Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
The guy is as xenophobic as it gets without getting banned. As you said it’s no surprise he wrote this without caring one bit what others might feel. These are the kind of people who sling insults to foreigners visiting other places. He couldn’t hold his anger and showed his true colours when he saw a poster from ME was happy about the takeover.
He has finally shown his true colours. All these talks about Qatar's bad human right records are just excuses to mask his true problem about the Qatari bid, that Jassim is not an Englishman. I would not be surprised if @Wumminator is not the only one in this thread that shares the same feeling about this.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

The concern revolves more around having the club itself - it’s name and heritage, associated with it.

I can imagine Matt Busby for example turning in his grave at the thought of a state (let alone Qatar) owning Manchester United.
Why would Sir Matt be turning in his grave on the thought of Jassim taking over?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why would Sir Matt be turning in his grave on the thought of Jassim taking over?
Its ironic really. I happen to know the founders of the oldest foreign Manchester United Supporters club in the world. They'll tell you that Sir Matt acted as one of their biggest champions in helping get them their official recognition. Sir Matt spearheaded United's crusade which finally ended with English clubs playing in the CL.

Sly1

He has finally shown his true colours. All these talks about Qatar's bad human right records are just excuses to mask his true problem about the Qatari bid, that Jassim is not an Englishman. I would not be surprised if @Wumminator is not the only one in this thread that shares the same feeling about this.
You've hit the nail right on the head.

That's exactly what I see from most of the pro-Ratchcliffe fans. They are only using human right nonsense to cover up their hatred for other nationals?

The whole of my family supports Manchester (in my country,Manchester = Man Utd).

Nothing will prevent me from supporting this great club.

The earlier we stopped these xenophobic nonsense,the better for us all.

Let's leave in peace and harmony.

Abdullah7

Thanks for the context.

We're all relatives if we go back far enough. All branches trace back to the same trunk.

Which branch of the tree you descend from shouldn't factor into your backing of any group that are attempting to buy our club.
Let me make it more simple for you. For example my name is: Abdullah Al Angrie Al Tamimi. The owner to be name is: Jassim Al Thani Al Tamimi, do you see the resemblance of the two? For a contrast I'll just use the city's current owners name as an example. :Mansour Al Nahyan Al Bani Yasi is the name which make him not a relative to me or Al Thani.

Real/authentic Arab's from al Khaleej al Arabi can only be Identified by their tribes and they tend to take a huge pride of that. for ex. the Emir of Qatar is called Tamim in a relation to his tripe Banu Tamim.

It's a significant act to me that one of our tripe, potentially, will own my favorite football club of all time and I think it's my right to be proud about it.

cyberman

Because he was against oil states getting involved in football?!
He was also against the new super league in its current no relegation form and thinks AWB>Dalot

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The guy is as xenophobic as it gets without getting banned. As you said it’s no surprise he wrote this without caring one bit what others might feel. These are the kind of people who sling insults to foreigners visiting other places. He couldn’t hold his anger and showed his true colours when he saw a poster from ME was happy about the takeover.
Ten alerts I wake up to!
Nothing at all to do with xenophobia, just pointing out that there are people who celebrate their favourite country owning a team, there are others who y’know live in Manchester supporting the team.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Christ, the standard of debate on here...

All I'll say is, don't trust any owner who comes in. Be critical of everyone. Regardless of whether they want to buy us loads of shiny new players.

If all people came about is trophies and new players, maybe the likes of Andy Walsh and IMUSA were wrong in their campaign to stop Rupert Murdoch buying the club in 1998. That would have meant no Glazers and United probably winning the league every year.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What’s him being from another country got to do with anything? Why is it any more or less rewarding than for someone from this country? Stop being a melt. True colours slipping out.
Well ya see, if one fan is celebrating someone from his country buying a club and the other is at the game there is clearly one more rewarding way to follow the game.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Christ, the standard of debate on here...

All I'll say is, don't trust any owner who comes in. Be critical of everyone. Regardless of whether they want to buy us loads of shiny new players.

If all people came about is trophies and new players, maybe the likes of Andy Walsh and IMUSA were wrong in their campaign to stop Rupert Murdoch buying the club in 1998. That would have meant no Glazers and United probably winning the league every year.
I have never seen so much bad faith arguing as in this thread.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Your 200+ posts in this thread surely contributes to that too btw.
No, not at all. I mostly posted in this thread to

a) highlight how other people had literally the exact opposite viewpoint to their own six months ago.

b) stick up for a gay poster who said they didn’t feel happy with this and got told to leave.

c) explain why Qatar have an appalling human rights record.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What an incredibly narrow minded and condescending post. Watch out guys, we have an elitist t0pred gatekeeper here.

Didn’t expect any different from you, your posts have been a car crash throughout this thread interlaced with sprinklings of xenophobia.
Is it more xenophobic than posting “feck Qatar” which you have done three times since you were a member here before they bid on Man United?

cyberman

Ten alerts I wake up to!
Nothing at all to do with xenophobia, just pointing out that there are people who celebrate their favourite country owning a team, there are others who y’know live in Manchester supporting the team.
Where did you point that out in your ramblings?

cyberman

Look back through my old posts. It’s dead easy to do.
No no, I’m asking where you pointed this out in your xenophobic post that’s been quoted.
You have a habit of misrepresenting others posts or flat out lying about what they’ve said so I just want it be clear about the argument that you’re making

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No no, I’m asking where you pointed this out in your xenophobic post that’s been quoted.
You have a habit of misrepresenting others posts or flat out lying about what they’ve said so I just want it be clear about the argument that you’re making
Here is what I am saying. I will make it 100% crystal clear.

I got tagged by someone who lives thousands of miles away from Manchester about how happy he is supporting Manchester United now his home town heroes might purchase the club. He is buzzing about this.

I don’t see it as anything to brag about at all. The guy lives thousands of miles from the game. He has plenty of local teams he could watch and support. I 100% don’t get the supporting of a team you can’t watch. That’s not xenophobic. That’s what I believe. I don’t get cockneys who support United or Scousers that support United.

For me, your football club is one that is nearby or potentiallypassed on by someone in your family. It’s a way of life that you and people like you go to watch the local match.When some posters enjoy their local team buying a club, some posters enjoy their local team scoring a goal.

I KNOW this means I would alienate a large chunk of our fanbase. I genuinely don’t care. Of course you can support the team from wherever, it is just odd to me.

EDIT: and because of my romantic views of football, I don’t want a regime with thousands of deaths on their hands with anythhing to do with my club. I don’t want a regime with misogynistic, homophobic and hateful laws taking over the club. I would rather not win anything than win something that has been tainted through a morally dubious regime.

dove

No, not at all. I mostly posted in this thread to

a) highlight how other people had literally the exact opposite viewpoint to their own six months ago.

b) stick up for a gay poster who said they didn’t feel happy with this and got told to leave.

c) explain why Qatar have an appalling human rights record.
d) constantly post some childish remarks to our international fans telling them how superior fan you are because you are from Manchester and how weird they are because they are not local.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
d) constantly post some childish remarks to our international fans telling them how superior fan you are because you are from Manchester and how weird they are because they are not local.
Imagine calling someone xenophobic because they think the team Manchester United might mean more to the people from Manchester.

You are obviously weird if you think this isn’t true.

SirAF

Ageist
Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!
How small minded :lol:

Real Name

Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!
What's this about?
Care to elaborate?

sepulturite

You somehow disagree here with him?! @Wumminator is one of the worst posters on here, and constantly belittles posters who aren't from Manchester, like they're not allowed to support the club as much as he and others from Manchester do. He's rightly being called out on it.

Steve Bruce

Where would Manchester United be if it weren't for the millions around the world supporting them? Probably like Newcastle United over the last 30 years.

They won feck all but at least the ground is full of Geordies

ElDiabloRojo

Pity we can't filter out all the arguments in this thread, the 'he is, oh no I'm not, you are'.

I support this club and take it too seriously really, to the point that it ruins my day, and the next days, when we don't get a result.

The current owners have used the club to funnel money out and put it in debt. They are poison and will continue to be if not bought out.

I would like to see us debt free and looking forward to a future where we challenge most years and are the destination club for great players.

The club needs debt to be cleared, a stadium and facilities overhaul and really it's maybe only Qatar money from those who bid that can do this to match the likes of City.

Reactions: Sultan

SirAF

Ageist
Where would Manchester United be if it weren't for the millions around the world supporting them? Probably like Newcastle United over the last 30 years.

They won feck all but at least the ground is full of Geordies
Wumminator would probably like that. At least there would be more singing, eh? And probably even more piss on bathroom floors.

dove

Imagine calling someone xenophobic because they think the team Manchester United might mean more to the people from Manchester.

You are obviously weird if you think this isn’t true.
I am not arguing about the point that it "might mean more to the people from Manchester". But read that nonsense you posted below (and it's not the first time you do post similar crap like this) and tell me it doesn't look like it was posted by someone who thinks he is just a far superior and more important fan (top red) than someone from abroad.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Wumminator would probably like that. At least there would be more singing, eh? And probably even more piss on bathroom floors.
Of course I would like more singing at home games?

Do you honestly believe if a club isn’t winning anything they shouldn’t be followed? Are we now mocking clubs with loyal fan bases who don’t win trophies?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I am not arguing about the point that it "might mean more to the people from Manchester". But read that nonsense you posted below (and it's not the first time you do post similar crap like this) and tell me it doesn't look like it was posted by someone who thinks he is just a far superior and more important fan (top red) than someone from abroad.
I am superior and more important fan than someone from abroad yes.

Real Name

Here is what I am saying. I will make it 100% crystal clear.

I got tagged by someone who lives thousands of miles away from Manchester about how happy he is supporting Manchester United now his home town heroes might purchase the club. He is buzzing about this.

I don’t see it as anything to brag about at all. The guy lives thousands of miles from the game. He has plenty of local teams he could watch and support. I 100% don’t get the supporting of a team you can’t watch. That’s not xenophobic. That’s what I believe. I don’t get cockneys who support United or Scousers that support United.

For me, your football club is one that is nearby or potentiallypassed on by someone in your family. It’s a way of life that you and people like you go to watch the local match.When some posters enjoy their local team buying a club, some posters enjoy their local team scoring a goal.

I KNOW this means I would alienate a large chunk of our fanbase. I genuinely don’t care. Of course you can support the team from wherever, it is just odd to me.

EDIT: and because of my romantic views of football, I don’t want a regime with thousands of deaths on their hands with anythhing to do with my club. I don’t want a regime with misogynistic, homophobic and hateful laws taking over the club. I would rather not win anything than win something that has been tainted through a morally dubious regime.
Jesus Christ almightly.

Yep, as it was said here you truly showed your true colours. You just doubled on your lousy take people quoted you on. Incredible.

redcucumber

This is such fecking bs. I'm so sick of people accusing others of racism because they are opposed to being owned by the state of Qatar. The same shit was said about those that wanted to have a conversation about human rights records during the World Cup. It's a really low, scumbaggy thing to do.

ElDiabloRojo

So people from Manchester piss on the floor and everyone else uses the urinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.