Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosws87

All I'm saying is nobody really knows the finer details of what went on at each club, or how much the owner really cared about the project. One thing is for sure, you won't be able to get away with shitty ownership at a club as big as this. If you feck up someone like Malaga or Girona it barely makes news.
The irony :lol:

Godfather

Yeah covered that in the post above. It's more visible is what I was meaning to say.
That's what my hope is as well. I have no trust in Jim as his sport involvments aren't even remotely succesfull. But if he fecks it up here it'd be another dimension. Fans and media will be on his back and I hope that would have an effect.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Glazers will still have the majority voting rights at the club.
There’s nobody on earth who pays a few billion for something and does take control of that thing. You are making assumptions and spreading false narratives. Of course the share structure will be revised - either Sir Jim getting the B class shares or the Glazers voting rights being downgraded to A. The Glazers have the power to do this.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That's what my hope is as well. I have no trust in Jim as his sport involvments aren't even remotely succesfull. But if he fecks it up here it'd be another dimension. Fans and media will be on his back and I hope that would have an effect.
He'd also theoretically be easier to track down than the Glazers in the US.

Bosws87

He'd also theoretically be easier to track down than the Glazers in the US.
Would also get a more easy ride, as he’s British and that would buy him more time with the media.

The fans however he has about 10 games until they would turn, that’s the state of the fan base currently.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So have INEOS taken over yet or Qatar still in the running to win?
Can’t you just read the last 70 pages? There is about 4 posts in there somewhere that should tell you all you need to know.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Would also get a more easy ride, as he’s British and that would buy him more time with the media.

The fans however he has about 10 games until they would turn, that’s the state of the fan base currently.
10 is generous. I'm fearing for our new striker if they don't score within 27 minutes of their debut.

Tango80

Come on, I very much doubt that the deal (if it happens) will be Ratcliffe buying 51+%, not knowing about the A/B shares, and then the Glazers tell him “your shares ain’t worth shit”.
It's second guessing a bit. We don't know for sure that this offer would gain INEOS control of voting rights.

But I agree with you re how it looks - if you're buying 51% of a club, that alone suggests it's to gain control of it

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I already answered to a similar argument to that. Abu Dhabi owned a shitload of clubs. A big chunk of them are doing exceptionally well like for example Man City, Mumbai City FC, and Melbourne City. Some are doing fairly well like New York FC while some are struggling. At Girona they only own a minority share of 44.3% btw so you can't really blame them on that. For the record I believe that they are better owners then Qatar and far better then INEOS who seem cursing every football club they touch

They still have a far better record then INEOS were they are pretty shit at every football club they own.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
All I'm saying is nobody really knows the finer details of what went on at each club, or how much the owner really cared about the project. One thing is for sure, you won't be able to get away with shitty ownership at a club as big as this. If you feck up someone like Malaga or Girona it barely makes news.
If you feck up at every club then surely you can blame those who call you a shitty owner though

stevoc

Still think there's a possibility that Knight Rider and his very real consortium swoop in at the last minute and gazump everyone.

Do we think he can still do keepy uppies?

Heinzesight

Still think there's a possibility that Knight Rider and his very real consortium swoop in at the last minute and gazump everyone.

:lol:
Ratcliffe will be out in the garden practising them. I reckon he could do at least three by now.

Marcelinho87

If SJR wins the bid then at least our 5th place Europa league spot is guaranteed each year. Not much will change under him, as he's a business man and United will get run like a business just like under the Glazers.

1st Year, lots of talk and bounce having secured United. Fans all excited expecting big things. Buys a £100m Kane to keep the fans happy and an extra £100m for other signings. Talks of rebuilding Old Trafford. Fans jubilant.
2nd Year. Fans asking for more transfer money to push on. Get one £80m player but not so much for others. Talk of putting out the stadium rebuild to architects.
3rd Year. Transfer kitty not quite so much overall. No mention of the stadium. Fans start getting a bit restless due to no silverware. Lovely 3D architect images shown to public to keep them sweet.
4th Year. Fans starting to moan a lot as still no Champions League. Stadium plans decided to be a rebuild. Will aim to do this 2-4 years from now.
5th Year. Still lumbering in 5th and happy with Europa league. Players not coming to Utd due to not being in CL. Stadium rebuild scrapped, decided on some refurbs and lick of paint.
6th Year, Fans really annoyed now. Banners going up at matches wanting Ratcliffe Out. Old Trafford given a lick of Dulux and internet increased from Dial-up-modem to Broadband.
7th Year. Fans had enough. All the promises when taken over haven't materialised. No rebuild of Old Trafford. Transfer kitty is low. Fans saying its been nearly 20yrs since we last won a title. United run like a business...just like the Glazers.

In the meantime City have done back to back trebles, Newcastle are flourishing and Spurs have been bought by Jassim and are full of superstar players just for the fun of it.
Do you plot your whole life in such negative fashion?

Imagine bleating on this much over a fantasy you dreamed up.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

He will no doubt take the credit if SJR is successful in buying United.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

And failing that we still have The 1958 as a backup, led by billionaire Marge Simpsons (Richard Arnold's friend).

Gavinb33

It's second guessing a bit. We don't know for sure that this offer would gain INEOS control of voting rights.

But I agree with you re how it looks - if you're buying 51% of a club, that alone suggests it's to gain control of it
You don't get to his level of wealth by being a fool, there is 0 chance he allows this to happen 0, if he us successful he is taking over control of the club

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If SJR becomes the new owner, how long will it take till we have threads about Global Warming and SJROut?

Big Andy

Bloke
If SJR becomes the new owner, how long will it take till we have threads about Global Warming and SJROut?
It will just further split the fanbase (online at least). We won't progress as a club as there will always be dissenting voices about everything, and that creeps from online in to mainstream media, which automatically brings it front and centre which adds pressure to the whole club to get things right first time, every time, which is impossible.

TrebleChamp99

Incorrectly predicted ten Hag’s departure
Big daddy Jim walked into Old Trafford and took the tour he wasn’t overly interested and made a b line to the Raine group holding offices.

As he strided in he was seen unzipping as he walked as he reached the desk of the surprised associate a look of shock and confusion came over their face a loud THUD and slap was heard , it silenced the busy room as workers and assistants paused and stared in disbelief.

Sir Jim with a smirk on his face and an air confidence with his head tilted down cradling his engorged swollen beast of a member , the table audibly creaked it was resting on and on leg of it seemed to buckle slightly.

He looks up at the assistant at the end of the table and says “I assume we have a deal…”

Slings his coat over his shoulder and walks out.

That’s why Jassim has gone so silent. He was never in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.