Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
is it acting high and mighty to *correctly* point out that Qatar is an absolute monarchy with horrible human rights track record, especially to women, migrant workers and gay people? I don’t think so. If it makes you uncomfortable now, get used to never hearing the end of it every time you go to a match, or discuss football with opposition fans if the sale to Qatar goes ahead.
Now your just putting words in my mouth

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Nice to see you recognize me and my views while I don't even know you
"That's the lad who was a gowl in the Johnny Depp thread...and he's being a gowl in this thread too :lol:".

Fair play to you, fantastic achievement. Truly awe-inspiring stuff.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Musk doesn't have the money imo. Nearly all his wealth is in stock shares and he has already had to liquidate billions to keep Twitter afloat. Sounds like media BS to me.
You think billionaires keep their wealth lying around as cash in a bank?

They liquidate assets to make purchases, that's what Muck did to buy Twitter and what INEOS will do if they buy United and what anyone who buys United will do, Qatar might be different but even they probably don't have the cash rolling around in a bank account, billionaires become billionaires by investing and reinvesting their assets

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You think billionaires keep their wealth lying around as cash in a bank?

They liquidate assets to make purchases, that's what Muck did to buy Twitter and what INEOS will do if they buy United and what anyone who buys United will do, Qatar might be different but even they probably don't have the cash rolling around in a bank account, billionaires become billionaires by investing and reinvesting their assets
My point is he doesn't have the assets to liquidate. He's already liquidated billions in Tesla stock to keep Twitter afloat. Liquidating more Tesla stock would only make its price tank after it recently recovered following its last plunge.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If the Qataris buy us then their big money signing best be that ST from Napoli.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What the feck is this statement. Did you take history lessons at Marjorie Taylor Greenes?

Guess your one of the ones who only see things from the view of English History lesson :lol:

Read up on England vs Ireland for me. What happened to America? Australia turning to the prison system? Africa’s slave trade. India and the caste system. You know crap all.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No, what is weird is “Hey, look at me taking a stance” posts on a forum claiming they’ll give up watching the team they’ve invested their whole life and that Utd will cease to exist for them. If you take that stance, good for you. There’s no need to post ranting and raving about it. Just do it. Leave those who will continue to support the club regardless carry on.
Neh it'd way weirder gloating about it.

People are allowed to have a view about not wanting to be owned by Qatar.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Anyone but musk. Going from one bunch of clueless Americans to another would be too much for me to take.
I'm half serious here but:

=> he would sack ETH , no middle management required, Players would report to Arnold directly
=> he would make us play with 8 players on the pitch #efficiency
=> he would make players sleep in Carrington so they can show their commitment to job
=> he would be happy that players work weekends

;)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
My point is he doesn't have the assets to liquidate. He's already liquidated billions in Tesla stock to keep Twitter afloat. Liquidating more Tesla stock would only make its price tank after it recently recovered following its last plunge.
Of course he does, it doesn't have to be Tesla stock either, he could pay for it all with this years stock options he gets instead of a salary, he's one of the richest individuals in the world for a reason!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Of course he does, it doesn't have to be Tesla stock either, he could pay for it all with this years stock options he gets instead of a salary, he's one of the richest individuals in the world for a reason!
If he was as rich as some think, he wouldn't need the help of the Saudis to buy Twitter and United. I'm sure he would relish sticking his beak into the world of sport, but it won't be as easy as many think.

Chief123

Neh it'd way weirder gloating about it.

People are allowed to have a view about not wanting to be owned by Qatar.
I 100% agree people are allowed to have their own view about being owned by Qatar. Everyone is entitled to their own view.

It’s just bizarre to come on here and tell the forum you’ll be breaking all ties with Utd and they no longer exist for you. Firstly, if that’s the stand you are going to take then go for it. We don’t need to know nor will anyone here care. Secondly, it seems like a self damaging stand to take. Qatar honestly wouldn’t give a crap if a big chunk of supporters stopped following them. It wouldn’t even make a dent in their wealth or pride. The only person who suffers is the fan who chooses to no longer take part in something that brought enjoyment to their life. Something that for a lot of people is the only release and activity that contributes towards them having good mental health.

Protest and voice your opinion all you like. But to completely abandon following Utd and football does nothing other than reduce enjoyment in your life. Even though I doubt the majority of people claiming they will do this will actually follow through with it.

dinostar77

Zero chance of musk bidding. He would have had to have his team do the due diligence on the utd financials. Get the bid money raised from investors (wont use his own money). We would have heard about investors in his bid by now.

Sushi Kagawa

David Beckham has so far turned down approaches and will not be attached to any offer for #mufc even if Qatar emerges as a frontrunner [@TeleFootball]

Matst1

I'm half serious here but:

=> he would sack ETH , no middle management required, Players would report to Arnold directly
=> he would make us play with 8 players on the pitch #efficiency
=> he would make players sleep in Carrington so they can show their commitment to job
=> he would be happy that players work weekends

;)
He would make fans pay a subscription fee to support them

FujiVice

Its happening isnt it? They said by March just before Christmas. Seems like the Glazers always knew who they were selling to.

TsuWave

Announcing you'll stop supporting a football club is crazy :lol:

Last edited:

Ole'sattheWheel

Anyone but musk. Going from one bunch of clueless Americans to another would be too much for me to take.
If you look at his more successful companies like Tesla, Neuralink and SpaceX, he is very capable of running really complex tech companies. He just delegates to the best in class for all the technical details. I imagine a football club compared to that is very easy if he follows that model.
Although I really think he's been completely lost in the sauce with twitter and should stay off it :lol:.

RedorDead21

When it comes to club ownership it's not really a question of who is the most desirable, but who is the least objectionable. You don't really achieve the level of wealth that affords you such opportunities by being a good person. So no matter who buys the club, they're more than likely going to be a villian.

That being said, it'd be pretty disappointing if the club were purchased by the Qataris or the KSA. Being owned by greedy capitalist pigs is one thing, that comes with the territory of owning a sports franchise, but being owned by a state whose identity goes hand in hand with corruption, abhorrent treatment of the LGBT community, and the subjugation of women introduces a level of shame and moral failing to Manchester United.
Agreed the values of the club go out the window as they will if we bring mason back into the fold which the delays in letting him go suggest perhaps they will. There is no ideal owners I guess and part of me now thinks if you can’t beat them join em. It’s a tough one and I feel the horse has bolted on that front letting them into the PL and as fans we shouldn’t really have to think too much on it…but we do…

Giggsyking

Ah sorry, I admit I'm guilty of it too. I'm just so pissed off that these arseholes are planning to wash away their sins in the good waters of this club. They're not buying it for profit so the alternative is a sinister ulterior motive. QSI are obviously huge fans of gorton and Stockport. They dreamed of making man city a big club ever since they rode on camels.

And I get the position of people for who United are one of the only good things in their life, and they are trying to focus on the football and just enjoy that. It makes me even more angry that these people are now going to have this shadow over them for as long as they're owned by this lot. At least the glazers were just financial parasites. These guys are a parasite of a different kind.
Vomiting emoji

Crimson King

Guess your one of the ones who only see things from the view of English History lesson :lol:

Read up on England vs Ireland for me. What happened to America? Australia turning to the prison system? Africa’s slave trade. India and the caste system. You know crap all.
Yes, YouTube, the greatest repository of historical fact.

History isn't that simple pal, it changes from whatever perspective you use. Saying England are responsible for all world wars is very reductive and entering conspiracy theory territory.

You lose points for saying England instead of Britain or the British establishment anyway, if you want to talk about Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.