Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The summer will most likely be impacted, club will either be in limbo or still controlled by Glazers, neither scenario is beneficial. People like Arnold and Murtough have no control over how much and when funds are available so any uncertainty over the ownership will potentially cause delays an issues.
Currently the club works with the clubs money that's a constant that isn't impacted by the purchase. The difference with the purchase is potentially more money, not less. Currently the management team is supposed to work normally with informations that they have had for more than a year.

Later when there is a single bidder then that bidder may have some inputs while the last bits of paperworks are done but by that time, you pretty much have a new owner and you know the new parameters if there any new parameters.

HarryP

If anyone has exclusivity at this time, it's likely to be Elliott.

However I think there will be another sham stage to the 'sale' process to drag things out before the Glazers announce that they're staying.
Feeling very much like a sham, isn't it?

11reds

The Glazers trying to take every last penny out of club. It is time fans target our sponsors social media accounts, it is the only language they understand.

HarryP

If they had decided to stay they were always going to drag things out rather than announce it mid season. Common sense.

Andy_Cole

This sale shows how clueless most fans are in the business world. Mergers and acquisitions takes months. Due diligence is a monster process. Everything is happening in the background. Chill out. It’s not like a player transfer (although we all know United transfers take just as long!)

DownRiver

Mike Keagan has updated his article like twice now.

His second update:

- It will be a third and final round. So no exclusivity round. Whoever is highest wins.

- two deadlines, one for due diligence (deadline in a week), and another for final bids (deadline on 28th April)

- full takeover more likely

Giggsyking

The Glazers trying to take every last penny out of club. It is time fans target our sponsors social media accounts, it is the only language they understand.
That did really affect them, there were news last year about team viewer were unhappy with the targeting they got on social media and other websites from united supporters.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Mike Keagan has updated his article like twice now.

His second update:

- It will be a third and final round. So no exclusivity round. Whoever is highest wins.

- two deadlines, one for due diligence (deadline in a week), and another for final bids (deadline on 28th April)

- full takeover more likely
Love this.

DownRiver

I can’t believe I am saying this, but I think people need to give Glazers the benefit of the doubt for another round if both of the highest bidders have bid the same amount?

Would you not want another round? What are they supposed to do?

clarkydaz

I can’t believe I am saying this, but I think people need to give Glazers the benefit of the doubt for another round if both of the highest bidders have bid the same amount?

You dont know what they have bid. What next, round 4?

DownRiver

You dont know what they have bid. What next, round 4?
Let’s say in previous round Jassim and Radcliffe both bid 5b pounds. As a owner, what else are you going to do?

I am not trying to defend their actions, I would like to know what people on here would do if it was your company.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Personally I’m both surprised and offended that the Glazers are negotiating for more money.

jm99

So 2 weeks on Friday and then we should know one way or another, I'll be absolutely devastated if the parasites don't leave after all thia

Roboc7

Currently the club works with the clubs money that's a constant that isn't impacted by the purchase. The difference with the purchase is potentially more money, not less. Currently the management team is supposed to work normally with informations that they have had for more than a year.

Later when there is a single bidder then that bidder may have some inputs while the last bits of paperworks are done but by that time, you pretty much have a new owner and you know the new parameters if there any new parameters.
It’s the club’s money but the Glazers decide how much of it is spent. We have no idea what prospective owners will want, they might want a freeze on new signings, they might allow things to go as being planned or have their own ideas. They might not be advanced enough to have any kind of say or impact.

Giggsyking

I will never give them anything positive, the fecking leeches deserves nothing but to be kicked out of the club.

stevoc

Well people were literally asking him for the news. At least he didn't sent them to feck off this time round.

Howson has its strengths. His tactical analysis is quite good and is way better then all rival channels. However he just love to talk about himself as if anyone cares
Like most feckwits on Youtube.

C'est Moi Cantona

You don't go to the 2nd, and then 3rd round of bidding if you're not expecting to sell the club at the end of it, or it wouldn't be worth the effort now, it's not like they're going to suddenly up their bids by a billion, so they must be close already.

It's good news for me, though just a bit worrying about the timeline for it actually been done now.

stevoc

Aye, I kind of stopped reading this thread, it's the same shite over and over again.

Nothing has happened in 2 weeks.

Nothing is likely to happen for another 2 weeks.
Same here I think it's largely ran it's course, not much more to discuss until something happens.

Roboc7

We have access to the credit facility still this summer - it could just be treated as business as usual until the sale. The people making the decisions over who to sign and sell will be doing so regardless of who owns us unless the new owner goes full Boehly and ditches everyone with no replacement.
There’s a lot in between going film Boehly and just allowing any current plans to go ahead without getting involved. We have no idea what any new owners will want to do, whether they have already decided to bring a new DOF from day 1 etc.

When the season ends there is going to be some level of uncertainty over who the owners will be for rest of the summer and I’d be shocked if that doesn’t have some form of impact over what happens in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.