they get up or stay up to watch our games despite us being shit or the impact it will have on their working day.

As for someone like myself who refuses to spend any money on the club apart from the occasional ticket to a game when I'm back in Manchester, I'm a shit fan in the eyes of the club. I don't generate any income for them and I just moan that things aren't good enough, which is a bracket most of us fall in to. Just because I happen to be born and lived around the corner from OT doesn't mean shit in the "greatest fan ever" stakes.

If it wasn't for United's reach and the 'global' fan, we'd be no bigger than the likes of Bournemouth. You can't have it both ways.
This. 100%

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Do you mean to tell me that foreign fans might not have a feeling of closeness to the club because of their geographical location….?!
I'm saying it can't feel nice to not be able to get to games unlike those with a geological advantage. And this would somehow bring the club closer to them its not hard to understand on a human level.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Even though you are a qualified spanner, I do think you are a man of your word and I respect that. Hence why the Qatari takeover can’t happen quick enough so you can honour your word and disappear.
How did you get a warning for this post?

red thru&thru

Can someone please define to me what "more important" fan means? Or even a "superior" fan? On what is the metric is this being measured upon?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
How did you get warning for this post?
Because when you read the posts in this thread, there’s some people who are posting well reasoned logical coherent arguments and some who have resulted to name calling and contradictions. I think we all need to engage in conversation here and we are clearly seeing a fan base in turmoil - but insults and arguing in bad faith is not advised. Thank you mods for stepping in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.