Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I can appreciate those who care more about football than who owns the club and therefore welcome the richest bidder, in this case Qatar.

I do not appreciate those who are doing mental gymnastics and are throwing out allegations of rasicm and whataboutism to defend the regime. This is what they want from buying United. There are thousands of Newcastle fans defending Saudi Arabia. There are tens of City fans defending the UAE. There will be millions of United fans defending Qatar just because they buy us nice things.

If we end up state owned I will be done supporting the club.
No one cares if you stop supporting the football club because of Qatar. Whoever comes in and buys the club must take the club to the next level. That’s all I care about. Why? Because you can’t expect angels coming into the club when they’re billionaires. No one; can get to that level of money without having a questionable past.

Water Melon

Can we have a simple poll please... Ratcliffe or Qatar?
No, for some reasons mods believe it would be unfair. Although, to be honest, I have no flipping idea, why they think so. I have seen so many hilarious and useless polls on here, so not having this one seems really odd.

Chief123

No, for some reasons mods believe it would be unfair. Although, to be honest, I have no flipping idea, why they think so. I have seen so many hilarious and useless polls on here, so not having this one seems really odd.
I think because some here would struggle with the idea of the vote being overwhelmingly in favour of Qataris.

MTF

Ronaldo and Bale.
I'm admittedly not the closest Madrid follower, but the first thing is that one plays right and the other plays left (Rash and Mapped both play left), and also didn't their team sort of improve once Bale was benched qnd became more of an impact sub?

van Nistelrooy

Why put off the inevitable? There are polls everywhere else which are suggesting various outcomes.

May as well place the question in the biggest United community and get a clearer understanding.

cyberman

I'm admittedly not the closest Madrid follower, but the first thing is that one plays right and the other plays left (Rash and Mapped both play left), and also didn't their team sort of improve once Bale was benched qnd became more of an impact sub?
Rashford is playing through the middle as of late though.
Na Bale was a huge part of that legendary team. Don’t let the end fool you

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I get where they are coming from to be fair. You’d get posters like Wumminator lynching any supporters that choose Qatar.

van Nistelrooy

The truth hurts and some people clearly can't handle it.

Lrf

No one cares if you stop supporting the football club because of Qatar. Whoever comes in and buys the club must take the club to the next level. That’s all I care about. Why? Because you can’t expect angels coming into the club when they’re billionaires. No one; can get to that level of money without having a questionable past.
Your reply would have been fine if you cut it in half.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

AndySmith1990

I get where they are coming from to be fair. You’d get posters like Wumminator lynching any supporters that choose Qatar.
People like him are best ignored. Everyone is free to prefer whatever owners they want without having to justify themselves

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Doesn't sportwashing also apply to Ineos?
You surely can't be comparing environmental issues to human rights abuses? One is much worse than the other, and trying to justify the lesser of the two being bad, just to give acceptance to the worse issue, is fundamentally flawed.

Peelhead

I didn't say that tbf, I said that society where your morality still centres around what people thought over 1000 years ago is going to be less enlightened. Obviously there have been a lot of contributions from the Arab world, but there had been a lot of contributions from the UK, but when our morality was still taken from a 2000 year old book, we weren't shining examples in lgbt rights.
Apologies for misinterpreting your comment. I think it's much more multi-faceted than a lot of us realise, I have to admit I was pretty misinformed until meeting my fiancee. And I'm from the Isle of Man where being gay was illegal until about 30 years ago and the cops were carrying out sting operations on them! So, I do get a bit of stick about being from a 'conservative society'.. cheers

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You surely can't be comparing environmental issues to human rights abuses? One is much worse than the other, and trying to justify the lesser of the two being bad, just to give acceptance to the worse issue, is fundamentally flawed.
You are right. Environmental issues affect millions of people at a time and last decades even when stopped today.

cyberman

But it is, though? If anything, trying to argue around it is fundamentally flawed since your post is signalling that it works?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
You are right. Environmental issues affect millions of people at a time and last decades even when stopped today.
Are you therefore going to start comparing car manufacturing companies as being the same the heads of state in countries like North Korea?

You're just using ridiculous whataboutery to make your point valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.