Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rob Harris of Sky isn't a sports journalist, and he said both had bid.

Also, where do you think any journalist get their information from?
Serious journalists would have multiple sources and wouldn't report anything unless all these sources say the same thing. Unfortunately I don't see that happening in football. We are linked with hundreds of players each year and most of the so called tier 1-2 journalists got their fingers burnt with this bid no bid mess.

Mindhunter

Which 8 are you referring to ? Sure they get into the CL on a regular basis, but so have Dortmund since 2011. There's a massive difference between qualifying for the CL and being the 2nd most successful team in the completion's history.

As for the Premier League - Arsenal don't have a sugar daddy owner, nor did Leicester. It has nothing to do with winning. City's success is because they are a very well run club who have made right coaching and player transfer decisions over the past decade. No galactico buys during that period.
Are you deliberately avoiding the word “consistently”? Neither Arsenal, nor Leicester have consistently challenged. No body has except Man City.

Yes Man City are better managed but that’s a must have with or without money. But having the financial stability allowed them to make far many mistakes that well-run self sustaining clubs can’t afford to. They have hundreds of millions of dollars worth of players on the bench.

Given our debt situation, we are playing with fire. A few wrong decisions, which is normal, will throw us over the edge.

devilish

We know a lot more substantial information about Ineos for good or for bad. Plus there are plenty of questions being asked or comments being made about their suitability from a footballing perspective. More importantly, I don't think they'll win.

So I'm more worried about the substance of the Qatari bid and whether they are on the level. For one either they're lying about not being a state bid or they're a group of unknown investors fronted by a guy who is something of an unknown quantity. People have been running around saying they would just blow everyone out of the water with their bid, but they then need more time to put it in. Might be nothing or perhaps they indeed are just a group of Qatari investors and they're in need of more backers to get the deal done. Or perhaps Jassims father got a look at the financials of the club and isn't as enamored with the deal as his Son. Jassim might be 100% on the level about what he wants for the club, but if the money isn't coming from him what's to say the other players in the bid are of the same mind.

We currently have owners that say one thing but will happily do something else, so I'm not inclined to take the next bunch on face value, whomever they may be.
The only reliable information we have is the one issued by the initial statements and TBF SJR's IS was far more vague then Jassim's (we don't even know if INEOS will make us debt free or not). Then there's a SJR's interview at the wall street journal where he insisted that he would not pay silly money and where he likened United to a painting or a house. The rest are all leaks.

MF1138

The only reliable information we have is the one issued by the initial statements and TBF SJR's IS was far more vague then Jassim's (we don't even know if INEOS will make us debt free or not). Then there's a SJR's interview at the wall street journal where he insisted that he would not pay silly money and where he likened United to a painting or a house. The rest are all leaks.
The bid may be vague but who they are is not. And again I'm really not talking about Ineos. Them being bad, if they are, does not make the Jassim bid good. Sure they have said all the things people would want to hear but that doesn't mean it's true. There are huge question marks. Like who exactly are the Nine Two foundation? Where is the money coming from?

Deflecting back on SJR doesn't make the issues with what we don't know about the Qatari bidders go away.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sorry, probably a dull question but, what has Barclays got to do with the league?
Title sponsors for 15 years or so (ended in 2018 iirc) and now the official banking partner. But whatever it is they write on paper, their partnership has been successful commercially for both parties. I can't see Barclays not wanting to be associated with Premier League, ever, so if we look deeper into that, QIA is also associated with the Premier League. Not that I'm annoyed by that or anything. It just shows how wide the Qatari has been spreading their investments.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This sale is for the Glazers 69% shares and controlling interest in the club. The rest of the shares could/would be bought later by the winning party.
Which would signify that INEOS bid is higher, if it's circa the same amount but for a lesser percentage originally than the Qatari bid.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The WSJ is a worthless thing to quote nowadays. It just reports what rich people want to say, nothing more than that.

crossy1686

career ending
Title sponsors for 15 years or so (ended in 2018 iirc) and now the official banking partner. But whatever it is they write on paper, their partnership has been successful commercially for both parties. I can't see Barclays not wanting to be associated with Premier League like ever so if we look deeper into that, QIA is also associated with the Premier League. Not that I'm annoyed by that or anything. It just shows how wide the Qatari has been spreading their investments.
I’ve said this multiple times in this thread but QIA have pumped over £34b into the UK economy via investments in British companies, Barclays being one of them. They already own part of your banks, your housing, your petrol, where you shop etc.

No other foreign country has invested more than they have in the UK economy.

They’re already here and they’re not leaving.

Tarrou

Which would signify that INEOS bid is higher, if it's circa the same amount but for a lesser percentage originally than the Qatari bid.
both the bids are for the Glazer shares only

if Qatar want the rest that will be a seperate transaction

Champ

both the bids are for the Glazer shares only

if Qatar want the rest that will be a seperate transaction
Ah Ok that wasn't abundantly clear in the reports,
so there is no guarantee that Qatar will ever own the 100% they are targeting, which adds an extra level of intrigue on that bid.

Natener

I think they feel the Glazers or Raine are getting them to bid higher against themselves by making out there is more bidders.
Are they actually allowed to do that? Because it sounds like a breach of fair market competition if there's such a thing for these bidding processes. Also would be really detrimental to Raine's reputation as a middleman if it surfaces that they made up bidders. Glazers probably doesn't care about their own reputation I guess.

BarstoolProphet

so there is no guarantee that Qatar will ever own the 100% they are targeting, which adds an extra level of intrigue on that bid.
They will probably do a squeeze-out if it comes to that.

Champ

They will probably do a squeeze-out if it comes to that.
You'd think, but there's no guarantee that they'd be able to do so, as I doubt the ruling that allowed the Glazers to do so still exists?

SmallCaine

There is no guarantee outside of them being called liars if they don't follow through on their promise, but then there's no guarantee of either following through on anything they say. However buying the rest of shares after they buy glazer shares is pretty straightforward and will most likely see utd become a private company again.

devilish

The WSJ is a worthless thing to quote nowadays. It just reports what rich people want to say, nothing more than that.
The rest are mostly leaks ie the same leaks that made most so called journalists look silly when told that sjr and jassim had placed bids when it wasn't the case

Godfather

Seems bizarre that two bidders are given more time than the others, presumably to gather more information about the other bids. Hardly a fair bidding process

Amsterdam Devil

I don’t understand we know nothing from the other supposedly bids. Could one of the other supposedly six bids be Avram and Joel themselves trying to get all the shares of their siblings with some investors? That would be a horror show!

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t understand we know nothing of the other supposedly bids. Could one of the other supposedly six bids be Avram and Joel themself trying to get all the shares of their siblings with some investors? That would be a horror show!
I don’t understand we know nothing from the other supposedly bids. Could one of the other supposedly six bids be Avram and Joel themselves trying to get all the shares of their siblings with some investors? That would be a horror show!
Deja vu

red thru&thru

Serious journalists would have multiple sources and wouldn't report anything unless all these sources say the same thing. Unfortunately I don't see that happening in football. We are linked with hundreds of players each year and most of the so called tier 1-2 journalists got their fingers burnt with this bid no bid mess.
Your last line sums it up perfectly. MOST of the journalists. To be fair, there's not one journalist, who has been reporting on this takeover, commented that the bid hadn't gone in. Even the likes of Rob Harris got it wrong.

And, just like any transfer, things can change rapidly. There's always moving parts. As a consumer of news, you have to do your part and understand not everything is always gospel.

To say journalists don't have a clue is disingenuous to their craft. Of course, there are some chancers. However, not all of them.

dove

Seems bizarre that two bidders are given more time than the others, presumably to gather more information about the other bids. Hardly a fair bidding process
I would guess that INEOS and Qatar bids are the only ones for a full acquisition while the other 5 or 6 are for a minority stake. Presumably the Glazers would prefer a full sale and are keeping those minority stake offers as a backup plan in case they cannot agree on a deal with either INEOS or Qatar. Those 2 would obviously need more time to prepare an offer too compared to the others.

MF1138

Perhaps they were the last two bids to have the meetings, and were at a disadvantage time wise because of that. It could be that simple.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Thats why I suspect the other bidders were financing, ghost or minority stake bidders (at best)

Last Thursday was the first time Raine has opened up the books -- current financial, legal obligations etc and future projections. There will be communication going back & forth between the bidding teams and the folks inside United to clarify things -- and over a weekend.
That's a lot of due diligence to push through and come up with an offer in 7 days.

whitbyviking

Englishman - lemme buy your club using more debt and let hedge funds bleed you dry in the background over the next few decades. Don't worry, we're better than those pesky Americans.

Qataris - lemme buy your club using straight cash, commit pay for full stadium renovations and commit to a massive transfer chest for the next few years at minimum. Don't worry, were not linked to the state.

--
The ultra rich lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. Maybe folks are more sensitive to issues surrounding Qatar now. It's a bit harder to wrap your head around but Radcliffe is a generational recipient of success on the backs of English slavery and colonialism. In an anachronistic way there isn't a lot between them in that regard.

And there certainly is no moral high ground to be had here. But one option actually means taking care of Manchester United in a way that has been lacking for over a decade. And that's the Sheiks bid.
This is a good one. How it Jim Ratcliffe a "generational recipient of success on the backs of English Slavery and colonialism" :lol:

He grew up in a council house, with a father who was a joiner and a mother who worked in an accounts office.

Status
Not open for further replies.