Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexthelion

Honestly, trying to point score is hilarious.

I have never said anything to the contrary about INEOs wanting to make money from United, I just think it's important to note that Qatar will also do the same.

Nice are one of the form teams in France right now, they are on the right path, but of course let's not let facts get in the way of things, because of course you are trying to point score and prove a point that doesn't exist.

Carry on.
So current form is better than all their previous Ineos history? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did we rebuild OT in 2000's?

Were Arsenal, Spurs, Madrid (laughable example seeing how the Spanish govt have helped them over the years) exploited like we have been with over 1.5B leaving the club to sponsor the Glazers taking us over? You cannot just say "shit happens" and then at the same time condemn an owner trying to help us with infrastructure rebuild as financial doping. That's justice as far as I am concerned and I am sure for many others too.
Not sure how paying off our current 1bn debt (loans & transfers) + 2bn on a stadium and 250k on a training ground can be described as “justice” for 1.5bn leaving the club.

1.5bn - 1bn - 2bn - 0.25bn = -1.75bn

“Justice” isn’t going plus to the tune of 1.75bn, that’s financial doping.

Last edited:

AlPistacho

Were Arsenal, Spurs, Madrid (laughable example seeing how the Spanish govt have helped them over the years) exploited like we have been with over 1.5B leaving the club to sponsor the Glazers taking us over? You cannot just say "shit happens" and then at the same time condemn an owner trying to help us with infrastructure rebuild as financial doping. That's justice as far as I am concerned and I am sure for many others too.
tbf we were constantly developing OT from the 90s to early 00s and also built Carrington in 00.. all without loans.

alexthelion

You’re being rather silly here. @Regulus Arcturus Black has given you the answer.
Of course we can pay our own way, debt is not a bad thing if properly serviced. Don’t be so entitled.
Seeing as I have RAB rightly on ignore how would I know what he's spouted.

Not wanting any debt near the club is not me being entitled, rather the opposite.

“Rightly”.

Must be hard when someone continuously points out the massive hypocrite one is. This post below is the one our al here agreed wholeheartedly with not too long ago….

Yup, I'm in complete agreement that state owned clubs are despicable for many reasons (not just footballing ones) and to say I hate everything these clubs stand for would be an understatement (along with the fans that support them).

But lodging complaints to UEFA (who have allowed a director of one of these clubs to be on the board) is futile, as they're complaining to the people who are gladly taking the money and selling their souls for that cash, so complaining has no real benefit.

You could say it will highlight the corrupt nature of these clubs, but the fans that care already know about it, and the ones who don't care, won't care anyway - look at the people in this very thread saying they enjoy the "competition"! It's quite frankly embarrassing.

At the moment state owned clubs are a benefit to United fans as they've stopped Liverpool from dominating the league, truth be known, deep down I think every United fan knows Liverpool have been robbed, the simple fan in me finds it hilarious, but looking at the bigger picture it's fecking horrible.

The complete indifference football fans have to City winning the league is telling, along with United fans actively wanting them to win over Liverpool, that should really make sports media and City fans themselves question how relevant they are when not even "their closest rivals" care about them dominati the league, no one gives a shit about them

I’d “rightly” stick me on ignore too so I wouldn’t be reminded of my mind boggling hypocrisy.

Member 125398

That's how some are portraying qatar to be (not me)
That's how some see the Glazers. Some will stay, some might go to FCUM, same as before. For most, as has been stated, they'll continue with a bit of their soul missing. To be slating people as hypocites for staying is childish at best.

UDontMessWith24

Here everybody think it's done and dusted. They think it's a separate project and have no connections to state of Qatar. He comes with the reputation of his father Hamad Al Thani who bought harrods in the city of London. He's a quiet guy who barely speaks in meetings and follows in his fathers steps to be one of the smartest investors in the world. Everybody's looking out for this take over with great excitement. Something big is happening.
I really hope this measured approach will be applied to the football side as well. My only worry (from a football point of view) is signings big names that aren’t a good fit just to make headlines. All they need to do is get with ETH and figure out a few DOFs that he can work with and go get one of them.

cyberman

tbf we were constantly developing OT from the 90s to early 00s and also built Carrington in 00.. all without loans.
So what would OT look like and how much would it cost if we didn’t constantly develop through the 90 and 2000s while having 1.5b siphoned from the club?

red thru&thru

Some interesting stock action. At the same time Jassim's advisors were with mufc officials.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Not wanting any debt near the club is not me being entitled, rather the opposite.
Why would you ignore one of the more level headed, common sense sensible posters on here?
Guess he said something that didn’t parrot your own opinions? Incredible.

The problem with the Glazer debt is that it has never been paid down and they have still be taking dividends out of the club.
The leveraged buyout should never have been allowed to happen, but if they had paid their way before taking money out it wouldn’t have been so bad as it is.
If INEOS (or anyone else) wants to take out debt to pay their way then so be it - it’s a normal part of business and not to be feared. Even more so the fact that we have been told INEOS will bear the debt and the club will have ‘no new debt’.

Tiber

One of the few things we know about Sheikh Jassim is that he was on the board of credit suisse. I hope he was involved long before the bank apparently went to shit

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ineos: Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS, has made a formal bid for Chelsea FC, for £4.25bn. £2.5bn is committed to the Charitable Trust to support victims of the war, with £1.75bn committed to investment directly into the club over the next 10 years

Redcafe posters: Its evident that he's doing that to persuade the Glazers to sell him the club

Bid has been rejected

SJR: "My message to Raine is don't discount our offer. We are British and have great intentions for Chelsea. If I was Raine I wouldn't close any door."

Redcafe posters: "Its so clear that' he only want Manchester United"

SJR: "I have a house in Chelsea, I've lived in Chelsea for many years, I've had a season ticket for many years"

Redcafe posters: " having exec facilities to entertain clients in London aint the fecking same as having a season ticket in the Shed End"

According to pro SJR fans, the guy keeps saying and doing things that are either lies or he doesn't really want to do in the first place. I wonder if they think he's a liar, he has dementia or he's not particularly bright.
So what? Does it really matter if he has a Chelsea teddy bear and wears blue pants? No it doesn’t. What matters is what his plans are and how he is going to finance them

AlPistacho

So what? Does it really matter if he has a Chelsea teddy bear and wears blue pants? No it doesn’t. What matters is what his plans are and how he is going to finance them
It doesn’t matter. But he has a history of this. Using rhetoric he doesn’t believe in, and also making promises he later goes back on.

AlPistacho

Started the season at the bottom of the table so yeah, it's pretty decent. The Digard experiment has been a success story so far.
They didn’t start bottom. They got there. Then reversed. It’s decent that they’ve avoided being in a relegation scrap.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Points score? If I recall correctly, you jumped on my post when I was talking to someone else. Haha.

You pointed out about "Qatar" wanting to make money but nothing about INEOS. So, I thought I'd point it out, just incase you didn't know.

Fact are, Nice have not been anywhere near PSG since INEOS takeover. The facts are, they have regressed.

But as you're a facts guy, like that Spanish waiter, I'm sure you're well aware of the facts! Haha
Again, and I know it's tricky to actually read people's posts, but I'll spell it out regardless, my original post stated that ALL bids are from business men wanting to make money.
That includes INEOs.

If you feel a small club hindered by FFP should be able to compete with a FFP dodging behemoth with a decade head start within three years then you obviously don't have much sense, but that much is obvious from some of what you have been saying in this thread.

NK86

Not sure how paying off our current 1bn debt (loans & transfers) + 2bn on a stadium and 250k on a training ground can be described as “justice” for 1.5bn leaving the club.

From what I recollect we have outstanding about 550m loan for what we owe the banks for the Glazers buying us. Also that is an assumption that we will be building a new stadium rather than revamping OT for which the costs could be nearer 1bn.

Taking those into consideration
1.5bn - 1bn - 550m - 100m (credit facility)

That's closer to how I see it. Again all based on numbers which have been floated around for the rebuild and the 1.5bn being an approximate figure not considering the fact that even inflation comes into the picture. I am not expecting the money for players we bought to be paid back by the new owners as that is not a loan but a cost on the balance sheet which the club can take care of out of its own pocket even if it means a slight knock on our capability to buy new players this summer.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

This is awful math. Have you heard of inflation?

Spurs' amazing stadium cost 1bn brand new five or so years ago. Now imagine what we could have done with this money if we invested it at the time.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Qatar money being somehow deserved because we’ve had the Glazers as owners taking money out of the club for 17 years is such a dumb argument. It’s a really weak way to justify state ownership.
‘Justice’ would be the Glazers paying off their debt themselves and giving back the billions it has cost the club to have them as owners, but that’s never going to happen so why should the Qataris pick up the tab?
No, the Qataris want United and are willing to pay through the nose for the club for entirely different motivations. They are not doing the fans or the Glazers any favours or acts of charity.

NK86

Qatar money being somehow deserved because we’ve had the Glazers as owners taking money out of the club for 17 years is such a dumb argument. It’s a really weak way to justify state ownership.
‘Justice’ would be the Glazers paying off their debt themselves and giving back the billions it has cost the club to have them as owners, but that’s never going to happen so why should the Qataris pick up the tab?
No, the Qataris want United and are willing to pay through the nose for the club for entirely different motivations. They are not doing the fans or the Glazers any favours or acts of charity.
Did anyone say they are doing it for charity? You are inventing scenarios in your head and then arguing against them at this stage.

Moreover it's nought to do with the Qataris. Even if Ratcliffe does it, I would still consider it justice for the shite ownership and money drain the club has had to suffer the last 18 years as a direct consequence of the Glazers. You cannot just say "well it doesn't work that way". A lot of companies get an injection of cash/streamlining of operations when they are bought out if that helps improve the overall condition of the organization. That is exactly what that would be.

The stadium and training facilities development is not going to be some PR activity but will benefit the club and increase its value simply because they will have better tangible assets compared to now. So if the owners think they want to do so, why does it become a problem with some especially considering how the Glazers have completely run us into the ground through sheer greed and incompetence.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Erm, it's not about deserved.

It counters the ABU argument (that so many of you are already peddling like sheep) that somehow having an owner willing to invest to grow their asset (with a new stadium being chief among these considerations) for United is 'cheating' and 'unfair'.

What this argument of lost money and time is trying to show is that we would just be getting back to a level playing field which has been denied to the club for 17 years. It's not complicated if you at least attempt to think critically.

And we're not talking about the moral side, just about money. I'd make the same argument for any new owner, including that Boston Celtics owner if he's indeed in for us

stevoc

No, but the point is clear even if you want to walk around it. We have had the stadium benefit handed out to us before which immensely favored us due to bigger revenue advantage. If that was not considered as "financial doping" by our fans, why would it now be considered so.
No right you are mate someone paid to build the stadium in 1909, let's not worry that none of that survived WW2 bar a concrete tunnel. And that United have been self-sufficient for the best part of a century. And let's not forget that time we sent a St Bernard Dog down the pub for a whip round to raise money. When you think about we're basically the same as City.

Old Trafford was renovated/expanded in 1992, 1995, 1999, 2000 and 2005 and the club built Carrington in 2000.

So where did the money for those 5 stadium expansions and a brand new training ground come from?

Like that time the Madrid council bought their training ground at a hugely inflated price that was also financial doping ie. cheating. But for their current stadium redevelopment the same as Spurs and Arsenal they've had to borrow money, which is what most clubs do.

You are entitled to consider it as anything you like mate. I consider it financial doping and I'd personally prefer the club to remain self-sufficient.

NK86

No right you are mate someone paid to build the stadium in 1909, let's not worry that none of that survived WW2 bar a concrete tunnel. And that United have been self-sufficient for the best part of a century. And let's not forget that time we sent a St Bernard Dog down the pub for a whip round to raise money. When you think about we're basically the same as City.

Old Trafford was renovated/expanded in 1992, 1995, 1999, 2000 and 2005 and the club built Carrington in 2000.

So where did the money for those 5 stadium expansions and a brand new training ground come from?

Like that time the Madrid council bought their training ground at a hugely inflated price that was also financial doping ie. cheating. But for their current stadium redevelopment the same as Spurs and Arsenal they've had to borrow money, which is what most clubs do.

You are entitled to consider it as anything you like mate. I consider it financial doping and I'd personally prefer the club to remain self-sufficient.
Like you said, we are each entitled to our own opinions. One thing I would like to highlight though is that not one of the teams whose example you provided and neither Man Utd pre-Glazers were ever exploited like we have been. I cannot just shrug it off and say "that's life" and then take a stand against an owner who is willing to help improve our infra.

Maybe you consider it financial doping, I only consider it leveling the playing field (wrt the other top clubs who have had the benefit of far better owners than us) after we were exploited brutally for nearly 2 decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.