g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSG aren't the Glazers though. They know how to run a club and they are genuinely invested in it
feck me, you slag off Ineos ownership of Nice on one hand because they haven’t within 4 years become a club capable of competing with PsG, and yet you are, in the same thread, bigging up FSG.

Remind me again how FSG’s first years went with an infinitely bigger football club?

6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th, 8th.

At least be consistent man. It either takes time to build up a lesser club (or even Liverpool), or it should be done in 4 years. Which is it? :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I’m not speculating at all. INEOS make 2bn annual profits, the Glazers make next to 0.
What makes you think that ineos won't feck this up or won't find clever ways on how to take the debt and still make us pay for it? These people don't have a good reputation on football matters and are run by a British patriot/tax dodger who own a Chelsea ticket while he claims to love us

devilish

feck me, you slag off Ineos ownership of Nice on one hand because they haven’t within 4 years become a club capable of competing with PsG, and yet you are, in the same thread, bigging up FSG.

Remind me again how FSG’s first years went with an infinitely bigger football club?

6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th, 8th.

At least be consistent man. It either takes time to build up a lesser club (or even Liverpool), or it should be done in 4 years. Which is it? :lol:
Please compare FSG vs Ineos in terms of wealth and then compare Liverpool vs Nice in terms of honours. Liverpool face far tougher competition in the EPL then Nice does in France as well

However i concede that in the past few games Liverpool might have done worse then Nice which is all that matters

red thru&thru

Time is the one thing you don’t give him, he’s been here 15 years. He’s the same guy who called our squad 25 George Clooney’s and has been part of a downward spiral whilst working towards what the Glazers want. He can’t point to any success so there isn’t much incentive to keep him on if you want a completely different and successful approach.
I'm not too sure any of us can say that. We don't truly know what goes on and who does what.

But getting EtH alone is a success so far. So give him time in his role, which he has done fine in the time he's been in his position.

AlPistacho

How many times do I have to tell you my point was comparing their ownership model with the Glazers?

I have zero interest in debating whether or not it would’ve made any sense to buy little old Nice and attempt to challenge PSG in less than 4 years.

For what it’s worth, if Newcastle challenge for the league in the next 3 seasons I’ll be amazed, and that despite being owned by a bottomless pit of money.
Don’t think anyone expected Nice to challenge PSG, although they were 1st the December before the summer Ratcliffe took over. In the French league, you’d expect them to be challenging for 2nd by now.

Roboc7

I'm not too sure any of us can say that. We don't truly know what goes on and who does what.

But getting EtH alone is a success so far. So give him time in his role, which he has done fine in the time he's been in his position.
So we don’t blame him anything but we credit him with ETH. Arnold didn’t decide that ETH got the job so that’s not his success. He hasn’t done a lot in his current role, his track record is the 14 years before that which isn’t successful and involves running the club in a way the next owners will move away from completely.

There isn’t a lot of reason to keep him other than he currently has the job.

devilish

In a league where they net spent 831m in 10 years, with Marseille 2nd at just 180m.

It won’t be the same in England will it? They’ll have to be much better owners than what they’ve proven at PsG, much much fecking better.
So what makes you think that Ineos with their 7th place Nice and their multiple relegated club will do better? At least qatar invest loads of money into the club

So what makes you think that Ineos with their 7th place Nice and their multiple relegated club will do better? At least qatar invest loads of money into the club
I haven’t argued they will do better.

I don’t think we know how either will do in such a competitive league with so many rich clubs that can’t simply be outspent.

devilish

I haven’t argued they will do better.

I don’t think we know how either will do in such a competitive league with so many rich clubs that can’t simply be outspent.
Imagine if we are own by owners who have no idea of how to manage a football club AND won't put their hands in their pockets either

stevoc

Aren't they supposed to have a lot more money than Forbes have stated?

Apparently, it's very difficult to get a handle on just how rich people in ME really are.
More than likely yes but what size of personal fortune would you need to have to fund an £8-10 billion project from your own pocket without borrowing?

red thru&thru

So we don’t blame him anything but we credit him with ETH. Arnold didn’t decide that ETH got the job so that’s not his success. He hasn’t done a lot in his current role, his track record is the 14 years before that which isn’t successful and involves running the club in a way the next owners will move away from completely.

There isn’t a lot of reason to keep him other than he currently has the job.
Okay.

redNATION

Fully support the Qatar takeover, we need 3-4 world class players and ain’t getting them with glazers staying or poor ass Jim. Today’s display shows just how lacking we are.

cyberman

If Qatar could pick a result to ram home to the Glazers they have to go and have fans say feck it, let’s go for the cheat code then here it is

red thru&thru

He doesn’t decide who the manager is, the Glazers do. You can’t absolve him of any decisions you don’t like and then credit him with those you do.
Okay. You know exactly what Arnold, the CEO, does and doesn't do. Not much I can say.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If ever there was doubt we need a massive injection of money on- and off-field. Do not want to hear about any Brexiteer snake oil salesman with his bullshit organic local whatever

Roboc7

Okay. You know exactly what Arnold, the CEO, does and doesn't do. Not much I can say.
You clearly don’t know anything about the Glazers if you think Arnold makes the decisions. And in any case if we don’t know what he does and doesn’t do then don’t know how you are crediting him for ETH.

Spoony

The People's President
If ever there was doubt we need a massive injection of money on- and off-field. Do not want to hear about any Brexiteer snake oil salesman with his bullshit organic local whatever

Was a freak result. Sure we need investment but...

crossy1686

career ending
After todays result, it’s clear we need a full fecking reset at every level bar the manager.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Qatar in. I never want to see that again and wouldn’t with endless money.

Mmxxii

Fully support the Qatar takeover, we need 3-4 world class players and ain’t getting them with glazers staying or poor ass Jim. Today’s display shows just how lacking we are.
How many word-class players have Arsenal signed to make them compete for the title?

What you saw from Liverpool today and in recent seasons, as well as Arsenal this season, is the result of excellent coaching from Klopp and Arteta. It's a knee-jerk response to suggest going on a spending spree everytime results go against us.

Brophs

The One and Only
Talk about opportunistic…

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
Was a freak result. Sure we need investment but...
It was not a freak result. Varane run to the ground. Casemero cannot be taken out for someone without a drop in Quality. Rashford could barely run because he plays every game. We have one of the worst bench in the league. You can't play same squad every 3 days and not expect to be beaten thoroughly at least 2 or 3 through a season. We have had two with City and Liverpool. I am very confident that we will get another 6 or 7-0 drubbing somewhere this season. We are a shambles of a club being patched by the brilliance of ten Hag but there's just so much plaster you can apply to a festering sore.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Talk about opportunistic…
Again, I am not allowed to write exactly what I think about this PoS post because I'll get banned but I have been consistent throughout - we need money and a clear-out above EtH.

If you plan on lying, do better.

GMoore23

The sale will go through this week guaranteed.
Today was a reality check for the Glazers. A lot more investment needed.

gregwar

Might've knocked a bit off the share price.

Silver linings and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.