Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pleased to say it looks like you were right.

The latest Ben Jacobs tweet seems to clarify!

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel!!!
The latest Ben Jacobs tweet has been resoundingly dismissed as absolute nonsense by someone who works in M&A

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
He'd be 4th richest owner in the PL behind 2 states and the Chelsea guy, above him if you count INEOS.

He could easily afford either, the Chelsea thing was strange and I don't think he ever wanted to buy.

As for "Rat" what are you, six?
Isn’t he a lot richer than Boehly? First hit on Google say so.

Marcelinho87

Isn’t he a lot richer than Boehly? First hit on Google say so.
I wasn't sure so went cautious, I know INEOS most certainly are.

A lot of people here acting as though he hasn't got 10p to scratch his arse with.

He's a financially successful bloke, simple as that.

dinostar77

Aussie_Red_Devil

I wasn't sure so went cautious, I know INEOS most certainly are.

A lot of people here acting as though he hasn't got 10p to scratch his arse with.

He's a financially successful bloke, simple as that.
yeah I’m not sure if it’s that his English or what but you would think he has $2 to his name the way some people are talking.

Micky Targaryen

The fact people keep bringing up Brexit as a stick to beat Jim with shows just how out of their depth they are with this debate.

Qatari policy in their own country makes Brexit seem like Disneyland. You'd know this if you actually bothered to read about it.

I can understand wanting the debt gone and the Glazers totally gone. That's all perfectly sensible. However these BS arguement about Brexit and other such things are such a front and BS excuses. You just want that Qatari oil / gas money. That's all it's about so don't pretend it's anything else.

I have more respect for the pro Qatar lot on here who are just honest about their intentions and don't hide behind this nonsense.
I keep seeing this being bandied around in this thread. Who exactly is pretending that they don't want Qatar money? Of course we want the money. We want lots of it! Because guess what, you need a shit tonne of money to run a successful football club especially in these recent era. We can't afford to keep our debt snowball, the club's maintenance bill is growing, footballers wages are increasing, and the club needs to invest heavily in transfers every season.

Did anyone actually say they prefer Jassim for his personality?

dinostar77

Has there been a annoucement ive missed? Or is this social media speculation that Qatar have won.

Ps. I want qatar oil/gas money and loads of it.

cyberman

I keep seeing this being bandied around in this thread. Who exactly is pretending that they don't want Qatar money? Of course we want the money. We want lots of it! Because guess what, you need a shit tonne of money to run a successful football club especially in these recent era. We can't afford to keep our debt snowball, the club's maintenance bill is growing, footballers wages are increasing, and the club needs to invest heavily in transfers every season.

Did anyone actually say they prefer Jassim for his personality?
I’d pick Qatar since I want the Glazers gone.
It’s a shit point anyway. You just want the debt wiped out, the old stadium to get a massive makeover and the chance to spend every penny United makes on the club instead of seeing 1b walking out the door.
Oh no, he sure told Qatar fans..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope this gets sorted this week. I am tired of the speculation. And it’s hurting the club.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Loads on twitter seemingly confident that Qatar have won but I can’t find what’s made everyone think that way :lol:

leet

Loads on twitter seemingly confident that Qatar have won but I can’t find what’s made everyone think that way :lol:
Everything so far suggested INEOS, no idea where is this coming from now... I'm not morally superior so I don't want British Glazer either, if Club will indeed be sold then Qatar is better option.

Fts 74

Sad day if all reports that Qatar have won are true.I'll just have to accept it I suppose.

MDFC Manager

Likely made up, apparently there were meetings between Qatar, Glazers and Raine in New York last night :lol:

glasgow 21

The pro & anti qatar posters need to sit back and have a word with themselves. I am a realist having no say in the matter other than the odd post on here. The main issue here is any purchase of Man Utd by any of the prospected bidder clearly lands on the door of the Glazer Family. Qatar buys its the Glazer fault 100% if Ineos buys its the Glazers fault 100%. There needs to be less McCarthyism style outing of supporters either side of the argument. If the Glazers hadn't ladened the club on ever scaling debt whilst doing little to nothing with the business infrastructure over the same period , then there might have been more choices in room. Circa billion debt removes all but the choices we have before us. Whilst we tear each other apart over who's the supporter with the highest morally correct code the Glazers are the sole pigs with their noses in the trough squeezing ever last ounce of liquidity out of the club before heading into the sunset.

wolvored

Agree with this.

If he had to up his offer, I'm pretty confident he would. The Times article from a few weeks ago also states that he hasn't been required to bid for all the Glazer shares.

At this point in his life, considering his wealth and age, and the money his company makes, I don't see him not committing a bit more money towards what I suppose is a big dream of his: to own his boyhood club and create a long-lasting legacy by taking us back to the top.
Then why is he dithering about by paying 51% and keeping the leeches onboard and not buy all their shares? As you say in the last paragraph, if true, then he could afford this without Ineos backing out of his own wealth and still be a multi billionaire. Instead if he does eventually get iy on current terms, we will still be in as big a mess as we are now.

Voteon

Good Morning to everyone,

Аnd especially to the new owners of Manchester United, Qatar !

We are officially back :devil:
Cantona refused to watch the 2022 World Cup, because of Qatar's record on its migrant workers.

To see people steal his identity and align it with Qatar is deeply shameful, and a great insult to the man.

dinostar77

Then why is he dithering about by paying 51% and keeping the leeches onboard and not buy all their shares? As you say in the last paragraph, if true, then he could afford this without Ineos backing out of his own wealth and still be a multi billionaire. Instead if he does eventually get iy on current terms, we will still be in as big a mess as we are now.
Only the qatar bid has promised to wipe out Utd'd current debt. Ratcliffe has made no such commitment.

"...But one key advantage that Al Thani holds over English billionaire Ratcliffe is that he is promising to make his takeover debt-free. The Qatari is also pledging to wipe the debt accrued by the Glazers from the Red Devils accounts.

Estimates put United's debt in the region of £1billion, so to wipe it would be a huge undertaking. That is something Ratcliffe is not prepared to match according to The Athletic, via the BBC's How To Buy A Football Club podcast.

It is said to be 'impossible' for Ratcliffe to match Al Thani's promise to wipe the debt. That is despite the Englishman having a personal fortune in the region of £6bn, thanks in large part to his owning of chemical giant Ineos..."

Kaos

Why is everyone so sure Qatar have won? All I'm seeing on Twitter are fake Romano profiles with the 'here we go' nonsense.

Last edited:

Appletonred

Hope that the twitter rumours are true but until its official its pure speculation, and probably a coping mechanism after the City treble.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...But one key advantage that Al Thani holds over English billionaire Ratcliffe is that he is promising to make his takeover debt-free.

"Key advantage" in what sense, though? The Glazers don't give a feck about having the debt cleared, why should they?

Certain journos keep repeating points like this, and it makes no sense whatsoever: "Sheikh promises to clone Pelé and build ten new cheese rooms at OT!". As if the Glazers care what happens to the club after they've pissed off.

Giggsyking

Include them in what ? They are one of multiple parties bidding for United. The "do they actually have the funds" bit would seem to be a part of the process in selecting a preferred bidder, which hasn't happened yet.
9 months of bidding and negotiation, but they have not checked if they have the money. Seriously.

Zed 101

"Key advantage" in what sense, though? The Glazers don't give a feck about having the debt cleared, why should they?

Certain journos keep repeating points like this, and it makes no sense whatsoever: "Sheikh promises to clone Pelé and build ten new cheese rooms at OT!". As if the Glazers care what happens to the club after they've pissed off.
MMMM! cheese rooms :drool:

MDFC Manager

Yeah from the glazer point of view it makes no sense simplistically thinking. Unless there's some other things that we don't know of? Is the transaction faster or are there any tax benefits if they debt gets paid off with the glazer exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.