Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

As if they'd give a damn.
Oh they do. Qatar ownership would really expose their mismanagement. INEOS are not in the same league - no promises to clear debt or invest in decaying infrastructure. If they can get them both to about the same level of bid then INEOS is far more comfortable for them.

Coops73

You have misinterpreted.

My point was regarding advantages to the Glazers.

I do and did not dispute one of those three outcomes being decisive. Though not equally bad they are still all bad, however, and absolutely no cause for celebration.

The uncertainty with Qatar is how they will manage the club. Gentrifying Trafford, Qatarington and 'no more debt!' do not equal great management. The evidence of their psg debacle shows a merry-go-round of mediocrity against serious opposition.
There is no evidence that the same people that run PSG will be running Manchester United if the “Qataris” take over.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Oh they do. Qatar ownership would really expose their mismanagement. INEOS are not in the same league - no promises to clear debt or invest in decaying infrastructure. If they can get them both to about the same level of bid then INEOS is far more comfortable for them.
I'm not sure, I think the only criteria worth a damn to them is how heavier their coffers will end up being when it's all said and done.

Bert_

On the contrary. If ineos take over and do well then that would truly show them up as incompetent. If Qatar takes over then they'll just say it's the bottemless pit full of cash that made the difference.

Woziak

I realise that a lot of you want the club sold, and so do I.
Nobody here dislikes the Glazers more than me on this forum.
But many of you are "reaching". Put simply, nothing is happening. The bids are in. The Glazers are not happy with any of the bids and are mulling it over.
If they decide to stay, then that's what will happen. if they decide to accept the highest bid, then that's what will happen.
And the longer they delay, the more dividend payments they'll receive, so it's not like they are sitting on a depreciating asset which is making a loss for them.
They are in no rush to sell.
They, the Glazers have actually had a small fine of €300,000 this season for financial fair play, this is during the last three years where certain financial breaks and adjustments were allowed due to the Covid Phase from 2019-2022. During this period of time, the club had a record loss of £115m in 2022 but received financial breaks due to covid, however they, the Glazers did not invest any of their own money into the club which would have prevented the fine. They also took some dividends in this period but did not take dividends this last financial year, because they couldn’t, the board would veto this and vote against this and with new FSP rules coming into action alongside FFP they really are in a financial straight jacket regarding dividends for all 6 siblings, the recent GM on third quarter predicted very little chance of dividends going forward for the club.

Member 127762

Definitely. Without a doubt.
I dunno chief I look at qatars other franchise and all I can see is a massive waste. glazers out negotiating qatarto get seven bill is Another telltale sign. They’ll have their own ‘ideas’ on how to run the club which will include the investors into said fund wanting neymar because he’ll look good at Doha airport

there is no reason past blind faith in their money and replicating city but one sheikh isn’t another and talent is drying in the upstairs department. Had somebody talk up newcastle but they finished last season behind the glazers and got outplayed in a cup final too by Lord Avram and his merry reds.

as for Lord Jim like no way is his ‘plan’ for the club up to much is it, the class a substances want the qatar money and nothing else because they need more money so they’ll kibosh his deal til then and even if he is somehow successful, what the heck is his plan? Brailsfords brain in a vat screaming ANNOUNCEMBAPPE?

the pes6monster lad is correct to say neither candidate is anything. Here remember ought five and we’ll never win the league again let’s be pure and go non-league and three seasons later we were winning the CL because Team Glazer let Fergie work instead of rounding investors on him over horse progeny. Made a huge mistake with woodward and lost the plot man they are awful but can amazingly get worse and United should tread carefully never mind ‘invest in the local area’ and the QatariSuperDome, neither has any idea how to maintain a premier club like United.

Woziak

There is no evidence that the same people that run PSG will be running Manchester United if the “Qataris” take over.
That’s the issue, the recent leak that suggested some of the other board members that are part of 92 Foundation are also linked with QIA and this is why they are silent members, anyone who thinks this is not a state sponsored bid is living on cloud cuckoo land, I would prefer SJ to take over only because the other options are just awful however I’m also not naive enough to believe that the Qatar state has nothing to do with the bid when the Emir himself is strongly rumoured to be a United Fan as well as SJ.

fallengt

Judging from how psg is run. Id be so sure about that.
Divas culture is the thing united want to move away from

Also, i agree with other poster. Glazers will gladly take money from whoever can afford it. They dont give a damn about how united is run. It's been clear for over a decade mow

Marcelinho87

They won't give two fecks what people say about their mismanagement, they will stroll off heads in the clouds with billions pocketed.

You'd think by now people would realise how little they care.

Coops73

That’s the issue, the recent leak that suggested some of the other board members that are part of 92 Foundation are also linked with QIA and this is why they are silent members, anyone who thinks this is not a state sponsored bid is living on cloud cuckoo land, I would prefer SJ to take over only because the other options are just awful however I’m also not naive enough to believe that the Qatar state has nothing to do with the bid when the Emir himself is strongly rumoured to be a United Fan as well as SJ.
Don’t get me wrong I agree, I’m pretty sure that it’s state backed but all we really know for sure is what they are telling us, that it’s a private investment and until there is hard evidence contrary to that we’re all just surmising.

Pes6Monster

Don’t get me wrong I agree, I’m pretty sure that it’s state backed but all we really know for sure is what they are telling us, that it’s a private investment and until there is hard evidence contrary to that we’re all just surmising.
Yep, it is a state bid.

You don't know 'for sure' what you are being told by '92F' is in anyway the truth, either.

stevoc

And if it is state backed (which it almost certainly is) that is all they will ever tell us. They would never publicly confirm it isn't a private endeavour for whichever reason it's being presented as private in the first place.

Officially Newcastle and City are also privatey owned, do you also work under the assumption that they're not state backed either?

Matteh

MUST issue a statement, reported by Whitwell.

https://x.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1691000074266877952?s=46&t=OMeo021LfNL9UKqELhgTVw

“Statement from MUST: “As time goes on this feels less like a sale process + more like the Glazer family holding #MUFC + its fans hostage. The message of fans is clear – sell the club. If they do not intend to, at least have the courage to explain the charade of last 9 months.””

Pes6Monster

MUST issue a statement, reported by Whitwell.

https://x.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1691000074266877952?s=46&t=OMeo021LfNL9UKqELhgTVw

“Statement from MUST: “As time goes on this feels less like a sale process + more like the Glazer family holding #MUFC + its fans hostage. The message of fans is clear – sell the club. If they do not intend to, at least have the courage to explain the charade of last 9 months.””
MUST embracing sports-washing?

Sad to see.

Member 127762

They don’t care about the club - but they do care, greatly, about how they’re perceived.
glazers do not care one bit how they is perceived they only care about money because when you got money then you get perceived as having money and that is what glazer babies want: hard cash

selling up at over twice the valuation because they’ve wrecked it with incompetence and can’t handle daddy’s debt so just cashing in royally as United begin the post glazer era with sheikh mcsportswash who got played like a fiddle by inept glazers and their Brexit Jim silliness

i know you want to see this as some ‘Liberation’ but do not mug yourself this is just business and even those holy joes at MUST are willing to accept a hard-right autocratic dictatorship if it means Wemberley every summer

how we live now

Telsim

MUST statement reminded me this was a thing. Otherwise, I had pretty much forgotten about this farce since I put this on ignore.

Have they announced they are staying yet? Or will they wait for the anniversary?

Woziak

Keep telling yourself that ?

Coops73

And if it is state backed (which it almost certainly is) that is all they will ever tell us. They would never publicly confirm it isn't a private endeavour for whichever reason it's being presented as private in the first place.

Officially Newcastle and City are also privatey owned, do you also work under the assumption that they're not state backed either?
Of course not, maybe I’m not explaining it very clearly, what I’m saying is we can all see that it’s probably a state bid but the evidence that they present to UEFA and premier league will show it’s a private bid, how they do that (backhanders, clever lawyers and accountants) who knows but that is the evidence that they present and it only really matters how UEFA and the premier league see it, unlike PSG which, correct me if I’m wrong, has always been open about the fact it is owned by QSI and therefore state backed..

Woziak

We're going to find out pretty soon
SJ is rumoured to only have offered in a sixth and silent bid the £6bn that they want to relinquish control, he’s always stated he wants a 100% purchase and removal from the NYSE, the other £1.3/1.4bn will be the purchase of the 50 million minority shares, I just don’t understand why so many people don’t get this?

Sir Jimmy boy never ever bided for the 31% Minority shares, he offered about £2.7/2.8bn for 51% of the club which is much less than the new rumoured SJ’s bid because his bid would result in The Glazers and Sir Jimmy being taken through the court system for not offering far market values for the minority shares.

The club is valued at $6bn by Forbes, the Glazers who also own 4.3% of the Class A Shares and want £6bn just to sell their controlling shares, from that value the existing debt would have to be paid, now if SJ wins the bid, he either has to increase his fifth bid from £5.2-5.3bn or he already has and we don’t know due yo NDAs, just recent rumours he has.

It would then take another 2/3 months for him to agree a fair market fee per share under Cayman Law for the existing 50 million class A shares of which the Glazers own approximately 6.9 million.

If he offered $35 or £27 per share that would cost 92 Foundation an additional £1.35 billion so his total bill would be £6bn plus £1.35bn equals £7.35 billion or $9.3bn that’s the price that the Glazers and the board want to sell 100% of the club.

in other words they want 150-160% of Forbes valuation.

Coops73

Keep telling yourself that ?
feck me this is hard work.

I don’t have to tell myself that, like I keep saying, I’m sure it is the Qatari state that is trying to buy United, the hard evidence has to be presented to UEFA and the premier league, that’s what matters.

Woziak

Of course not, maybe I’m not explaining it very clearly, what I’m saying is we can all see that it’s probably a state bid but the evidence that they present to UEFA and premier league will show it’s a private bid, how they do that (backhanders, clever lawyers and accountants) who knows but that is the evidence that they present and it only really matters how UEFA and the premier league see it, unlike PSG which, correct me if I’m wrong, has always been open about the fact it is owned by QSI and therefore state backed..
That’s fine for keeping up a charade but what happens when currently unnamed board members have to be named for a fit and propers directors test because the actually financial resources need to be proven. Let’s hope none of those named are also named at QIA or PSG because that is the issue, you must have a completely different set of directors and some of the rumours which have caused the delay are that some of these very rich men reside on both boards!
Even President of Uefa, Alesander Ceferin stated it’s only fine providing the directors are completely different. I mean it’s not asif The Glazers have not asked N Khallefi, president of PSG to get involved with the bid now is it ?

strandty

Interesting spike, no volume though.
Closed market trades. Probably based on the article where the Cardiff bloke said they’re “going to announce” a certain price and hoping it is literally going to be an announcement rather than if they do.

Coops73

That’s fine for keeping up a charade but what happens when currently unnamed board members have to be named for a fit and propers directors test because the actually financial resources need to be proven. Let’s hope none of those named are also named at QIA or PSG because that is the issue, you must have a completely different set of directors and some of the rumours which have caused the delay are that some of these very rich men reside on both boards!
Even President of Uefa, Alesander Ceferin stated it’s only fine providing the directors are completely different. I mean it’s not asif The Glazers have not asked N Khallefi, president of PSG to get involved with the bid now is it ?
feck knows, I guess they’ll get around it somehow

Quagmire Maguire

Not worried about this at all. I think the takeover happens before Christmas. I actually like the way we are currently building, and I would hope we would continue in a similar vain even post takeover. Like Newcastle, sensible transfers who fit what the manager wants.

I have been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years now so I would also love a huge stadium expansion!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
SJ is rumoured to only have offered in a sixth and silent bid the £6bn that they want to relinquish control, he’s always stated he wants a 100% purchase and removal from the NYSE, the other £1.3/1.4bn will be the purchase of the 50 million minority shares, I just don’t understand why so many people don’t get this?

Sir Jimmy boy never ever bided for the 31% Minority shares, he offered about £2.7/2.8bn for 51% of the club which is much less than the new rumoured SJ’s bid because his bid would result in The Glazers and Sir Jimmy being taken through the court system for not offering far market values for the minority shares.

The club is valued at $6bn by Forbes, the Glazers who also own 4.3% of the Class A Shares and want £6bn just to sell their controlling shares, from that value the existing debt would have to be paid, now if SJ wins the bid, he either has to increase his fifth bid from £5.2-5.3bn or he already has and we don’t know due yo NDAs, just recent rumours he has.

It would then take another 2/3 months for him to agree a fair market fee per share under Cayman Law for the existing 50 million class A shares of which the Glazers own approximately 6.9 million.

If he offered $35 or £27 per share that would cost 92 Foundation an additional £1.35 billion so his total bill would be £6bn plus £1.35bn equals £7.35 billion or $9.3bn that’s the price that the Glazers and the board want to sell 100% of the club.

in other words they want 150-160% of Forbes valuation.
Correct me if I am wrong but when eventually there's a deal, we'll know for sure, right?

Because certainly they'll have to say how much they're paying for the class A shares but surely also the class Bs 'fate' should be clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.