Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion

If you don't support Qatar you are a foreigner hating racist!
It's not even that, it's if you don't support the Qatari state. Imagine calling someone from Qatar a racist for not being a Boris shagging wanker.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Curious, as a rival fan, what you make of us under the 2 different public offers?

Say of Qatar buy us, how would you compare us to city? Would we be seen as plastic etc etc that everyone see city as, or does or standing history change that view point?

Whats your thoughts from the outside?
I think Ratcliffe is an attention whore and a bluffer and you might be better of with the Glaziers than him. They're leeches but at least they're consistent.

There's obvious concerns about being owned by a state but I'm not going to be judging anyone for sticking around as a fan, given Chelsea's ownership over the past 20 years.

You will absolutely get lumped in with Man City, Newcastle and PSG though, that's as inevitable as it is unfair.

Dion

Really? Not a single one of those? I (obviously) can't separate Brit accents (well, except Scottish i guess) but i am really curious about that. Who is famous person with typical Manchester accent? Neville? Scholes?
Think Liam Gallagher if you want an over-the-top stereotypical Manc accent.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Really? Not a single one of those? I (obviously) can't separate Brit accents (well, except Scottish i guess) but i am really curious about that. Who is famous person with typical Manchester accent? Neville? Scholes?
Christopher Eccleston.
The Hobbit from Lost
Daphne from Fraiser

Nogbadthebad

Hmm, according to Daily Mail 'sources'. Nick Harris then came out and questioned those sources.

While it could coincidentally be a true story, these sources sound more like government agents reading from a piece of paper, rather than a close friend or associate speaking freely.

I know this won't sway your mind one bit, but at least you should understand the sources that you chose to trust unconditionally.
While I would agree it is probably PR, 1992 is significant because it was the first season of the Premier League. Which we won.

I would bet that lots of people in and out of the UK started supporting us that year.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You should really do your JAQing off in private.
A Tory brexiteer who left the country because of tax evasion and had threatened to close his factory in Middlesbrough and sending all workers on dole if the UK dared implementing the EU new anti pollution laws. I think its fit the bill

His loyalties can also be split (Chelsea/United in SJR case and Remain/leave in Boris case). These guys seem to be twins

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The discussion isnt about being owned by the people of Qatar, or the people of the USA. The discussion is about being owned by a State, or a US business consortium directly comparable to the one that has bled the club dry and saddled the club with debt.

Neither of those things remotely touch on the topic of xenophobia, they are not the same.
This is in context of the person who said in the twitter video that he prefers local owners over foreign. Nothing was mentioned about state or corporation. That part was “loved” here.

Dion

A Tory brexiteer who left the country because of tax evasion and had threatened to close his factory in Middlesbrough and sending all workers on dole if the UK dared implementing the EU new anti pollution laws. I think its fit the bill
I never said it didn't, at any point.

Lets just be real here, it was simply a shameless attempt to distract from criticism of Qatar in favour of criticism of Ineos/Ratcliffe. You can do that with other peoples posts, I'm not indulging it.

devilish

I never said it didn't, at any point.

Lets just be real here, it was simply a shameless attempt to distract from criticism of Qatar in favour of criticism of Ineos/Ratcliffe. You can do that with other peoples posts, I'm not indulging it.
No. My aim was to better understand if you were referring to SJR because you portrayed him perfectly in that quote

Dion

No. My aim was to better understand if you were referring to SJR because you portrayed him perfectly in that quote
No it wasn't. There was no feasible way you could misunderstand my post that badly. Stop lying.

devilish

No it wasn't. There was no feasible way you could misunderstand my post that badly. Stop lying.
Honestly I can't care less about the morals of our potential owners although I do love highlighting the hypocrisy in the Ratcliffe camp since the guy is far from a Saint. He is actually worse then the Glazers from the moral POV

A- I came in contact with enough rich people to know that they'll treat people like shit if the law allow them to.

B- we have no say on who is going to buy the club

C- football is my way to boil steam. So greenwashing/sportwashing doesn’t effect me

Thus I am judging the situation from a Project POV. Currently Qatar are my favourite project but I wouldn't mind switching if a better offer comes in.

Last edited:

Dion

Honestly I can't care less about the morals of our potential owners although I do love highlighting the hypocrisy in the Ratcliffe camp since the guy is far from a Saint. He is actually worse then the Glazers from the moral POV

A- I came in contact with enough rich people to know that they'll treat people like shit if the law allow them to.

C- football is my way to boil steam. So greenwashing/sportwashing doesn’t effect me

Thus I am judging the situation from a Project POV. Currently Qatar are my favourite project but I wouldn't mind switching if a better offer comes in.
Sorry but I'm not doing this whataboutism. If you want to do it, do it elsewhere.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Honestly I can't care less about the morals of our potential owners

But do you have an opinion on the consequences of being state owned, which isn't factual in this case but let's say that it is. Do you care about the wider impact that it may have on the game when it concerns a club as wealthy as United because in theory unlike other clubs United being bankrolled means that the club is virtually unstoppable?

Even if we focus on Football, there is a good case against Qatar or any other bankrolling model. Personally there are four things I care about, an owner that suits the majority of local fans, an owner that actually care about the club's infrastructures, competency and no bankrolling when it comes to the playing staff.

MTF

The Qatar bid starts as a fraud, with a frontman who doesn't actually have the money needed so is obviously bankrolled by the state. In my mind this sort of thing should be rejected from the off (blatantly obvious fraud), but yet people are spending hours arguing if he's even personally a United fan. Does it even matter?

devilish

But do you have an opinion on the consequences of being state owned, which isn't factual in this case but let's say that it is. Do you care about the wider impact that it may have on the game when it concerns a club as wealthy as United because in theory unlike other clubs United being bankrolled means that the club is virtually unstoppable?

Even if we focus on Football, there is a good case against Qatar or any other bankrolling model. Personally there are four things I care about, an owner that suits the majority of local fans, an owner that actually care about the club's infrastructures, competency and no bankrolling when it comes to the playing staff.
I am exposed to sport washing more then the typical 'most important' United fan did. The reason being that we Maltese tend to be exposed to two main Leagues (ie Serie A and the EPL) and the Serie A was literally shaped by sport washing (ie Agnelli-Juventus link is nearly as old as football itself). Back when I started to understand football the main guys were AC Milan. Berlusconi was sports washing in a big way at the time ie by hoarding the best players of my generation. Some of those players were way better to anyone I've ever seen in a United shirt. But that' an argument for another day.

Still I chose United because we were a properly run club who was successful through his means and did things the proper way. I was a bit pissed off when the Sky bid went tits up (mainly cause Edwards was skint and an ahole who was hated by each and every United fan I knew who was close to SAF) but I understood and I agreed the reason why it was stopped. United with Sky would have become unstoppable and that wasn't fair.

Then the Glazers bid for United. To my surprise the deal went through despite it would have crippled us massively. But that's not all. Soon enough new owners were allowed in. First it was Roman who was evident that he was shady from miles away, then Abu Dhabi and now Saudi. No one said anything about the unfair competition those people will bring in the EPL especially now that we were competing with 2 broken legs. The EPL gave the nod and soon enough the 'noisy neighbours' started becoming the most successful. The same rival fans we protected by keeping Sky out started laughing at our misery. No one gave a toss about our fortune and our debt. This should not come at a surprise considering how Beckham and Phil Nev were treated by the Ingerlund fans as opposed to how those same fans treated Seaman who made himself an utter fool of himself against Ronaldinho

I finally realised that actually I was being an hypocrite. I claim to be a United fan and yet I didn't put my club first in the name of competition. So I won't make that same mistake again. If United becomes unstoppable then I'd love every second of it. May we become the Bayern Munich of the EPL and the Real Madrid's version in the CL. I'd enjoy every second of it.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Sprinkle a little bit of borderline racism in there at the end by the Irish geezer. He wants Ratcliffe a “local” owner (from London) as opposed to a “foreign” guy coming in. I wonder if that fan wants Utd to have all local players as well and a local manager rather than these foreign players we keep bringing over.
:nono::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.