Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
If we stuck to the rules we could only spend £100m this summer. Do you really think that'd satisfy the Qatari's? Why would they be content sticking to the rules (which they've not done in the past) when they can do a workaround and get what they want much faster?
We can spend a £1b if we want, but we can only make up to £100m of outgoing payments this summer.

Godfather

I‘ve registered companies in Ireland. It takes several weeks to process. How is it different in the Uk?
But three months for a simple holding? Jacobs is talking out of his arse here. No two ways about it. Very, very, very unlikely this company was registered before the last Qatar bid.

justboy68

Doesn't the Reuturs article just say Qatar are negotiating FOR EXCLUSIVITY. It hasn't been granted? Basically Qatar are saying, please only talk with us and the Glazers saying no.

Infra-red

Reuters and Simon Stone didn't really say anything different to each other
Correct. Reuters have not reported that Qatar have entered into exclusivity - only that they are discussing it, the situation is fluid and a bid from Ineos can prevent it.

The BBC (Simon Stone) have reported that no exclusivity has been granted - this does not contradict the Reuters report.

klayton88

I promised myself I wouldn't get invested in the club sale / transfers this summer and was welcoming a summer of different sports and a break from what feels like daily football since the restart after covid. Yet here I am. I'm a weak man. This is going to be another classic united summer with twitter journos spouting shite.

Skills

Snitch
Could we tempt Guardiola to jump ship? Qatari's are richer than Abu Dhabi so can surely make it worth his while

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:lol: . At any one time, I have at least 6 qatari's in my cellar. I don't do anything with them, I just periodically prod them and ask about the take over.
Jim Brexit is someone who has a track record of mainly running clubs poorly, the achievements of Nice started badly and went downhill from there.

*The anti-Qatar posters* - ‘Whooo… whoooo do you think you are?’

jm99

Id rather have the Glazers own us than be a state backed club.

It's not about winning at all costs. You live and die by your decisions so long as you operate fairly. That fair part is gone from us now. I'll always support us, but I'd rather us get to where we go naturally and ethically through normal decisions - because when you do get it right, it all tastes so much better. For a multitude of reasons. You can ignore the problems of being the sportswashing puppet of a human rights violating state, and there are still loads of issues I have with a sugar daddy owner that I never wanted touching my club.
In what way will we not be operating fairly, we're probably the biggest club in the world with legitimate revenues and a fanbase that City could only dream of. Cheating won't be necessary for us

stepic

This quite naive, to be fair. Presumably the Qatari owners will want to win and be successful, and cheating is a pretty good way of getting there, especially when other teams are cheating.
it’s a massive presumption to suggest they’d need to cheat to be successful. We already have massive revenues, we don’t need fake sponsors.

this is partly why we’re going to cost $6b+ and not a few hundred million.

jm99

Nah definitely not. You've got that wrong I'm pretty sure. The vast majority of transfers are leveraged over several years. Doing that doesn't mean you can spend 400m/500m every summer just because the repayments are spread out.
So how did Chelsea spend 600m last season?

KjaAnd

Id rather have the Glazers own us than be a state backed club.

It's not about winning at all costs. You live and die by your decisions so long as you operate fairly. That fair part is gone from us now. I'll always support us, but I'd rather us get to where we go naturally and ethically through normal decisions - because when you do get it right, it all tastes so much better. For a multitude of reasons. You can ignore the problems of being the sportswashing puppet of a human rights violating state, and there are still loads of issues I have with a sugar daddy owner that I never wanted touching my club.
This is almost exactly how I feel about all of this. Only thing I’ll say is that most billionaire owners will have made their wealth through highly questionable methods. This goes for the Glazers and SJR as well.

Cloud7

During an exclusivity period the sellers can only negotiate with the exclusive buyers about terms. That's usually also the period when due diligence is done. Some indicative valuation is usually already agreed upon, but parties still have to agree to the ultimate deal. No other buyers can be brought in to bid during exclusivity. If the exclusivity period expires without a deal being agreed then bids from other buyers can be entertained again.
So in theory we could still be a long way from this actually being done:nervous:

Chief123

There's nothing conflicting there, unfortunately. They are negotiating exclusivity, they don't have it yet so both are correct. We are living in a prayer that Ratcliffe comes in with a new 11th hour bid to stop it from happening basically.
I thought you were telling us Ratcliffe had executed really smart business just a few days ago? Sheikh Jassim messed up you told us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Correct. Reuters have not reported that Qatar have entered into exclusivity - only that they are discussing it, the situation is fluid and a bid from Ineos can prevent it.

The BBC (Simon Stone) have reported that no exclusivity has been granted - this does not contradict the Reuters report.
Haven’t the two bidders been negotiating for exclusivity since the whole process kicked off?

Idxomer

He doesn't know anything anyway, I'm not sure why people think he's clued up on anything United related.
Or anyone else for that mattet, his claim to fame was doing an interview with Boehly last year. No one used to post anything from him before that.

Zed 101

I don't. The success we might get is tainted for me now because in my head there is a 99% chance this is a state backed bid and we will be a state backed, oil club who will now cheat our way to success if we have to. I don't like that out of principle, not on the chance that somebody finds out. The 1% off chance that it's all legit is that small of odds that it doesn't come into play because I'm not gonna shove my head in the sand and hope on a prayer that this isn't what we all know it is.
We so so massively financially dominant before the Chelsea/City billionaires that this was always the case, hence why we were the ones breaking transfer records most seasons. I wish you well, I could care less what any opposition fan's opinion is or the rhetoric they spout in the press

jm99

Er... No. That would meant next season we cant buy anymore. It doesnt really work that way.
I guess Chelsea are a much bigger club than us with more revenue given they spent 600m last summer

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Sad day for English football as a whole if it proceeds. I just hope for your sake you’re run like City or Newcastle rather than PSG.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To be fair, most top clubs have cheated one way or the other. So his prediction is likely correct and doesn't really amount to anything other than United will do what nearly everyone do which is push the boundaries or step over them. As an example in theory clubs aren't supposed to talk to players that are under contract without the explicit agreement of their employer...
Kinda silly to immediately compare us to a club with 115 charges against them though. The closest thing to City is PSG and they arent that "evil". So these predetermined "club is ruined" is very premature and baseless. The take over process hasnt even ended!

Chief123

It’s such a beautiful sight to not see the word Glazers in the thread title anymore. Best title edit ever. :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So how did Chelsea spend 600m last season?
You would have to know two things. How much room for investment FFP allows new owners to have, I don't remember how much it is. And secondly you need to know how much room Chelsea had anyway. A silly example would be that if Chelsea were scheduled to be 200m€ under the FFP limits, they would have 200m available for investment without problems.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Doesn't the Reuturs article just say Qatar are negotiating FOR EXCLUSIVITY. It hasn't been granted? Basically Qatar are saying, please only talk with us and the Glazers saying no.
Well no that’s a daft take.

What this suggests is that the Qatar bid has been chosen. The Glazers and Qataris are now entering into negotiations about how that exclusive period will work. New NDAs will likely be drawn up as they will be given far more access to club accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.