Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Will finally get to see my club, my Manutd back to where we belong.
Sadly, people like you are the overwhelming majority. Hope you enjoy all the success while turning a blind eye to everything wrong with it.

romufc

No, you're getting owners that will put their own interest on top of their agenda, just as before. Difference is, Glazers were about money, while Qatar is about sportswashing.
Can't wait for all 'ya guys to sing praises of the fabulous Qatari Royal family. On the upside, we'll have a proper El Plastico Derby in Manchester from now on
Their own interest? Which is what If I may ask?

Its quite funny when people use the term sport washing because it is the in thing.

I see you support Bayern so suppose you from Germany?

You do realise Qatar has 25bn worth of investment in Germany?

Regardless of what owners we get, the figured noted around, can you guarantee that even 1 of the interested parties would be clean?

RedDevilRoshi

Hate to break it to you, but you were always able to burn fascinating amounts of cash, even under the Glazers. And, if your FA really does seem to take FFP seriously, see City, then your wet dream of having some 500m Transfer Budget won't ever come true.
Think you should change your username to Out Of Touch as your post clearly shows.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Hilarious seeing Bayern fans wumming in here when you consider where they’ve been training every winter for more than a decade.
I don't have to educate you about false equivalents, or do I? :)

Matriac

So even if it was a Qatari private investment group you would still see as having ties to the government there?
While I would not claim to be an expert on Qatari billionaires, I'm under the impression that most of the wealth in the country is held by people with close ties to the Qatari royal family. So can a Qatari investment group truly be considered independent of the Government? Similar to how most Russian billionaires have close ties to the Russian Government.

And it's being rumored that this supposed bid is connected to the Emir himself.

Rojofiam

Their own interest? Which is what If I may ask?

Its quite funny when people use the term sport washing because it is the in thing.

I see you support Bayern so suppose you from Germany?

You do realise Qatar has 25bn worth of investment in Germany?

Regardless of what owners we get, the figured noted around, can you guarantee that even 1 of the interested parties would be clean?
Not being "clean" is a bit different than being owned by a nation with unlimited funds that oppresses / enslaves / kills people for fun...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hilarious seeing Bayern fans wumming in here when you consider where they’ve been training every winter for more than a decade.
They’re only doing it because they were getting rinsed in the Musiala thread, so transparent.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Sadly, people like you are the overwhelming majority. Hope you enjoy all the success while turning a blind eye to everything wrong with it.
For me its hard to get on my high horse about the Qataris after watching the daylight robbery under the Glazers and still following the club. Given a choice of the Qataris and some cobbled together US consortium that is basically Glazers mk2 i'll take Qatar everytime. Many consortium's will have a Middle Eastern element to them anyway, who knows who is really behind for example Tom Boehly at Chelsea. As for Sir Jim, i'm not convinced he is in this process for anything more than publicity and maybe the outside slight opportunity of being in a position of picking up a bargain. I do respect your view on this though and fair dues if you can walk away from this.

Smores

They’re only doing it because they were getting rinsed in the Musiala thread, so transparent.
They like any properly run club have every right to mock us for the ridiculous situation we'll soon find ourselves in.

We dished it out just as much so some of you need to be big enough to take it now its our turn.

romufc

Not being "clean" is a bit different than being owned by a nation with unlimited funds that oppresses / enslaves / kills people for fun...
What nation has bid? I am reading private investors rather than a sovereign fund is rumoured to bid for Manutd.

NYAS

I don't have to educate you about false equivalents, or do I? :)
Thousands of football clubs have sponsorships that don’t require them to travel to a country every single year. Your club is one of two clubs in Europe that go to Qatar every single winter, the other being a club literally owned by their government.

It’s a stain on your club, no matter how pure you convince yourself German football is. Get out of here with your false equivalence/“whataboutism” bullshit.

Hester_manc

I have followed United since 1983, but football is "just" football. I would hate to get oil money into the club, and the clubs I hate most are precisely clubs like City, PSG and Newcastle, where all morality is disregarded for money.

I want the best for United, but not at any cost. I would rather see the club become a middle club in the PL than win everything as a toy of an oil sheik who has been totally indifferent to morals and human rights. It's not even a hard choice, if it was a choice.

Witchking

The only positive thing from this piece of news is that Liverpool fans will possibly be livid if we are brought by a ME big wig. They at this point do not have any interest from anyone to buy the club. Must be grating for them.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thousands of football clubs have sponsorships that don’t require them to travel to a country every single year. Your club is one of two clubs in Europe that go to Qatar every single winter, the other being a club literally owned by their government.

It’s a stain on your club, no matter how pure you convince yourself German football is. Get out of here with your false equivalence/“whataboutism” bullshit.
WUMing in the United forum is a clear breach of rule B347

I’ll alert the mods

Bosws87

Take one of your biggest expressions of enjoyment and something you have dedicated your life to, to virtue signal which will achieve nothing but you missing out on something you loved.

I won't mock anyone for taking a stand because in a black and white world its correct, but there is no realistic scenario ever where the football club is owned by the fans the prices have gone too far.

You just gotta weigh it up and make your own decision, its a terribly difficult choice, football truly is the only thing that keeps some people going.

Infra-red

Why does the bid have to be within the next 10 days?
The Glazers have outlined a timetable with Raine and Raine are doing their best to nudge parties who showed some initial interest to firm that up with a formal bid in a timely fashion.

Ultimately, it is not a hard deadline as United are not a distressed asset and investors might be inclined to wait a bit if they believe that doing so will make the Glazers more amenable to dropping the price (as they get increasingly desperate).

Last edited:

Levi1

Unfortunately, there is no real solution here. The fans want someone to buy the club without receiving anything in return, beyond price appreciation (or depreciation). When financially-motivated investors, such as the Americans, come up, fans understandably dont want. When sovereign wealth funds come up, from countries with a branding problem, fans understandably do not want.

So we are left with just wanting a potential private sugar daddy with massive pockets, who won't want to take any dividends. If it was a cheaper club, that might be reasonable,, but at the prices now discussed, impossible for all but the top 3-5 wealthieat individuals in the world (almost all of whom would have to sell big cap tech assets that are now at distressed prices in order to raise cash).

I dont see a solution beyond having a whip round the global fan base for fans to buy the club ourselves - maybe 3 pound apiece. But that clearly comes with its own issues. Should I post in a new thread?

Reactions: Invictus

NYAS

They like any properly run club have every right to mock us for the ridiculous situation we'll soon find ourselves in.

We dished it out just as much so some of you need to be big enough to take it now its our turn.
This is such a nonsense argument. The vast majority of people here are aware of the negatives. Barely anyone is denying it. That doesn’t mean we should just take any old shit from random fans who’s own clubs have also done morally questionable things. I don’t expect them to boycott their club, but at the very least it doesn’t give them the right to come in here spewing shite like “hahaha el plastico”.

RedDevilRoshi

Why does the bid have to be within the next 10 days?
The Rainie Group set the deadline at the start for when bids need to be placed. Although from my understanding, a bigger bid can come in beyond the mid-February deadline and wouldn’t be ruled out.

There is no fast or hard deadline like there was for the Chelsea one last year.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
So you think him & Stone know more about who this is than their letting on
No I don’t think they have much of a clue but know it’s likely somebody from the ME will come in at some point. It’s just covering all bases, nothing story.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

What on Earth are you on about?

Witchking

Another negative for United would be that we would be heavily scrutinized and will be under a very big microscope. Any and every deal will be seen through. Actually this would be a positive.
My other main worry is, if we win the big league and cups again, i do not want to see reports 5-10 years down the line about how we cooked books etc similar to the mess city are in right now.

stw2022

I think criticism of human rights abuses is fair. Nobody is perfect but suggest buying a Twix somehow makes you unable to criticise murdering gay people is ridiculous

Threesus

I hope we don’t get Qatari owners. I believe that man utd, as one of the football pillars of England, shouldn’t be a tool for sportswashing.
If arsenal and Liverpool can do it without being awash with billions, we can too.
Hope ratcliffes bid wins.

Hal9000

I hope we don’t get Qatari owners. I believe that man utd, as one of the football pillars of England, shouldn’t be a tool for sportswashing.
If arsenal and Liverpool can do it without being awash with billions, we can too.
Hope ratcliffes bid wins.
You don't want us to be a tool for Sportswashing but you support Ratcliffe?

Smores

This is such a nonsense argument. The vast majority of people here are aware of the negatives. Barely anyone is denying it. That doesn’t mean we should just take any old shit from random fans who’s own clubs have also done morally questionable things. I don’t expect them to boycott their club, but at the very least it doesn’t give them the right to come in here spewing shite like “hahaha el plastico”.
Put it this way I'm sure Newcastle, City, Chelsea fans all made the same argument you're making. They were all aware of the negatives and all turned defensjve, looked to the positives blah blah. If you never threw shade at those who defended their owners fine but let's not pretend the majority of us didn't.

Shearer was massively mocked for his excitement at it despite mentioning the concerns. Rightly too.

As a fan base I'd hope we were better than those lot. We've spent a decade slagging off our owners, yet here we are with worse owners coming in and some are on the defensive on their behalf. So yeah opposition fans will mock that aspect as will I because it's pathetic.

TR87

I have followed United since 1983, but football is "just" football. I would hate to get oil money into the club, and the clubs I hate most are precisely clubs like City, PSG and Newcastle, where all morality is disregarded for money.

I want the best for United, but not at any cost. I would rather see the club become a middle club in the PL than win everything as a toy of an oil sheik who has been totally indifferent to morals and human rights. It's not even a hard choice, if it was a choice.
I've been a fan since 1995. I couldn't agree more with you.
The club potentially becoming a propaganda tool for the theocracy of Qatar is something I will never be able to support.

Threesus

Put it this way I'm sure Newcastle, City, Chelsea fans all made the same argument you're making. They were all aware of the negatives and all turned defensjve, looked to the positives blah blah. If you never threw shade at those who defended their owners fine but let's not pretend the majority of us didn't.

Shearer was massively mocked for his excitement at it despite mentioning the concerns. Rightly too.

As a fan base I'd hope we were better than those lot. We've spent a decade slagging off our owners, yet here we are with worse owners coming in and some are on the defensive on their behalf. So yeah opposition fans will mock that aspect as will I because it's pathetic.
Well said. Disheartening to see the joy and elation by many on twitter and here. The club as we know it will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.