Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I have no inside information obviously, but as someone thats worked in finance for over two decades I don't see a scenario in the Glazer's current financial position where they really could move forward with a controlling interest. Firstly, its clear they simply can't move forward with their current debt service.

I've said this in other posts but simply put...it makes no finacial sense for them to do a partial sale that keeps them in control...they are too leveraged, and the Glazers would be mad to give up extremely valuable minority equity to simply take out debt when they have current massive bids for a total sale. That "given up" equity would only appreciate more before the eventual future sale down the road. It's beyond stupid and the Glazers are not stupid financially (just in other ways...). This is why there have been partial buyers that have submitted bids that have claimed publicly they don't think the Glazers are serious about the partial bids, and have pulled their offers.

Because of that, I see this as really just a ploy to move up the bid amounts by creating false urgency. It will work sadly...The Glazers are going to make a fortune on this (total) sale.

I highly doubt the full sale is any real danger IMHO...
I agree 100%! Thanks for sharing some common sense to this thread.

I don’t understand how people can fall for these amateurish so calked “leaks”? For weeks it’s dead silence from both SJR and SJ but someone close to the Glazers they off course have all the right information about the Glazers future intentions. Make sense, doesn’t it?

This isn’t hard to understand.

Take a look at MUFC latest Q2 interim report and use your calculator and you will see that our club is on is way to bankruptcy without a fresh cash injection so we can reduce out our principal debts and outstanding contract liabilities. Going to bed with a VC in such scenario is madness and the Glazers are too greedy to do such a mistake. I have a lot so say about them but they’re not reckless with own wealth.

One of the two serious buyers will stump up a sum close to what the sellers want because MUFC is a unique luxury brand similar to Ferrari and Rolex and companies like that can’t be valued according to normal measurements.

The Glazers has now a once in lifetime opportunity if they want maximum value when selling their shares. The market has shown them several times that any intention to stay and the price of the listed shares will plummet like stone in the water.

What’s the old saying? Many great opportunities comes like a snail but if you’re not ready they disappears like a scared rabbit.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well...crap. Seems more likely there will be investment from a third party rather than a full sale.

I made my peace a while ago that I'd be uncomfortable with a full sale to either of the main parties involved but the latest news is just as depressing. What a crap situation.

cyberman

This is it for Ogden. He’s gotten a lot wrong or slow in the past but his names out there now. No more being a trustworthy source if this doesn’t end up being true. He’s been in life support for long enough

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It presented the opportunity for Glazer to increase his holding and force a buyout. I thought this was well known?
I assumed the poster wasn't been serious.

If only Rock of Gibraltar had been an average racehorse this pain would never have happened.
Just to clear this up. The Glazers made Magnier/McManus an offer for their shares that they accepted. Which is how takeovers like this happen. Shareholders always have their price. Yes, there was a falling out with Fergie over a horse but it’s very naive to think that they would have turned down the opportunity to make a shit load of money on their investment if they were still pals with Fergie. Their main priority in everything they did was always feathering their own pockets. Even at the time it seemed implausible to claim that the Glazer takeover wouldn’t have happened without “horsegate” but over the decades since it’s been completely twisted.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Just to clear this up. The Glazers made Magnier/McManus an offer for their shares that they accepted. Which is how takeovers like this happen. Shareholders always have their price. Yes, there was a falling out with Fergie over a horse but it’s very naive to think that they would have turned down the opportunity to make a shit load of money on their investment if they were still pals with Fergie. Their main priority in everything they did was always feathering their own pockets. Even at the time it seemed implausible to claim that the Glazer takeover wouldn’t have happened without “horsegate” but over the decades since it’s been completely twisted.
Malcolm Glazer, not ‘the glazers’. The kids didn’t get involved until old Malc snuffed it! Just to clear this up. :D

nainaisson

This Joan it for Ogden. He’s gotten a lot wrong or slow in the past but his names out there now. No more being a trustworthy source if this doesn’t end up being true. He’s been in life support for long enough
Honestly can't remember the last time he was right about anything. I've assumed for a while that his job is just to churn out clickbait garbage for his Disney/ESPN overlords.

Pirlo'sBeard

There's no turning back for them now.

Surely this is a ploy to put potential buyers under pressure.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If they don’t sell now then we are likely stuck with them for a very very long time. Who in their right mind would want to negotiate with them in the future after this farce?

arthurka

I don´t see how they are going to do anything with the club, these two idiots own just over 30% of the voting so even if they want to I don´t see how they could.
If the offer is good the others will sell.

Woziak

I agree 100%! Thanks for sharing some common sense to this thread.

I don’t understand how people can fall for these amateurish so calked “leaks”? For weeks it’s dead silence from both SJR and SJ but someone close to the Glazers they off course have all the right information about the Glazers future intentions. Make sense, doesn’t it?

This isn’t hard to understand.

Take a look at MUFC latest Q2 interim report and use your calculator and you will see that our club is on is way to bankruptcy without a fresh cash injection so we can reduce out our principal debts and outstanding contract liabilities. Going to bed with a VC in such scenario is madness and the Glazers are too greedy to do such a mistake. I have a lot so say about them but they’re not reckless with own wealth.

One of the two serious buyers will stump up a sum close to what the sellers want because MUFC is a unique luxury brand similar to Ferrari and Rolex and companies like that can’t be valued according to normal measurements.

The Glazers has now a once in lifetime opportunity if they want maximum value when selling their shares. The market has shown them several times that any intention to stay and the price of the listed shares will plummet like stone in the water.

What’s the old saying? Many great opportunities comes like a snail but if you’re not ready they disappears like a scared rabbit.
The reality is that Man united was only that shiny new red Ferrari two decades ago, now however after the complete derelict of management by the most parasitic of owners, that Ferrari has been left to rust, never serviced and more importantly was highly financed and then refinanced again so now you have a rapidly deprecating asset that you still haven’t paid for in its full entirety and it keeps loosing money.

Why because 10 years ago when it was still at relative optimum power and performance, you could put it on the race track and it would always be in a finish for first or second, always at the top of the grid, never in the second or third starting grid positions.

The owners employed a few poor mechanics who bought the wrong parts for the car and basically left it to deteriorate why the owners kept milking funds from fading sponsors until finally the money ran out and they were left with a Ferrari which was only in name that top brand, rusting, spluttering to drive at top speed it became a vintage museum piece. The owners now desperate to sell and recoup the investment their daddy and banks had paid, thought they would give it a new lick of paint, four new tyres and new horn, to convince the buying world it’s as good as new.

Guess what only a few buyers through nostalgia showed any interest and only offered 75/80% of what the greedy owners wanted, so dissatisfied with this they threatened to stop the sale and vow to come back again when they rebuilt the chassis , suspension and buy a brand new shiny garage to store it. Four of the Six Owners could see this was madness so they jumped at the first minority buyer to offer them money and left the other two to continue the project, for the other 2 only to realise In 12 months they had no money, we’re going to get no money from new stake holders and the car was repossessed , where a very wealthy Sheikh who had offered 80% previously now bought the car for 25% and he vowed to rebuild it from scratch to its original splendour.

My point is the world right now is not somewhere where you go throwing around £6-7bn even if your a Shekh, due diligence is done for a reason and with the huge debt around the club, £5-5.5bn is an incredible offer for the club right now, I see SJ pulling early out next, SJR trying to maybe do a deal with a Hedge fund and offering £5.5bn take it or leave it ?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If they don’t sell now then we are likely stuck with them for a very very long time. Who in their right mind would want to negotiate with them in the future after this farce?
Mr Desert eagle 5.0 and his 9 best friends?

Dembeza

Looking good for the Glazers

Let me get this right.

So the buyers we reprimanded for going to the media because they signed an NDA but the Glazers seem like they are doing as they please and briefing the media almost everyday?

It is like the media are just making up stories each and everyday. If the Glazers were indeed briefing the media as a power play, the buyers would have been doing the same.

The that we haven’t heard anything from the buyers should tell a story that there are no briefs from those negotiating but the media are just making things up.

Syphon Wallet

I don´t see how they are going to do anything with the club, these two idiots own just over 30% of the voting so even if they want to I don´t see how they could.
If the offer is good the others will sell.
They would hold onto a majority voting percentage for now probably.

Tiber

The journalists who got so upset by the idea of Qatar making United successful will be delighted to see us shackled to the Glazers and a fecking hedge fund

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The reality is that Man united was only that shiny new red Ferrari two decades ago, now however after the complete derelict of management by the most parasitic of owners, that Ferrari has been left to rust, never serviced and more importantly was highly financed and then refinanced again so now you have a rapidly deprecating asset that you still haven’t paid for in its full entirety and it keeps loosing money.

Why because 10 years ago when it was still at relative optimum power and performance, you could put it on the race track and it would always be in a finish for first or second, always at the top of the grid, never in the second or third starting grid positions.

The owners employed a few poor mechanics who bought the wrong parts for the car and basically left it to deteriorate why the owners kept milking funds from fading sponsors until finally the money ran out and they were left with a Ferrari which was only in name that top brand, rusting, spluttering to drive at top speed it became a vintage museum piece. The owners now desperate to sell and recoup the investment their daddy and banks had paid, thought they would give it a new lick of paint, four new tyres and new horn, to convince the buying world it’s as good as new.

Guess what only a few buyers through nostalgia showed any interest and only offered 75/80% of what the greedy owners wanted, so dissatisfied with this they threatened to stop the sale and vow to come back again when they rebuilt the chassis , suspension and buy a brand new shiny garage to store it. Four of the Six Owners could see this was madness so they jumped at the first minority buyer to offer them money and left the other two to continue the project, for the other 2 only to realise In 12 months they had no money, we’re going to get no money from new stake holders and the car was repossessed , where a very wealthy Sheikh who had offered 80% previously now bought the car for 25% and he vowed to rebuild it from scratch to its original splendour.

My point is the world right now is not somewhere where you go throwing around £6-7bn even if your a Shekh, due diligence is done for a reason and with the huge debt around the club, £5-5.5bn is an incredible offer for the club right now, I see SJ pulling early out next, SJR trying to maybe do a deal with a Hedge fund and offering £5.5bn take it or leave it ?
You’re right if they only buy the car but with the brand follows so much more.

Somewhere between 50-600M supporters/followers.
All the land around OT and the business opportunities that follows.
The enormous upside if they can sell streaming services to all our “followers”.
The untapped ME market.
An opportunity to be part of the new Super League if that materializes.

Maybe the car is old but the brand is still golden and one of the most recognized in the world. Having direct access to so much potential loyal customers invaluable.

You pay what you think the future will hold, not the present. The Glazers also understand these opportunities but to have a chance to be successful they or any new owner need fresh cash who’s not burden by high interest rates. That’s why this is a no go for the Glazers to continue.

Leg-End

There is only one explanation for the Glazers wanting to cling onto this club, the backlash makes them horny.

Brophs

The One and Only
If they were that confident, they wouldn’t need to be putting it about.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
We all thought it was impossible for them to stay and tried to do the mental maths and actual maths as to why it doesn’t make sense.

But here we are, just a few days from the alleged “final deadline” and the news breaks they will most likely stay.

In my opinion they never wanted to leave , they were likely forced into the situation, they always wanted high amounts of investment and when they went on to the market no one was keen.

They’ve delayed and delayed to provide every opportunity to investment groups to come up with something they deem acceptable and doable.

In this situation I think they have got what they want and a group has signed up to some ridiculous deal that both favours the glazers and allows them to siphon more cash out.

I think there is a chance of a full sale still but one of the interested parties would have to go to stupid amounts , I’m talking 8bln.

10bln is out there as a figure they think they’ll get in the future they will want to get as close to that as possible to sell.

I think we’ll hear of buyers backing out in the next week or so, they are taking the piss.

Marcelinho87

Let me get this right.

So the buyers we reprimanded for going to the media because they signed an NDA but the Glazers seem like they are doing as they please and briefing the media almost everyday?

It is like the media are just making up stories each and everyday. If the Glazers were indeed briefing the media as a power play, the buyers would have been doing the same.

The that we haven’t heard anything from the buyers should tell a story that there are no briefs from those negotiating but the media are just making things up.
The Glazers aren't under an NDA, they own the asset so they can speak as freely as they want.

Andy_Cole

The journalists who got so upset by the idea of Qatar making United successful will be delighted to see us shackled to the Glazers and a fecking hedge fund
And the posters on redcafe. They should have it on their tagline ‘takes it up the arse by Glazers’

Yakuza_devils

Where is Elon Musk when we need him? He is a Man Utd fan and the only one rich enough to just give the damn 6B Glazers want and ask them to feck off asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.